The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Help ESO win Best Newcomer MMORPG of the Year – It's against TSW and losing 0.o

Acidon
Acidon
✭✭
Please take a moment and vote for ESO in the MMORPG.com Award SemiFinals.

It has bested every game it’s gone up against until now – TSW is pulling ahead.

TSW has rallied their small fanbase to win this, so we must do the same to show support for ESO and get it back in the limelight.

Here’s the link:
http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/9237/page/1

Thanks!
  • Dedhed
    Dedhed
    ✭✭✭
    *Pasted from other thread*

Just voted for ESO. Yes, it's a popularity contest, but that's exactly what many, many people pay attention to when choosing a game, especially one you have to pay for. The more active the community, the better.
    "This is like talking to breakfast cereal" -- Fredericks in Otherland talking about Wicked Tribe. Also a great description of zone chat.
  • Kurn
    Kurn
    I voted as well. Everyone please take a moment of your time to do the same!
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "If you are mad about the CP issue vote TSW" That is what I saw on facebook earlier.
  • Acidon
    Acidon
    ✭✭
    "If you are mad about the CP issue vote TSW" That is what I saw on facebook earlier.

How incredibly dense, whoever posted that. You're angry about a change in your game, so you help prevent your game from winning an award?

The Logic. It hurts my brain.
  • Acidon
    Acidon
    ✭✭
    Yeah my bad. I posted in it and /facepalmed myself. I didn't check current threads before posting mine.

MY BAD! :#
  • Dazin93
    Dazin93
    ✭✭✭✭
    And rightfully so.....
    Acidon wrote: »

How incredibly dense, whoever posted that. You're angry about a change in your game, so you help prevent your game from winning an award?

Agreed. It's like voting for a politician, who after changes their political platform, and then voting for somebody else when that same politician comes up for reelection. Crazy I know.
  • Acidon
    Acidon
    ✭✭
    Dazin93 wrote: »
    And rightfully so.....
    Acidon wrote: »

Agreed. It's like voting for a politician, who after changes their political platform, and then voting for somebody else when that same politician comes up for reelection. Crazy I know.

Yeah.. That infers that said person actually quit playing ESO and started playing TSW. That doesn't seem to be a likely scenario to me.

So my point still stands.
  • Kurn
    Kurn
    I have no idea where the main VOTE FOR ESO Thread went, so.

Drawing attention here. Please vote for ESO (It's in the Final 4 for 2014 Awards!)

Linky:

YES it's a cheesy award, even from MMORPG.com
    YES it's just a popularity contest

BUT - Winning this will create awesome exposure for ESO, not to mention put it in a better light than it has been from launch!

This *is* a big deal. "Srsbsns" and all that.

Please vote!
    VoteNOW_01.png

Edited by Kurn on December 23, 2014 11:30PM
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    49.9 to 50.1 - we're SO close!! Only takes a second to register, and it's a good website anyway.

Let's show our support!
    [Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
    THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
    Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
    Pst/email for info/invites.
  • Darkintellect
    Darkintellect
    ✭✭✭
    MMORPG was paid a heap of money to advertise TSW. This happened with GTA5 and Skyrim beat it and the website ended up in a lot of heat with Rockstar.

This is just a way to bolster interest in TSW which I have played and it feels like a 2006 MMO with no end game and slow content. Just wasn't for me.

But please people, get on and vote, hell, do what TSW peeps were told to do on the sites and make multiple accounts to vote. This blatant use of advertising should be killed by the peoples votes.

986754f121.jpg
    Edited by Darkintellect on December 23, 2014 11:35PM
  • Kurn
    Kurn
    49.9 to 50.1 - we're SO close!! Only takes a second to register, and it's a good website anyway.

Let's show our support!

I know! We're gaining!

If we come together as a proper community we'll win this by a land-side! Even if the other side is using less than appropriate tactics. We *can do this*. B)
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50% to 50% now...
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Voted :D
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great, I am tired of creating hundreds of new accounts!

:smile:

Just kidding. There can only be one of me. Well, except for that other one that uses my name whenever he can. He is an imposter, so don't believe what he says.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50.1(ESO) to 49.9(TSW)!
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Back to 50/50....

Need more votes people!!!
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭
    voted, that TSW game looks great! jk
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question. The header for this thread reads that ESO is up for Best Newcomer of 2014. If that's true, then why the hell is TSW, EVE, and LotRO up there as well?

Also doesn't matter I voted for ESO anyway XD
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you look on the MMORPG page Eve and LotRO are in the veteran section, ESO and TSW are in the Newb section :)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a question. The header for this thread reads that ESO is up for Best Newcomer of 2014. If that's true, then why the hell is TSW, EVE, and LotRO up there as well?

Also doesn't matter I voted for ESO anyway XD

This is the final in the "Newcome" category. There's also a final in the "Veteran" category.

Presumably, the two will go against each other for best overall (looks like LOTRO and hopefully ESO.)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • AoEnwyr
    AoEnwyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm I've played TSW and the concept is fantastic, the execution not so much. ESO is by far the better game.
  • Kurn
    Kurn
    ESO 51.2%
    TSW 48.8%

As of right this moment. Too close for comfort!

Thank you to everyone that has voted!

Please vote if you haven't yet:
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry. ESO is very popular in Europe and we can expect people there to read this when they check the forums in the morning.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Darkintellect
    Darkintellect
    ✭✭✭
    Im also waiting for the Facebook and Twitter accounts to broadcast this in hopes to garner a few hundred thousand votes. Although only a portion of them would willingly make an account to vote.
  • Nacario
    Nacario
    ✭✭✭
    Just gave a vote and now its 50/50
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will they return 6months sub if I vote?
    Will they stop punishing me for playing if I vote?

Cuz you know, if indeed some people look at things like that contest when buying games that means only the following thing for me.

If ESO wins, there will be more people who will have advantage over me because they are new. So they might have some pets (like the guys from Steam), they will simply be brought to my level and will be able to level faster than I when the Champion system's out (just like it happened with Undaunted skill line)... And who knows what will the following Updates bring(if there are any that is, cuz I don't think old players feel happy with Upd 5 and 6).

Frankly, I don't want them to devalue what I achieved.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Artemis wrote: »
    Will they return 6months sub if I vote?
    Will they stop punishing me for playing if I vote?

Cuz you know, if indeed some people look at things like that contest when buying games that means only the following thing for me.

If ESO wins, there will be more people who will have advantage over me because they are new. So they might have some pets (like the guys from Steam), they will simply be brought to my level and will be able to level faster than I when the Champion system's out (just like it happened with Undaunted skill line)... And who knows what will the following Updates bring(if there are any that is, cuz I don't think old players feel happy with Upd 5 and 6).

Frankly, I don't want them to devalue what I achieved.

Please, for the love of god, don't bring that conversation into this thread.

There are already roughly 5 billion of them on the forums.

Go whine there if you must.
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing will be gained whether TESO win or looses the vote contest. If it wins, nice. If it looses.. nice, because i will still play it. Nothing to gain here move along.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just voted for TSW. They don't lie to their players.