The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Dragonstar Arena PTS Challenge

• Pleira
    Pleira
    I think the abilty-altering enchantments are pretty unique at the moment...
  • kosac
    kosac
    ✭✭✭
    i dont understand vr13 drop in vr14 content :(
  • Medakon
    Medakon
    ✭✭✭
    kosac wrote: »

I think it's supposed to be vr 13 until stage 7+, then it should be vr 14 so people can't farm first boss. But we kept geting vr13 after stage 7 :( I also got boots of the footman vr 13 after I killed last boss on hardmode... My friend got the master sword :/
    Edited by Medakon on September 3, 2014 11:13AM
    Medakon - Legendary Super Hero Professional Assassin Nightblade from Tamriel who do different stuff B)
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As a further aside, agree with the Hodor comment on itemisation, what it means for motivating people to try it and what the approach to loot means for the interest and longevity of the game overall. IMO, ZOS needs to add some unique, random and rare drops to have people strongly motivated to try and beat this content.

Agreed 100%, the same goes for PVP. Cyrodiil and Raids (arena/serpent/other content) are fun but ultimately unrewarding as they end up being "for the lulz" with no long-term progression to them. Adopt DAOC's realm rank system for pvp/rvr... and add some longer-term tiers/earnable items/very rare drops ton accrue/etc. for the raids, and we'll see a lot more participation+longevity to the gameplay of both.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Medakon wrote: »
    Gyudan wrote: »
    @TheMast3r : could you post more pictures of the dropped items?

Stage 1 to 9 drops:

Note: These drop for vr 13 and vr 14 depending on how far you have gotten and how lucky you are.

All these sets should have 7 armour pieces and 3 jewlery. (Only found jewlery for Footman and Healer atm)

(snip)

Stage 10 drop

qxwp5gu9vpgr.png

We only got that from last boss atm, he should be dropping other weapon pieces with similar enchantments. I belive the restoration staff gives you an enchantment with the ability to restore stamina with grand healing ability. :smiley:

Again congratulations on beating it. I especially appreciate the picture of the stage 10 drop! I do want to note that no, the sets do not all have 3 jewelry + 7 armors available, however :). The destruction mastery for example I have received legs of and checked its item range off of the data but only found armor pieces, no jewelry or staff to it for example.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on September 3, 2014 12:06PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be worth noting some of these sets already existed they just had no Vet version available. Healer set for example existed mid 20s but was not seen again.

Maybe we'll get to see Adroitness, Akatosh or Construct at V14. Or other decent sets that exist pre-vet.

I just wish there weren't "bind on pick-up" rare drops, maybe it's just me but I always seem to get the pieces another group member wants while they get the ones I'd like.

I.E. As a staff wielding Sorc in light armor I got the Master's Sword as a drop...
    Edited by Kraven on September 3, 2014 2:13PM
    V14 - IMPERIAL NIGHTBLADE - DPS/TANK
    V13 - BRETON SORCERER - HEALS/DPS
    V2 - REDGUARD DRAGONKNIGHT - MELEE DPS
    V1 - BRETON TEMPLAR - TANK/DPS

to be continued... Nevermind, no longer "to be continued"
  • zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌

6fepwju0gwxr.jpg

This enchantment is pretty weak. You don't spam puncture as it will cause stone skin on a target if used more than twice per 10 seconds. So, actually it provides less value than a 200 pt damage shield enchant which will proc once per 4 seconds, and does not rely on the chance that you happen to need healing when you puncture.

Furthermore, a tank gets very little benefit from "sharpened" trait armor/spell penetration. And a DPS that might get benefit from the "sharpened" trait is very unlikely to use a one hand and shield ability like puncture.

Your itemization team needs to do some serious rethinking with respect to what we have seen insofar as "hard mode" or epic rewards are concerned in the game. I would be happy to consult for free. But, this is simply not a good item. This does not impress.

Grats to Hodor on your clear.
    Edited by zbtiqua on September 3, 2014 3:06PM
    Officer of Da Funk (EP NA)
    DSA Vet Fastest Time NA (83 mins)
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • kosac
    kosac
    ✭✭✭
    Medakon wrote: »
    kosac wrote: »

I think it's supposed to be vr 13 until stage 7+, then it should be vr 14 so people can't farm first boss. But we kept geting vr13 after stage 7 :( I also got boots of the footman vr 13 after I killed last boss on hardmode... My friend got the master sword :/

for me this is more like... you fail no reward for your attemts and no upgrade for you to be better
  • Calipto
    Calipto
    Soul Shriven
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    Congrats Hodor! Remember everybody, this is world first PTS. Keep pushing maybe somebody else will earn the world first that really matters :)

that is again is the only world first there is. Not only did they do it first, they also did it with character templates and not the live in game characters. with that being said i would say that a full clear with templates is far more impressive then doing it with live characters.

some people cant accept the fact the their guilds head is bigger then there actual worth.

my above statement is in no way directed at Hodor in any way, the people that pertains to know who they are.

Congrats Hodor, WKB has been pushing to clear first, but you beat us to it. Way to go and looking forward to seeing more from you guys.
  • Anjelicus
    Anjelicus
    ✭✭✭
    zbtiqua wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌

6fepwju0gwxr.jpg

This enchantment is pretty weak. You don't spam puncture as it will cause stone skin on a target if used more than twice per 10 seconds. So, actually it provides less value than a 200 pt damage shield enchant which will proc once per 4 seconds, and does not rely on the chance that you happen to need healing when you puncture.

Furthermore, a tank gets very little benefit from "sharpened" trait armor/spell penetration. And a DPS that might get benefit from the "sharpened" trait is very unlikely to use a one hand and shield ability like puncture.

Your itemization team needs to do some serious rethinking with respect to what we have seen insofar as "hard mode" or epic rewards are concerned in the game. I would be happy to consult for free. But, this is simply not a good item. This does not impress.

Also another bad itemization flaw is the Footman set.... the chest/legs also have EXPLORATION! why on earth ANYONE VR13+ need extra XP gain from exploration? and on a TANK set no less, id rather have Nirnhoned lol and even that is useless at the current state of gameplay.
    Vokundein
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
    Guild Twitch Live Stream
    Anjelicus - Head of PVE
    VR14 Templar // VR14 Nightblade // VR14 Dragonknight // VR10 Sorcerer
    PTS - Veteran Dragonstar Arena Developer Challenge Conqueror
  • Dubah
    Dubah
    ✭✭✭
    Anjelicus wrote: »
    zbtiqua wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌

6fepwju0gwxr.jpg

Also another bad itemization flaw is the Footman set.... the chest/legs also have EXPLORATION! why on earth ANYONE VR13+ need extra XP gain from exploration? and on a TANK set no less, id rather have Nirnhoned lol and even that is useless at the current state of gameplay.

This is the reason i would like to see us be able to change item traits. But I don't think that would ever happen. Even if the effect proc'd a 1k damage hit i wouldn't use it just because the trait. Horrible traits = horrible gear. Hell i traded 2 pieces of my crafted armor for 2 pieces of warlock set and lost almost 200 hps just because i lost 2 of my divines traits, stuff really adds up after a while.
  • Butters21
    Butters21
    ✭✭
    Congrats, it definitely takes a lot of time and effort to perfect this place.
  • oWOTANo
    oWOTANo
    ✭✭✭✭

totally agree with this
    Ring der Wächter
    Hel Ra / AA Harmode: Clear
    Sanctum Ophidia Hardmode Clear
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭

To be honest I love the set and used it for tanking Arena. As a Templar u get 35 % more block value and as DK u get 30 % which makes it more relaxing. Its definitely nice to have a good tanking set with jewelry.

But I agree the traits are kind of stupid, but maybe they did it because else the set would own the trial set for example.

And btw I was not wearing one piece of the trial set because it sucks. And that should be the best possible set in the whole game ...

Anyway the healer set is also really nice because of jewelry.

But still the lack of really good rewards is the biggest problem in ESO at the moment.

Madini Hodor Guild

Edited by TheMast3r on September 4, 2014 11:52AM
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭
    the problem with set dropped and crafted is that there is a really tiny line of balance between them...

many dropped set have bonuses that are better than crafted set... and this makes crafter go mad because they want crafting set to be competitive if not the best...

almost all crafted set have at least a couple (if not more) pieces with bad traits... that sometime eat away all the advantages that the better set bonus gives compared to crafted sets (this is especialy true for set used in PvP where no trait hold a candle to impenetrable... to the point that crafted set resut to actualy be much better than dropped set no matter the setbonus...) that have the exact trait that you want on them... and this makes raiders go mad because they want the item they worked for to be better that what anyone can have by giving out a little of gold to a crafter...

this as said is a really tiny line of balance... every of the 2 crowd want this line to shift a bit in their direction but personaly I think that ZOS is doing a pretty good job in handling this balance (at least for pve... for PvP the advantage of impenetrable is too much... but that have more to do with the specific trait that with the craftable vs dropped balance)

as often happen when balance in a MMO is concerned... when you see everyone lamenting that the other side is better it means that you really are close to balance ^^' since making everyone happy is impossible afterall ^^'
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    Why crafted sets should be nearly that good like highend content loot? That makes no sense at all. Just hitting 3 buttons whenever your research is ready?

At the moment
    Histbark owns all drop sets
    Seducer owns all drop sets
    etc. just for example

Also warlock owns all trial sets ...

Trial weapon sets are ridiculous ...

I understand that ZOS also looks for the players which are not going to trials and arena, but for them normal crafted sets are more than fine.

Nobody needs highend sets if u are not looking for the last 10 sec of your trials time. But the players which are playing the game because of the highend content should have the ability to get much better sets than crafting sets.

It will keep them in game. Actually we are loosing all good players because they are bored ... nothing to do in the game. And that will happen to all guild after some time.
  • Medakon
    Medakon
    ✭✭✭
    TheMast3r wrote: »
    It will keep them in game. Actually we are loosing all good players because they are bored ... nothing to do in the game. And that will happen to all guild after some time.

May be the wrong topic to post this on, but really wanted to say it out.
    This is true, we who created hodor only got about 5 hodor players left in eso becuase there is no point going for trials anymore. Guild is really broken and we have to team up with other broken guilds to be able to try out serpent trials on PTS. We were so excited about Hardmode AA and Hel ra, until we found out it were only last boss that were on hardmode, and it droped gear with 3 more stats than normal mode gear, and there was no achivment for doing hardmode trials.. Wasnt really worth the effort :(

Hodor haven't done a raid since the release of 1.3, since there was no point doing it. Also me personally haven't been in Hel ra or AA for about 3 weeks now since the Bind on equip got nerf, just wasnt any point going back there. I don't even use the Trial gear since the crafted one is alot beter.

Also we got really dissapointed to see that developers completed the serpent trials on PTS in 12min, wich means this is also a 12min raid :(

Really hope the future of eso will bring raids that take 3 hours to complete on a speed run.

One of my main reasons for doing arena is that it last so long, takes about 1hour 20min ish to reach last boss with no wipes, and then we were stuck there for 5 hours, wich ment we were only able to do one or two runs per day. Wish you make 12man trials this long aswell, so insted of doing 20 trial runs aday, they last so long you maybe get to do 1 or 2 a day. We even had to take like 4-5 breaks in one run because it were so long, wich was kinda awesome :smiley:
    Medakon - Legendary Super Hero Professional Assassin Nightblade from Tamriel who do different stuff B)
  • Kraven
    Kraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there is a serious problem, or rather a problem that will become serious. Those that can do 'it' (end game content be it CoH, Trials or the Arena) do it then see little to no reason to continue to repeat it. Sure complete it a few times but then what? There's no reason to continue to complete anything, in part because crafted sets are in most cases better than many dropped sets. With a combination of crafted sets and Jewelry from the PvP vendor you are on much better footing than any thing you get from trials or vet dungeons. With very few exceptions.

The new weapon sets from arena are for the most part okay but some aren't. Resto staff restoring groups stamina is great for tanks or stamina builds and as such I love this, but Master's sword giving a 200 point heal every 10-15 seconds vs a set bonus sword with damage shield enchant carrying a trait of your choosing? The from stealth medium armor set in the Arena is amazing, it may be what anyone who uses a bow from stealth wants and will wreck havoc on PvP, maybe.

Then you have those that can't do 'it', some will continue to try time after time until they improve enough that they join the ranks of the previous group. However, a large portion of the player base had issues with the original Doshia... to the point that some gave up in frustration. These that can't do it and improve I applaud, unfortunately they are the minority. Majority of 'can't do' players will rage and complain, begging it to be made easier. Some will recognize that there is no real point in doing that particular content in the first place as the rewards aren't equal to the effort. At which time some will ignore it, some will be bored of content they can do and still some will quit out of frustration.

I for one think that catering to the vocal majority has already caused enough issues however at this time no group at all is overly satisfied. Arena is a step in the right direction, I hope, but it is content for a group. There is no guild activity outside of PvP.

It feels like ESO atm lacks focus and that is very unfortunate. PvP, PvE, End game, Story, RPG, Group, Solo or the Great Pumpkin I don't care, but it needs to have a focus and excel at something. Combat is great but how long before another title has similar?

• Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    Dubah wrote: »
    Sunrock wrote: »
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    Congrats Hodor! Remember everybody, this is world first PTS. Keep pushing maybe somebody else will earn the world first that really matters :)

Only young kids think world first is something to achieve... I been hunting and had allot of world first in many other MMOs. But it all comes down to who can sleep the least. Competing about who can stay up for 72 hours strait is not really a sport that interest me now when I'm 37.

Really? This is a waste of a comment, he got a world first i give them credit considering the fact that, yes i do have a life and haven't been able to play, thanks for pointing out nothing. A congratulations and walk away would have been just as suffficient, or are you mad that you didn't get the world first? Most people who believe that it doesn't matter also don't waste their times trying to troll people for doing things they don't believe is something to achieve.

To Hodor: Congratulations I wish I was able to keep up with you guys trying to make a move lol. Wish I could've seen yall in action, but don't let this guy take away the fun!

Really? HAHAHAA!. read the comment I commented on too perhaps. And you maybe will be able to to understand my comment as you can not be more worng in your interpretation of what I wrote. I was commenting on achieving world first on the live server.

But no matter if it is on live or PTS you achieve world first its still not what matters. What matters is that you figured out the fight for your self. You don't have to be world first to do that.... You just avoid all spoilers.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on September 5, 2014 3:30PM
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    As a further aside, agree with the Hodor comment on itemisation, what it means for motivating people to try it and what the approach to loot means for the interest and longevity of the game overall. IMO, ZOS needs to add some unique, random and rare drops to have people strongly motivated to try and beat this content.

What do you consider good items then? I think the tanking set and healing set looks really good. The healing set is good enough motivation for me to repeat the trials several times.

But I can agree that it would have been nice if they added a melee stamina set too...
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    I think the abilty-altering enchantments are pretty unique at the moment...

You can get that from PvP or trials leaderboards too... not unique to the Dragonstar Arena.
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    Kraven wrote: »
    I think there is a serious problem, or rather a problem that will become serious. Those that can do 'it' (end game content be it CoH, Trials or the Arena) do it then see little to no reason to continue to repeat it. Sure complete it a few times but then what? *snip*

Yea but that is true for all PvE content. There for a good MMO always need to add new stuff to there PvE content to keep players interested. It's impossible to create PvE content that will keep anyone motivated to rehash for ever. If you're able to create a PvE group dungeon or what ever that will last the players 3-4 weeks you should consider it a huge success.
    It feels like ESO atm lacks focus and that is very unfortunate. PvP, PvE, End game, Story, RPG, Group, Solo or the Great Pumpkin I don't care, but it needs to have a focus and excel at something. Combat is great but how long before another title has similar?

This is an MMO. An MMO needs to have all that and then some more. It needs to have a bit of everything. ESO doe snot lack focus, it show that it has diversity. And that is a good thing in my book. Everything should not be for every body. But there should be something for every one.
    Edited by Sunrock on September 4, 2014 10:48PM
  • zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭
    Da Funk has cleared Dragonstar Arena Veteran!

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌

Roster-
    Tank: Zbt
    Healer: Draconerus
    DPS: Abaddon Sheol
    DPS: Madini

Achievement:
    trktPDp.jpg

I should qualify: Da Hodor, A.K.A. HodorFunk, A.K.A. Da HodorFunk, as Madini did run with us.

Loot Screenshots attached.
    Edited by zbtiqua on September 5, 2014 5:41AM
    Officer of Da Funk (EP NA)
    DSA Vet Fastest Time NA (83 mins)
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    Congratz to Da Funk, aka Hodor Funk, aka Da Hodor Funk ...

Great run guys and very funny!!!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌

we are not sure if the boss is working like intended now. compared to before it is a huge difference.
    Edited by TheMast3r on September 5, 2014 5:12AM
  • Neptonic
    Neptonic
    ✭✭
    TheMast3r wrote: »
    Congratz to Da Funk, aka Hodor Funk, aka Da Hodor Funk ...

Great run guys and very funny!!!!
    We just made this guild a reality on PTS lol. Join it when you wake up.
  • Draconerus
    Draconerus
    ✭✭✭
    Here is my screenshot with the achievement.

1gc561njp518.png

Here is a screenshot of me with my name in it since you cannot see it in achievement one.

l5go2fdwum5q.png

Abaddon is unable to login to the forums so I am posting his screenshot for him.

y1z3y8vxdhfz.png
    9ibcpwcbysgq.png

Lastly here is the leader-board with all our names.

0poc6ljnd3pd.png

Draconerus
    Argonian - Templar Healer
    Da Funk - Officer
  • Anjelicus
    Anjelicus
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations DaFunk!
    Vokundein
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
    Guild Twitch Live Stream
    Anjelicus - Head of PVE
    VR14 Templar // VR14 Nightblade // VR14 Dragonknight // VR10 Sorcerer
    PTS - Veteran Dragonstar Arena Developer Challenge Conqueror
  • forthewinn2
    forthewinn2
    ✭✭✭
    Wait a minute, did they actually give the ice staff and dual wield dagger defending traits, while giving the sword and shield weapon the Sharpened trait?......Scumbag Dev strikes again!
  • Kraven
    Kraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunrock wrote: »
    I think there is a serious problem, or rather a problem that will become serious. Those that can do 'it' (end game content be it CoH, Trials or the Arena) do it then see little to no reason to continue to repeat it. Sure complete it a few times but then what? *snip*

Yea but that is true for all PvE content. There for a good MMO always need to add new stuff to there PvE content to keep players interested. It's impossible to create PvE content that will keep anyone motivated to rehash for ever. If you're able to create a PvE group dungeon or what ever that will last the players 3-4 weeks you should consider it a huge success.

This is an MMO. An MMO needs to have all that and then some more. It needs to have a bit of everything. ESO doe snot lack focus, it show that it has diversity. And that is a good thing in my book. Everything should not be for every body. But there should be something for every one.

I'm not disagreeing. Absolutely agree that MMOs have to keep adding new content to keep players interested. The issue is in ESO that new content keeps you interested for a week or two. Trials are a joke, I'm sorry if that offends but they are. They are suppose to be the multi-group end game content, that type of content usually comes in the form of progression raids. Progression raids keep players interested for a much longer period because they are trying to progress. Trials are pug content. Where is the guild content? Where is the content that our guild, any guild, can run as a guild? That type of content is what helps guilds bond, guilds and friends are what keep a game going even when the content lags for a period.

Yes, an MMO needs to have multiple features that appeal to a large audience once again I am not disagreeing. Having a bit of everything does not preclude a title from having a focus. If you can do absolutely everything exceedingly well then great you can please every facet of the player base. That's not happening. Diversity for diversities sake alone? "Sure we can throw that player group a bone!" Means each player group gets a bone but not one gets meat on it.

I am in no way saying they should ignore any aspects. I just wish that there was something more substantial. Do everything well but do one or two things absolutely excellent.

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Congratulations, DaFunk! We'll be in touch with you guys soon.

Everyone, remember that you have until Sunday at midnight EDT to complete this challenge to be invited to an exclusive Q&A session with some ESO devs. Also, please keep this thread on topic. You can certainly discuss the Arena and its rewards/mechanics with others, but keep your feedback constructive. Thank you!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post