The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Well i converted to the Dark Side

RinaldoGandolphi
RinaldoGandolphi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Today, I finally broke down and got a vamp bite. I had been avoiding it all this time, but after leveling it to 7 so far, I can see why so many Sorcs in pvp are vamps.

Since the Bolt Escape Nerf bat, I have been missing that niche skill that will allow me to reposition without crippling my mana regen, Elusive Mist fills this role by reducing all damage by 75%, making me immune to all CC, and a nice movement speed boost. This is what I was missing when i just needed to get back behind friendlies a little ways and not a full blown retreat. It also useful in some retreat scenarios where you can pop one BE then pop this, its cheaper, don't cripple me, overall i like it.

Bat Swarm seems pretty decent as well.

Even with fire resist jewelry ill have to be mindful of fire pots, fire ballistas, etc...but I can see some of these skills really saving my bacon. I know evil hunter and silver bolts will be a bane, but I think its a fair trade off.

It seems vamps sybergize with sorcs pretty well. The added mama and stamina regen is always a bonus and power stone makes bat swarm cheaper.

Any other words out there running vamps? Any tips I should know before I begin morphing skills?

Thanks guys and gals :)
Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
Officer Fire and Ice
Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welcome to the Dark Side. We have cookies :)

I'll let you in on a little bit of information. I'm a DK vamp and I use this setup for PvE, but this can apply to any class and also to PvP. Usually Devouring Swarm costs 200 ultimate. You can get that cost down to 68, and here's how.

Stage 4 Vampirism reduces the cost by 21%. The Akaviri Dragonguard set reduces it by another 15%. The Blessings of the Potentates set reduces it by another 10%. Your Power Stone passive reduces it by another 15%. That's a 61% ultimate cost reduction, which puts Devouring Swarm at 78 ultimate. If you are a current or former Emperor, that gives you another 5% reduction, bringing the cost of Devouring Swarm down to 68 ultimate.

I use this in PvE and you can easily earn your next Devouring Swarm before the first one is even through.

Here's how to set it up, for any class:

Akaviri Dragonguard 5-piece (heavy, has impen trait)
    Undaunted Head/Shoulders (Engine Guardian or whichever set you want)
    Blessing Of The Potentates 3-piece (necklace and sword/shield or sword/sword)
    2 Rings of your choice with fire resist or whatever else you want
    Edited by dharbert on December 8, 2014 6:24AM
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    too bad you didn't do it soon enough to partake in the vamp sorc ninja oils, those were fun
    Edited by Draxys on December 8, 2014 6:25AM

rip decibel
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dharbert wrote: »

I'll let you in on a little bit of information. I'm a DK vamp and I use this setup for PvE, but this can apply to any class and also to PvP. Usually Devouring Swarm costs 200 ultimate. You can get that cost down to 68, and here's how.

Stage 4 Vampirism reduces the cost by 21%. The Akaviri Dragonguard set reduces it by another 15%. The Blessings of the Potentates set reduces it by another 10%. Your Power Stone passive reduces it by another 15%. That's a 61% ultimate cost reduction, which puts Devouring Swarm at 78 ultimate. If you are a current or former Emperor, that gives you another 5% reduction, bringing the cost of Devouring Swarm down to 68 ultimate.

I use this in PvE and you can easily earn your next Devouring Swarm before the first one is even through.

68 ult cost is great but totally unnecessary, only ult reduction set I'd run on sorc would be potentates and even then I prob wouldn't bother

rip decibel
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »

68 ult cost is great but totally unnecessary, only ult reduction set I'd run on sorc would be potentates and even then I prob wouldn't bother

Yeah, it's not for everyone, but like I said, I'm a DK and it works good for me. It benefits me greatly to earn my ultimate every 5 seconds because DK's get their health, etc... regenerated every time we hit that ultimate button :)

I bet those WW players wouldn't mind having a huge reduction in ultimate cost either.
  • Breg_Magol
    Breg_Magol
    ✭✭✭✭
    How'd you get your bite?
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Having two characters that are vamps, I feel I can say this (at least in my case). After a while, being a Vampire is a crutch. You'll wonder how you ever played without it and don't really want to go back. In PvE, unless you are trying to solo some insane HP Craglorn world boss, you are pretty much not going to die......ever.

Before I was a vamp, there's no way I'd attempt public dungeons and Craglorn delves solo. Now I can wade into pretty much anything without a care. If I start to get low on health, drain an enemy (which also builds ultimate). 5 seconds later....Devouring Swarm. Rinse, repeat. Being a DK helps, and probably has as much to do with it as being a vamp.
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my DK caved to the pressure of the dark side too a month ago or so, she was so against the undead, now she is one herself, but well, all the bananas and smurfs I devoured with my swarm makes up for it
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I never wanted to be vampire and killed them all in previous TES games. Of course when nights silence stacked with Vampire speed in PvP i joined the Dark side just te keep up with the vamps to kill them.

And now i cannot go back anymore. It doesn't stack anymore, but i do not want to give up my hundings set for nights silence just for sneak speed.

I only use vampire passives though and not any skill. But since i go bad guy anyway with justice system i will certainly keep vampire. Hopefully they will add a PvP server one day so i can suck on friendly players (and hopefully infect them unwillingly)
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Breg_Magol http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/become-vampire-eso/

Hanging around the Vampire altar may eventually reward in a free bite ;)
    "I'd rather be insane in a sane world, than sane in an insane world!" ~Me
    Warning - This is a spoiler and looking at it for too long may cause irrecoverable eyesight issues.
    ◔̯◔

MechWarrior: Living Legends – Total conversion modification for Crysis Wars.

kitlightning.deviantart
  • seanvwolf
    seanvwolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Before I was a vamp, there's no way I'd attempt public dungeons and Craglorn delves solo.
    My dw sorc does this. Honestly one of the few things the dw sorc does well... and not as a vamp.
  • ItsMeToo
    ItsMeToo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Dark Side.
    FYI - There is no such thing as 'night capping' in a world wide MMO.
    FYI - There was no paid Beta. When they launched the game the Beta was over, even if you don't think it was.
    FYI - It's B2P not F2P. There is a difference.
    FYI - It doesn't take any player skill to mash keys or buttons in this game. The ones that stay alive longer have the better internet connection and speed.
    FYI - The game is not broken, it still works. It just has 'bugs' that need to be fixed.
    Balance is a "Bad" thing.

Example: There were hundreds of Jedi and only two Sith in Star Wars. The Jedi wanted, "Balance in the Force" and they got it. Now there are only two Jedi and two Sith.

Balance is a "Bad" thing.
    Is the glass half full or half empty?
    I say, "Get a smaller glass."
  • Niebla
    Niebla

How do you mix up Akaviri and Potentates? From what I know, they share slots. Or at least I cant find Akaviri pieces apart from Gloves, Head and Chest (and of course pendant, shield and sword, but these are the potentates slots)
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having two characters that are vamps, I feel I can say this (at least in my case). After a while, being a Vampire is a crutch. You'll wonder how you ever played without it and don't really want to go back. In PvE, unless you are trying to solo some insane HP Craglorn world boss, you are pretty much not going to die......ever.

Before I was a vamp, there's no way I'd attempt public dungeons and Craglorn delves solo. Now I can wade into pretty much anything without a care. If I start to get low on health, drain an enemy (which also builds ultimate). 5 seconds later....Devouring Swarm. Rinse, repeat. Being a DK helps, and probably has as much to do with it as being a vamp.

Are you telling me ill eventually become strong enough as a vamp to solo crag delves and pub dungeons?

Wow I just morphed invigorating drain, ulty return seemed no brainer, but if bat swarm becomes that much more powerful after morph, sheesh its powerful now...just wow...I don't know what else to say, that's insane.

Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »

Are you telling me ill eventually become strong enough as a vamp to solo crag delves and pub dungeons?

Wow I just morphed invigorating drain, ulty return seemed no brainer, but if bat swarm becomes that much more powerful after morph, sheesh its powerful now...just wow...I don't know what else to say, that's insane.

You don't need vamp to solo Craglorn delves and public dungeons. I've done it as a non-vamp sorc. The batswarm healing ultimate really, really helps, but crit surge will get you through everything just as well.
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Niebla wrote: »
    How do you mix up Akaviri and Potentates? From what I know, they share slots. Or at least I cant find Akaviri pieces apart from Gloves, Head and Chest (and of course pendant, shield and sword, but these are the potentates slots)

The Akaviri Dragonguard set has 10 pieces. Helm, Cuirass, Pauldrons, Gauntlets, Girdle, Greaves, Sabatons, Necklace, Sword, Shield.

The Blessing Of The Potentates set has 3 pieces. Necklace, Sword, Shield.

Here's how to combine Akaviri Dragonguard and Blessing Of The Potentates.

Head - Crest Of The Dragon
    Chest - Scales Of The Dragon
    Shoulder - Your Choice
    Hand - Gauntlets Of The Dragon
    Waist - Girdle Of The Dragon
    Legs - Greaves Of The Dragon
    Boots - Your Choice

Necklace - Dominion's Choker
    Ring 1 - Your Choice
    Ring 2 - Your Choice

Weapon 1 - Dominion's Sword
    Weapon 2 - Dominion's Shield

Weapon 1 - Dominion's Sword
    Weapon 2 - Dominion's Sword

This is just an example, you can mix and match the slots. As you can see, you can easily combine the Akaviri Dragonguard and Blessing Of The Potentates sets, and still have 4 slots left over for another set. You can just almost squeeze another 5-piece set bonus in there.
    Edited by dharbert on December 8, 2014 9:05PM
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »

You'll be surprised at just how many mobs/players you can take on at once. I really haven't found the increased damage from fire to be a problem, even at stage 4 vampirism, because I am constantly being healed by various effects. Even so, just as a precaution, I do wear a 1550 flame resist enchant on my necklace.

You will also want something with health recovery on it. Vampires have abysmal health recovery, especially at stage 4.
  • Darkrogue671
    Darkrogue671
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes! Everybody LOVES the vamp toons when the sun isn't frying you like a nice, salty slice of Canadian bacon!
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here is my normal PvE setup for my DK vamp. It might work decent for PvP because of all the impenetrable traits on it, but I don't know, I don't PvP that much. Note the irony of a Vamp wearing 2 Werewolf Hide rings.....

5-piece Akaviri Dragonguard
    [Impenetrable|Health|Magicka Recovery|Healing|Ultimate Reduction]

2-piece Blood Spawn
    [Stamina Recovery|Health]

3-piece Blessing Of The Potentates
    [Fire Resist|Crusher Enchant|Stamina Recovery|Health|Ultimate Reduction]

2-piece Hide Of The Werewolf
    [Health Recovery|Armor]

So basically, tons of health, tons of armor, plenty of spell resist and health recovery, 25% ultimate cost reduction (46% for Devouring Swarm), and some fire resist to boot. I don't have any magicka or stamina glyphs because I don't need them.

Using DK skills such as Cinder Storm and Flames Of Oblivion, all you have to do is stand there and hold block while those two skills build your ultimate. 5 seconds later...Devouring Swarm, wait 5 seconds.....Devouring Swarm, 5 seconds later..... You get the picture.

Alternatively, if you wanted to be a bit more tanky, you can remove the Blood Spawn and Hide Of The Werewolf and replace it with a 4-piece Footman's Fortune, which would be complete overkill as far as armor and spell resist goes.
    Edited by dharbert on December 8, 2014 10:59PM
  • patrick_g_asselinb16_ESO
    keep in mind the elusive mist CC "immunity" is practically useless. I pop both "retreating maneuver" and spam "elusive mist" when i escape and still get stopped cold whenever someone charges me, or uses talons, or any other CC in the game. it's a speed boost and damage reduction only, it seems.
  • Leeric
    Leeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was a sorcerer vamp for awhile but honestly the fire damage isn't worth it. You come across a DK in PVP you might as well bolt escape away. Bosses that do fire damage in PVE puts way to much stress on the healers if you catch some fireball to the face.

Since I've cured myself my character feels much more powerful, in my opinion. Bat swarm is pretty nice though with the ultimate reduction from the sorcerer passives.
  • Roon72
    Roon72
    ✭✭
    I have been trying to find Bloodfiend/Werewolf spawn locations but with no luck of finding them in Bangkorai. Either they're just not spawning or trolls are killing them so they can sell bites. I have to cry foul on that practice as Bethesda made this a free perk for everyone. I'm in the 40 range level and plenty earned the right to legitimately encounter the beasties without unfair interruption.
    - Neko means cat.

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I got to try my vamp in pvp tonight since I got vamp level 10, a few observations from a new vamp:

1. The sneak speed is niiiiice..i escaped so many times I normally would have been killed, it allows you to move position quickly and quitely.

2. Elusive Mist is money. I laughed at a few dudes trying to snipe me and it pretty much didn't make a dent on my hp bar, it allowed me to reposition, come from another angle and kill archer. First night I never had a death with lethal arrow in...i can't remember when.

3 devouring swarm is dirt cheap and a nice panic button. Now I know why its truly and rightly feared, as if you don't get out quick it can eat people.

4 I noticed the death passive makes you slightly harder to kill once you get Below 50% health, I noticed a difference, its small, but every hp matters.

Overall I'm pleased, yes it has drawbacks, and counters but its a fun playstyle in its own right.
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

• BloodStorm
    BloodStorm
    ✭✭✭
    Roon72 wrote: »
    I have been trying to find Bloodfiend/Werewolf spawn locations but with no luck of finding them in Bangkorai. Either they're just not spawning or trolls are killing them so they can sell bites. I have to cry foul on that practice as Bethesda made this a free perk for everyone. I'm in the 40 range level and plenty earned the right to legitimately encounter the beasties without unfair interruption.
    They spawn in the last zones of all factions only and at night usually. You can prob buy one though from another player or something. Lots of players give them out for free when bored or something though.
    Edited by BloodStorm on December 9, 2014 5:33PM