The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

EU Tournament Rules & Registration + Trailer! - Arena Guild

MagicaDeHex
MagicaDeHex
✭✭
(posting for official organiser)

Hello everyone!

My name is Daykiin, and i am here to present you with the first ever "Arena Dueling Tournament".

This post will explain how to register, come, and play during the tournament. If you need further information, you can contact me ingame at: @aqualice or @LegendaryMage (or any of our other officers).

This event is a first shot in Europe, we hope that everyone will have a good sportsmanship behavior, and will give us the will to do a second event later, and many more afterwards!

Rewards:

1st place: 100k gold
2nd place: 30k gold
3rd place: 10k gold

(and there will be a special prize for the most funky build of the tournament).

But only the winner will be given a very special prize that remains secret to the moment until the day of the tournament.

This event will happen on the 1st of November, Saturday at 6 pm on Azura Europe server (check the video below for the location of the tournament)

1) Registration:

If you want to participate, it is very simple, you will need to mail @aqualice ingame with following:

- Charactername
- Class
- VR Level
- Faction

Our guild officers will always advertise the sign up thread on the forum, in-game.

You will also need to pay 3000 gold as a registration fee, on the day of the tournament to complete the registration. This gold will be given to the winners of the tournament in the end. And to pay the organization team that put out the work for the event.

2000 gold for the tournament pool, 1000 for the organization efforts. Mail gold to @aqualice (daykiin) in-game, and make sure you leave your character name in the subject of the mail.

2) Rules.

The rules are very basic. Every duel will have a timer, 15 minutes, beyond this point if no one is able to kill the other one, 3 judges will step in, taken from each faction and will decide who was the better player overall. 2 judges agreeing results in a decision for that player respectively. If all 3 judges agree, it's an unanimous win.

DC and EP judges are Derra and daykiin. AD judge will be either @Soulac or @LegendaryMage, with the other one being a general overseer of the tournament, making sure that guild chat is nice and clean, people are paying attention and not messing around etc.

You will be allowed to:

- use any kind of consumables, food, potions, trinkets, skills and ultimates.

Before each fight, players will spend their ultimates in front of judges so we can ensure everyone starts with a 0% ultimate. Change your build/gear after or before any duel.

You won't be allowed to:

- interfere in the duels, if you do, you will be instantly killed by the security team (judges + overseer), if you do it a second time you will be simply kicked from the tournament and more importantly, the guild.

- you cannot stay in stealth during the duel for more than 30 seconds.

- you cannot run away during the duel (going out of the restricted area or the arena 'pit'). There is enough place and if you go too far away, or even worse, outside of view range of audience or judges, you are clearly doing it wrong and can and will be disqualified/lose the fight.

- you cannot change your skills during the duel (note that you can change anything you want before and after a duel), as this would require a pause or extended stealth period. Prepare in advance, once the fight begins - it's on!

- taunt your opponent or being rude with him after a win/loss.

- you won't be allowed to kill anyone in the crowd around but the duelers themselves during YOUR matches. Assaulting other people will be treated with open hostility by all participants. You will be expected to stand in line with other audience members who can be spectators/participants not currently fighting.

- you cannot object to the judges votes, in case of equality for example. If we decide something, you won't have your word to say and opinions other than the judge's ones are irrelevant. All judges are experienced elite duelers who are not participating in order to make sure the event goes smoothly. They are not biased and do not have any favorites among the crowd.

3) Tournament system:

- the tournament system will work with groups of 4 at the beginning, each group will be made in consideration of your lvl / gear / amount of skill, so if you are vr8 you won't face a vr14 straight away. The higher you progress, the tougher opponents you'll face.

- the first step is not a single elimination system, you will face everyone in your group, so a total of 3 games.

- winning a game will give you: 10 tournament points.

- being equal will give you : 5 tournament points.

- loosing a game will give you: 0 tournament points.

- at the end of the first phase, the 3rd and the 4th of each group will be eliminated, the first and the second will go to the second level of the tournament.

- in the second step, it will be a single elimination system (so loosing a game = exit of the tournament). People with the same amount of points will face each other (swiss rounds) and so on until 2 players remain in play off for the grand final.

- third step the grand final, 2 players who gathered the greatest amount of points, the match will be divided in 3 games, (so 2 winning games) to avoid luck lag or whatever. If a player is found (in any match) to be bugged or disconnected, the fight is repeated.

- the winner will be called by the judges to receive his gold by the tournament overseer (@LegendaryMage or @Soulac), and will participate in the surprise bonus event! Check the screenshot below where this will happen.

- in addition, a special reward will be given for the most "funky build" we see during the tournament! Be the most creative, most entertaining or even the most trolling build on the battlefield and you will be rewarded regardless of whether you win or lose, the judges will take notice of it! Make them laugh and you will be rewarded.

This is pretty much it, I hope that there will be a lot of people willing to participate for our first special event organized by daykiin & legendarymage and the whole arena guild, first and foremost.

Dont miss the Arena Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyCoVIje6p0

If you have problems signing up heres a video with how and what you'll need to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FujN_MWJh4

Thanks everyone and see you next week at 6 PM, Nov. 1st!
Edited by MagicaDeHex on October 25, 2014 8:35PM
Magica De Hex - V14 DK Aldmeri Dominion - Rank 45
Hex De Magica - V14 Sorc Ebonheart Pact - Rank 23
Magika Hex - V14 NB Aldmeri Dominion - Rank 7

• Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm eager to see the results. I can already bet Magica will fail. As always.
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dream comes real. I wish to all have a nice tourney next week.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Schno
    Schno
    ✭✭✭
    Nice idea, hope the serverperformance will be better than today when the tournament starts.
    Schno - VR14 - Orc Templar
    Isires - VR12 - Darkelf Sorc
  • MagicaDeHex
    MagicaDeHex
    ✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    I'm eager to see the results. I can already bet Magica will fail. As always.

I will not participate in this event unfortunatly, but there will be another tournament after this one and yes then i will fail just for you :)

Edited by MagicaDeHex on October 26, 2014 7:24AM

• CPT_CAPSLOCK
    CPT_CAPSLOCK
    ✭✭✭
    Whats the sign up deadline?
  • MagicaDeHex
    MagicaDeHex
    ✭✭
    Whats the sign up deadline?

Friday 31st

• Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a few questions: With a three faction game, how can you pit 4 players in a group and have everyone do three matches? Is switching of toons allowed, and if yes, do you need two toons of same class in different factions?

How do you determine 3rd place if you have but one grand finale? Will third place be the one who has accumulated most points in first phase? What happens if there is a point draw by two players of the same faction?
    Edited by Keron on October 29, 2014 2:46PM
  • Dalglish
    Dalglish
    ✭✭✭
    What happens when half of the contestants have exploited their way to former emp passives? Hardly a level playing field I am sure any honest player will agree.

By the way this post is not designed to undermine your tournament, it's nice to see the EU side of things getting stuff like this organised.
    Victrix EU - EP & AD -
    Xbox EU - DalglishUK
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dalglish wrote: »
    What happens when half of the contestants have exploited their way to former emp passives? Hardly a level playing field I am sure any honest player will agree.

By the way this post is not designed to undermine your tournament, it's nice to see the EU side of things getting stuff like this organised.

Say whut?

First off, a 5% cost reduction in ultimate, 1% more healing and 2% more regen, is hardly going to make a difference. Secondly, some people got Former Emp legitimately, what you gonna do?

Plus, some players have gold gear while others have purple. Some have PvE'd more and have more skills than others etc etc.

You're never going to have two players in completely identical state. The whole point of the duels is to replicate that 1v1 encounter in Cyrodiil, without interference from other players.
    Edited by Maulkin on October 29, 2014 3:22PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They have to count to 5 out loud before using ultimate each time :)
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Dalglish
    Dalglish
    ✭✭✭

Say whut?

First off, a 5% cost reduction in ultimate, 1% more healing and 2% more regen, is hardly going to make a difference. Secondly, some people got Former Emp legitimately, what you gonna do?

Plus, some players have gold gear while others have purple. Some have PvE'd more and have more skills than others etc etc.

You're never going to have two players in completely identical state. The whole point of the duels is to replicate that 1v1 encounter in Cyrodiil, without interference from other players.

Ask any min/maxer every % or point counts.

2 Players with very similar skill level, the one with the extra bonuses can easily be the reason that the fight has gone one way or another. I duel some very good guys quite often to test builds etc.

On a tournament level it's easy for someone who has naturally progressed to feel cheated if he finds out the other player has done the kind of thing I mentioned.

This is why the game needs a proper dueling system, with eSports kind of criteria where certain skills/passives can be banned.

My argument is more for that than flaming the guys who exploit. I think I pointed that out in the first post with commending the organisation of an event? No?
    Victrix EU - EP & AD -
    Xbox EU - DalglishUK
  • Dalglish
    Dalglish
    ✭✭✭

They have to count to 5 out loud before using ultimate each time :)

That could be tough for some I suppose haha!
    Victrix EU - EP & AD -
    Xbox EU - DalglishUK
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ any chance you could sticky this for a couple of days as entry closes Friday?
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭

Say whut?

Ask any min/maxer every % or point counts.

2 Players with very similar skill level, the one with the extra bonuses can easily be the reason that the fight has gone one way or another. I duel some very good guys quite often to test builds etc.

On a tournament level it's easy for someone who has naturally progressed to feel cheated if he finds out the other player has done the kind of thing I mentioned.

This is why the game needs a proper dueling system, with eSports kind of criteria where certain skills/passives can be banned.

My argument is more for that than flaming the guys who exploit. I think I pointed that out in the first post with commending the organisation of an event? No?

Would be awesome to have some eSports in ESO, but unfortunately ZOS stated that they won't make it a competitive game.

(I'm not going to link the post here because I'm too lazy to search for it)

Which however does not prevent us from making our own eSports league. ;P
  • Obus
    Obus
    ✭✭
    Good luck guys! I'd join but im too lazy to cure my vamp just for the tournament XD
    Edited by Obus on October 31, 2014 11:24AM
    Obus - EU NB - Former Emperor - AD @ EU Dawnbreaker
    Banana Squad
    Zerg Squad
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Obus wrote: »
    Good luck guys!

Thanks, I know I'll need truck-loads of it :D
    EU | PC | AD
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmpf, having some major issues with my PC today, hope I can fix this until the tounemant starts :(
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some explaination:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FujN_MWJh4&list=UU6gOGUF_IEiLur1wrVRkf9g

Round 1:
    dennegor vs derra

lynxa vs red percusion

cpt capslock vs max karl ludwig planck

kris vs lalapalooza

fyrusha vs khal dieudo

norrix vs shockingly

altaris vs karras

gargragrond vs sanct fire heal

arz fin'lay vs glorious fluff

liberate vs sublime

sonour vs shagrat est

welkynd vs santoryu D winchester

petardin vs metalxead

turack vs @davey06093

maulkin vs king of doraith
    Edited by Soulac on November 1, 2014 3:14PM
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay! I get a shot at murdering Lala! \o/
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks like I won't be able to join today. My video card isn't working anymore :(

>320.000.000 AP
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    very nice event and awesome crowd, but dem endless fights in finals :/
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    gratz Dusk for winning! :)

@faernaa‌
    you should have seen the fight after the finals.. Dusk vs me - 35 Minutes
    This is an endless fight :wink:

@Dusk‌
    Screw you with your damn Arena Set :(
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations to @Dusk! Thanks to everyone who made this a great event!

<3
    Edited by Lava_Croft on November 1, 2014 11:14PM
  • SteLuppi91
    SteLuppi91
    ✭✭
    Nice Dusk!:D
    EU/PC
    Skylìer vr16 DK EP Dark elf *_*
    Aradil vr16 Sorc EP
    Skylier vr 16 DK EP Nord ): (Retired)
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    Looks like I won't be able to join today. My video card isn't working anymore :(

Sanct you missed the #ThePurpleAlliance
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Metalxead
    Metalxead
    ✭✭
    Dusk op! Gratz!
    Hope i will prepare better next time, even with my *funky* build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doEsIlwCMI0

p.s. Sorry to all who watch my stream and didnt see finals there, my guild demands me to some PvE event :(
    Edited by Metalxead on November 2, 2014 4:25AM
    Metalxead - V14 Sorc - Auriels Bow/Thornblade/Haderus - Ex-Emperor - IDDQD,Arena.
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL

>320.000.000 AP
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Dusk.

Hope next time i'll be able to participate :(

Saturday evening was a crap day for the tournament :( at least for me (and iya and ilarion)

Maybe next time we can propose different dates and then make a vote.

But nevertheless, thanks to all who make this event happen! Looking forward to the vid.
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel