The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Justice System Contradiction

Demnvath
Demnvath
✭✭✭
Hello.

Am a representative of the french roleplay community TESORP and I notice a LITTLE problem with the Justice System.

Proud member of the Ebonheart Pact, I travelled to Glenumbria and kill some Daggerfall Alliance soldiers in a military camp. Daggerfall guards attacked me, and, tired, I returned to Mournhold. And then, what a surprise, ordinators attacked me ! Why ordinators attack me when I'm just a HERO who BUTCHERED the ENNEMY ? Neither the banker do not want to speak to me? WHY?!

It's ridiculous. It's ok the guards attack you when you rob the citizens of your faction, but why do they attack you when you kill ennemies? It's, again, a big contradiction of the silver and gold campaigns which send you in other places with friendly ennemies everywhere. Patch it please. I do not want ordinators attacking me for the kill of ennemy soldiers !
Contributeur à la conception de la langue Dunmeri.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because they half-assed the justice system, but people are raving about the no stat fluff clothing you can steal. The justice system is the most over-hyped thing they have come out with yet. Sorry folks but it could have been so much better.
    :trollin:
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because bounties are Tamriel wide to prevent someone from going to Daggerfall committing all sorts of crimes then retreating to Mournhold to have no consequences until the bounty dissipated. Its like Oblivion's justice system where telepathy is used to spread word of your criminal status across Cyrodiil instead of like in Skyrim where a crime committed in one hold wasn't known in a different hold. If you don't want to deal with the consequences of your actions then don't do the crime.

When you go to the other faction areas for Cadwell's Silver and Goldyou're being sent by Meridia to experience their struggles as though you washed up there, to get to know them as a people and their struggles. You may see them as the enemy but they see you as one of them so when you attack them you're committing a crime not fighting your war.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • Demnvath
    Demnvath
    ✭✭✭
    The hole thing about Meridia and the Cadwell's Silver and Gold is a masquerade to add content to the game. Don't try to explain me why it's logic, it's not.

By the way, dunmers are slavers, and killing some breton peasants is absolutely not a problem, since they are considered not more as animals.

Being killed by ordinators for the kill of a breton knight, or being killed by a Skywatch guard for the kill of a nord barbarian in Riften, it's absolutely not logic.
    Something must be done with this Justice System to make it more logic. To rob a grandma in Wayrest can't be punished in Kragenmoor! Be logic, you n'wah !

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Inappropriate Content and Language]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on February 6, 2015 6:25PM
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Y'all criminals looks alile - it all war until you will be executed for crimes against humanity... :)
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • Demnvath
    Demnvath
    ✭✭✭
    vovus69 wrote: »
    Y'all criminals looks alile - it all war until you will be executed for crimes against humanity... :)

What humanity? It's a game about elven, lizardfolks, drunk barbarians, slaves and Molag Bal as the Prince of R.ape ! Don't bother people with crimes against humanity. 60% of the Tamriel population is NOT human., and in the remaining 40%, bretons are half-breeds elves.

But you are all off topic. I talk you about logic, and you talk me about Nuremberg tribunal and other things that do NOT exist on Nirn. :\
    Edited by Demnvath on February 6, 2015 5:28PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Demnvath wrote: »
    Hello.

Am a representative of the french roleplay community TESORP and I notice a LITTLE problem with the Justice System.

It's ridiculous. It's ok the guards attack you when you rob the citizens of your faction, but why do they attack you when you kill ennemies? It's, again, a big contradiction of the silver and gold campaigns which send you in other places with friendly ennemies everywhere. Patch it please. I do not want ordinators attacking me for the kill of ennemy soldiers !

THIS!!!!!
    Which is why the whole silver/gold quest system needs to go OUT the door ASAP.

*why...because of the above. It contradicts with the story and the entire "At war" idea.
    **How or what takes it place. Well how about having a PvE Cyrodil with the shards, etc (and PvP too) but it would be campaign based as some of us like PvP while others prefer PvE.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on February 6, 2015 5:39PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Coqualier
    Coqualier
    ✭✭✭
    In all other country of Tamriel, the Pact, Covenant and Dominion used odious method to affect the people of their ennemies. Crush the eggs of Argonian, execute civils, use necromancy.

Is a fictional universe. This racism, horror, blood, untolerance. What is actually horrible in real life is natural in the game. So why you can't going to do the bad job of assassins, sabotage, or other ?

So in the "RolePlay" they aren't all the men which was defeat Molag Bal, saved Tamriel, and going to other alliance because... Meridia, an Daedric Prince want to... (Ok, stop, why Meridia was the good girl of the story ?)

And if you kill guard or soldier or civilian in Daggerfall. Why Ordonnator going to kill you because you defeat enemies of Morrowind ?

For me, "Justice system" it is an attempt to give more playing time to players. But he does not care much of the role play . Which is a shame . Have a nice day. :(

Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on February 6, 2015 6:26PM
  • mrvbalc
    mrvbalc
    ✭✭✭
    Murder is murder whether u kill a good guy or bad guy. If you kill someone you have to face justice (though it is swift and sometimes brutal). End of story.
    967qe6gfe8s7.png
    Balc
    As always Dragon of the Dominion
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello.

Proud member of the Ebonheart Pact, I travelled to Glenumbria and kill some Daggerfall Alliance soldiers in a military camp. Daggerfall guards attacked me, and, tired, I returned to Mournhold. And then, what a surprise, ordinators attacked me ! Why ordinators attack me when I'm just a HERO who BUTCHERED the ENNEMY ? Neither the banker do not want to speak to me? WHY?!

Because roleplaying is irrelevant to an MMORPG. If you let people steal/kill in other faction zones, they simply would, and never have to interact with the "Justice" system at all. i.e. it would be an exploit.

Try to remember, Roleplaying is up to YOU, not the game engine mechanics. The game engine mechanics are designed for regular players.
  • Demnvath
    Demnvath
    ✭✭✭
    mrvbalc wrote: »
    Murder is murder whether u kill a good guy or bad guy. If you kill someone you have to face justice (though it is swift and sometimes brutal). End of story.

No.

Or, yes. And you go in jail immediately for having kill people in Cyrodiil. Ridiculous. People don't think on this forum?
  • Demnvath
    Demnvath
    ✭✭✭
    Hello.

Because roleplaying is irrelevant to an MMORPG. If you let people steal/kill in other faction zones, they simply would, and never have to interact with the "Justice" system at all. i.e. it would be an exploit.

Try to remember, Roleplaying is up to YOU, not the game engine mechanics. The game engine mechanics are designed for regular players.

MMORPG. MMORolePlayingGame. thanks. Goodbye.
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello.

Massively Multiplayer Online Roll Playing Game.
    Has nothing to do with roleplaying.
  • Coqualier
    Coqualier
    ✭✭✭

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massively_multiplayer_online_role-playing_game

No.
  • Demnvath
    Demnvath
    ✭✭✭
    Hello.

What is wrong with you, dude ? xD
    ROLE. ROLE ! Not roll x)

That's a roll playing game -> Roll play

In short, you're off topic.
    Edited by Demnvath on February 6, 2015 6:13PM
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coqualier wrote: »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massively_multiplayer_online_role-playing_game

No.

Rule of Me: Roleplayers are a plague on MMORPGs, and should all be banned so that there is less lag and clutter in the chat window. And most certainly, no developer time should be spent on making any kind of game mechanic or system to support roleplaying. Developer time should only be spent on making content and systems for real players.

And it is on topic, as I pointed out, it would be an easy exploit for regular players to bypass justice system by going to silver/gold zones to open containers.
  • Coqualier
    Coqualier
    ✭✭✭
    An MMORPG should actually think about ALL the players. That 's why the game mechanics are designed for all and not just for those seeking immersion. BUT. It's not a reason for denigrate why you create a game with an univers you invent for a stronger experience.

You can't again and again said "tolerance for all" and spit on the coherence of your creation. It's the same for Justice System, Veteran System or when you look a vampire and you can"t doing nothing... It's not "The Elder Scroll", TeS it's a Role Play Game with an story, an univers, and not just a "game mechanic" for "regular players", because roleplaygamers it's a regular players" with passion.

"onlinegamer1" =

the only scourge of an MMORPG are the people who like you, denigrates the passions of others to his. Whether for roleplay or anything else. All players can play as they want , the important thing is to respect what they do. that's it, the openness.
    Edited by Coqualier on February 6, 2015 6:16PM
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that you think there should be game mechanics for roleplaying means you have absolutely no idea what the definition of "roleplaying" is.
  • Demnvath
    Demnvath
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that you think there should be game mechanics for roleplaying means you have absolutely no idea what the definition of "roleplaying" is.

Please don't pollute the topic. Thanks. Nobody cares about "your" definition of roleplaying.

This topic stands to denounce a Justice System problem, not to let you babbling about anything else.
  • Coqualier
    Coqualier
    ✭✭✭
    Or you can not imagine what it is ? Who are you to judge , the designer of " role playing " ? You who think we should ban people for a passion, and now attacks other denigrating them again and again . Puts you in question to ask you if " yes or no " it worth it to be as hostile as the others are not like you, you like.

this conversation is over, MJ settle this story if they deem it neccessary .

have good day
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please don't pollute the topic. Thanks. Nobody cares about "your" definition of roleplaying.

This topic stands to denounce a Justice System problem, not to let you babbling about anything else.

This topic is over, I already pointed it that it would be a GAME EXPLOIT to allow people to steal without repercussions. Roleplaying is irrelevant to that fact.
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah, RP'ers......

The .001% of ESO. Sure, let's re-design the game to keep all 37 of you happy....
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol apparently roleplaying people are not 'real' to some people. I may not join in on the purple talk, nor really understand it, but I'm not actively going to try and antagonize nor suggest they be banned lol. Talk about fascist behavior, jeez.

To the OP though, the game mechanics make it so you are no longer part of the pact when you are in silver and gold, whether you like that or not, it is the way it is.

In order for them to do what you want they would literally have to scrap the cadwell's portion of the game and let you level through there as a pact person, which would require rewrites and voice overs for the entire thing x3, soooo that will happen exactly never.

If you want to r.p. then turn off the killing of innocents and go and murder all the red you want, you won't have to worry about it.

TL:DR never gonna happen.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dharbert wrote: »
    Ah, RP'ers......

The .001% of ESO. Sure, let's re-design the game to keep all 37 of you happy....

QFT. These people will be the F2Ps anyway. No lost revenue there.
  • RakshaTheKhajiit
    I agree with OP that its kinda dumb. Looks like something that is not implemented (yet, I hope it will be eventually).

Not sure if its a balance thing. Who cares if someone steals and runs away to other zones, to wait for bounty to disappear? You can do that now anyway by sitting in any solo or group dungeon. No one will be able to farm gold that way due to fence limits.

I personally have special characters in EP and DC factions that will be slaying EP and DC higherups (for the good of all Tamriel united under glorious AD), and when I will feel like playing on AD zones with them, I guess I'll just pay off my bounty.
    Edited by RakshaTheKhajiit on February 6, 2015 7:13PM
    Do you like to run things in all Khajiit teams? Me too, so don't ever hesitate to contact me in game (@RakshaTheKhajiit, PC NA) if you'd like to be in one of our all Khajiit runs or you need more Khajiit for your runs.
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if its a balance thing. Who cares if someone steals and runs away to other zones, to wait for bounty to disappear? You can do that now anyway by sitting in any solo or group dungeon. No one will be able to farm gold that way due to fence limits.

Heck, you can do it by hunkering down behind any building where the guards don't patrol.
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • frank.bindb16_ESO
    frank.bindb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sue_D_Nim wrote: »

Heck, you can do it by hunkering down behind any building where the guards don't patrol.

It's more easy, you can log out at a save place, play one of your twinks and coming back after 2 hours or so your bounty has gone. I hope they will change this until release. I think the bounty should only fall, while playing the character.

Edited by frank.bindb16_ESO on February 9, 2015 8:18AM
  • frank.bindb16_ESO
    frank.bindb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

You can farm gold in this way, cause you can raise the limit. After the first skillpoint it raises from 50 to 120. And you can raise it 4 times. And if I remember correctly a stack counts 1 item only.

Edited by frank.bindb16_ESO on February 9, 2015 8:29AM
  • Demnvath
    Demnvath
    ✭✭✭
    Robing is all about making money with ease... I don't see the problem :D
  • Vordae
    Vordae
    ✭✭✭
    Coqualier wrote: »
    In all other country of Tamriel, the Pact, Covenant and Dominion used odious method to affect the people of their ennemies. Crush the eggs of Argonian, execute civils, use necromancy.

Is a fictional universe. This racism, horror, blood, untolerance. What is actually horrible in real life is natural in the game. So why you can't going to do the bad job of assassins, sabotage, or other ?

So in the "RolePlay" they aren't all the men which was defeat Molag Bal, saved Tamriel, and going to other alliance because... Meridia, an Daedric Prince want to... (Ok, stop, why Meridia was the good girl of the story ?)

And if you kill guard or soldier or civilian in Daggerfall. Why Ordonnator going to kill you because you defeat enemies of Morrowind ?

For me, "Justice system" it is an attempt to give more playing time to players. But he does not care much of the role play . Which is a shame . Have a nice day. :(

If you want the system to be that way then they have to function as separate realms. You would no longer be able to teleport any were into enemy territory. You would have to travel on foot or horse from you home realm to were you want to attack. That could take lots of time traveling. Players of the opposing faction would be able to openly attack you if they found you in there territory as you are basically just breaking the law even being there. You are not talking about a Justice system. You are talking about a war system. This already exists in the game. It is called Cyrodiil. You can go there and kill the enemy faction and your own faction rewards you for it and calls you a hero.
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because bounties are Tamriel wide to prevent someone from going to Daggerfall committing all sorts of crimes then retreating to Mournhold to have no consequences until the bounty dissipated.
    So this entire over-hyped and 'eagerly' anticipated system is fatally flawed, 'logic' wise, to prevent exploits.

If something is holed below the water-line it's time to abandon ship, not jump on and hope the bilge pumps work.