Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 3, 2:00AM EDT (6:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Yes, we need more sitting emotes.

MornaBaine
MornaBaine
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Standard Disclaimer: Yes, there are things more important than this. Moving on...

Since sitting on chairs outside of the one /sitchair emote is not possible, and most of the current sit emotes are kinda...meh...(tho /sit3 is awesome) it would be nice if we could get some new ones. Here's some visual suggestions. I hope you will all add more! Also, there REALLY needs to be more than one /sitchair emote so I'm going to add some of those as well.
200372507-003-young-woman-sitting-cross-legged-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=599iEfm%2BPYO5xdzLCZony8%2BFVu55dUbiPXSS15iKCmLmn1Lw4JPaCn7RXuPZ5Qw3

padmasana.jpg

A personal favorite... ;)
145642791-a-shirtless-man-sitting-on-the-ground-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=hrgITjfkgd988%2Bqc7%2Bs8xsWYCk35vwfn2JkpbzOJbCQ%3D

n3FXL.jpg

port_relax_unit.jpg

nwg5b0D.jpg

varicose_veins_01_img0041.jpg

1314969954-223341965.jpg

1314969968-3497331518.jpg

corleone.jpg

I also really miss the old Age of Conan /lounge emote. We definitely need that one! Now if I could just find a pic of it! But anyway, you get the idea. Please post the sitting emotes YOU would like to see. And while we're at it...maybe some more /idle standing emotes as well?

Edited by MornaBaine on December 2, 2014 3:05PM
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sitting-on-toilet.jpg

I call it /OPwritingdownthisthread.
    Wololo.
    Options
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Options
  • eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    sitting-on-toilet.jpg

xD thanks

Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
    Options
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gyudan‌ post of the day, +5 bacon and a :cookie:
    Options
  • diabeticDemon18
    diabeticDemon18
    ✭✭✭
    sitting-on-toilet.jpg

Don't be mean to Morna... I agree with her. At least if they don't add more emotes they need to make all the chairs and benches sit-able. It wouldn't be that hard, just a simple change to the base class that all chairs inherit from.
    Options
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't /emote a lot but I really like the fact that suggestions like these pop up.
    Options
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree, this is a game-breaking issue! The RP'ers of ESO need this. All 17 of them.......

/sarcasm
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sitting-on-toilet.jpg

Don't be mean to Morna... I agree with her. At least if they don't add more emotes they need to make all the chairs and benches sit-able. It wouldn't be that hard, just a simple change to the base class that all chairs inherit from.

Totally used to people being absolute jerks to me at this point.

Options
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    sitting-on-toilet.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't resist posting that comment. :#

I'll use this next submission on myself:
    Electric_Chair_by_Its_Me23.jpg
    Edited by Gyudan on December 2, 2014 4:45PM
    Wololo.
    Options
  • diabeticDemon18
    diabeticDemon18
    ✭✭✭
    dharbert wrote: »
    I agree, this is a game-breaking issue! The RP'ers of ESO need this. All 17 of them.......

/sarcasm

... no one said that it was a game-breaking issue. We would just like a more immersive and RP-friendly environment. You don't have to use these emotes so why do you care if they are put in?? I don't understand people who act as if adding something for RP-ers will ruin their game because if you don't have to use it, it's not a problem to you so stop being rude about it.
    Options
  • diabeticDemon18
    diabeticDemon18
    ✭✭✭
    sitting-on-toilet.jpg

Well, it's not your fault. Some people just want to watch the world burn...

attachment.php?attachmentid=155034&d=1385910373
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sitting-on-toilet.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't resist posting that comment. :#

I'll use this next submission myself:
    Electric_Chair_by_Its_Me23.jpg

For a moment there I thought you said you'd use it ON yourself and I knew a moment of joy... ;)

Options
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For a moment there I thought you said you'd use it ON yourself and I knew a moment of joy... ;)

I thought both would have the same meaning, sorry.
    Previous post fixed.
    Wololo.
    Options
  • bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to be able to sit on the all the furniture that's already in game, like the previous TES titles did.
    Options
  • Rezzy64
    Rezzy64
    ✭✭✭
    I figured this would be the most appropriate topic to post this minor concern about Emotes.
    From what I've noticed, whenever you use a menu screen, it interrupts any emote you might be doing at the time. Am I the only one that is bothered by this?

I like the idea of being able to have my character use a sitting emote while simultaneously navigating my character or inventory menu. Sometimes I just want to be presented as sitting but also wanting to navigate my menus to arrange various things.
    What if I just want my character to sit down and then open up my Lorebook menu so I can read while doing so? I'm not a huge Role Player, but it gives me a sense of Immersion that I enjoy.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rezzy64 wrote: »
    I like the idea of being able to have my character use a sitting emote while simultaneously navigating my character or inventory menu. Sometimes I just want to be presented as sitting but also wanting to navigate my menus to arrange various things.

You can chat while using an Emote, but that is about it. I do agree that we should be able to access our menus during an emote. It is probably because our characters drop an emote (digging in a bag or looking at a scroll etc) while we are looking at our Inventory or Journal or whatever, so they have to cancel the first one.

So, the first thing would be to either drop the menu related emote if we are already in an emote, or drop the menu emote all together. Not sure which of those two choices would be easier to successfully implement. I like the menu emotes when grouping as I know if my groupmates are preparing for the next mob or just standing there waiting for me.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Rezzy64
    Rezzy64
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

You can chat while using an Emote, but that is about it. I do agree that we should be able to access our menus during an emote. It is probably because our characters drop an emote (digging in a bag or looking at a scroll etc) while we are looking at our Inventory or Journal or whatever, so they have to cancel the first one.

So, the first thing would be to either drop the menu related emote if we are already in an emote, or drop the menu emote all together. Not sure which of those two choices would be easier to successfully implement. I like the menu emotes when grouping as I know if my groupmates are preparing for the next mob or just standing there waiting for me.

Why not just include a menu emote that presents the character as sitting while viewing a scroll or rummaging through the bag when the menus are opened?
    Your character could sit down and then whip out his bag when showing access to the inventory. I really want to believe that this is not all that complicated to design or set up, but then again I would assume the same for any of the other emotes that players on here are requesting design for.
    Edited by Rezzy64 on December 2, 2014 10:03PM
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More /idle emotes would be great as well. Anyone else care to post pics of the sorts of emotes they would like to see?

Options
  • diabeticDemon18
    diabeticDemon18
    ✭✭✭
    /chestbump

article-1022718-01693FA600000578-136_468x313.jpg

/brohug

awkward-bro-hug-2.jpg
    Options
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    The_Thinker,_Auguste_Rodin.jpg
    Edited by Sleep on December 5, 2014 11:05PM
    Options
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the game first needs a better optimization, afterwards some decent pvp content and then a solo zone.

After this was done we can talk about RP stuff, but I see Emotes very far behind while housing right on top of the list.

No offence Morna
    Options
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info663-NoSpin.html
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »
    I think the game first needs a better optimization, afterwards some decent pvp content and then a solo zone.

After this was done we can talk about RP stuff, but I see Emotes very far behind while housing right on top of the list.

No offence Morna

Oh none taken. I like to speculate on future stuff and I'm not too worried on when MOST of it will be implemented. I just don't think it's ever too early to talk about the things we'd like to see. And in this case, emotes area really small things so it'd be easy for them to add one or two here and there with otjher things.

Options
  • jeanette
    jeanette
    ✭✭✭
    I figured this would be the most appropriate topic to post this minor concern about Emotes.
    From what I've noticed, whenever you use a menu screen, it interrupts any emote you might be doing at the time. Am I the only one that is bothered by this?

What if I just want my character to sit down and then open up my Lorebook menu so I can read while doing so? I'm not a huge Role Player, but it gives me a sense of Immersion that I enjoy.

I do agree that it should be something that you can toggle on/off in game. While you wait for that to be fixed, there is an addon for it to use in the meantime called "No Spin" on esoui. There may be more but this is the one I use.

Options
  • Lovelyn
    Lovelyn
    ✭✭
    I have some screenshots of some of the old AOC emotes, including the lounge, but I'm not sure it would be appropriate for this forum, due to the nudity.
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    iD1ucND.png
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would dig a meditation emote.

Would allow me to sit and meditate beside the meditating skeleton in my favourite spot.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
    Options
  • Breg_Magol
    Breg_Magol
    ✭✭✭✭
    sitting-on-toilet.jpg

Or .. a sh1tt1ng emote?
    Options
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    145642791-a-shirtless-man-sitting-on-the-ground-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=hrgITjfkgd988%2Bqc7%2Bs8xsWYCk35vwfn2JkpbzOJbCQ%3D

corleone.jpg
    I'll take those two! I mean ..er..those two emotes ;)

Options