Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Meteor and morphs.

olsborg
olsborg
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
From what I read and see people saying both on forums and ingame, is that the mages guild ultimate is pretty weak and lackluster. It can be reflected and blocked. It just barely beats my crystal fragment dmg, and I can spam that one. For what it costs, its terrible...and very few people use it.

Id like to suggest a few things that might improve it. Increase the speed it travels, as in it will hit sooner after the initial sound. Make it unreflectable. Take away the AOE from it, make it single target and lower the cost considerably.

These are just my suggestions, and those might get me to start using it.

If you have any suggestions yourself, please share..

PC EU
PvP only
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tought id give this one a try today, its quite costly when you compare it to other ultimates, that are also clearly better, but I wanted to test anyway.

I quickly removed it again after doing 172 dmg to a blocking dragon knight. I do more then that with a light attack.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a truly terrible ultimate. They need to either increase damage or reduce ultimate cost.
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it used to be considered OP when it had 200 cost as the Shooting Star morph could be "spammed" (???). But yes it is a pretty lacking Ultimate, only real use I find for it is bursting down Vampires... but Vampires are no longer that common in Cyrodiil, and DKs can still reflect it.
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it will always stay reflected just like everything else in this game. Lately my meteor has only been doing 58-84 damage to people......something is NOT right. Especially since a giant flying rock hurling through space at ungodly speeds is being BLOCKED by a shield (stupid) or being reflected (again REALLY stupid).

Time to just suck it up and admit that nothing will be fixed :pensive:

Any comment on this @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ @ZOS_PaulineLC‌ @ZOS_PaulSage‌ @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ ??

I have been begging and begging for answers as has MANY people yet we do not get them :( Would love to see these issues FINALLY put to rest by being answered if it is intentional, broken, or going to be addressed.
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2019 and this ult is still garbage
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    its used on your damage bar for the passives ONLY, use another ulti like elemental rage if your a sorc from the back bar.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While this thread is necro with wrong info (being able to reflect it is no longer true).. i think Meteors ultimate cost should be lowered a bit atleast.

Its being one of those things that you only slot for the mages guild passive bonuses for ranged mag setups, occasionally. Has some uses at pvp, sort of. Still better choices. It needs a cost reduction to see more use.
  • Namarkas
    Namarkas
    ✭✭✭
    Somebody already playing a Necromancer it seems
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoa this thread got necroed good...

btw-
    Meteor is too easy to counter in pvp. Simply block it and it deals the same dmg as a normal light attack. It anounces itself too loudly, cant miss it.
    Edited by olsborg on April 5, 2019 10:22AM

PC EU
    PvP only
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only time I saw someone die to a Meteor in pvp was when around five people cast it on the same person at the same time. And that person was in a ball group so she couldn't see the cue because of all aoes her group was generating.
    She also didn't bother blocking because ball groups make their members completely invincible for 99% of time.

Meteor is almost completely useless in pvp. You can't put it into your combo because if you do then the entire combo gets blocked. You can't use it with knockback or stun because everyone will break free in one second and then block fort the next 2 seconds.

Right now it is slotted just for extra magicka and magicka recovery.

To make is somewhat usefull we would have to either decrease warning time to 1 second or completely remove it.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We all know it's necro thread but hey, after 5 years nothing has changed. It's a garbage in PvP (unless you're playing magdk and you will manage to use fossilize on your target right before it hits) and there are far better options for PvE. It not only has to high cost, it is the most telegraphed ultimate ever, there is a reason why magicka characters prefer to use DBoS over Meteor in PvP.
    Edited by Mayrael on April 5, 2019 11:50AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's completly crap for the ult price even terrible payers counter it that's how you know it's really not good at all.

At least soul assault works sometimes meteor will almost never hit for full damage and the dots afterwards are totally useless in pvp.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drako_Ei wrote: »

No, it's actually more powerful cost-wise then Elemental rage, on NB at least. And what shooting star does on trash pulls paired with soul harvest. Oh my, ult after ult. Also it is placed as recommended ult on Alcast site too, if you think that I'm the only one to use it. Yeah, yeah, it is placed on backbar for passives, lol. (No, we don't spend many time on backbar on magblade, so there is no even assassination ability there)
    So when melee range is available and you fight against single target you spam soul harvest, when there are several mobs around the boss use shooting star, that's all.

Of course if you plan to save ult for execution whatever, or ele rage fits your dps better to cheese dummy then you use elemental rage.
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drako_Ei wrote: »

No, it's actually more powerful cost-wise then Elemental rage, on NB at least. And what shooting star does on trash pulls paired with soul harvest. Oh my, ult after ult. Also it is placed as recommended ult on Alcast site too, if you think that I'm the only one to use it. Yeah, yeah, it is placed on backbar for passives, lol. (No, we don't spend many time on backbar on magblade, so there is no even assassination ability there)
    So when melee range is available and you fight against single target you spam soul harvest, when there are several mobs around the boss use shooting star, that's all.

Of course if you plan to save ult for execution whatever, or ele rage fits your dps better to cheese dummy then you use elemental rage.

All true for PvE... however, every complaint above was about PvP.
  • Vajrak
    Vajrak
    ✭✭✭
    I used this to pick up a Quadra kill in PVP yesterday...the stun followed into AoE burst and execution skills...but that was also in BG, not Cyro.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they should make it PBAoE like Dawnbreaker, reduce the cost to 125 and make the dmg similar to that aswell.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's OK to necro when the point still stands: Meteor sucks.

Meteor was OK for like 3 weeks when Rune Cage was awesome, but now it's just weak and useless. Just another example of how Magicka builds get screwed compared to Stamina.

Maybe what they should do is make one morph of Meteor a physical ultimate (which could have some PvE utility for Stam builds) and then give us back one morph of Dawnbreaker with magic damage. This would be fair, right?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meteor was also great back when Nightblades had Malefic Wreath/Prolonged Suffering. I miss those days.
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Tought id give this one a try today, its quite costly when you compare it to other ultimates, that are also clearly better, but I wanted to test anyway.

I quickly removed it again after doing 172 dmg to a blocking dragon knight. I do more then that with a light attack.

O god, reading those damage numbers gives me nostalgia for the days when most health bars were 2k (ish)