The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Guild Heraldry on Guards

ZOS_BrianWheeler
ZOS_BrianWheeler
PvP & Combat Lead
Hey gang!

We have seen reports of Guild Heraldry appearing on NPC's in Cyrodiil in claimed keeps and resources and wanted to let you know there are some cases where Heraldry may not appear. We are looking into these cases and how to fix them as we'd rather not shut them off completely in the meantime.
Wheeler
ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
Staff Post
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    erm - any chance you could divert the manpower and resources needed for fixing that, into fixing postern doors etc instead?

ty

D.
    Stands in Puddles VR12 NB
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dleatherus wrote: »
    erm - any chance you could divert the manpower and resources needed for fixing that, into fixing postern doors etc instead?

ty

D.

Seriously
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, at least now you can enjoy looking at those pretty guild tabards while being pummeled to death on a non-working door ...
    ;-)
  • DemonNinja
    DemonNinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey gang!

We have seen reports of Guild Heraldry appearing on NPC's in Cyrodiil in claimed keeps and resources and wanted to let you know there are some cases where Heraldry may not appear. We are looking into these cases and how to fix them as we'd rather not shut them off completely in the meantime.

To be frank, I could care less about this cosmetic feature. How about you send those developers over to some bugs and issues that need to be fixed and are game breaking? You priorities are mildly disturbing. Unless you have interns working on this I would rather see the resources be put on more meaningful projects.
    • Memory leak still exists, though better.
    • Bugged postern doors.
    • Streak bug where Sorc's don't move forward.
    • The fact that 10 people can be alive on a flag and 40 enemies can still cap...
    • This list goes on...
    @DemonNinja
    Aerilon Starsider - Best Sorcerer NA
    World Record Trial Team Member & Game Breaker of Days Past
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Well, at least now you can enjoy looking at those pretty guild tabards while being pummeled to death on a non-working door ...
    ;-)

Seriously had a big chuckle from me on this comment. I was going to give you a LOL but since most people use that as a negative +1 awesome from me.
  • quakedawg_ESO
    quakedawg_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    More resources dedicated to improve interior lighting please!
    Pro Tip: Form a group of 4 and hang out with the zerg. Now you can claim you only run with 4. I'm l33t

'I've never died in AvA. Undefeated!'
    'My group of 4 will often take on 100+ with no problem. I have videos to prove it'
    'All the abilities on my keyboard require real skill to spam'
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    @Dleatherus‌ We have resources working on the door issues too and they're just as tricky as nailing down the Forward Camp issues we've seen.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha ha math is hard
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This game...
    :(
    Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on August 26, 2014 1:50PM
    :trollin:
  • Citidel
    Citidel
    ✭✭✭
    @Dleatherus‌ We have resources working on the door issues too and they're just as tricky as nailing down the Forward Camp issues we've seen.
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌

How long has this been worked on?

since release or in the past week?

do you have a timetable that says it'll be fixed before 1.4 drops and we have more issues?

Do we have a chance at seeing it fixed sooner rather then later?

Have the people that originally wrote the doors in cyrodiil been told they did it wrong and told to rewrite it since launch?

Why is this not a #1 issue that is getting fixed before attempting to push new content?

Is PVP such a 2nd string item that PVE content is worth more manpower?

This is a fundamental thing that effects EVERYONE in PVP, forward camps are a joke in comparison. Break Forward Camps again if it means that posterns work, people will complain but lord being able to actually walk into the posterns 100% of the time would be a great change.

Them Not working makes me not want Imperial City to EVER happen; I played Oblivion, its a city... there are Doors EVERYWHERE. If they do not work then Imperial City will be a joke and game over for any PVP content beyond that. Why? because you could not fix a fundamental issue that has plagued PVP and instead decided to plop down new content on a broken system hoping we would forget what still isn't fixed...

Rewrite doors, fix them, make them work. Delay releases, Delay changes, Delay content. Fix what is broke dont just twiddle your thumbs and wait for it to be fixed. It shouldn't be an "every keep is different" thing it should be: here is the code for all postern doors and how they work, we just have to toggle which side is out and go from there. You guys use set pieces for everything... everything should be the same... not 20 different sets of code for the same thing at different angles...

If your code is so spaghetti that it cannot be fixed quickly (2 weeks tops) you did something seriously wrong. If it is being handled by 1 person because everyone else is moved to console... dear god why?

I'm still waiting for ESO to get out of beta, but I fear that the lack of communication and the lack of fixes to broken things is just going to break the game before it has a chance to shine. PVP is awesome... if you fight in a field and dont have to use a door... or a camp... or anything else...

Then after doors are fixed... move on to the next set of items... in order of "effect" and how it makes your game feel to new players...

TLDR: Fix Doors... dear god fix doors...
    Edited by Citidel on August 26, 2014 5:17PM
    Citidel
    Officer of The Noore
    Leader of the Water Cu

"Posts and comments are not necessarily the feelings of The Noore or Water Cu as I am my own person with my own opinions"
  • quakedawg_ESO
    quakedawg_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing it has more to do with the server and server load. If you wander through an empty campaign you won't find a single door that you can't open. Not that I'm defending Dev here but it's probably not as cut and dried as it appears.

They have so many exploits flying around Cyrodiil right now I would hope their resource allocation is targeting those issues first. I would hope.
    Pro Tip: Form a group of 4 and hang out with the zerg. Now you can claim you only run with 4. I'm l33t

'I've never died in AvA. Undefeated!'
    'My group of 4 will often take on 100+ with no problem. I have videos to prove it'
    'All the abilities on my keyboard require real skill to spam'