Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

2015 - The Khajiit Manifesto

SantieClaws
SantieClaws
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This one has noticed that there are some times in the game when the game does not allow for this one to truly express oneself as a Khajiit.

Therefore this one would like to request some changes to allow us more of a cultural equality with the other races.

This one would like the following emotes:

Play with ball of yarn

Curl up and nap

Eat mousey

Hiss (for use against dogs and guildmates with dogs)

Scratch

Wash ears

Eat moon sugar

Watch moon

Pounce

Purr

This one also noticed all the bard songs are about humans and elves (mostly elves). This one would like some about Khajiit. I would suggest:

The sweet sweet sugar song

Walking on warm sands

Oh little red ball of yarn

Mousey, mousey

This one would also like to see more Khajiit literature. For example our classic text The Angry Khajiiti Maid where an innocent Khajiiti maid is bothered by her employer and subsequently scratches his eyes out before disappearing into the night.

On a non Khajiit note this one would also like to request that werewolves be allowed to dance, indeed use all emotes. We had a werewolf at the party last night and all he could do was jump up and down. This one does not normally stand up for something that is essentially a dog but this one thinks it would be very funny to see a werewolf dance.

This one would also like a saddle that does not pinch the tail but this one does not hold out much hope for this.

Signed

Santie Claws, Skybright and Luckee.
Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shunravi finds himself liking these ideas. Especially the one about the saddles.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
    Options
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are already some emotes that work very well with khajiits:
    /sweep
    /rake
    /beg
    /cower
    /cry
    /drunk
    Wololo.
    Options
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /Steal
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Play with ball of yarn
    • Curl up and nap
    • Eat mousey
    • Hiss (for use against dogs and guildmates with dogs)
    • Scratch
    • Wash ears
    • Eat moon sugar
    • Watch moon
    • Pounce
    • Purr
    (edited quote for formatting)

As far as I understand Khajiit culture, they wouldn't do things such as "play with a ball of yarn" or "curl up and nap". They're not just big "kittehs", they're a proud and sophisticated race.

I know my Khajiit, Dar-Ja'Taba, would never "eat mousey"... not unless he's starving and can find a spit to cook it over first. Of course, he was raised by a compassionate Dark Elf in Davon Watch, not by other Khajiit. That could explain why he may not be like other Khajiit. :wink:
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    • Play with ball of yarn
    • Curl up and nap
    • Eat mousey
    • Hiss (for use against dogs and guildmates with dogs)
    • Scratch
    • Wash ears
    • Eat moon sugar
    • Watch moon
    • Pounce
    • Purr
    (edited quote for formatting)

As far as I understand Khajiit culture, they wouldn't do things such as "play with a ball of yarn" or "curl up and nap". They're not just big "kittehs", they're a proud and sophisticated race.

Yes, they would probably gut you if you suggested they play with a ball of Yarn, unless they are high on moon sugar or skooma, in which it's anyone's guess. (my money would be on gut you then play with the Yarn)
    I know my Khajiit, Dar-Ja'Taba, would never "eat mousey"... not unless he's starving and can find a spit to cook it over first. Of course, he was raised by a compassionate Dark Elf in Davon Watch, not by other Khajiit. That could explain why he may not be like other Khajiit. :wink:

This is where it gets odd, because Dunmer probably would eat mousey, maybe in a Rodent Muffin, or perhaps a Mouse Souffle, or perhaps a Grilled as a Kebab.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one resents the stereotyping of the Khajiit as thieving and lazy and good for nothing sugar addicts.

This one was only looking through all those wardrobes and trunks for mice and maybe the odd unwanted bit of sugar.

This one needs to go nap now.

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is where it gets odd, because Dunmer probably would eat mousey, maybe in a Rodent Muffin, or perhaps a Mouse Souffle, or perhaps a Grilled as a Kebab.

Mouse in general seems unsavory to him... but to just pick up a random rodent and chomp down. no sir!

The Dumner who raised him, Vadrana, was in no way your typical Dumner. She abhorred violence and welcomed anyone who needed help. She was kind, compassionate, and gentle. Dar-Ja'Taba always seems a little sad when he speaks of her.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic! Whilst I am not a Khajiit myself. I respect the equality needed. I'm particulary looking forward to hearing a rendition of "Oh little red ball of yarn".

I hope you don't mind Wen, but I've quoted your emote suggestions into my "monster list of emote requests thread". If your emotes do get implemented there should be a book in game or an emote like this:

/Khajiit Manifesto :#
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    angelyn wrote: »
    Fantastic! Whilst I am not a Khajiit myself. I respect the equality needed. I'm particulary looking forward to hearing a rendition of "Oh little red ball of yarn".

I hope you don't mind Wen, but I've quoted your emote suggestions into my "monster list of emote requests thread". If your emotes do get implemented there should be a book in game or an emote like this:

/Khajiit Manifesto :#

Link to that thread?

never mind! Found it: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/144699/share-your-emote-ideas-requests-for-zos-to-peruse#latest
    Edited by Gidorick on January 1, 2015 2:52PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • xaade
    xaade
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Skyrim have a Khajiit that talked about a ball of yarn, as almost a joke?
    Options
  • Flexar
    Flexar
    ✭✭✭
    371.png
    I don't think it could be any more obvious from the requests for "eat mousey", "little red ball of yarn" and suchlike that the OP knows virtually nothing about Khajiiti lore. The Khajiit aren't just oversized bipedal kittens, they're their own proud and sophisticated race with their own cultures and traditions. I highly doubt that the race that has produced the best thieves and tricksters in Tamriel is prone to playing with little red balls of yarn and eating raw mice on impulse.

As for Khajiiti literature, I wouldn't mind a few more transcriptions of proper Khajiiti myths, but I don't want to see them everywhere. The Khajiit typically pass down their tales orally via their Clan Mothers, as opposed to having any religious texts. What I think would work much better would be having Clan Mothers in Elsweyr (when we finally get the rest of it) who will tell you their stories orally.

On that note, I wouldn't mind Khajiiti bards who sing Khajiiti stories, nor would I mind singing Argonians. I don't care if they have awful singing voices; it's not as if that stopped ZOS from putting in that tone-deaf Nord man.

ZOS, you've already shafted those of us who care about Khajiiti lore, don't shaft us any further by implementing this slowpaws' suggestions.
    Options
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one would love to play with a ball of yarn and turn it into non armor clothing that can be sold for profit. This one even has design ideas. This one will be happy to be able to make clothing even if it is restricted to the costume slot.
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one likes the concept. This one also remembers the Khajiit that joked about playing with a ball of yarn, He may have laughed at their play on words on non-Khajiti perceptions.

That said, this one also worries that, with the new Justice System some of this ones passtimes may go away.

Specifically:
      1. Acquiring needed items in places their previous owners have lost them. 2. Production, possession and use of that finest delicacy, sweet sweet moon sugar.

This one also worries that the time honored, and imported to Kenarthi's, Bosmer tradition of "Right of Theft" will also be endangered.

Darlgon the Liar wished these could be added to the Manifesto.
    Edited by Darlgon on January 1, 2015 3:38PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My Khajiit Templar has never played with a ball of yarn, no ball of Yarn can play chess (or draughts either, if chess is too complicated).

My Khajiit Templar has never hunted Mice, Bog Rats yes, but never Mice. In fact Khajiit Templar has only eaten Rodents because he was in Dunmer lands, and considers eating the local delicacies part of his Cultural growth.

My Khajiit Templar has never considered taking filthy Skooma (all Skooma is filthy, soul destroying corruption of good moon sugar). He has enjoyed nice healthy Moon Sugar Cookies, which are wholesome and part of Khajiit culture, but never to excess.

My Khajiit Templar does not steal, nor does he consort with thieves, except when he is hunting down those who have taken what is not theirs.

My Khajiit Templar does not take bribes, do not offer them, as a broken arm often offends.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Khajiit Templar has never played with a ball of yarn, no ball of Yarn can play chess (or draughts either, if chess is too complicated).

My Khajiit Templar has never hunted Mice, Bog Rats yes, but never Mice. In fact Khajiit Templar has only eaten Rodents because he was in Dunmer lands, and considers eating the local delicacies part of his Cultural growth.

My Khajiit Templar has never considered taking filthy Skooma (all Skooma is filthy, soul destroying corruption of good moon sugar). He has enjoyed nice healthy Moon Sugar Cookies, which are wholesome and part of Khajiit culture, but never to excess.

My Khajiit Templar does not steal, nor does he consort with thieves, except when he is hunting down those who have taken what is not theirs.

My Khajiit Templar does not take bribes, do not offer them, as a broken arm often offends.

This one shakes his head at the Imperialism some of his fellow Khajiit have experienced, causing them to loose their culture, including how to phrase ones words.
    Edited by Darlgon on January 1, 2015 3:52PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »

This one shakes his head at the Imperialism some of his fellow Khajiit have experienced, causing them to loose their culture, including how to phrase ones words.

My Khajiit wasn't speaking, I was speaking for him, when he does speak, it's as a Khajiit "This one does not take bribes, do not offer them, as a broken arm often offends, no?"

As for the Imperialisation, "This One knows his culture, he just feels drawn to the service of Akatosh (Auriel) and as such holds himself to a higher standard. But this also uses trickery when it serves the greater good, Lord Akatosh smiles upon this one when evil doers are tricked into performing acts of great kindness".
    Edited by AlexDougherty on January 1, 2015 3:59PM
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Silly cats need to bow down to the Nord master race
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »

Khajiit don't bow to anyone not wearing trousers.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit Vampires should burst into a swarm of kittens . Khajiit werewolves should morph into Wookiees .

Khajiit is joking of course ...
    Options
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walking on warm sands

I'm walking on warm sands (whoa oh)
    I'm walking on warm sands(whoa oh)
    I'm walking on warm sands (whoa oh)
    And don't it feel good (HEY!) Alright now
    And don't it feel good (HEY!) Alright now
    All right now yeah! (HEY!)
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
    Options
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    (my money would be on gut you then play with the Yarn)

Gut you and use your intestines as yarn to play with?
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    (my money would be on gut you then play with the Yarn)

Gut you and use your intestines as yarn to play with?

Yeah, I just thought that was a slightly too dark a place to go this early in a thread.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing is, this one thinks, Khajiit have as varied personalities as any other race. They are not just all clones of each other - therefore why not give us options? The option to both play with a ball of yarn from time to time - every warrior needs to relax now and again - and the option to play with our enemies guts if the mood so takes us.

If life was all about the serious always then if would not be much of a life. Even in the darkest times it is the little silly things that get you through.

Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thing is, this one thinks, Khajiit have as varied personalities as any other race. They are not just all clones of each other - therefore why not give us options? The option to both play with a ball of yarn from time to time - every warrior needs to relax now and again - and the option to play with our enemies guts if the mood so takes us.

For the same reason no-one is asking for us to let Nords or Altmer play with a ball of yarn!!!

A Sentient Being will only get so much amusement out of a ball of yarn, then they reach the age of FIVE and go play with something else (or use the yarn as string and make Toy Bows, Tents (you tie large sticks together and throw a blanket over it), etc).
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think you're mistaking Nords for Imperials now :P
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For the same reason no-one is asking for us to let Nords or Altmer play with a ball of yarn!!!

A Sentient Being will only get so much amusement out of a ball of yarn, then they reach the age of FIVE and go play with something else (or use the yarn as string and make Toy Bows, Tents (you tie large sticks together and throw a blanket over it), etc).

Well said sir. +1
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could see some Nords very happily playing with a ball of yarn .... :-)

Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think you're mistaking Nords for Imperials now :P

I haven't earned Naked Imperial's Pants in any quests. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me and my people desire more appropriate light clothing attire for female khajiit with a blouse and pleated skirt in navy blue, white, grey, light green or black. Tied around the neck in the front there should be a ribbon, necktie, bolo tie, neckerchief, or bow. Knee high socks and penny loafers mandatory. For more reference:

tumblr_mrqgrcftZu1qze9qao1_r1_1280.jpg

Glasses and saying mew~ after each sentence is highly encouraged
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
    Options
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and my people's traditional heavy armor

spc.jpg
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit