The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Reddit AMA Today @ 1:00PM EST

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Join us today at 1:00PM EST to ask us questions about Tamriel Unlimited, ESO Plus, the Crown Store, console, and more! We’ll have members of the ESO development team present including:
  • Matt Firor, Game Director
  • Paul Sage, Creative Director
  • Nick Konkle, Lead Designer
  • Chris Strasz, Lead Gameplay Designer
  • Eric Wrobel, Lead Combat Designer
  • Lee Ridout, Lead E-Commerce Designer

This will be hosted on the ESO subreddit page (linked below), and we’ll answering questions until 3:00PM EST. Hope to see you there!

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/2tepef/eso_reddit_ama_from_1pm_to_3pm_est_on_friday/

f89447cd46ff1b62ecb38f5c1e9e19.jpg
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, this should be good.
    This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Please print this email and keep it for your records.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the hand in pocket guy also the e-commerce guy? :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's much better communication than the PR Live of 2 days ago. Thanks.
    Wololo.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

That's Chris Strasz, our Lead Gameplay Designer. Lee Ridout is to the right of him.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    May the divines protect you all. This may be be very "interesting" if you know what I mean ....
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha Ha, Paul in another uneecue shirt!
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Goresnort
    Goresnort
    ✭✭✭
    That shirt and those pants.

Poor man. He needs help. Badly ;)
  • Nikolas
    Nikolas
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, I'm not going to miss this since I know that your answers will be the absolute truth!

#service sarcasm stop
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh yes ofcourse give a Q&A session to Reddit first....our buttholes here on the OFFICIAL forums are still a bit sore after the shafting we have been getting since before Christmas....
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will answer all questions or only on questions you want to answer?
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We'd like to allow both current and potential new players to be able to ask questions.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just going to point out the exit sign above their heads as a little ironic :p personally I have no plans to leave with B2P but just struck me as funny.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on January 23, 2015 5:29PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • bugmom
    bugmom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for doing this! And I wish I could apologize on behalf of all the haters but of course I can't. You have created a wonderful experience in ESO and I for one am excited to see it has a plan to help it grow and evolve.
  • The_Great_Maldini
    The_Great_Maldini
    ✭✭✭

That's Chris Strasz, our Lead Gameplay Designer. Lee Ridout is to the right of him.

Oh man...you just threw him to the wolves! No more family Holiday cards for you!
  • The_Great_Maldini
    The_Great_Maldini
    ✭✭✭
    Goresnort wrote: »

He is the creative director. Thus he is being creative with his wardrobe. Maybe it helps get the mojo flowing? Either that or his wife does not pick out his wardrobe...
  • grimjim398
    grimjim398
    ✭✭✭
    What a surprise. A bunch of white guys.
  • bugmom
    bugmom
    ✭✭✭✭

He is the creative director. Thus he is being creative with his wardrobe. Maybe it helps get the mojo flowing? Either that or his wife does not pick out his wardrobe...

So let me understand - these guys are trying to improve communication, posted a photo so we can see who they are, and so people on the forum need to attack them personally???? What kind of people are you?

In game, I have encountered so many friendly, helpful people. The community is one of the things I love and the people I play with would never do personal attacks in a forum. Who are you people?

• The_Great_Maldini
    The_Great_Maldini
    ✭✭✭
    bugmom wrote: »

So let me understand - these guys are trying to improve communication, posted a photo so we can see who they are, and so people on the forum need to attack them personally???? What kind of people are you?

In game, I have encountered so many friendly, helpful people. The community is one of the things I love and the people I play with would never do personal attacks in a forum. Who are you people?

What are you talking about? Busting his chops is not insulting. His co-workers made fun of his shirt on the most recent ESO Live if you watch it. Paul has a good sense of humor from what I've seen of him.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As long as he's doing his job, he could wear a fluorescent pink track suit and a lime green top-hat for all I care :disagree:
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭

internets. land a probe on a comet and the internet is more concerned about what shirt you are wearing.

Which also leads to why we hide from the real world in Tamriel in the first place ;)
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Grayaxeb14_ESO
    internets. land a probe on a comet and the

Did they ever get that poor little probe out of the crevice?
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You probably don't want to admit you have a "Lead E-Commerce Designer". But, if you do, definitely keep him anonymous. But if you insist on giving his name, at least don't let people know what he looks like!

Oops. Too late. :-)
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Paul knows what we're talking about.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My question is a rhetorical one to the community:

Are there any questions that could be answered that aren't going to lead to more flaming, passive aggressive comments, or paranoid theories on how they are out to get your money?

Sorry for the negativity, but an AMA right now in this sea of irrational complaints makes it seem like valid concerns will be overlooked.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • bugmom
    bugmom
    ✭✭✭✭

What are you talking about? Busting his chops is not insulting. His co-workers made fun of his shirt on the most recent ESO Live if you watch it. Paul has a good sense of humor from what I've seen of him.

Ok, missed that when I watched. Point taken!

• fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'd like to allow both current and potential new players to be able to ask questions.
    So as a paying customer of yours I'm expected to register on a site I despise in order to be able to get questions answered that I reasonably expect should be dealt with on your official forums.

Have I got that right?
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So as a paying customer of yours I'm expected to register on a site I despise in order to be able to get questions answered that I reasonably expect should be dealt with on your official forums.

Have I got that right?

No wrong. You can register on a site you despise in order to do it. Not expected to. There are also forum methods of getting questions answered.

People who haven't bought the game cannot post on these forums unless I am mistaken hence why giving an AMA on Reddit (a popular AMA site) is beneficial to the community which you are a part of.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭

Have I got that right?

Nah, based on that post… betting your questions will already be asked by several of the other posters here.
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not going to through the process of following on my phone this AMA (reddit can really bug out my phone for some reason) so I'd like to just throw this out to the community and hopefully someone will ask the question.

When the switch over occurs, there will be queues for entering Cyro and possibly,if the influx is large enough, entering the game. With that being the working assumption the question is:

Will subscribers, ESO+ members, jump to the front of those queues or wait with everyone else?
    + edited for grammar, do I hate when I make stupid grammatical errors its bad enough dyslexia has me write like yoda at times.
    Edited by jcasini222ub17_ESO on January 23, 2015 5:40PM
  • mamericus
    mamericus
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that you need a "lead" e-commerce guy, potentially implying he has an entire team behind him, is scary.