The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

NOOB vs Molag Bal...HE'S DOWN!

MornaBaine
MornaBaine
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So I posted this on the Player Guide forum but only received one response so far. Being the impatient type, I'm going to also share it here in hopes of more help.

Okay...Vet 1 vampire Sorc. 5 pieces Vampire's Kiss Set, 3 Song of Lamae. All purples and blues. Light Armor, Resto Staff and Destruction Staff of Flames.
Bar 1 I have Crystal Blast IV, Elusive Mist IV, Invigorating Drain IV, Silver Shards III, Unstable Clanfear IV, and for my Ult: Devouring Swarm IV. This is all with my Dest. Staff.
Bar 2 I have Blessing of Protection IV, Bound Armor II, Healing Springs I, Mutagen I, and Silver Shards III and again my Ult is Devouring Swarm IV.
I was running Night's Silence and lesser staffs the first time I took a run at him and I ROFLstomped all the mobs between me and him...and then he proceeded to just destroy me over and over and over. Couldn't kite him to save my life...literally. Finally gave up and when I came back for a 2nd try... I no longer had the nifty special armor the quest gives you and I could not open the entrances I needed to in order to get to Molag Bal. Seems like the quest was bugged?

So my question is twofold... did anyone else have a problem with getting the quest to function properly on a second try? And...assuming I CAN get back to Molag Bal...how the heck do I defeat this jerk??? This is SOOO frustrating!!!! Suggestions/strats/encouragement please?

UPDATE: So what it really comes down to IS movement...which frankly, I rather suck at. I can COMPLETELY understand why people with limited mobility in their hands find this fight near-impossible. Thank goodness for my extremely patient husband. I have to get through this fight on at least 2 more Mages (altoholic who LOVES mages and since there's soooo many ways to build them I can't resist!) who has taught me what I need to know. Now to go out and practice, practice, practice! And thank you again everyone who was so incredibly helpful here!
Edited by MornaBaine on September 20, 2014 12:44PM
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Mondo
    Mondo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Done him with green leveling gear as NB. You know block and roll mechanics? Run in cyrcles doge and block you can kill him easy with autohit
    Im not the Hero you need, im the Troll you deserve!
    - Survived the WoW Pre LK Rogue Forum "Come at me Bro" -

L2P = Accept that DK is OP and stop complaining
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simpliest one...
    run big circle, resto staff heavy attack and heal yourself when needed
    block when titans come until they have killed themselves
    and continue running circle and heavy attack and heal

should take about 15minutes and you're done.

EDIT... and think you need to start over when you are coming the 2nd time... you'll get the amulet of kings about halfway through the whole quest.
    Edited by Syntse on September 18, 2014 11:03AM
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran it with a full Allessia's Bulwark on a Nightblade, in green or white, as I recall. Yeah, just staying out of his AoE attacks seemed to deal with the worst of it. I can't remember if I was stunlocking him somehow (I might have been, but I doubt it.)

I'm not sure what happens if you don't have the armor buff, though. That sounds like an issue you'd need to take to a GM.
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back up kite him in a big circle whilst using resto heavy attacks. Heal if you need to. Dodge when he jumps down (although I'm pretty sure you don't need to if you're kiting). Block when the other things start attacking to reflect their hits. Will take a while but you'll never die.
  • GamerzElite
    GamerzElite
    ✭✭✭
    I did it with healing staff. Max up ur stamina and Run Run Run. See the video:
    Edited by GamerzElite on September 18, 2014 11:22AM
    . . . .., . ., Looking for PVX Guild in EP/DC
    Warden: GEonWAR (DC) Lvl in progress
    Sorcerer: Jaadugar (EP)
    Dragon Knight: Altep (EP) Unknown DK (DC)
    Templer: Tempu (EP) Unklnownwarrior (DC)
    Nightblade: Jaad NB (EP) Unknown nbl (DC)
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's a totally boring kite and kill by a million cuts fight, expect block the adds attacks, which reflects and kills the add, and don't be where he lands after the jumps!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did this just a couple of days ago so it is fresh in my mind. VR1 DK, dressed in a mix of green and white armor various parts ranging from lvl 46 to VR1, usually use 2H melee, but used resto staff for this fight (I use resto staff for all long endurance fights!)

Keep him at a distance. Just kite him around and chip a bit off his health with every ranged attack. Look out for the red circles and move out of them - it doesn't happen that fast, so you don't need to even roll-dodge, just walk out of the red areas when they show up. He will occasionally make a big jump towards you which can do a lot of damage if you don't avoid it, but it is marked with a big red circle, just stay out of the red.

Keep plinking away with your ranged attack (I went for resto staff because heavy attack replenishes magicka, so I could keep healing myself too if I made a mistake or got caught on the edge of an aoe attack).

When the titans spawn, simply hold the right mouse button down and keep moving, just using block during this part of the fight will (due the the exceptional powers given to you by the ritual) reflect all of their spell attacks back to them and kill them (although when I last did it, they didn't actually die, they just sort of formed a circle at the edge of the "arena" where the fight takes place and ignored me once I'd beaten them, I don't know whether that is supposed to happen, but they didn't join in with the rest of the fight so that is OK by me).

Then it's back to Molag, and as before, just keep plinking away with resto, keep moving out of the red circles, and heal yourself as needed.

It is a long battle, but once you know what you need to do it is not a particularly difficult one - I hope my advice has helped to make it less difficult.

Edit to add: Oh and if you have got through the rest of the main quest up to this point- Valley of Blades, and Sancre Tor - you CAN do this, I didn't find this the hardest fight in the main quest.
    Edited by Epona222 on September 18, 2014 12:22PM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All you really need do is block, stay out of his AoE and then just dps him in the interium of his blabbing. He isn't much of a figher, lol. Sometimes it is a little tricky to get your timing down, so just take your time and bring plenty of food & stamina pots to help yourself out. You will be fine :)
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Epona222
    If you would have gone as melee DK it would have been maybe 3min fight.

Going caster will prolong the fight quite a bit. We did this not long ago with my wife side by side and I finished in 3minutes with my DK melee and she went 15 with her sorc.
  • Ragefist
    Ragefist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did it with my nightblade in leveling greens, tho he did kill me twice until I figured the telegraph for one-shot attack

Enough healing is crucial, On my Sorcerer I used Critical Surge and Degeneration (Entropy morph, Mages Guild), But that was back after launch when he was really tough

For extra dps you can use Expert Hunter from Fighters Guild. Making sure you have some healing pots wont hurt either

On my 2nd go, I didnt understant much whats happening with the Titans, we didnt have that back in my days, so I just ignored them and finished him off (On Sorcerer its Mages Wrath finished spam)
  • kyrowski
    kyrowski
    ✭✭
    I had a similar issue as a vamp sorc. As above I just ran in circles with light attack and curse. My issue was constantly being 1 shot trying to get to him - the best solution I found was to run through the mobs draining as I ran and not engaging them fully until I reached a tunnel out of range of his fire spell
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syntse wrote: »
    @Epona222
    If you would have gone as melee DK it would have been maybe 3min fight.

Going caster will prolong the fight quite a bit. We did this not long ago with my wife side by side and I finished in 3minutes with my DK melee and she went 15 with her sorc.

No it wouldn't, I'd have died 20 times and got frustrated.
    Maybe you have a different DK build to mine.
    But no I would not have been able to finish the fight in 3 minutes, that seems ridiculous to me. It took about 10 minutes kiting MB with the resto.
    I am tempted to say "pics or it didn't happen" :p
    I understand that may not be possible, but at least please share your build and gear information and what hotkeyed abilities you used during the fight. If nothing more than to enlighten us poor souls (or soulless!) who are doing it wrong.
    Edited by Epona222 on September 18, 2014 12:29PM

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running is usually enough. I never had to dodge. Just press "block" when the titans appear, and you will have a temporary super reflect ability kick in which will kill them in no time.

You do need to keep away from the red zones, but Molag Bal never heals, so as long as you don't try to face tank him, you can take your sweet time wearing him down with any attack of your choice, including light ranged attacks with a bow or a staff. You don't even need to be skilled with that weapon.
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »

I'm sorry I have no pics. But if video will do?
    http://youtu.be/N9Lu6e7j1tE

EDIT: I know it's not perfect. I take couple stupid hits that could have been avoided and I was thinking of using Reverse Slice instead of Carve but forgot to change before the fight.
    Edited by Syntse on September 18, 2014 1:29PM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    So I posted this on the Player Guide forum but only received one response so far. Being the impatient type, I'm going to also share it here in hopes of more help.

Okay...Vet 1 vampire Sorc. 5 pieces Vampire's Kiss Set, 3 Song of Lamae. All purples and blues. Light Armor, Resto Staff and Destruction Staff of Flames.
    Bar 1 I have Crystal Blast IV, Elusive Mist IV, Invigorating Drain IV, Silver Shards III, Unstable Clanfear IV, and for my Ult: Devouring Swarm IV. This is all with my Dest. Staff.
    Bar 2 I have Blessing of Protection IV, Bound Armor II, Healing Springs I, Mutagen I, and Silver Shards III and again my Ult is Devouring Swarm IV.

@MornaBaine‌, might be information overload here, but here are my suggestions from what you probably have available to you at Vet 1:

A few suggestions... I was at Vet 1 Vamp Sorc also when I finished him off.

Switch to an Ice staff with a secondary enchant, if you can. Absorb health would be a good one, as it will give you free regen since your Vamp regen is nonexistant. You can have this secondary enchant on both staves.

Daedra are generally resistant to fire, and since you aren't using Destro Touch for the knockback, ice would be a better way to go. (knock back wouldn't do anything for you on the final fight, anyway)

Crystal Blast leaves you vulnerable for almost 2 seconds. Switch to Force Shock. It hits like a truck, with all three elements, and it's an instant cast.

Skip the Mist and go for Lightning armor. You'll get increased Armor/Spell resist and do a little damage in the process. Morphed right, you'll also get the speed increase to help avoid things.

You're gonna take damage, and you can't fight back when in Mistform. A lotta movement happening here. Never stand still.

Take Drain off, at least for the final. It's powerful, but it's a one shot deal. Replace it with Entropy/Degeneration (Mage's Guild) and you also get heal + dmg.

The DoT on that one isn't grand but it will help chip away and it's a free 300 or so HP's without having to think about it. You can always recast if needing quick 100 HP heal if you cannot switch to the other bar at the moment.

Other option, if you don't have that one is Conjured Ward from the Summoning line. Morphed, you'll get almost a free 1000 HP shield.

Personally, I'd be careful with Silver Shards, as you want your stamina to be able to roll dodge when needed. Replace with Dark Exchange (Dark Magic line) for better use of your stamina in a pinch. Gives you a heal on your DPS bar, basially, plus some magicka return.

Remember, you can Block to interrupt Exchange if you need to end it early.

Unstable Clanfear is expensive for the damage it does, and since you do not have it on both bars, if you have to switch do heal, you've just lost that cast.

Conjured Ward, in place of clanfear, should go here if you've placed Drain Magicka as indicated above. Surge/Critical Surge is another possibility giving you increased damage and potential heals.

Soul trap, if you don't have either of the two above will also let you chip away at relatively low spell cost and frequency.

Bat Swarm, unless you have it morphed to Devouring Swarm, probably isn't doing you any favors either. You don't want to be that close, if you can help it.

Go for Storm Atronach if you have it, Overload if you don't. If you do have Devouring Swarm, the only benefit is that it will recharge quickly and give you some healing back. Even if you keep swarm on one bar, I'd add one of these to the other. Atronach can keep things busy while you back away, heal, and regroup. I'd probably change this on bar 2, though, if you do have Devouring (again, makes it a heal on DPS bar)

Bar two, lose the bound armor. You don't have on bar one, so everytime your switch, you lose it anyway. It's only good against physical attacks - does nothing for spells, so the benefit vs cost for you here is minor.

Healing ward would do better for you here. Cast after Conjured Ward and you'll get a nice heal every 6 seconds that Conjured holds. If Conjured breaks, you'll have an extra 300+ damage you can take without getting hit, giving you time to re-cast Conjured.

Harness Magicka from the Light Armor would also be good - gives you 50% spell protection, flat out if they other two wards break.

Mutagen and Spings are good, just don't overcast unnecessarily and eat your magicka pool. At the same time, Mutagen will give you an instant heal if you do fall below 20% I'd take Blessing off in favor of Healing ward as indicated above. You'll get the same return from Mutagen if your health falls that low.

Silver Shards not needed on both bars. Switch it with Velocious Curse if you have it, Daedric Curse if you don't. It's a fire and forget that will chip away without leaving you in limbo.

This gives you some damage on your heal bar and heals on your damage bar, so you'll never be caught in an oh **** situation.

Use heavy restro attacks when you can for free magicka return (10% each complete heavy) and interchange between your other skills to get better resource management.

ANY time you're not casting something else or blocking, a heavy Restro attack should be taking place. If your passives are set right, you'll also get some free heal from this as well.

Keep your shields up, always, as they're get-outta-damage free cards that give you time to heal underneath.

Listen for the explosion of Curse and cast again. Block as you go, you won't save much damage with the staff, but you'll save some.

Bar 1: Force Shock, Lightning Armor, Degeneration, Dark Exchange, Conjured Ward / Critical Surge / Soul Trap ULT Batswarm

Bar 2: Healing Ward, Mutagen, Healing Springs, Harness Magicka, Velocious Curse ULT Storm Atronach or Overload

If you do not harness Magicka and/or Curse, you can add Blessing back, Soul trap (if not on bar one), or Mage's Fury.

Drink health or magicka potions before you're low (Quickslotted) and you'll be regenning as you're taking damage and your cooldown will be over before you need the next one.

If you do have Degeneration/Entropy, you can fire it on Molag and each add for +100 health per enemy every 10 or so seconds. That's a huge return.

Mutagen, Conjured Ward, Healing Ward, Harness Magicka before you even get started. Gets already regenning health and shielded from the first 1000 damage easily.

Use Curse periodically, heavy Restro when lower on Magicka or opportunity arrises, hit with Force Shock when he's away and you have plenty of resources.

Keep Entropy/Degen going, Soul trap for irony and easy damage over time.

Every little bit helps.

Always be on the move, and spend your Ultimates the moment they're ready. They'll always recharge. He'll always come find you.

Lastly, if at all possible, since your Vamp skills are not on the bar (with the exception of Ult), try to be as close to Stage 1 as you can, before you start.

Use Restro as your primary bar, adding damage when you can.

This is not a 60 second fight. Concentrate first on survival, second on damage. Curse, Restro hits, and Degen will do the trick - it will just take a while.

You've got this.

Good luck, and let us know how you fare.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes that will do, actually that's awesome, I'm impressed.

However, we are not here to boast, we are here to help out other players - if you could please detail what was on your skillbar (and which skills you found most useful) and what weapons and armor you were using, I am sure that would be a MASSIVE help to other players who are having trouble with this fight :)
    Edited by Epona222 on September 18, 2014 1:31PM

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well NOW my problem seems to be not being able to stay out of the way of those damn giant rocks the jerk it hurling at you ON YOUR WAY TO HIM. The mobs are no big deal at all but no matter how I try to stay aware of the red circles and dodge and move it just seems like I'm moving too slowly to avoid the boulders falling from the sky. I'll survive ONE but inevitably 2 will hit me close enough together that I'm toast. I know many of you will be shaking your heads and saying L2P but frankly I'm about ready to uninstall. I had very little problem with Mannimarco, which I'm told is one of the harder fights, but this is absolutely ridiculous. Apparently I just suck.
    Edited by MornaBaine on September 18, 2014 2:02PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

However, we are not here to boast, we are here to help out other players - if you could please detail what was on your skillbar and what weapons and armor you were using, I am sure that would be a MASSIVE help to other players who are having trouble with this fight :)

Certainly my purpose is not to boast in any way, just saying that it seems to be easier for melee than caster/ranged. Why I was not telling how I did it in this thread before was cause OP is sorc and anything in my way would have not helped him. So I just gave the most simplest solution.

Of course from the video one can pick up the skills used. But I'll list build here just in case.

Armor(medium)+Weapon:
    - 5 x Song of Lamae
    - 3 x Ashen Grip
    Think armor was green quality and weapon blue with mix of health and stamina glyphs (drops). Now I cannot remember was it before the sets change, anyway those were the sets used at that time before or after. Currently I use different sets as those above are no longer valid for the build (Current:Whitestrake's Retribution+Hunding Rage all blue).

I had lvl 50 health and stamina food and some health,stamina,mana potions. My stats are divided mana:5/health:34/stam:10.

Skill bar:
    - Volatile armor
    - Carve
    - Igneous weapons
    - Sea of flames
    - Green dragon blood

Think I ended up using sea of flames only couple of times and green dragon blood couple of times. Volatile armor think only once at the start and not sure did I use Igneous weapons at all(would have helped though). Rest of the time it was only light attack and carve. Also I was thinking of using Reverse Slice instead of Carve but forgot to change.

Then something little about myself too, I'm not pro mmo gamer in any means. This is my first mmo. However I have always liked rpgs and played those quite some (on paper and on console and pc). So please nobody take what I have wrote as pro-tip. I do not follow any working builds and have purely selected skills based on what I think I like and need and what might work on situation.

Edit: forgot to mention that armors were all medium.
    Edited by Syntse on September 18, 2014 3:34PM
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well NOW my problem seems to be not being able to stay out of the way of those damn giant rocks the jerk it hurling at you ON YOUR WAY TO HIM. The mobs are no big deal at all but no matter how I try to stay aware of the red circles and dodge and move it just seems like I'm moving too slowly to avoid the boulders falling from the sky. I'll survive ONE but inevitably 2 will hit me close enough together that I'm toast. I know many of you will be shaking your heads and saying L2P but frankly I'm about ready to uninstall. I had very little problem with Mannimarco, which I'm told is one of the harder fights, but this is absolutely ridiculous. Apparently I just suck.

Don't give up... there has been many in the same situation as you have and eventually succeeded. It will be most likely the most success feeling for you as for many others it has been bit disappointment. Remember to heal and drink potions and if heavy attacks are too slow then use light attacks. Some people have said that it has taken them over 30mins to fight this one.

You might be similar to my wife who has used to mobs drop in couple of seconds and once fight starts to last over minute she starts to panic and then forget to check health and heal etc. As addition I could say keep the mage shield up too all the time you'll take some less damage. You'll do it!
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

However, we are not here to boast, we are here to help out other players - if you could please detail what was on your skillbar and what weapons and armor you were using, I am sure that would be a MASSIVE help to other players who are having trouble with this fight :)

Certainly my purpose is not to boast in any way, just saying that it seems to be easier for melee than caster/ranged. Why I was not telling how I did it in this thread before was cause OP is sorc and anything in my way would have not helped him. So I just gave the most simplest solution.

Of course from the video one can pick up the skills used. But I'll list build here just in case.

Armor+Weapon:
    - 5 x Song of Lamae
    - 3 x Ashen Grip
    Think armor was green quality and weapon blue with mix of health and stamina glyphs (drops). Now I cannot remember was it before the sets change, anyway those were the sets used at that time before or after. Currently I use different sets as those above are no longer valid for the build (Current:Whitestrake's Retribution+Hunding Rage all blue).

I had lvl 50 health and stamina food and some health,stamina,mana potions. My stats are divided mana:5/health:34/stam:10.

Skill bar:
    - Volatile armor
    - Carve
    - Igneous weapons
    - Sea of flames
    - Green dragon blood

Think I ended up using sea of flames only couple of times and green dragon blood couple of times. Volatile armor think only once at the start and not sure did I use Igneous weapons at all(would have helped though). Rest of the time it was only light attack and carve. Also I was thinking of using Reverse Slice instead of Carve but forgot to change.

Then something little about myself too, I'm not pro mmo gamer in any means. This is my first mmo. However I have always liked rpgs and played those quite some (on paper and on console and pc). So please nobody take what I have wrote as pro-tip. I do not follow any working builds and have purely selected skills based on what I think I like and need and what might work on situation.

That is awesome, really useful info that may well be helpful to other players. Thank you for sharing it.
    Not everyone can craft Song of Lamae armor at that level (the research times to get 5 traits means it may not be possible for more recent players to the game to be able to craft themselves). But you do not need this armor, I did it with mostly armor from loot drops, also I like the Ashen Grip set which you can craft with just 2 traits.

Please don't think I hate you because I asked these questions, because that is not the case at all - it's just that when a thread comes up where people have been having problems in a fight and we're all trying to help as best we can and then someone pops up and says they did it really easily but then doesn't share any info... well you can see what I am saying, I hope. So thanks very much for posting, hopefully it will help some folks get through that fight, and that's great. :)

EDIT: I assume "Sea of flames" is a morph of "Inferno"? I am nearly VR2 and still don't have that, but for others in the same boat I would like to suggest that Inhale is a good aoe with a heal and could be a good alternative.
    Edited by Epona222 on September 18, 2014 2:32PM

• Tenofas
    Tenofas
    ✭✭✭
    Just keep moving away from him all the time, never stand still, NEVER! Dodge-roll, parry and all you need is a single ranged skill. If you really can't do it with just a single skill, get a second one (healing) and do it with your eyes closed.
    Tenofas
    Redguard stamina Nightblade (CP 810) - Daggerfall Covenant
    PC - EU
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was running Night's Silence and

I included all this because when I took my sorcerer in there, magic was not the way to attack him. I used my Bow. The first time I set up my bars for full on magic DPS and Shielding and was loaded for bear. This load out allows me to take out 10,000 point bosses in just a short period of time. Nope, nada, did not work on Molag.

So, since my DK took out Molag with a Bow at level 15, I decided to try that.

I had Surge, Boundless Storm (any armor increasing skill will work) and, well, that's all I used. I just kept the Surge Up, spammed the Boundless Storm every 5 seconds, and then ran backwards spamming light bow attacks. I even had Bolt Escape on the bar but did not use it. I did have a health potion qued up on the Quick Bar and took that everytime the cool down timer would let me.

Edited by Nestor on September 18, 2014 2:52PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How would a dual-wielding NB best defeat him?
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreySix wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNgg_RqropE

• Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EDIT: I assume "Sea of flames" is a morph of "Inferno"? I am nearly VR2 and still don't have that, but for others in the same boat I would like to suggest that Inhale is a good aoe with a heal and could be a good alternative.

Indeed sea of flames is morph from inferno. Think I've raised some skills while farming for mats to construct my medium armors. Also I might have read about all bookcases there are on the way to vet. I might have been bit slow going to vet as I think I was somewhere 6 pieces of traits researched on all medium at least by the time I hit vet. Oh yeah and that was one thing missing that I used all medium armor.

• AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In the end I just gave up. I couldn't do it even with the best advice using similar build to the OP. Nothing wrong with the advice at all, that was sound. I can deal with the titans as long as I can keep Molag Bal off me for a moment or two - couple of reflecting blocks puts them down.

However, as an oldie with limited finger dexterity, I just couldn't keep my distance; I'd get stuck on rubble and other clutter around the area, at which point I just got stomped. People say it's an easy fight and I have no doubt it is for someone with full use of their hands, but for me with hands left crippled and weak after a stroke, it's pretty much impossible. Before then, I'm sure I'd have strolled this one easily.

And what exactly is the point of the 5 companions anyway, when all the game does is throw you in alone without them to at least be there to distract the big guy? OK, one becomes unavailable part way through the quest, but what about the other three? Why are they not there to back you up? Is there a point to them at all then? Then there's the fact that all main quest stuff is forced solo - I can't even ask a guildie to help. I found a few fights in the main quest impossible to do until I over-levelled them because of the problem with lack of dexterity.

What this game really needs is to get rid of the 'forced' solo and group, and make it all optional for one person or more as needed, scaling up and down as required. I'm not asking for a nerf to Mr Bal - oh dear me no, don't nerf the guy - just give us the options to ask for help instead of forcing solo upon us.

Similar with group only content - dungeons are ok, I actually enjoy grouping for those, but a whole area to explore where you're forced to do so in a group - and maybe that group doesn't want to hang around while you poke into every nook and cranny along the way like I invariably do!

So, sadly, I've had to leave my main character standing at the steps to Bal's arena, scratching his head in frustration, and play an alt instead of trying out the VR content which I was looking forward to at least having a try at.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, so need a bow. My character doesn't have one. He uses dual-wielding daggers and a resto staff.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, so need a bow. My character doesn't have one. He uses dual-wielding daggers and a resto staff.

Should watch it fully... I start with bow but soon notice that it's not going to work and go with dw.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Indeed sea of flames is morph from inferno. Think I've raised some skills while farming for mats to construct my medium armors. Also I might have read about all bookcases there are on the way to vet. I might have been bit slow going to vet as I think I was somewhere 6 pieces of traits researched on all medium at least by the time I hit vet. Oh yeah and that was one thing missing that I used all medium armor.

I should have been clearer, I have inferno, but haven't used it enough yet to morph it. So many aoe skills and only a few slots on the hotbars!

• Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭

rofl! dodge.......double tap a direction AWAY from those. This fight was seriously the easiest one in the game and VERY anti-climatic. I killed him before they nerfed the fight. Killed him on my second character after he wasnt as hard as before, and let me tell you what.....ZZZZzzZZZZzzzz fight. Wish you the best of luck ^_^ Learn the mechanics of the game and he is cake walk