Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stop "Travel to Player" to enter Cyrodiil

Keron
Keron
✭✭✭✭✭
Seriously. Pull the rain cover out of your backside, stop that lame excuse with "friends need to be able to play together" and disable it.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree 100%
    this is being used as a method to cause mass lagg and server crashes for various reasons.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I.... don't.... do you guys think travel to player is bypassing the server cap?
    Edited by Huntler on October 22, 2014 9:04PM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears that players who use 'travel to players' are not being counted. If the server is at population lock you can't use it, but if the server is not at population lock then those that use it are not counted. For example, if the server has counted 100 people in the zone and ten people use 'travel to friend', the server still only counts the population as 100 not 110.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    It appears that players who use 'travel to players' are not being counted. If the server is at population lock you can't use it, but if the server is not at population lock then those that use it are not counted. For example, if the server has counted 100 people in the zone and ten people use 'travel to friend', the server still only counts the population as 100 not 110.

Evidence?
    Edited by Huntler on October 22, 2014 9:21PM
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, none. Only anecdotal evaluation.

Can't test it by myself. But seeing two full fledged attacks by the same faction with more than 70 players each while having medium population (and two other fights, although I didn't see the numbers involved) seems kind of improbable with maximum population of 200 players for each faction.

Not the first time today. Have seen it several times on several campaigns by all factions. The manpower doesn't match the population indicators.

Only explanation: the travel to player function. As it also allows you to enter every campaign, no matter if home, guest or not at all and also allows you to bypass the "can't enter campaign because of homed opposing faction char" thing, it seems to be too buggy to keep up.

Seriously. It doesn't give that much positive worth to continue coping with the downsides.
  • MagnusRex
    MagnusRex
    ✭✭✭
    Bad idea, it would suck for people who have to be in multiple campaigns, for duels for example.
    Magnus Rex Magicka Dragonknight DC EU
    Magnus Rekt U Magicka Dragonknight EP EU

KiteSquad | Fero Caedis
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I play on three alliances.

I am not going to spend my day PvPing on a dead/buff server because I can only have one account on thornblade.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »

Evidence?

Travel to player does bypass "can't enter campaign because of homed opposing faction char", this is a known issue. What else is broke about it? How is the population counted when entering PvP?

• Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Evidence?

Travel to player does bypass "can't enter campaign because of homed opposing faction char", this is a known issue. What else is broke about it? How is the population counted when entering PvP?

In the ESO Live #2, @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌ confirmed that the travel to friend option to enter Cyrodiil is INTENDED.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

• Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the ESO Live #2, @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌ confirmed that the travel to friend option to enter Cyrodiil is INTENDED.
    And that prooves it to be a good idea, how?

I know he said it. Doesn't make it right, though.

Am I the only one that thinks that implementing a functionality that defeats their own rules is a sure sign of mad cow disease or bipolar dysfunction?
    Edited by Keron on October 22, 2014 10:22PM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Evidence?

If it was intended to be able to have characters on opposing teams on the same server, there would not be a 'block' in place to prevent people from homing/guesting characters of opposing factions on the same server.

• Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Evidence?

If it was intended to be able to have characters on opposing teams on the same server, there would not be a 'block' in place to prevent people from homing/guesting characters of opposing factions on the same server.

Yes it doesn't make sense. I know.. But it's still intended for some reason.

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe that you should be able to "travel to friends" in cyrodill. if players could not do that, then buff servers, possibly, would not be so much of an issue; as players would not be able to so easily switch if they did not guest/home.

I just don't see ZOSes logic. why implement lockout mechanics if they can be so easily bypassed? may as well take these lockout mechanics out if players don't have to use them in my opinion.

Evidence?

just because ZOS confirms it was intended does not make it good.

By that logic, the "grey areas" like getting inside the spawns of other alliances, should not be considered a problem.

Edited by Cody on October 22, 2014 10:56PM
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    I don't believe that you should be able to "travel to friends" in cyrodill. if players could not do that, then buff servers, possibly, would not be so much of an issue; as players would not be able to so easily switch if they did not guest/home.

I just don't see ZOSes logic. why implement lockout mechanics if they can be so easily bypassed? may as well take these lockout mechanics out if players don't have to use them in my opinion.

Evidence?

By that logic, the "grey areas" like getting inside the spawns of other alliances, should not be considered a problem.

I honestly think it is good though. If I know that I can only play on a campaign based off alliance I would have a DK,Templar,Nightblade, and Sorcerer all on DC.

But I like to play all 3 alliances and that won't work well when only one of my accounts can play on a competitive campaign and the rest sat on Buff/dead campaigns.

• Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the system as it is at the moment. When I think "Thornblade sucks today" I can just guest to Azuras Star or whatever and maybe have fun there. If those players don't count toward the population limit, they should fix that tho.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • seancaputo_ESO
    seancaputo_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Easy test. One player is in Keep - The other Player is in Locked line and the Third Player Travels to Player One.

If you can do that, that means a RAID can travel to one Player on a locked populated server.

I will try tonight, but if that is the case -- That's B.S
  • seancaputo_ESO
    seancaputo_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Evidence?

I honestly think it is good though. If I know that I can only play on a campaign based off alliance I would have a DK,Templar,Nightblade, and Sorcerer all on DC.

But I like to play all 3 alliances and that won't work well when only one of my accounts can play on a competitive campaign and the rest sat on Buff/dead campaigns.

I believe people are talking about two different things. The main complaint is the server is locked. But some how AD brings in another 50+ players through this broken mechanism. People are questioning the ability to break the Locked Campaign, not someone traveling to friend to play with.

So, we should test and put it up as a Bug.

• Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Evidence?

I believe people are talking about two different things. The main complaint is the server is locked. But some how AD brings in another 50+ players through this broken mechanism. People are questioning the ability to break the Locked Campaign, not someone traveling to friend to play with.

So, we should test and put it up as a Bug.

My AD can't be homed on thorn because my DC is homed there. The only way I can join the fight with my AD if the campaign is locked is if I do a group que with someone who is homed there. I still have to wait in the line though.

• Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone that plays on two alliances, I can also confirm that travel to player does not bypass the queue. Nor does traveling with a group.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guesting should be disabled entirely and Brain Wheeler has stated before that there is no way to circumvent the queues for PvP campaigns.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on October 23, 2014 5:17AM
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Easy test. One player is in Keep - The other Player is in Locked line and the Third Player Travels to Player One.

If you can do that, that means a RAID can travel to one Player on a locked populated server.

I will try tonight, but if that is the case -- That's B.S

You can't, the only way to get into a locked server is to queue properly, when the campaign is pop locked you can't travel to a friend.
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it's not about breaking out of queue. As stated several times explicitly that can't be done.

The issue at hand is that you can bring in people that do not count against current population as long as the campaign is not locked.

That means that you can break the population maximum with it as long as the campaign is not yet locked and without causing the lock to go active.

Please at least read the first few comments before implying something to be the point discussed.
    Edited by Keron on October 23, 2014 6:22AM
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keron wrote: »
    No it's not about breaking out of queue. As stated several times explicitly that can't be done.

The issue at hand is that you can bring in people that do not count against current population as long as the campaign is not locked.

That means that you can break the population maximum with it as long as the campaign is not yet locked and without causing the lock to go active.

Please at least read the first few comments before implying something to be the point discussed.

And the people that have said this is the case have been asked to provide proof and haven't. So, what proof do you have of this other than just looking at a group of people and coming up with a random number?
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All connected clients need to receive informations, constantly, and you can be sure the server knows about each and any one on them or he could not... well... "serve" them.

And even if it's true that "travel to" bypasses some of the normal mechanics... that's maybe a couple dozen players at the most who can slip in this way just before the server updates the queue and enters locked state.
    That's not an issue and will even out itself within minutes (mostly because someone somewhere is always crashing).
    Overreacting much?
  • skeletorz_ESO
    skeletorz_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I play on three alliances.

I am not going to spend my day PvPing on a dead/buff server because I can only have one account on thornblade.

This needs to be stopped too. Accounts should have to pick a faction. Drastically cut down on cheaters.

But yeah, travel to player, for Cyrodiil, needs to go.
    Edited by skeletorz_ESO on October 23, 2014 7:37AM
    “If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.” -- René Descartes
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the people that have said this is the case have been asked to provide proof and haven't. So, what proof do you have of this other than just looking at a group of people and coming up with a random number?
    tengri wrote: »
    And even if it's true that "travel to" bypasses some of the normal mechanics... that's maybe a couple dozen players at the most who can slip in this way just before the server updates the queue and enters locked state.
    That's not an issue and will even out itself within minutes (mostly because someone somewhere is always crashing).
    Overreacting much?
    Which campaign are you on? If the answer is "Thornblade" then you are right - this is not much of a problem for you. If you are in the winning faction on one of the other servers then you are right - this is not much of a problem for you.

I already said that I do not have evidence except for observations. As opposed to what you guys imply, I am very well aware of the difficulties of estimating numbers of moving masses and the approximate numbers I gave for that single occurrence are very conservative for exactly this reason.

If you know of a guild of let's say 400 members willing to log in at the same time on a low pop server, first by normal guesting/homing and logging in to have a baseline for the server population indicators, then all leave Cyrodiil except for one single member and subsequently all travel to friend to this single player and recheck the population indicator, we could produce proof or disprove it.

I can't do that - I'm not a member of such a large group/guild. So instead of arguing against changing a mechanic that probably is bugged and in fact does help troll camp placers and spies just for the sake of arguing, it may be a good idea to just provide a proof for either disproving the problem or confirming it. But I understand, it's way too cool to just stomp on us low skiller's opinion.
    Edited by Keron on October 23, 2014 8:15AM
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This needs to be stopped too. Accounts should have to pick a faction. Drastically cut down on cheaters.

But yeah, travel to player, for Cyrodiil, needs to go.

Unless they introduce a way to completely "unhome/unguest" yourself: no, it needs to stay.

One acceptable solution would be that you sign up for one tour of duty (campaign duration) but after this one cycle is over so are your home/guest selections and you can reassign them.
    Maybe require a fee that scales with the amount of AP you "made" during the tour (in your home): if you contributed enough the reset is free; if you had been only there for the buffs and did nothing... well... you would have to pay to reset or you cant.
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calm your jammies if the campaign is full you can't enter.
    Read the damn top-right-corner of your screen man.
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yusuf wrote: »
    Calm your jammies if the campaign is full you can't enter.
    Read the damn top-right-corner of your screen man.
    54b.gif
    You, Sir, are the man.
    Try reading the posts, for once.
    Edited by Keron on October 23, 2014 3:02PM
  • Bramir
    Bramir
    ✭✭✭✭
    If this mechanic is actually allowing population numbers to remain skewed even when populations are locked, it needs to be removed or fixed.

I really hope this is not the case. Competition in Cyrodiil is already a joke because of ZOS's unwillingness to punish cheaters and exploiters, and the population balance between AD and the other factions. If ZOS is allowing a broken mechanic like this to further exacerbate the population imbalance, I think I am done bothering.

Please tell me this isn't true...