The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Fighters Guild Figure by Symbiote"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Fighters Guild Figure by Symbiote. Will you be picking this little guy up?
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on August 12, 2014 6:11PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Benefactor
    Benefactor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just got finished ordering mine. I feel sorry for those people who payed 100-300 dollars for it a few days ago on ebay since they where originally comic con exclusive.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh look another exclusive in game item not available in game by any means... oops, did I say that? :innocent:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Paske
    Paske
    ✭✭✭✭
    Benefactor wrote: »
    I just got finished ordering mine. I feel sorry for those people who payed 100-300 dollars for it a few days ago on ebay since they where originally comic con exclusive.

trollolol-hahahaha.jpg

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because there's no reference in the pic, I should warn anyone getting one of these for the figures rather than the vanity pet that they are tiny, 2.5 inches. Saw them at Comic-Con when they were asking $60 for the "Exclusive". And to think, I almost regretted not getting one when I saw what they were going for on eBay.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • AthicBloodking
    AthicBloodking
    Soul Shriven
    I can honestly say that if it weren't licensed by Bethesda Softworks, just giving it a glance, I'd never know this had anything to do with Elder Scrolls.
  • Valturion
    Valturion
    ✭✭
    Huzzah Gina! I will indeed be picking up this little guy, and I shall name him Huggles.

798JKz2.jpg
    erBN0ja.jpg
    Edited by Valturion on August 12, 2014 11:05PM
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hooray! Going to order one!
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    Damn that doll was ugly.
  • Kcttocs
    Kcttocs
    ✭✭✭
    Too cartoonish. I will not be picking it up.
  • Lunachik
    Lunachik
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not keen on this style of toy, so no I won't be picking it up. I would like the pet for the game, but not enough to buy these.

I am disappointed there is no other way to get the in game pet. These bundles and special sales seem to be the way its going to be tho, so I'd best get accustomed to it. It doesn't ruin the game for me, but it would certainly add some fun to it having access to all the different pets. I enjoy the ones I do have, and more the merrier!
    **Mara's Moxie * The Sidekick Order * Azura's Guidance *Hallowed Holes of Tamriel **
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like Symbiote seriously misjudged the demand for these at QuakeCon and needs to cut their losses. Unlike their two other ES-themed figurines (Dragonborn and Astrid), this one is overpriced (even though they cut the price in half from QuakeCon) and has no relation to anything in the game. I really don't see the point in making it, but that's just my opinion.

I'd much rather buy the Derpy Cat. At least that one's cute. And it's a cat.
    Hmm.
    Now I want to buy their plain white DIY cat and make myself a Razum-Dar figurine.
  • judas
    judas
    Soul Shriven
    This looks like a 50 cent Chinese toy. If you ask a fan of Elder scrolls if this looks like it belongs in the Universe, I think 100% would say no. This is a cheap grab at some cash. Zenimax should be ashamed. all they saw here was a margin.
  • jerzey_gamer
    Turelus wrote: »
    Oh look another exclusive in game item not available in game by any means... oops, did I say that? :innocent:

Why do some people feel the need to complain about everything? It's a vanity pet whose purpose is purely aesthetic. I don't think it's going to give any player an advantage.
    Lunachik wrote: »
    I am disappointed there is no other way to get the in game pet. These bundles and special sales seem to be the way its going to be tho, so I'd best get accustomed to it. It doesn't ruin the game for me, but it would certainly add some fun to it having access to all the different pets. I enjoy the ones I do have, and more the merrier!

I'm sure they'll be releasing plenty of pets that require a certain achievement to be unlocked or something along those lines. Then, I wouldn't be surprised if people complained that it was "too hard to achieve" and that it should be available through the store. Zenimax obviously can't please everyone.

Now as far as my personal opinion...
    I really don't see a problem with offering items like this through the store. Elder Scrolls has been around since the mid-90's and has developed quite a cult following. I think it's pretty cool that Zenimax offers stuff like this to some of the more die-hard fans/lore buffs that comprise TES fanbase. If you don't want to pay the $20-300+ price tag for collector's items like this, nobody is forcing you to. However, I'm sure these hardcore fans are more than happy to have access to these items and it definitely enhances the overall experience. At the end of the day, it's just a vanity pet - get over it. Tired of seeing people complain over such petty topics.

Edited by jerzey_gamer on August 13, 2014 5:29PM
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln
    Gawjo - VR15 Nord DK DPS [US] | 50 Alchemy/Blacksmithing/Provisioning
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Symbiote people said this item was a "SD ComicCon Exclusive", but good news to those who really wanted this item. I found with the figures I have that the pony guar companion can't stand upright on his own, falls on his face, too massive of a head. :(

2njki94.jpg
    2chk7p.jpg
    Edited by Darkhorse1975 on August 15, 2014 7:00AM
    Master Craftsman!
  • RedMiniStapler
    RedMiniStapler
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't like that pet, but I have this thing about purchasing anything limited/collectable...
  • Winnower
    Winnower
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have not and will not purchase any real-world object. And it makes me mad, as some-one with 2 pre-order imperial accounts that in-game items are continuing to be marketed in a way that is not accessible to people who just want to play the game. We now have multiple pets in-game which are not accessible to your most loyal game customers.

keep it up and see how long I remain one.

I would be happy to purchase in-game items for rl money on my account. Don't give me the option to get the pig and the whiterun hound and the guar and this thing here, and i can guarantee you that i'll stop throwing my money to this company.
    VR14 Templar, VR14 DK, VR8 DK, VR7 NB, VR1 Sorcerer;
    All 3 Alliances;
    2 Pre-order Imperial Accounts, yes that means 16 characters on NA alone
  • nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is easily the ugliest, most unappealing, worst value for money figurine I have seen. Ever.
    Sanguine's Beta Tester

• Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think this one was designed for the 'western market' :wink:
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • psyan
    psyan
    Soul Shriven
    Where do you purchase this anyways?
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Click the link in the 1st post, then click the link in that blog to get sent to the page.
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • Guar
    Guar
    Time to add to my Symbiote collection! :D
    -Guarburger
  • Plushielord
    Okay, so, I ordered mine, and my package was blatantly ripped open when it arrived, and there was no code to get the pet in the box. I can't get ahold of their customer support, because every like I click on their site for customer support leads to nothing, does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?
  • Rustyfaw
    Rustyfaw
    I am going to add to Plushielord's post. I have placed an order with Symbiotestudios for the doll/in-game item over a week ago. I have received a USPS tracking number, yet USPS shows the item in 'pre-shipping' and they confirmed over the phone that the parcel is not in their possession. Trying to get in contact with them is not the easiest.

I'm only posting this here, and I've also done so on their forums, because I saw this item within the feed of the ESO launcher. I assumed in some form there was a partnership given there is an exclusive in-game item that comes with it. I have done what I can to reach out to their customer service and I'm asking if there is something you can do as you have a bit more leveraging muscle than I or us.

I enjoy the game and it's products and don't want that experience to diminish.
  • rysc
    rysc
    ✭✭✭
    Rusty - Same thing here. I came to the forums to see if anyone else had purchased/received it post con as I ordered it last week, got the notice on the 17th that it was shipped with the $15 price tag of 2 day priority USPS shipping (only choice) and USPS still says they haven't gotten the package only the shipping info. As of receiving the mail today (Friday the 22nd - still no package.) @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ is there someone at corporate that we can ask about putting pressure on these guys to find out what is going on?
    Rysc
    37 toons and counting since go live, I may need an intervention.
  • rysc
    rysc
    ✭✭✭
    I sent an email and posted on their Facebook page. Should have read the page first since it seems like this is an ongoing issue for their orders.
    Rysc
  • rysc
    rysc
    ✭✭✭
    OK, got a reply from Symbiote:
    Sorry for the delay we are slowly getting them out between now and the 5th . Printing the in game codes hit a snag and it delayed production slightly.
    Although that doesn't explain why i got a shipment notification unless they are just pre-loading the stuff in. Seems kind of *** poor, especially since they didn't send an email stating there was a delay.
    Rysc
  • rysc
    rysc
    ✭✭✭
    So I had requested a refund and received it pretty promptly as well but then also got a package today. I let them know I was refusing it since I got the refund and they replied that they sent it as an apology. I will definitely give them credit for that one. Now to see if the post man has returned to the front desk yet.
    Rysc