The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Closed] The Great MMO Face-Off of 2014 - SEMI-FINALS - ESO vs. The Secret World

Neizir
Neizir
✭✭✭✭✭
WE HAVE WON THIS ROUND! Come back on Tuesday the 30th to kick LOTRO's buttocks!

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/9237/page/1

With the end of the Quarterfinals, ESO has achieved victory over Planetside 2 and The Secret World has narrowly beaten GW2, and we now have been matched up with them for the semi-finals!

Just remember guys, this round is going to be REALLY tough, and definitely won't be as easy as the previous rounds. TSW's community is going nuts over the face-off, even their community managers are involved in it.

So, remember to make an account (It literally takes only 20 seconds), get in there, vote and teach TSW that they messed with the wrong gang!

Update: We are losing the battle! We need more voters!

Update 2: We are very close to overtaking TSW!

Summary of the Quarter-Finals:
  • ESO has beaten Planetside 2 with 67% of the votes. It is now through to the semi-finals, and will face The Secret World which has narrowly beaten Guild Wars 2 with 50.8% of the votes.
  • LOTRO has surprisingly beaten World of Warcraft 56.3% of the votes. It will face off against EVE Online which has achieved a narrow victory against DDO, with 52.9% of the votes.
Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
I have a fancy signature.
▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Voodoo
    Voodoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    wow really pleased TSW won over wowclone 2! Really good game but NO end game and really ...really slow new content added. (ESO players consider yourselves lucky with the amount of new content and other stuff we get from zos. I dont know of one MMO which delivers content like this game does.)

Anyways guess I'll go vote for eso even though tsw is a really good game.

Not surprise wow lost ...not at all haha
    Edited by Voodoo on December 21, 2014 2:06AM
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love this game but I don't see us winning against EVE, if we get that far. Those are some hardcore dedicated players who really love that game. But for as much crap as ESO got even 2nd place isn't that bad.
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like ESO and I want to see how this game wins, but TBH I don't think it's possible now. I will be really surprised if we win final. ESO already did a great job and get to semi-final.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voting is going to open very soon! Prepare yourselves! In the meantime, make an account so you can vote in the first place :) It only takes 20 seconds!
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GOGOGO! Voting is now OPEN!
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Current scores:

ESO 41%
    TSW 59%
    Edited by Neizir on December 23, 2014 4:14PM
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • aisriyth_ESO
    aisriyth_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I am surprised ESO is losing to TSW... in fact I am surprised TSW got as far as it did. I would say I am surprised WoW lost out, but MMORPG.com is notorious for its fan base being ardent haters of WoW no matter what good it has done.
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just found out that if we do indeed lose to TSW we will go against EVE for second place if it loses to LOTRO.
    But we won't take second place! We're ESO, and ESO only deserves first place! Yeah yeah, TSW has no levels. But does it have PvP on an epic scale?
    Edited by Neizir on December 23, 2014 2:44PM
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am surprised ESO is losing to TSW... in fact I am surprised TSW got as far as it did. I would say I am surprised WoW lost out, but MMORPG.com is notorious for its fan base being ardent haters of WoW no matter what good it has done.
    Lots of people love TSW because its different setting and plenty of cool concepts. Few play it because an lack of endgame and Funcom broke its neck creating another MMO after AoC.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • aisriyth_ESO
    aisriyth_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Lots of people love TSW because its different setting and plenty of cool concepts. Few play it because an lack of endgame and Funcom broke its neck creating another MMO after AoC.

Oh, I know. I wanted to like TSW so bad, the setting is definitly awesome. But I feel like the poll at this point is people voting on setting and not actually playing. *shrugs* To each his own I suppose, but I highly doubt TSW is sporting a larger pop then ESO.
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is like a strategic military war :P I'm reading TSW's forums (They seem to be nosing around ours as well. Yes, I'm looking at you, cadouin!) and they seem all happy and hopeful that they've got more votes in the first half an hour of this grand competition!

Let's see how hopeful they are when they run out of players to vote with!
    Edited by Neizir on December 23, 2014 2:58PM
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I actually never played TSW, but those survival horror games have a huge fanbase, don't underestimate it. Just like with EVE, its old but with a huge fanbase.

LOTRO is a surprise for me too, been ages that I played that and I see it in a similar bad "cash shop" situation as SWTOR.

In the end its as always a popularity contest, WOW has so many haters these days, that people automatically vote for the other game, even though WOD isn't that bad, but still too much focus on raiding if you ask me.
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised that LOTRO is in the final. I never managed to play that game, even if I enjoy the universe. The combat was so awfully boring!

• aisriyth_ESO
    aisriyth_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »

I actually never played TSW, but those survival horror games have a huge fanbase, don't underestimate it. Just like with EVE, its old but with a huge fanbase.

LOTRO is a surprise for me too, been ages that I played that and I see it in a similar bad "cash shop" situation as SWTOR.

In the end its as always a popularity contest, WOW has so many haters these days, that people automatically vote for the other game, even though WOD isn't that bad, but still too much focus on raiding if you ask me.
    TSW isn't really survival horror though. It's odd, it definitely has a niche, the problem is I cannot fathom that niche is all that large. But hey, I could be WAY off base. At this rate the current 4 remaining all deserve some sense of praise, after the first few rounds i think a lot of the hate voting is out of the way, now its just genuine voting.
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As it turns out, TSW's own devs are voting for and actively promoting their game, which seems to be against the rules!
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • gcalex5
    gcalex5
    ✭✭✭
    ESO has my vote but I don't think it is going to well we are way behind.
  • aisriyth_ESO
    aisriyth_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It is still early, plus we are gaining some momentum.
  • gcalex5
    gcalex5
    ✭✭✭
    It is still early, plus we are gaining some momentum.

I hope you're right, snag some new players for 'ESO 2.0' would be awesome!
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We seem to be gaining a tiny bit of momentum, and we're close to 40%. Keep on voting, fellow players! We'll sink this ship like we sunk the last three!
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neizir wrote: »
    This is like a strategic military war :P I'm reading TSW's forums (They seem to be nosing around ours as well. Yes, I'm looking at you, cadouin!) and they seem all happy and hopeful that they've got more votes in the first half an hour of this grand competition!

Let's see how hopeful they are when they run out of players to vote with!
    From the comments its also plenty of ESO hate who motivates people to vote for TSW, also people like an underdog.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elloa wrote: »
    I'm surprised that LOTRO is in the final. I never managed to play that game, even if I enjoy the universe. The combat was so awfully boring!

I played LOTRO for about 10 minutes before uninstalling.
    Graphics were nice but everything else was just incredibly boring.
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Lots of people love TSW because its different setting and plenty of cool concepts. Few play it because an lack of endgame

So, another ESO? :smile:

Edited by Elsonso on December 23, 2014 3:50PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They wouldn't let me play LOTRO. Like seriously I had so many problems just trying to set up an account I gave up on it.

I tried TSW and it wasn't for me. But people who do play it seem to enjoy it.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did my part voted for ESO!
    (Now make me proud ZOS and do the right things.)
  • gcalex5
    gcalex5
    ✭✭✭

They wouldn't let me play LOTRO. Like seriously I had so many problems just trying to set up an account I gave up on it.

I tried TSW and it wasn't for me. But people who do play it seem to enjoy it.

I barely made it through the intro eons ago and it just didn't feel right to me.

Edit: we just broke 40%, we are gaining some momentum. :smile:
    Edited by gcalex5 on December 23, 2014 4:02PM
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eve Online or GTFO.... Oops, I meant ESO :D
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This poll has to be garbage with games like LOTRO and TSW actually beating anyone. Both those games combined have like what? 100 people playing them?
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kieso wrote: »
    This poll has to be garbage with games like LOTRO and TSW actually beating anyone. Both those games combined have like what? 100 people playing them?

Yeah? It should be pretty easy for ESO to beat TSW then since we have more than 100... still.... it's 60/40 for TSW over ESO at the moment
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TSW only has the advantage now because a big wave of them are voting at the start. Once more players start to see this thread and know about the face-off ESO is going up the ladder.
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • gcalex5
    gcalex5
    ✭✭✭

Probably a very passionate smaller group. Who are more likely to get out there and vote on sites to get more publicity for there game.