The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

3d models for 3d artist

Bloodystab
Bloodystab
✭✭✭✭
Anyone have idea if there is option to somehow Extract character models from game?

Im a 3d artist and i would like to create some fun-art items on them. I can ofc recreate them from scratch but it would be very time consuming & not accurate

In Skyrim it was very easy :wink:

Maybe Zenimax can share with Us a Viewer or something like that, Blizzard community have a lot of fun with their Machinimas etc.

PS: I know there is few softwares on the net that can do the job - but i tried few of them without results on DX11, will try later DX9.
  • Bloodystab
    Bloodystab
    ✭✭✭✭
    If anyone is interested.

Looks like I got progress in my research :)

Change to DX9 allowed me to capture frame and export it as 3d model - but everything looks messed up at this moment, so I need more tests.

I still hope for Official way :D

• Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see some ESO Machinimas, keep it up! B)
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • Bloodystab
    Bloodystab
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soo...

More progress.
    Screenshot added, as You see I got model. Just after Extraction he is somehow squished and need manual scaling - I need to spend more time on this.

Next problem is that I have a lot of extra data - looks like my model is copied few times and layered one by one but can be fixed with time I hope.

Textures are different story.

To Zenimax Studio.

I know that what I'm doing might be wrong and I COPY game content for my personal use. I will not share any data and I hope my Hobby will not lead to BAN my account - if You want me to stop doing this I will remove everything that come from ESO from my HDD.

My goal is only to have good reference to create FunArt as Armor, Weapons & render them on "dummy model"
    Edited by Bloodystab on October 19, 2014 10:02AM
  • Cathrin
    Cathrin
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope this is ok. I did some 3d stuff, too and would love to play around with my ESO self. It was fun in Skyrim but not possible in ESO.

I can, however, understand, that you might abuse exporting 3d data from a MMORPG. Then again, the data is on the server...
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's see how my summoning skills are these days...

@ZOS_Mark @ZOS_EdLynch @ZOS_JessicaFolsom any chance on getting better access to this kind of stuff for Machinima creation?
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • Bloodystab
    Bloodystab
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's see how my summoning skills are these days...

<fingers crossed> lol

For now my progress Stoped :(
  • vogtab16_ESO
    vogtab16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Any progress in this? I would be interested to get some detailled models out of the game too, for a little personal project (non profit, and only for my own pleasure).
    Your Words are drenched in honey, how far did you stick your tongue up the beehive?
  • Bloodystab
    Bloodystab
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not really. And didn't tried again since last time.

I used Software 3d Ripper DX and Blender.

To correct work ESO must run in DX9 not 11 (Need to change inside UserSettings.txt \Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu ). There is few other software's on the net that can extract data like that but nothing worked for me or they save file in not common formats.

You can try on Your own - if You have access to Maya / 3d Max You might have better results then I had with Blender.

I will update all my tools to newest version and try again soon :)
    Edited by Bloodystab on March 6, 2015 9:52AM
  • Catulo
    Catulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am fascinated by your achievement.

I'd love to build a lifesize pepakura suit of heavy armor based on my main character in ESO and extracting the mesh would be a perfect start for this project.

Could you please explain a bit more about the details how you managed to get the mesh? I don't even need textures, just the basic mesh to work with in 3DS Max.

That would be awesome!
    PC/EU
  • Bloodystab
    Bloodystab
    ✭✭✭✭
    Catulo wrote: »
    I am fascinated by your achievement.

I'd love to build a lifesize pepakura suit of heavy armor based on my main character in ESO and extracting the mesh would be a perfect start for this project.

Could you please explain a bit more about the details how you managed to get the mesh? I don't even need textures, just the basic mesh to work with in 3DS Max.

That would be awesome!

Hello,

I will have more time this weekend so I can try again and upload more details :) maybe even some YouTube video.

Stay tuned :smiley:
  • Catulo
    Catulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bloodystab wrote: »
    Hello,

I will have more time this weekend so I can try again and upload more details :) maybe even some YouTube video.

You are my hero! Thank you in advance.

PC/EU
  • Catulo
    Catulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bloodystab wrote: »
    Hello,

Hi Bloodystab,

are there any news already. As far as I am concerned, you don't have to go through all the work and make a video. A short list of steps and a few explanations would be enough :smile:
    PC/EU
  • civilizedsavage
    civilizedsavage
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see some 3D support...so far 3D artists haven't been even recognized in ESOLIVE artist showcase as far as I have seen...and granted I've not watched 100% of the shows since launch, but I've seen the majority of them...a bit disheartening when 3D is your primary medium and it isn't recognized. I tend to do a blend of 3D and digital painting...and they have this whole contest thing which I'd love to enter but I pretty much feel like they'll look at it and go...oh...3D...NEXT!

In any case...bravo to your work!
    Guild Leader | The Ashen Hand