The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Error 210 - PatchManifestError_DownloadFail

stefano.conigliob16_ESO
As of yesterday night, I get this error: "Error 210 - PatchManifestError_DownloadFail". Restarting or asking for a Repair does not fix the issue.
Is there any connectivity issue server-side?
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there!

We have an article to address this issue right here. If continue to experience the same issue after following the steps in this article, please let us know!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • stefano.conigliob16_ESO
    I followed all the steps, but the problem persists. Actually, the repair itself does not run at all, due to the "unable to download patch manifest" issue.
  • MarRyb
    MarRyb
    ✭✭
    Yeah exactly the same thing for me. Please have a look into it. Actually, I get Error 102 DownloadError_InvalidMetafile. I tried everything as described here.
    Edited by MarRyb on January 12, 2015 10:14PM
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there!

If this didn't help, please give the following steps a shot. As this edits an important networking file on the computer, please ensure that you follow the steps precisely to avoid any issues.
    1. Open the Run menu by pressing the Windows key and R
    2. Type in the following command to the runbox: notepad c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
    3. Once Notepad has opened the file, search for the line that contains the following information:
    4. ##.##.##.## launcher.bethesda.net

Please note that the # represents the numbers of the direct IP Address
    5. Delete that entire line from the Hosts file
    6. Save the changes but do NOT use "Save As" because this will change the Hosts file's extension

Important: If the launcher.bethesda.net line is not there, do not edit anything else in this file.

If this doesn't help, please let us know!
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Happens here as well, after this morning's update...
    Seriously, this happens pretty much after each second update or so!
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And then it immediately insists on ANOTHER REPAIR!!!
    Sorry, but we just shouldn't have to go through this after almost every update!! FIX YOUR LAUNCHER ZENIMAX!!!!!!!!!!
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @AngryNord,

Generally closing and re-opening the launcher will resolve that issue. If not, are you receiving any error messages when you launch the game client? If so, could you please specify the error number (209, 210, etc)?
    Edited by ZOS_GaryA on January 13, 2015 5:24PM
    Staff Post
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am also getting this from this morning's maintenance.

Launching from eso.exe works fine although the game is reporting 1.5.7.1103452 version. But it logs me in and I can play which I would not expect to be able to do if it was a version mismatch.

Is it possible you patched the launcher but forgot to patch the game... or some variation on the theme - it would not be the first time...
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @SuraklinPrime‌,

It is a known issue that the game's version number didn't update, and it will be resolved in the next patch. If you are able to log in, you're updated to the most recent version from yesterday's patch.

If you folks haven't tried already, please give a shot to the KB linked in the first post as well as the additional steps in the following posts. If these don't help, please let us know!
    Staff Post
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there @AngryNord,

Generally closing and re-opening the launcher will resolve that issue. If not, are you receiving any error messages when you launch the game client? If so, could you please specify the error number (209, 210, etc)?

As said above, the error message repeats itself and then a forced repair
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had this happening today after the update.

I tried to avoid the repair, so after a few restarts of the launcher, it stopped showing the error and let me in completely normal again. Not a problem anymore.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AngryNord can you please specify the error message that you are receiving? We know it's a patch manifest error, but we need to know if it's 210 or 209.
    Staff Post
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a 209 here.

Have run as admin, although I am running elevated anyway, and that does work.

PTS appears to be fine whether elevated or not.

I don't have a hosts entry.

GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    @AngryNord can you please specify the error message that you are receiving? We know it's a patch manifest error, but we need to know if it's 210 or 209.

"Patchmanifesterror". Have tried all the tricks you listed, STILL get it!!!! FIX YOUR *** LAUNCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Aenra
    Aenra
    ✭✭✭✭
    do not wish to start a new thread for nothing;
    same issue, zero resolution thus far

tried admin (though did not need to as UAC is off)
    tried repair,
    tried all 3 of my registry cleaners + a reboot and again repair
    tried deleting all my .version files, running all 3 reg cleaners, rebooting, and proceeding to 'install'->close->'update'->close->repair
    tried (though again i had no need to, exceptions were already active) fully disabling my NIS suite

i am aware a number of launcher restarts eventualy allows you to log in;
    hopefully however, a better solution (this is an issue from your end) will be implemented in a future patch. If you think there is a solution i may have missed, do feel free to let me know!
    Pride, honour and purity
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tried everything except total reinstall, STILL get error 209!! VERY close to unsubbing now!!!!!1
    We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aenra wrote: »
    If you think there is a solution i may have missed, do feel free to let me know!

Full uninstall + subscription cancellation
  • Meitral
    Meitral
    AngryNord wrote: »
    Aenra wrote: »
    If you think there is a solution i may have missed, do feel free to let me know!

Full uninstall + subscription cancellation

ragequit lol

Edited by Meitral on January 13, 2015 8:04PM
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Meitral wrote: »
    ragequit lol

Why should we pay to keep alive a game whose producers don't even have the competence needed to make a working launcher? Having to repeatedly repair the client after every second patch would be bordering to unacceptable even for an F2P game.
  • Meitral
    Meitral
    AngryNord wrote: »
    Meitral wrote: »
    ragequit lol

Why should we pay to keep alive a game whose producers don't even have the competence needed to make a working launcher? Having to repeatedly repair the client after every second patch would be bordering to unacceptable even for an F2P game.

F2P game are waiting for you. Not sure you'll find the same level of gameplay, content and PVP... but its your choice ;)

Edited by Meitral on January 13, 2015 8:14PM
  • Aenra
    Aenra
    ✭✭✭✭
    apologies, forgot to add, cannot edit post with my IE

- i have no specific DNS server set, so obviously no /flush needed
    - my IP has not changed
    - the 209 manifest error 'happened' for the first time -after- i exited game this morning. Not after patching, did not even patch today, not when i opened/run launcher. Everything was fine, i exited the client at some point, after i got back to desktop the 209 error popped up (i usually leave the launcher running in the background). Notification was not there when launcher had initiated.

have tried everything else as listed above.
    Pride, honour and purity
  • Jmannoodle
    Jmannoodle
    Soul Shriven
    I was having similar issues with the patch yesterday. No help from customer support, however running the launcher as administrator (right click, and select "Run as administrator") worked and it patched successfully.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there folks,

Let's please keep the conversation surrounded around giving and receiving support for the topic title at hand. If you are experiencing other issues, we ask that you either create a new topic to receive assistance for the issue, or create a new topic in a different location on the forums that is more fitting to the situation.

@AngryNord, as you have completed all of the troubleshooting in this topic, we have created a ticket for you detailing all of the troubleshooting you have completed so far. They should be able to provide more individual assistance for your issue.
    Staff Post
    OP here. Quite weirdly, the latest patch FIXED the problem for me.
    OP again. Update. The client worked as it did correctly patch the game but, AFTER LOGGING IN, it bugged out again. Same Error 210 as in the original thread. Fortunately, a simple restart (of the client) seems to have fixed it.
    Edited by stefano.conigliob16_ESO on January 14, 2015 10:06AM
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I often get this error in the 24-48 hours after a patch, either when opening the launcher or on occasion when exiting the game and leaving the launcher open........

Closing the error notification and closing the launcher, then re-opening the launcher has always resulted in the error going away.....

Sometimes I have to close and re-open the launcher multiple times before it works..........

I NEVER use the repair option!!

Extra detail, my launcher is set to run as admin BUT I always right click and choose the 'run as admin' option too :)

Edit:- That is of course as long as the most recent patch DID download properly....

I never leave my PC when a patch is downloading....

After all I am not clinically insane!! :p
    Edited by freespirit on January 14, 2015 2:45AM
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP again. Update. The client worked as it did correctly patch the game but, AFTER LOGGING IT, it bugged out again. Same Error 210 as in the original thread. Fortunately, a simple restart (of client) seems to have fixed it.

Yes, when I thought I had nailed it, it always resurfaced after exiting the game here too. I _seem_ to have been able to kill it by _both_ deleting the .version file in the ESO main directory, _and_ deleting the Programdata subfolder, but I'm not knocking wood quite yet...
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good thing I didn't knock wood - just tried the launcher again (AFTER a reboot), AND IT ONCE AGAIN INSISTS ON DOING A FULL REPAIR AND DISPLAYS THE BLOODY ERROR 209!!!!!!
    I am giving support ONE more chance to fix this ONCE AND FOR ALL, or there will be one less subscriber pretty soon!!!!!!!!!!
    Edited by AngryNord on January 14, 2015 10:54AM
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    (and I have not yet had ANY communication from support previously, despite @ZOS_GaryA claimed to have made a ticket...)
    Edited by AngryNord on January 14, 2015 5:49AM
    Ideed. This stuff is frustrating. Looks like being back to the old Ultima Online days, and that was bloody 1996!
    Edited by stefano.conigliob16_ESO on January 14, 2015 10:08AM
This discussion has been closed.