Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 3, 2:00AM EDT (6:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

NB wishes, Nerf magelight.

Mograineb16_ESO
Mograineb16_ESO
✭✭✭
Can you make it so that it doesnt remove shadow cloak invisible please.

If you grant me this wish, I will never need to die again, I will always be able to escape and my ganker life will be perfect :)

Edit: I want magelight to be used for detecting people sneaking, not breaking my class ability aka cloak.

Edit2: Ive been convinced that my wish was foolish and that im wishing for too much... Therefore I retract my wish and I think magelight fine as it is. Congratulations magelight lovers, you just destroyed this poor nightblade dreams of being OP :'(
Edited by Mograineb16_ESO on September 16, 2014 3:39AM
  • Engelin
    Engelin
    ✭✭
    I do hope u are kidding.
    Options
  • SeltzerDuke
    SeltzerDuke
    ✭✭✭
    judgingyou2_zps26c28d79.gif
    Options
  • Mograineb16_ESO
    Mograineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Engelin wrote: »
    I do hope u are kidding.
    Im not kidding, magelight is the only thing that gives me a headache. There is no effort in using it, most people use it to increase their spell crit and now they suddenly can prevent me from using my only escape ability?

If you ever used magelight, you will now how funny it is when you run after the nb and he spams cloak and you see it fail, while you are killing him.

I dont want people to beat me because they have a passive toggled skill on their bar.

Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have played Nightblade since Beta.

I do not take issue with Magelight.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
    Options
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So you want them to remove the counter to your build just so your playstyle can be easier. Good one.

rip decibel
    Options
  • Mograineb16_ESO
    Mograineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »

I dont know how you play, but there is no nightblade getting away from a person with magelight if they know how to play.
    Draxys wrote: »
    So you want them to remove the counter to your build just so your playstyle can be easier. Good one.
    No I want to remove the counter to NBs only escape ability.

Edit: Its like if they gave everyone a skill called anti mage, which gives you 20% spell crit and makes bolt escape unusable within 12 meters of you.

You think sorcerers will be happy now and think its okey, because its the exactly same thing, it targets one class and one ability. Their escape/ offensive ability, just like cloak.
    Edited by Mograineb16_ESO on September 14, 2014 4:03PM
    Options
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he means shadow only which cannot be maintained very long. I am a NB, and I think this would make the game very frustrating for a lot of people. Not good.
    Options
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play NB, and I'd like a buff to magelight so I can more efficiently hunt down other NBs. >:)
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont know how you play, but there is no nightblade getting away from a person with magelight if they know how to play.

Edit: Its like if they gave everyone a skill called anti mage, which gives you 20% spell crit and makes bolt escape unusable within 12 meters of you.

You think sorcerers will be happy now and think its okey, because its the exactly same thing, it targets one class and one ability. Their escape/ offensive ability, just like cloak.

Regardless you are trying to remove a counter just so your ability is far more powerful.... its the only counter (potions can't really be counted as a counter). You shouldn't get a free escape always that would be, by definition, broken. Are you serious?
    Options
  • Mograineb16_ESO
    Mograineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »

Regardless you are trying to remove a counter just so your ability is far more powerful.... its the only counter (potions can't really be counted as a counter). You shouldn't get a free escape always that would be, by definition, broken. Are you serious?
    Does it need a counter? Then I want a counter on magelight, give me a spell that can turn the light off.

I have mark target skill on nb, which makes me see people in stealth, but atleast that is counterable, with dispell.

Options
  • Luvsfuzzybunnies
    Luvsfuzzybunnies
    ✭✭✭

Please campaign against bolt escape we need more good men since there is no counter to that escape currently. I would be in favor of a skill such that was mentioned above for stopping bolt escape if we want to continue to allow magelight to affect invisibility and not just sneak.
    Jukette VR12 DC Nightblade 14 day campaign.
    Kitten Kisser VR12 DC Sorcerer 14 day campaign
    Options
  • Luvsfuzzybunnies
    Luvsfuzzybunnies
    ✭✭✭

Not a free escape roots and aoe abilities still affect the nightblade as well as stuns and knockdown used at the same time. Even if you could not see Invisible targets not sneaking players mind you but invisible targets each class have plenty of skills that root or snare or stun or knock down the nightblade and those effects are visible even when the nb hits cloak after the status effect is applied so it is never a guaranteed escape like bolt escape. If they added a sheild or heal to the cloak ability and left magelight detect it i would be fine with that.
    Options
  • GreyPilgrim
    GreyPilgrim
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, even as an NB I have to say 'no' on that one. I would like to see NB have more of an advantage in stealth, perhaps it's own passive decreasing detection radius, instead of relying on racial's and armor passives.

But yeah, if a target is running Magelight either A ) pick another target, B ) don't attack alone, and/or C ) kill them, don't run away. If you've adequately jacked them it should be THEM popping BE to get out, or some other panic button skill, not you trying to escape.

And if it's because they ganked you, well, that's a different story, I think stealth should be weaker for non-NB's overall, and I think it's kind of ridiculous that you can be stealthed and run Magelight at the same time (at least as ridiculous as the high stealth movement speed they just decided to nerf).

So maybe a nerf that you can't run magelight while you are stealthed yourself, but even that I think needs some careful consideration.
    Edited by GreyPilgrim on September 14, 2014 5:43PM
    Options
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bolt escape is bs, but don't make permastealth possible. Guildwars had perma stealthing thieves and people hate that garbage. Even as a NB, I don't think this is necessary.
    Options
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hell to the no.

Mages light is the only counter I have to avoid perma cc by vampires who like to abuse the fact that you can't cc break while being fed on and have no immunity to being fed on.

Edited by Sypher on September 14, 2014 6:16PM
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
    Options
  • Luvsfuzzybunnies
    Luvsfuzzybunnies
    ✭✭✭
    Not looking for permanent stealth but a class ability that isn't negated so completely by any cc or magelight. I hate to keep.comparing it to.other class abilities but let's go down this road again. What if your dragon scales stopped reflecting or just didn't reflect at all be cause of a stun or snare or dot you applied to a target. Same for GDB except it didn't heal you or replenished 5% health instead of 60%( which is quite a lot for the cost of that spell as it is but that is a whole other issue and deserves it's own thread) and prevented the stamina regen buff. DK would.cry bloody murder but it would put them in check with other classes. Same for sorc with roots or snares. Roots you go no where in be which should be the case. Snares and personal negative effects cast on enemy players got a % less say 50% less distance why does this not already work like this? Templars I actually think are in a decent spot blazing sheild might be slightly too powerful at the moment but is already being looked at. But let's say blazing sheild was negated by stuns and cut in half by snares or personal dots. All of these things affect the nightblade escape skill. Including a potion to.negate the effect as well. When there are such counters for.the other class escape and utility that match the counters available vs the nightblade class then sure that's called balance. Im.not even asking to not be ccd or hit in stealth just for the ability to actually work as intended I would even take the same nerfs BE got to be able to.actually stealth for 2.9 seconds like the ability calls for.

Edit: I would even take a 3 or 4 second cooldown after ability ends to not be detected for.the full 2.9.
    Edited by Luvsfuzzybunnies on September 14, 2014 7:14PM
    Options
  • elwhy
    elwhy
    ✭✭✭

It's not a free escape, it costs quite a bit of magic to use, and how would this be considered a "free escape" but bolt escape isn't? Both abilities can get you out of a sticky situation, but come at a cost.

I thought mages light was designed to see people sneaking or using potions, and boy was I surprised when it worked on dark cloak... As was mentioned, there are no other skills or abilities that totally counteract bolt escape or GDB or anything. So I think it makes sense there shouldn't be something to counteract our skill.

However, I agree in that I'm not sure if it would become OP and ridiculous. I'm just saying it seems unfair and to me our class ability, that I think helps define a nightblade (being invisible), should be more powerful than mages light. But the game is still fun :D
    Edited by elwhy on September 14, 2014 7:36PM
    Options
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it need a counter? Then I want a counter on magelight, give me a spell that can turn the light off.

Every NB has a counter to magelight.... it is the skills on their hotbar. Use them correctly to kill your opponent to counter magelight.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
    Options
  • GRxKnight
    GRxKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one of those threads where you tell the OP to L2P and stop the QQ
    Member of Victorem, RÁGE ; Decibel Alumni (RIP)

Kalista Schefer: VR16 AD Sorcerer; Alliance Rank 22

Noxus-Katarina: VR16 AD NB; Alliance Rank 30

Grxknight: VR16 AD DK; Alliance Rank 16

Lorelie Aedel: VR16 AD Templar; Alliance Rank 8
    Options
  • Mograineb16_ESO
    Mograineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Poxheart wrote: »

Every NB has a counter to magelight.... it is the skills on their hotbar. Use them correctly to kill your opponent to counter magelight.
    Yeah, and thats what I do, but when that doesnt work, theres a skill called magelight and it removes the function of a skill on my bar called cloak.
    GRxKnight wrote: »
    This is one of those threads where you tell the OP to L2P and stop the QQ
    Its not a l2p issue.

If you actually played NB as your signature says, you would now magelight is a problem against shadow cloak.

Edited by Mograineb16_ESO on September 14, 2014 7:46PM
    Options
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play a NB and have never found magelight to be a problem.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
    Options
  • Mograineb16_ESO
    Mograineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Troll...

This whole topic is about magelight making cloak skill useless, its not if you have problems or not vs people with magelight. I killed hundreds of people who use magelight, but ive died many times also because when the *** hits the fan, cloak fails because theres 3 people running ontop of me with magelight.

Options
  • Skylandra
    Skylandra
    ✭✭✭

If you grant me this wish, I will never need to die again, I will always be able to escape and my ganker life will be perfect :)

The magelight animation is kinda obvious... don't gank them if you see it - or don't run away!!
    Options
  • Mograineb16_ESO
    Mograineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Skylandra wrote: »

The magelight animation is kinda obvious... don't gank them if you see it - or don't run away!!
    Alot of times the graphic is bugged and the glowing ball doesnt show. Not that this matter, because it shouldnt make our cloak skill unusable.. :)

I dont think its fair that everyone has been given a skill that completely neglects our trademark skill cloak.

Options
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what if magelight detects you? Every skill with an unusual functionality needs a counter. That's why purge is a counter to piercing mark.

Also, saying that there is no "counter" to magelight is just ridiculous, because magelight itself does not have any unusual functionality that needs to be countered.
    Options
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troll...

This whole topic is about magelight making cloak skill useless, its not if you have problems or not vs people with magelight. I killed hundreds of people who use magelight, but ive died many times also because when the *** hits the fan, cloak fails because theres 3 people running ontop of me with magelight.

I am a NB and I too haven't found magelight to be a problem. I don't want permastealth bs like they have in Guild Wars 2. It wrecked that game. No thanks.

Options
  • Skylandra
    Skylandra
    ✭✭✭

Alot of times the graphic is bugged and the glowing ball doesnt show. Not that this matter, because it shouldnt make our cloak skill unusable.. :)

I dont think its fair that everyone has been given a skill that completely neglects our trademark skill cloak.
    Zeni needs to update the Nightblade class in the creation tooltip to neglected. Then you can consider it fixed....
    That being said, I dont like it when they (you nightblades) try to gank my critt resist build with 3600 hp and can then run away (he does not use mage light) when their burst takes me to 40% and I start hitting back, at this point I consider putting mage light on my bar just for the gratification of killing you slippery....!!
    Options
  • Mograineb16_ESO
    Mograineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Zeni needs to update the Nightblade class in the creation tooltip to neglected. Then you can consider it fixed....
    That being said, I dont like it when they (you nightblades) try to gank my critt resist build with 3600 hp and can then run away (he does not use mage light) when their burst takes me to 40% and I start hitting back, at this point I consider putting mage light on my bar just for the gratification of killing you slippery....!!
    Yep :smile: The solution would be to make magelight action skill instead of toggle, so when you see a nb, you mark him with ball of light, and I can dispell that ball of light. Sounds fair to me.

Would kinda work like now with increase crit and make people in sneak visible around you, but you also use magelight and it sends a aoe ring of balls around you that sticks to people so they cant stealth for a few seconds.

One of the problems I have with magelight is that its a passive skill, you dont do anything and you prevent me from using my escape with no counter.

OR anything similar to make it more of a choice to take me out of stealth instead of just running next to me. Maybe you have to choose morph on magelight, and that only one of them makes my stealth useless, but you get no crit or something.

Right now using magelight is win win, no negatives.
    Edited by Mograineb16_ESO on September 14, 2014 9:37PM
    Options
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I play NB and love magelight, it is on my PvP bar and helps me get the jump on my sneaky cousins on the opposition.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like it better when Inner Light only revealed people who sneak in the 'regular' way, but not people who sneak in the 'magic' way (read: dark cloak etc).
    Options