The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Known Issues for Update 5

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Known Issues for Update 5
Below is a list of known issues we've identified since rolling out Update 5, and will add additional issues as we verify them as legitimate. You will see a status below each issue, and we’ll update this thread as we have more info on each.

Art
  • Some facial animations for NPCs are not functioning properly.
    • STATUS: We have a short list of NPC faces that need to be remedied, and we'll address these in a future patch.
  • The ability Repentance is causing you to have black blotches on your face and body.
  • The emote /leanbackcoin is not animating.

Audio
  • There are a number of sounds that are not working properly, including the impact sounds for Flurry and looting containers.
    • STATUS: Many issues fixed in patch 1.5.6, remaining issues such as Flurry are still being worked on

Crafting
  • Dwemer containers within ruins are usually empty.
  • Alchemy writs are not updating your quest log when you gather the appropriate reagents.
  • There is a 2-3 second delay when starting to craft certain items.

Gameplay
  • Swapping weapons while in stealth will temporarily break you out of stealth for a moment.
  • You can block or dodge roll the healing over time provided from the ability Momentum and its morphs.
  • You will sometimes fail to transform into a werewolf, but your Ultimate will still be used and movement speed decreased.
    • STATUS: This is likely caused by hitting the "Cast Ultimate" key rapidly. We are investigating a fix in the meantime.
  • Healing Ward appears to be firing its heal when the ability is recast onto you.
  • Undaunted pledges completed at silver or gold level are currently rewarding less Undaunted reputation than intended.

Miscellaneous
  • You cannot currently access Dragonstar Arena, Sanctum Ophidia, and new areas in Craglorn introduced in Update 4.
  • There's currently an issue where you are not gaining as much XP as intended while progressing through Veteran Ranks.

UI
  • You cannot use E or X to navigate conversations.
  • Searching through one guild store will display the same items from other guild store merchants.
  • It is taking much longer than intended to form a group using the LFG tool.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Volatile Familiar explosion is not receiving any boost from your own critical %.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • stewie_801
    stewie_801
    ✭✭✭
    [*] You cannot currently access Dragonstar Arena, Sanctum Ophidia, and new areas in Craglorn introduced in Update 4.
    [/list]

Gina assuming you meant 11/3?
    PC/NA Ebonheart Pact
    Invictus , Teut Spindle Your Brindle Officer
    Stewie the Destroyer Imperial Templar Former Emperor of Haderus
    Stewie's Big Ole Johnson Khajiit Nightblade
    Ser Arthur Dayne Dark Elf Dragonknight Former Emperor of Chillrend and Haderus
    Stewie's Bank Slot High Elf Sorcerer

• Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Restoration staff ability "Regeneration" and its morphs are not healing pet.
    Other staff heals work, only the Regeneration ability stopped working on pets.

Guessing this has something to do with the change that it also no longer randomly heals full health NPCs.
    Edited by Nightreaver on November 3, 2014 7:14PM
    If they ever create a Legendary recipe it better contain bacon as one of the ingredients. I'm just sayin'.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    stewie_801 wrote: »
    [*] You cannot currently access Dragonstar Arena, Sanctum Ophidia, and new areas in Craglorn introduced in Update 4.
    [/list]

Gina assuming you meant 11/3?

Wow. Yes, definitely meant November, not next September ;)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glyphs of Potion Speed are not affecting potions in certain level ranges. For example, the Glyph will work for a VR1 potion, but not a VR5 potion.

Continue problem from before update 4 that still has not been fixed.

Also the voices have a pause between saying stuff.

Edited by Darkonflare15 on November 3, 2014 7:19PM
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two out of three character login requests result in the Loading Screen of Death. The frequency rises to 100% when I've logged out of one alt and attempted to log in to another.

Can't very well report it in-game, since I'm... in a loading screen ;-)
    Edited by Srugzal on November 3, 2014 7:35PM
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WW devour ability can still be interrupted by charged attacks from enemies. Like the wasp charge or a shield bash from a humanoid enemy.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Srugzal wrote: »
    Two out of three character login requests result in the Loading Screen of Death. The frequency rises to 100% when I've logged out of one alt and attempted to log in to another.

^ this happen to me twice.
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same as Srugzal, able to login to character screen fine, but in launching the character, I'm getting infinite loading screens. (about every other login attempt.)

What's unique to these cases is that you do not get the name of the location your character was last at like you do with a successful loading. It's just blank at the bottom... including no tips.

I will submit the bug from a character assuming I eventually get one to eventually load.
  • Elsir
    Elsir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Returning bug: Cannot use E & X to choose first response/exit dialogue respectively.

New bug: Crafting: A 2-3 second delay when hitting "Craft" before the item is even 'starting' to be crafted.
    Edited by Elsir on November 3, 2014 7:46PM
    Anna (AKA: Elsir)
    Templar
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Same as Srugzal, able to login to character screen fine, but in launching the character, I'm getting infinite loading screens. (about every other login attempt.)

What's unique to these cases is that you do not get the name of the location your character was last at like you do with a successful loading. It's just blank at the bottom... including no tips.

I will submit the bug from a character assuming I eventually get one to eventually load.
    Thanks for the info on this; we're taking a look now. In the meantime, are you getting any error messages at all, or just loading infinitely? How long are you waiting until you just close it out?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Transforming back into person from werewolf prevents me from opening doors to delves.

• Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the info on this; we're taking a look now. In the meantime, are you getting any error messages at all, or just loading infinitely? How long are you waiting until you just close it out?

I have waited for 40 mins. Stilled did not load.
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm DC faction trying to farm a motif but EVERYTHING is empty tried relogging tried different dewmer dungeons all to no avail please fix thisssssssss
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Attempting to use a wayshrine is failing the first try when using to go to another zone, if is same zone shrine it works. Will work on the second try but have to do it twice, this has happened everytime I have tried, when i noticed it i tested it several times to make sure.

'Your attempted transfer failed.' message comes up
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • HippieTheGreat
    HippieTheGreat
    ✭✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »
    Attempting to use a wayshrine is failing the first try when using to go to another zone, if is same zone shrine it works. Will work on the second try but have to do it twice, this has happened everytime I have tried, when i noticed it i tested it several times to make sure.

Same thing. It doesn't happen on all wayshrines, but it does seem to be the majority of them.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Two Hand passive Battle Rush does not increase stamina regen when I killed enemies. It does not show it in the stat menu and it does not show the increase on the stamina bar.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got a random UI error at the Blacksmithing station, I do not know what was wrong but all I did was activated the black smiting station and it told me I did not have enough inventory slots then it showed the error.
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TOP OF MY LIST Honey brittle is still a steak!
  • AaronMB
    AaronMB
    ✭✭✭
    Srugzal wrote: »

This. ^
    And when I 'could' log in after 5+minutes of load times (before the now, ever-present infinite load screen):
    -way shrines weren't working consistently (screen load, then back to my original location). I did NOT receive any notification as suggested above.
    -crafting was not responding to the "Have Items" box, and caused the weapon/armor type icons to disappear.
    -Add on settings box is empty. I cannot change any add on settings via the settings box.

I reported /bug(s) when I was able to log in and play.
    Edited by AaronMB on November 3, 2014 8:25PM
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol, and the massively-bugged-patch-farce begins
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I figure out what the ui error was that pop on my screen. It will not allow me to change my material in the blacksmiththing screen. So cannot make higher level weapons.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some Sound effects are missing or making weird noises.
    Draw weapon sound effect not working. (Silent)
    Rapid Strikes sound effect when hitting target not working (Silent)
    Thump sound when crouching first time after that no sound effect (Silent).

These are just the ones I have noticed so far. As usual with an update comes the new glitches and problems. Thanks ZOS.
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I waited about 15 minutes in one case; no more than 3 in the other cases, since it never takes that long to get a character load, even during prime time. And no, there was no error message.
    Edited by Srugzal on November 3, 2014 9:01PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok, thanks guys. We're still actively looking into this loading issue.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Lalaeith
    Lalaeith
    ✭✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »

Had that too..not only on a wayshrine, but also upon entering the zone for hircirnes ww delve. Worked on 3rd try, got the same message.
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AaronMB wrote: »
    -Add on settings box is empty. I cannot change any add on settings via the settings box.

Did you update them? They're all out of date, and the "use out-of-date" checkbox is set to unchecked; this is now standard procedure for big updates. That means there aren't any addons loaded, so naturally the settings box would be empty.

Several of mine have already been updated (Wykkyd's Framework, for example), so those show up as usual in the addon settings window.

• Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black-Bird wrote: »
    TOP OF MY LIST Honey brittle is still a steak!

Well, at least Consummate Fishy Sticks is no longer a Pie...
    Edited by Srugzal on November 3, 2014 9:04PM
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I came back to add this to my description, glad you mentioned. It appears to be the default loading screen picture for Glenumbra, but with no text.

• Merrak
    Merrak
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    It appears that Absorb Magic is still tagged in the 1H/S Tree instead of the change to Absorb.
    Merrak | Templar Main
    The Descendants | NA Server | Daggerfall Covenant