Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

IMPLEMENT THIS: My player housing system BOOM!

Messy1
Messy1
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the system/concept that ESO should adopt in regards to player housing that will work for both consoles and PC/MAC.

Housing (two types):
Portable
Fixed

Concept: Players can own both a portable "camp" and a fixed "house." The fixed house will be instanced and the player would be able to invite people over to their house. The portable house would be something that the player could setup all around Tamriel and show off to friends but also have some utility, like storage and crafting. Housing and upgrades will be purchaseable by gold or by crowns. Players will only be able to own 1 portable house and 1 fixed house. They can sell their old homes and/or trade them in partial payment for better ones.

Portable Housing:
Starts simple, but then becomes more elegant and functional with the amount of gold or crowns you are willing to spend on it. Each portable house should have some upgrades associated with it and offer some sort of purpose that is more than just purely cosmetic. Ex) by sleeping in your portable house for a little while, You should gain some sort of rested buff based on the kind of portable house you have and maybe a small chance for something fun and random to happen like animals flocking to your campsite or brigands attacking you.
Portable housing can be setup anywhere outside of cities, or in designated city zones and can be tied into the justice system (i.e. if you try to pitch a tent in the town square a guard will fine you). Portable housing would also be able to be setup in a dungeon when all the enemies are cleared from the area and if it is appropriate i.e. you could setup a hovel or a campsite, but you cannot bring your horse drawn wagon portable housing unit into the dungeon because that does not seem feasible.
Portable housing can be setup and dismantled from the collection screen or be setup by covenient commands like /hovel or /wagon.

1) Hovel- Pretty much a sleeping bag, a bag to stow your gear, and some other upgrades available
- By resting in your hovel for 5 mins you get a 1hr 2% boost to health, stamina, and magicka
- Gives you +10 inventory upgradeable to +30
- Cosmetic upgrades would include things like "firepit", "hovel banekin groundskeeper", "bookbag", "treasure bag (i.e. a bag of gold and gems spilling on the ground that looks cool)", etc.
*Able to be setup in dungeons

2) Campsite
-By resting at your campsite for five mins you get a 1 hr 3% boost to health, stamina, and magicka
-Gives you +20 inventory upgradeable to +50
-Choose to have 1 crafting station of your choice (i.e. enchanting, clothing, blacksmith, provisioning, woodwoorking)
-Cosmetic upgrades would include things like "firepit", "pet pit (where you could showcase your pets like a little petting zoo)", "treasure chest", "ragged tent", "rugged tent", "lordly tent", "various bag and ground covering options", etc.
*Able to setup in dungeons

3) Horse drawn wagon
-By resting in your wagon house for five mins you get a 3% boost to health, stamina, and magicka and a 10% increase in skill line advancement for 1 hr (i.e. bow skill line would increase faster, destruction staff, daedric summoning, ardent flame, etc.).
-Wagon would be pulled by the mount of your choice in your collection
-Portable housing unit has two modes . . . stationary (i.e. when you are sleeping and resting, crafting, etc.) and mobile i.e. you can ride your mount with your wagon house in tow to show off to the world.
- Gives you +30 inventory upgradeable to +75
-Choose 2 crafting stations to have
-Cosmetic upgrades would include things like "paint job", "tether post". "firepit", "racially appropriate wagon design i.e. argonian, nord, imperial, etc", "various bags and chests," and more . . .
*Not able to setup in dungeons because honestly how can you bring a wagon and a horse into such a dank enviroment.

Stay tuned for my next brilliant concept on Fixed Houses for players it is sure to amaze . . .

• orangeberry4
    orangeberry4
    ✭✭✭
    i would love to see all this stuff, I love eso but its a little incomplete compared to upcoming mmo considering I just came out last yea. blak desert online has all these features and much more.
    Options
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just skimmed through but I like the inventory bonus .
    Options
  • Fivefivesix
    Fivefivesix
    ✭✭✭
    Cool idea. Would be awesome to see them implement something like this.
    United we stand, divided we fall.
    Options
  • Nylix
    Nylix
    I like this concept! Housing definitely could provide a well rested bonus, with portable housing less so.
    I'm not sold on the idea of 5-10 wagons set up outside dungeons though. I can see it now... wagons littered through watery ditches with all these fancy upgrades, etc. for some reason set up just outside of a sewer dungeon, etc. On the other hand though, it would be nice for guilds to be able to set up wagons outside of large dungeons/raids.
    "... what? Don't look at me like that - The early magpie gets the trove."

Dark Brotherhood Wallpaper
    ESO theme for Razer Deathstalker Ultimate keyboard
    Options