The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Tales of the Dead Winners 8/29"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for our Tales of the Dead winners announcement article. Thank you to all who participated. We'll be holding this contest again, so keep an eye out!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Kre
    Kre
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats to the winners! =D
    I'll stab you. I'll stab you until your dead. Then, I will stab you again. Just to be sure that your dead.
  • Dalori
    Dalori
    ✭✭
    Great stories! I especially liked the skellies eating cheese!
  • Nivzruo_ESO
    Nivzruo_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fabulous! A fun read!
    Nelgyntc- V14 NB
  • Fair_Astrea
    Fair_Astrea
    ✭✭
    So many of the entries were amusing and fun to read. I am so glad I wasn't a judge. Congrats to the winners!!
  • Genesismech98
    Genesismech98
    Soul Shriven
    I wish I would've known, im a writer and already writin my own book. I could have made a way better story than any of these.
  • Vizzinator
    Vizzinator
    Soul Shriven
    Congratz to the winners! I like Bad Monday the best.
  • Tiruviel
    Tiruviel
    I wish I would've known, im a writer and already writin my own book. I could have made a way better story than any of these.

So you found out about the winners - how come you didn't find out about the contest? It was announced the same way.

Congratulations winners! :) It can't have been easy to pick them, there were several great stories. I've started reading through all the contributions, found here:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/126012/tales-of-the-dead-contest-entry-thread/p1
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gratz to the winners. I guess l know for next time that they don't want epic poems - though that is the most traditional form of storytelling :)
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Michael308
    Michael308
    ✭✭✭
    Many thanks; to the judges for plowing through all of our work and to everybody who has worked to build Tamriel over these many years and giving us a playground we all love. Big congrats to my fellow winners and to everyone who submitted.
    Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.
  • Kos
    Kos
    ✭✭✭
    Gratz to the winners. By the way if you want to visit this famous place it's in Bangkorai, I have just found it.It's called Gjarma's Rock North East from Mournoth Dolmen in Northern Bangkorai. There you will find out why they were killed.
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of these stories were very entertaining, though I gotta say the first story was my favorite. It almost felt like I was reading an in-game book.
    Edited by LtCrunch on August 31, 2014 9:51PM
    NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

• LadyKaliska
    Congratulations to the winners. It was definitely a fun tale to write! I can only imagine what it was like to read so many, and to have to pick only three amongst some really great stories in there! (I know, I read through some myself and lots of people had cool ideas!)
  • ForfiniteStories
    ForfiniteStories
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to congratulate the winners. I saw many but read only a few and knew then that I was up against some really good competition, but still I wrote, just for the fun of it all. :)
  • Laylla
    Laylla
    Soul Shriven
    Oh My!
    I had completely forgotten I had submitted something for this. I did not win this time, but I did have fun writing it and reading the other submissions. We have some very talented people out here! Grats to the winners!

Huzzah!
  • Laylla
    Laylla
    Soul Shriven

You're adorable.

• Genesismech98
    Genesismech98
    Soul Shriven
    I will write next time and I will win. Also, my comment did its job. I planted the seed of pretention and it has sewn strife in its wake. I did like the stories, especially the arrow to the knee bit, but that doesn't change the fact that I could've done better. If you don't believe, watch. One does not simply beat Genesismech98. Lord of the Rings meme ref
  • insanitywelcomeb14_ESO
    insanitywelcomeb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Grats to the winners! I had fun writing for this contest, and though I did not win. I still would do it again because I love writing fantasy and scifi stuff. Grats winners!!!!
  • Mother_Goose
    Mother_Goose
    ✭✭
    The second was definitely my favorite <3 Good stuff- made me knock the rust off and put something on paper which I had not done in a long time. And Genesismech98 I know I for one find myself quite looking forward to reviewing your expert examples of wordcraft in the hopes of redeeming the puny, driveling attempts of these amateur hack enthusiasts. Certainly your sublime deftness at public interface on these poor forums has already captured my attention and dare I say - affections? I await your masterpiece with bated breath!
    ...13 toons. I promise..I won't make more....ok I may have an alt problem.
    FOR THE PACT!
  • Genesismech98
    Genesismech98
    Soul Shriven
    Challenge accepted.
  • Genesismech98
    Genesismech98
    Soul Shriven
    In the words of Katt Williams, "All a N**** want is for a chance to show the world they ain't bullsh*ttin"
  • Genesismech98
    Genesismech98
    Soul Shriven
    Oh, and mother goose, if your post was some sort of failed attempt at sarcasm as well as an attempt to dishevel me with the use of large vocabulary, it didn't work. Honestly, could it be more obvious? Who speaks in this manner in everyday conversation. I do hope these words came from you knowledge of the English language and not the encyclopedia. Oh, and p.s has in the last sentence should be have.
  • Genesismech98
    Genesismech98
    Soul Shriven
    I did enjoy reading your comment, though, mother goose. If only the general pop. did speak this way in everyday speech the American culture wouldn't be in the crisis it currently maintains. Keep up the good work, and if you can, spread that good speech and keep fighting the good fight. In all, I didn't know about the contest, and if my first comment offended, I am deeply sorry. I am truly a nice person who only enjoys making people happy and educated. The two things lacking in most of modern society. One day I hope my works will restore those qualities to the world, but until then, I will keep on writing and keep fighting for the good I know still remains. Again, I apologize.
  • Gasgiant
    Gasgiant
    Soul Shriven
    Kos wrote: »
    Gratz to the winners. By the way if you want to visit this famous place it's in Bangkorai, I have just found it.It's called Gjarma's Rock North East from Mournoth Dolmen in Northern Bangkorai. There you will find out why they were killed.

I'm going to stick to my guns and assume it was my aforementioned Cheese Barons. They are sneaky like that.

And Gene, can I call you Gene? I thought Mother_Goose was adorable. And suffice it to say, I do speak like that on occasion. And just to let you know, being a professional writer does not guarantee success in these matters. There are plenty of people with writing and artistic talent on the level with 'professionals' that have just never been lucky and/or had the desire to get paid for it.
  • Genesismech98
    Genesismech98
    Soul Shriven
    No, you may not call me Gene. I have no quarrel with the writers, but I do have problems with the fact that a general populace can read the first paragraph of a 3 part comment and completely disregard the latter parts. Also, it isn't my problem if they have no claim to fame. That is not of my concern. I love this though. I love the spark of quarrel and debate. It helps restore some sort of intellectual stimuli to this otherwise ignorant world.
  • Gasgiant
    Gasgiant
    Soul Shriven
    But I didn't. I focused on the first and second major posts you made. Discounting those two single line responses. I, however, did choose to ignore responding to the third one, as I had no issue with it.
  • Genesismech98
    Genesismech98
    Soul Shriven
    Oh, I am truly sorry, I should have said four parts. But as the fourth part of the comment was twice the size of all the others combined, I would say you should have noticed it. Why don't you go back and read part four of this riveting four part journey then write back if you don't like it.
    -signed GENE -_-
  • Epic Bread Woman
    Epic Bread Woman
    Soul Shriven
    Everything looks nice and good but whoever pick-up second one and let it win don't know lore correctly:P What the hell is monday? In Nirn there is no such day...