The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Tales of the Dead - Contest Entry Thread

• javajunkie00
    javajunkie00
    Soul Shriven
    Dinner for two:
    We had just traveled from Crosswitch to our inherited piece of property which was left to us by my father the Duke. The misses decided that we would sit down for dinner and have us a Kings Meal before we start the building of our new humble cottage. Unfortunately we have realized we have moved right in the center of a horrible war. There are creatures falling down from the skies. And, Bloodborns crawling everywhere. I just hope I am able to eat this Fine dinner my misses has prepared for us in peace. I have already had to defend us just to reach this area of the wood.

I think I had fallen asleep at the table when woken by a Cultist demanding our good. I honestly think they must have gotten the best of us. Because here I sit writing my last log in my journal as I can barely hold the pen. If any one has found me. Please send news to Crosswitch that we have parished by Bloodborn Cultist Hand. And maybe someone will avenge our deaths. I am sure my father will offer a healthy reward for bringing back the pendant I hath places on my last entry.
  • chugabrewski
    chugabrewski
    Soul Shriven
    anyone know where this location is at?
  • bobebo17b16_ESO
    bobebo17b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Dear Traveler
    Here is my story
    I took an arrow in the knee
    And died...
  • Avrith
    Avrith
    Soul Shriven
    “Well? What’dya think?”

The eternally proper and bored man looked up from the ledger he was busily making notations in. His eyes gave the small clearing a passing appraisal before returning to the latest entry in the book.

“Hmm. Yes, very well done my lord. That bottle of wine though, was that from your stock or…”

“Nah, borrowed it from old Sammy I did. He’ll never notice.”

“Very good my lord,” replied the man and made another quick notation in the ledger.

“Ooh what fun this’ll be! Those silly mortals will spend hours tryin ta figure this out!”

Looking up again the man gave the scene a more thorough examination. There were two skeletons; nothing uncommon to find in the wilds of Tamriel. Fresh cheese, of a rather aromatic blend set atop a dining table with a bottle of wine. A few broken crates, a slew of arrows, a pristine heavy sack and an unlit campfire.

“Well, the master has set a bizarre little scene,” he thought.

“If I may make a suggestion master? Perhaps lighting the candles and ensuring they remain lit would add another twist?”

The clearing sat in silence for a moment as if waiting with baited breath.

“Excellent!”

With a snap of his fingers the candles lit and the scene was ready. Now, all that was left to do was to find some enterprising hero types and spin them a tale of woe. Those hero types can’t ignore a good damsel in distress story. Then, it’ll be time to sit back and watch them try to figure it all out. Oh what fun it’ll be!
  • Mayasmah
    Mayasmah
    Soul Shriven
    To Sees-All-Colors,

I am sending this letter to report my findings about the contract I have accepted one month ago on behalf of the Fighters Guild, since there is no one else to report to.

I followed the leads that were provided by Durvan Avanielle to track down the missing enchanted amulets that were stolen from his shop in Ebonheart. Along the way I found that more people have somehow 'lost' their amulets , all enchanted. The first thing that came to my mind that a mage had done this to be the sole provider of these goods for the Pact soldiers. However, I was proven wrong as in Kragenmoor some Khajiits were talking about two Bretons who have passed through their tavern , they told them they were affiliated with the Fighters Guild. Even if that was a fact , the Guild in Stonefalls would not send Bretons on a mission across a land ravaged by Daggerfall Covenant soldiers. Naturally, this only could have meant they were Covenant agents. Some amulets belonged to the Mages Guild in Kragenmoor also went missing , hence I decided to look into the Bretons business. As it is known, many drop points of the Covenant are a long the seashore, so I searched the sea side for any clue about those amulets. In a Covenant small camp there was one of Avanielle's amultes on a dead Redguard, as he said they would carry his signet, So, I followed the blood trail all the way to the foot of some mountain east of Fort Virak, there were the bodies of the two Bretons shot to death by arrows, and no amulets among their belongings.

The whole matter seemed too simple and at the same time confusing, the Bretons and Redguards are supposed to be working together, why kill a friend and run all the way to that place just to be killed by apparently Covenant soldiers who also ended up burnt to ashes? The reason I believe is because Durvan Avanielle is not who he seems to be. I did not find neither the mage nor the shop he said he had in Ebonheart and no one knew the man there. So, I can only conclude that he planned an elaborate scheme to move some Daedric artifacts to the shore then take them outside Stonefalls altogether, and enlisted the help of the two Bretons to pin the blame on the Covenant. The artifices must have had some hold on the minds of those close to them for some time as the blood trail was made of many Covenant soldiers bodies. Avanielle's amultes protected their wearers' from the influence of those artifacts , which inevitably kept the Bretons sane enough to take back the artifacts not to the rendezvous they agreed upon with the mage but back to their camp. The artifacts made the Covenant soldiers turn on their comrades and caught up with them at that place eventually, but Avanielle was also close on their heels finalizing the deal by killing whoever left alive at that point. The rest of the stolen amulets were no where to be found, I assume only that scheming viper Durvan knows their whereabouts.

Corvidaeh
  • epicoda_ESO
    epicoda_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    It had been almost three weeks since they set out at sea to locate the missing tomes. The two soldiers Gamiera and Shamis felt despondent in their search and were starving to boot. The recent drought had depleted much of the coast's natural resources and wildlife was scarce following the plague that they fought so desperately to cure. Being one of the last few from their town not to contract the deadly disease they were sent to search for a lost island off the western coast of the Summerset Isles said to be home to a powerful wizard whose healing powers were rumored throughout the continent. On the night of the 17th day the two lay in their boat rocking side to side. Overcome with the darkness their eyes closed, the waves lulling them into an apparent peaceful slumber.

Awoken by the bright light of the sun burning their skin the two passengers sat up to see where they were. They had come ashore on a small island. A longhouse stood in the center, an enticing aroma beckoning them forward. Only after a few steps they heard laughter and the sound of jovial music. They came upon the longhouse with extreme caution and peered inside to see what was going on. The room was filled with people laughing, drinking, eating, and dancing. The site of the food and the aroma drew them in immediately and in their hunger induced stupor they burst into the longhouse crashing through the room and beginning to stuff their mouths. The people took no notice and welcomed them with disregard.

After a while, the two noticed that no one had spoken to them or even looked at them. Becoming nauseated by the food they had consumed and remembering their quest the two began frantically grabbing at the other patrons and shouting for the wizard. “Where is the wizard!? Help us!” No one paid them any attention, their hands went through their flesh as if ghosts and the sound of maniacal laughter began to ring through the air and the music got louder and louder. The two soldiers fell to their knees and covered their ears, the music becoming so loud and shrill they thought their heads would explode.

Gamiera opened her eyes under the excruciating pressure just as an arrow struck her straight through the eye. She collapsed to the ground lifeless just as Shamis was opening his own eyes. The longhouse was gone. There was no music, not a person around. He sat at a wooden table, a few pieces of cheese and grapes before him. Blood pooled around Gamiera's head and Shamis looked around in horror.

Before he could stand a second arrow struck him right in the side of his head. His eyes lolled and a woman appeared before him. In his last moments he watched the woman spread her arms and begin to chant, a fiendish smile coming upon her lips.

The two soldiers were gone.

The sacrifice was complete.
    Edited by epicoda_ESO on August 11, 2014 11:48PM
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're probably wondering how a sun baked skeleton is talking to you, well this is Tamriel after all. If you have time for a story, I'll tell ya one, Akatosh knows I have time....

It was one of those days. Lost half the gang to imperial gaurds and even worse, we were out of booze. Should of just called it quits then, sober and broke. Of course that's all well and fair unless you're a member of the rabid badgers. I know, I know, strange name but you gotta ask yourself...."Would I mess with a rabid badger?". Any sane man would say "i'd rather drink troll's milk". But I digress. Our fearless leader decided escaping with our lives from our last en devour wasn't enough and of course he has a reputation to live up to. He learned of a nearby castle owned by a not-so-modest wealthy lord named.....hmmm, I can't seem to remember, but he had a pretty hot daughter. Anyways, plan seemed pretty solid: dress up Carl as one of the local pub wenches, poison the guards mead with a sleeping potion, sneak into the undefended castle, and take the lords famous jewels. Pretty simple right? It was. Worked great I'd say, well, up until the being impaled by several arrows part.

Back at the camp we set the bag down and threw back a few beers that Carl managed to bring back from the pub. Guess he does make a good bar wench. Odd name for a Khajit though, but he pulls his weight.

I woke up to the sound of our boss shouting nonsensically. Our boss was tossing things out of that bag looking for something that apparently wasn't there as he had hoped. I picked some of the items up. A bunch of gold laced woman's underwear. Now, I can appreciate a lovely pair of under pants but I was quite baffled as to what was going on here. I asked the boss what exactly the heck happened. He said "DAMN IT! THIS ISN'T RIGHT! THEY AREN'T HERE!". He stared angrily at the ground fuming about our "big score". Come to find out the lord had a ravenous taste for exotic woman and his legend with said questionable woman was a bit larger than life. There were no "jewels" except the ones he kept in his pants if ya know what I mean. The lord loved his woman and even more so collecting their "unmentionables". About that time we heard a few dozen arrows release from their bows, and here I sit today.

Moral of the story kid? If you don't want to end up like me, don't rob a rich guy who has an underwear fetish.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Branovices
    Branovices
    ✭✭✭
    Dear Arrol,

I'll be sending this letter ahead at the next juncture, but I simply had to share with you some proof of what I've always said about thieves. You'll remember, the trick with thieves is to show absolute conviction and steely resolve because they're all cowards at heart; afraid of a good day's work! This was perfectly demonstrated just moments ago when we were approached by a man claiming to represent a band of brigands. He said there were numerous bowmen already poised to loose their arrows if we did not hand over all our valuables!

Well! This was an obvious bluff, as I didn't see anyone. I began to set out dishes and food on the table, looked him right in the face and said, "Let them, then. We'll have our dinner in the shade of their arrows." I can say with some pride he left almost immediately. As if I'd be so foolish as to be taken in by such a feeble trick. No, I think that's the last we'll see of-
    Edited by Branovices on August 12, 2014 2:41PM
  • Gear_Kulaas
    Day 160

I came across two bandits today. I have sat by watching them they appear to be waiting for the rest of their party to arrive. I may be able to clean up some of the world for once.

Day 162

I have waited a few days nobody else has arrived yet they are still sitting eating some cheese. I need to finally get them, being out here without any food is getting to me.

Day 163

I got tired of waiting today. I acted on impulse and shot one of them i missed the times. They started to get suspicious but i hit one of them in the head killing him instantly but his friend is searching for me. He keeps saying that he knows I'm here. I need to lay low and keep my eyes on him.

Day 164

He sat back down today and he said it must have been his imagination. He is scaring me he is still talking to his friend's corpse like he is still alive. Is my hunger getting to my head? Tomorrow i'll take him out i need sleep.

Day 165

He was still talking when I awoke. I couldn't take it anymore. I shot arrows at him. I missed a lot but i killed him. I need to leave. I think his party is coming. i need to get out of

The rest of the journal is covered in blood and no more words are written.
    Edited by Gear_Kulaas on August 12, 2014 12:11AM
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be plastic grapes...
  • oniryukainb14_ESO
    oniryukainb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    As day turned slowly into evening, the candles were lit with care and a soft natural ambiance filled the air. A sooty smell still lingered lightly in the air from when the fire was doused earlier to grant a more focused evening, an evening of cheese tasting. Several variants of the common Skyrim Eidar cheese were present, crafted with care by Viktor the Fickle and Jorgan Winterfield who had brought them to this private spot, for a bit of a sample. Having taken special care to bring a pleasant setting, the two began to enjoy their cheese with a bit of mead and wine.

Part way through the second round of sampling, a menacing roar of a shout was heard from over the nearby hill. Jorgan looked up due to the noise from his gaze, that had been one of watching a small mouse run about in the nearby grass, and was promptly greeted by a pair of arrows that pierced his eyes. As his dead body flew back to the ground from his chair, Viktor began to rise out of his seat with a hand pressed against the tabled, his mouth falling agape from the shock. Several arrows plunked against the table in rapid succession but the final one hit the Nord squarely in the side of his temple, killing him before he could finish rising. His body dropped back into the chair, causing his feet to slide up and his hand to knock over the wine that split forth onto the ground.

The greedy bandits quickly came down from the hill and looted the two men of their valuables, tossing Viktor's body back down into his chair and throwing Jorgan's back to the ground. Smashing their barrel and crate in haste to finish looting in haste, but leaving between a bag holding several runic stones -- the bandits ignored the cheese due to its strong scent, having no interest in bad eidar. As they fled, the one bandit even commented on cutting the cheese, though his bad pun earned him only several groans from his fellows.
  • Star_Illusion
    A lone woman walked into the makeshift camp site. She wore a heavy cloak that blocked most of her features. She walked straight over to the table and chair, breaking parts of the chair as she tossed it to the ground. On the table she laid out a feast of food. Fresh delicious food. A few torn up barrels were added near the table, along with a heavy bag filled with various bits and bobbles.

With a happy smile the woman walked several feet away and climbed up onto a rock. There she shot several arrows from her bow. All of them landing in different spots within the camp. Happy with her work she dusted her hands off for a job well done.

To complete the scene she placed two skeletons that she had found in a nearby cave. Both skeletons had arrows protruding from them, showing their obvious causes of death. Standing back she smiled again. “Perfect. This is perfect. I can’t wait to hear about everyone trying to figure out this scene from their travels.”
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym
    ✭✭✭
    "..so then I said 'then we will fight in the shade.'"

"'Fight in the shade', good one... do you hear that?"
  • FelixTheGreat
    November 20th, 1785
    Twas a cold dreary night, like any other in the desolate land of Skyrim. We were out hunting bandits, Brom and I, we had been given a mission to eliminate the leader of a group of outlaws. They were said to be practicing dark magic and were closely linked to the worm cultist. Brom and I were tracking down there camp, we had gotten information from locals that they had a station a few miles outside of the city. We went at night to keep the element of surprise on our side.

Several hours into the hunt we saw a faint light atop a hill. As we moved closer we started to hear talking, it sounded like three. As we got ever closer we saw that they took shelter near an abandoned mine, they had a table set up and a fire going. We made our move.

Brom was best skilled in archery and magic, he stayed back while I went in with my sword and shield. As we expected there were only three of them. Two of them were out eating while the third was in the mine entrance. I went for the one closest to the mine and stabbed my broadsword deep into his chest killing him instantly. Brom fired a plethora of arrows at the far one in quick succession. He was severely injured but not dead, I threw my shield arm over the table, knocking him over and killing him for sure.

Neither of us had paid any attention to the third one in the mine, as we were dealing with the others he readied his bow. The bow was enchanted with who the hell knows what kind of dark magic. He shot… The arrow hit its mark. It paid no attention to Brom’s armor and cut right through it killing him. I turned my head just in time to see my best friend die in front of me.

With my heart filled with rage I ran head on at the third outlaw, dodging every arrow he fired. I looked him in the eyes and ran my blade through his stomach. He smirked and said in a dreadful voice “That was a mistake.” He burst into a ball of flames and fell into a pile of ash.

August 11th , 1787
    Its been almost two full years since Brom’s Death and the last time I’ve written in here. I can still feel his presence watching over me, but there’s something strange about it. I’m staying in The Kimpton inn for tonight. For once I can get a good place to sleep.

A bell rings in the lobby

My candle light is starting to go out. I should go to bed. *The writing gets shaky and hard to read* As the room is encompassed in darkness a chill runs up my spine. My hair stands on end *In the journal there is a message written sloppily by a different hand* “Now you're with me…”
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    Journal of Sir Bulrik Hofast, third sun of Sir Tomar Hofast, Mage of 3rd grade in the mages guild.

2E 531, 17th of Second Seed

Today I was called to an audience with the Archmagister. Earl Pierric of Cumberland had requested our chapter to find a Dvemer "toy", as he expressed himself, for his sons 10th birthday and I was assign to travel all the way south to the island of Stros M'Kai to investigate.

2E 531, 18th of Second Seed

Today I was happy father insisted that I should have two servants instead of only one with me when I joined the mage guild as we have had to back allot of equipment for our journey. We even even manage to fit the camping table on the pack mules. I hate to have to sit on the ground to eat like a commoner.

2E 531, 19th of Second Seed

First day of our journey to Stros M'Kai. We have made good progress and have taken in at the Inn in a filty little mining village called Crosswych. Every one smells here. I will be happy to leave as soon as my lazy servants fix me breakfast. All they do is complain about all the backing they have to carry. Hard to get good help now a days. I need to discipline them better starting to morrow.

(Several pages have been torned out)

2E 531, 16th of Midyear
    Today we arrived finally in Aldcroft with the ship. The expedition have been a success and I found a metallic cube that has a gem in the center that glows in different colors when you hold it to the sun. This should make Earl Pierric happy. Not thanks to my so called loyal servants though. All they do is complain about everything. I even had to enter the the damned ruins my self to make sure they followed orders.

(Rest of the pages are blank)
    Edited by Sunrock on August 12, 2014 12:30AM
  • rcharbod63b14_ESO
    rcharbod63b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    It was just supposed to be a quiet picnic, a little sex; the wife was never supposed to know. Her instructions to the assassins were quite specific. First, a barrage of arrows for "awe and shock;" put us off guard. Then, an arrow to the head for my girlfriend. In front of me, of course, so I could watch her die. Next, poke out my eyes with arrows, so I could never look at another woman again. The arrow to the *** needs no explanation. Finally, they ate our cheese and drank our wine while they waited for me to die. It took quite a while; it's fortunate for them I had packed more food than was needed.
    Edited by rcharbod63b14_ESO on August 12, 2014 12:30AM
  • solopro
    solopro
    Soul Shriven
    the sign said rest stop. to the novice adventurer, it may well be a permanent rest stop. Tamriel is full of dangers, seen and unseen. thieves, s'wits, and necromancers, all vying for your coin, life, or belongings. these two younglings thought they had what it takes to make it as hardened beasts of the earth. they hunted game with precision and vigor. they took up the sword and bested their master after only a few months training. they had convinced themselves that, together, there was no one and nothing that could stop them from taking the world by storm. aspirations of riches and women and even the throne of the emperor fueled their dreams and egos alike. alas, not a week after leaving their home village and not 400 breadths from the gold inlaid gate, these young fighters stopped to water the horse and have a bite to eat. the warm fire and expertly crafted furniture made them feel at home and were too much for these haughty young imperial bellies to pass up. after all, they were at peak physical condition and the world was their oyster. the trio of argonian peasants made short work of these two hopeful souls in an attack that was both silent and deadly. when taken to task, few rise to the level of excellence that results in renown. however, do not forget, before you can be great, you must first survive.
  • Anvos
    Anvos
    ✭✭✭
    Complied Notes Found in Books on Table

Note 1

Been exploring land around homestead for any valuables dropped by soldiers passing through on route to Cyrodil. Thus far only found some damaged boots that the village merchant was hesitant to part with even a couple gold for.

….could have made more gold chopping wood.

Note 2

About to give up when I tripped over a root and fell into a large bush, hit something and was knocked out. The something turned out to be some sort of dwemer hatch the bush had grown around.

Note 3

Hatch was more likely ventilation shaft than intended entrance.

Nearly died of fright when emerging from a collapsed part of the vent system one of those walking ballistae was staring right at me. Luckily there was no life in the thing.

It appears that whatever powers this place must be failing as the light tubes sporadically blink out and no constructs I’ve encountered have responded to my presence or even moved.

Without maintenance this ruin appears to be on the verge of collapse, but this place feels more like some private workshop so it shouldn’t be too hard to quickly return to the vent I entered through.

Loaded my pack with an assortment of books, diagrams, and some random dwemer objects.

Note 4

Some of this may be valuable or at least the diagrams look interesting, dwemerish might as well be chicken scratch to me though.

Sold the objects to fund a trip to Mournhold to see if any of Sotha’s Attendants in the city might be able to translate the things I’ve found.

Note 5

I journey to Mournhold only for Sotha’s Attendants at the temple to confiscate my books and diagrams, claiming it was for my own safety.

Tried to take back my property, the Ordinators seized me and threw me out of the city, saying if I don’t leave they’ll arrest me for attempting to rob a Tribunal Temple.

I’m not finished yet though, I left a few diagrams at home to sell later encase I needed more gold.

Note 6

After much effort and having to sell my house to build the prototype I managed to turn my own ingenuity, and some guess work of what the diagrams I still had meant, into my opus and key to fortune.

I believe it would be called a repeating crossbow.

Now all I need is for the demonstration for this couple of refugee imperial merchants to go well.

To ensure success I’ve spent the last of my gold on obtaining quality wine and cheeses to help entertain my soon to be sponsors.

Note 7

I tried it on the highest settings for maximum impression, too much tension, crossbow kicked back and I sprayed the merchants instead of demonstration target before it broke apart.

I am ruined and now dead, but a new man who will volunteer for the war in Cyrodil has just been born.
  • Humor
    Humor
    ✭✭✭
    -Journal Entry 1-

Coming back here never feels any different... All I can remember are the thoughts from the past. Never the pleasant thoughts... Just thoughts of bloodshed, slavery, and depression. What kind of a world did we live in back then...?

The screams... They never seem to stop, I can hear the echo's even now... "Mother! Father! Brother!", as I watched them helplessly from my cell as they were being dragged down into the nearby cave for gods knows what... Tears streaming down my cheeks as I awaited what the nearby Nord had planned for me. That's right... I was only 16 at the time... No sense of right, or wrong, just the sense of a peaceful life until they showed up...

The screams from down in the caves stopped... What had happened...? Shadows of three men had been approaching towards me from the bottom of the cave. Seconds had passed, dragging behind the three, was my mother... She... She had been bruised, beaten, and her cloths almost tore to shreds... I knew exactly what had happened, and what was about to come of me... I had to find a way out... No matter the cost. I had to save my family!

Nightfall had come, and only one Nord guard stood guard while the others down in the cave took up camp, and were sound asleep. The one Nord guard paid no mind to me, as I was but a mere child, who at the time, only seemed helpless. Over the days spent with my family, being as poor as they were, I learned a few tricks. One of them being lockpicking. I had nearly mastered this skill, and could get into just about everything you could possibly point at.

I was a clever young girl, and I knew Nords had a bad drinking habit. I took advantage of the fact. I had called the Nord over to my cell, "Hey you, Nord!", the Nord looked at me while leaning on the cave's hard stone wall, and scoffed at me. I continued to pester him more and more, until he finally came to my cell, "What is you want Ashlander? Are you looking for a good beating!?". I was quick to back up in the cell pressing my back against the cell bars, as I hesitated to take action. I had to stop being afraid, I had to save everyone! I began to take control of the situation very quickly, "Hey there big guy", I began to swoon the Nord, attempting to make the sexiest face I possibly could, praying to the Tribunal it would work. "How about we make a deal...?", I began to lower my voice, and rub my fingertip down his chest in a seductive manner. He smiled at me, yes! this is my chance, it's going to work!. "What kind of a deal did you have in mind little lady?", his tone towards me started to change as the alcohol started taking affect on his mind. "Why don't you give me one chance... For my freedom...?", I began to press my chest on the bars in front of me. He grinned, and chuckled, "A chance at freedom? How to you propose we go about doing this?", I started to smile and continued to caress his body with my one hand, "I've been known to be quite the lockpicker, and I promise you, if you hand me just one lockpick, I can set myself free. You will not see me again, if I win". Scratching his head, he began to look at me with the incredible lust in his eyes, "One lock pick huh?", he grinned, and began to almost undress me in his mind, "What happens if you can't do it? What do I win in return for giving you this one chance?". At this point it almost seemed certain the bet was assured, "You can do anything you want with me...", as I took my hand, and bristled his ear with my fingertips. "Alright, you have your chance, and no funny business neither!". He crossed his arms and started to watch as I began lockpicking. This was an easy lockpick, I could have easily escaped being hostage, however my family being in different cells, I felt I didn't have much choice but to stay with them, and free us all once they weren't paying attention. Sadly... That opportunity never happened... The sound of a click happened, and the cell door swung wide open. The Nord was quick to make for the door to try and stop me from escaping. I panicked.. I reached for the dagger on his hip, grabbed it, and slit his throat. I kicked him down to the ground, quickly heading towards their makeshift weapon's rack, picked up the closest thing I could grab which was a quiver of arrows, and a bow.

The Nord now on the ground drowning in his own blood, grabbed my leg, yet again, I panicked, I grabbed an arrow from the quiver, and was quick to jab the arrow directly into his right eye. His grip was still was like a vice, and he did not show any signs of letting go. Another... Another arrow into his left eye this time. The Nord now blinded, began to loosen his grip, and was finally done for... Other Nords heard the ruckus from outside, and started to make way outside. I noticed the shadows from the inside of the cave's entrance making their way outside. I quickly took position behind some bushes. The Nords had no clue what had happened, yet, they seen the cage door open, and the Dunmer female escaped. "Quickly! Check the surroundings! Don't let her escape!", one of the Nords shouted. Three Nords began frantically searching for me. My goal was to pick them off one at a time. One of the Nords had began to close in on me. He spotted me, and was about to shout, "Over-", as an arrow pierced his throat. I ran up to the Nord, took his sword, and then I took his head. The other Nord was just veering off south of me, with the other Nord's head in my hand, I tossed it over the others head. The head now landed in front of the other Nord, and it skipped, and bounced in front of him, caused him to panic. He started moving, nearer, and nearer to the cliff's edge, I began sneaking forward through the shrubs, as he continued backing away. "Stay-Stay away from me Ashlander!". His eyes widened, as he seen me appear from the bushes running in his direction. He just froze... He had no reaction to what was about to happen. I booted him in the chest off the cliff, I watched as his body was punctured through the chest on a sharp rock below. Now... Now I just have to take out the remaining commander.

Back at the cave's entrance, the Nord had then began to pickup my mothers almost lifeless corpse, and held up a knife to her throat, "Come on out you Knife-Ear! Do it now!". his tongue started to circle around his lips, as he continued to state, "I've had my way with your mother already! I don't think she can stand another round!". This began to infuriate me, his taunts were working. Sneaking through the bushes on my way back. I was just about to make my move when suddenly... He took her head... My... My mothers head was in his hand, as her headless corpse collapsed on the ground. My lust... My lust for blood had risen greatly, my vision was nothing but red. I had my eyes set on only decapitating his body, one limb at a time. I sprung out of the bushed yelling, "You ***!". This was my mistake... Aiming my dagger for his neck, he punched me in the face, and down I went. With one swollen eye, crawling on the ground, he then booted me a good three feet, as I rolled and tumbled on the ground. He then grabbed my hair, and lifted me into the air with his dagger directed towards my throat. "Dead or alive, you're going to be worth it... The feisty ones usually are...". Am I going to die...? Was this all I could do...? I really couldn't save them...? This was going through my head, a thousands times a second. This truly was the end for me... While being held up in the air, I caught a glimpse of what was down the passage way in the cave. And there... There were my brother's, and father's corpses... Being eaten by tamed Agil... No better than pigs... Eating anything in their sight. The tears came more steadily now, and I just thought to myself, It's not over... A smile came across my face as looking towards the commander, still being held by one of his hands in the air. He grinned, and readied himself to finish me off. Within about a fraction of a few seconds. I grabbed an arrow out of his quiver, and lodged it firmly in the temple of his head. He immediately released me, as I fell to my knee's, and he fell backwards upon instant death.

I caught a bit of my breath, after rushing over to my mothers headless body. I instantly broke down... I had no more family... I had no where to go... What was I going to do...? I put my head down on her body, and broke down into tears.

As the sunlight started to bring about a new dawn, he came up to me. I couldn't shed no more tears, I was all cried out, but he knew why I was there, and why I was mourning. He was no stranger to this himself, and that's when he offered me to join that group... The group that saved my life, and began slowly to make me who am I today...

That is a day I'll never forget, the day I.... (there's more to the note, but it seems to be smudged, almost as if she had cried attempting to write the last bit of the note)

- Naryu Virian.

Yeah... So I'm disqualified for many reasons, but meh. Once I thought of the story I'd write, I just couldn't stop, I got kinda into it. Wrote this all on the "fly", so don't expect that an Author wrote this, because I'm not one by any definitive means.

Hope you enjoy the story thingy anyways. Again, sorry I'm no Author lol.
    Edited by Humor on August 12, 2014 1:01AM
  • infinitywardnick_ESO
    infinitywardnick_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Dearest Arenwen,

I'm writing to you with a great sadness in my heart. Today while mining with the boys, we found an ancient tomb filled with all of the gold and riches we could ever dream of. There was so much gold that all three of us could take however much we wanted and be set for the rest of our lives. I grabbed the most beautiful jewels that I knew you would love, Sven grabbed his golden goblets for his drinking, and Borolin took a set of this amazing jeweled armor. What Borolin didn't know is that the armor must have been cursed... He didn't make it back out of the cave in one piece. I write to you now because they're comin' for me, and they will be here soon. I love you Arenwen, take care of our boy.

- William
  • froggmarlowe_ESO
    froggmarlowe_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I used to have all the contracts. If you wanted components to make your best gear, you came to me. Then it all started to go to Oblivion - first it was that damned cat, finding all that wood. Then it was the Nord girl, somehow managing to find vast riches of ore without ever doing any mining! But it was when those brothers started beating me to all the enchanting runes, that was when I knew I was in trouble. - But it was the strangest thing - I think that tailor lady thinks I crossed her, and now she's put a price on my head! I've been seeing shadows on the ridge lines and cliff... I need to hire some muscle to keep from getting a dagger in the back! ...unless they're archers... then I might never see it coming.....
  • Angsv
    Angsv
    Soul Shriven
    ATTENTION!

Dear Traveler and adventurer,

Keep an eye out for someone staging grisly scenes of murder. We believe it to be a traveling merchant. His or her signature is leaving fresh food at the scene to confuse all those who happen upon it.

Report any strange activity to local authorities.

Possible reward.

Stay vigil.

Guard Captain Severa Concordia
  • Coven
    Coven
    Soul Shriven
    So I sit here ... reflecting on my new game purchase ... the 1st month I was banned by mistake, and reinstated with not so much as a sorry, or refund for lost game time.

The 2nd month I was sidelined for a few days with Error code 301. What an Adventures customer service sent me on, unplugging modems, changing files, reinstalling patches and the game. Turns out it was all on their end, and all the tasks they had me perform absolutely wasted hours and hours of my time! The CS agent had no clue how to resolve the issue. Imagine being paid for such incompetence!

So now I sit, again plagued by errors. This time Error 201 has me reaching out to customer service. Uh-oh, it says they are experiencing a higher than expected call volume. I'll just sit here and wait until a CS agent gets back to me and resolves my issue.....boy I'm getting thirsty.....
  • Snook420
    Snook420
    Soul Shriven
    The Cheese Baron and his man-servant, Swizz, sat at their table and prepared to devour their plunder. The scent of greed and gluttony was thick in the air surrounding their camp. Their days were spent riding from coast to coast, searching and pillaging for their coagulated treats. “Edible gold” the Cheese Baron called it, “the most wonderful thing to ever grace Nirn.” Unfortunately for Swizz and the Cheese Baron, a particular Daedric Prince began to take notice…

Fredas, 12 Hearthfire-
    “Swizz and I have had quite the streak of good luck these past few days. 3 towns full of Goat cheese, just ripe for the taking! Hah! Those poor peasants never knew what hit them! Swizz was frightened by that ‘curse’ the peasants from the last village shouted at us. Although, that name did sound familiar. Shero-? Seddo-? BAH! Curses and charms are a bunch of mumbo-jumbo. Alas, only a good blade, a quick wit, and a sharp tongue should be feared. Lucky for me, I have all three! HAH! Now, let us eat!”

As the Baron and his man-servant were about to begin their victory feast, a rumble from the sky caught their attention. The sound was too far in the distance to be heard clearly but, there was no mistake that it was odd.
    “M’lord? D-d-did you hear that?” Swizz frightfully spoke, “I think someone is watching us..”
    The Cheese Baron raised his brow at the frightened servant and soon let out a hearty laugh.
    “Hah! If some fools were to be watching us, let them look upon our feast and weep- for our treasure is about to be spent in the most royal way! And no peasant, except you, shall savor our robust spoils of war!”
    “But, sir,” the now shaking servant protested, “What if it is something from that curse those townfolk put on us? Should we not, at least, pack up and move further away before eating our cheese?”
    At this point, the Baron began to get a bit annoyed and slammed his cup upon the table, signaling for a refill. His eyes narrowed at Swizz. What a coward, he thought, Afraid of some jibberish from low-life filth… But, what if it is a curse? The Baron quickly shut the thought out of his mind as the man-servant filled his cup to the brim.
    “Now. Lose all thoughts of curses, my dear boy. It could just be a storm or a wolf who caught the pungent stench of our loot. Relax, and let us enjoy ourselves.”
    Swizz actually felt comforted by his Lord’s words and slowly sank back into his seat but, his comfort was short lived once he heard a familiar and distant whistle.

Back in the town, the poor folk were almost finished cleaning their humble spaces after the rude theft of their offerings when, from the distance, a rumble was cast across the sky. It was but a single word, clear and true for all the townsfolk to hear-

CHEESE!

sheogorath_by_azany-d65d7k4.jpg
    **I do not own the image, watermark was left to credit the artist**
  • Abrielle
    Abrielle
    Soul Shriven
    The sack is so heavy.

"Why did we drag this all the way out here, again?" I ask, readjusting the green canvas over my shoulder.

"Oh, cheer up, Menzie," Shevalla says with a smile. "We'll get you fed and rested soon enough. You know I never go anywhere without my crafting sack. Who knows what kinds of miscreants might get into it if I just left it lying around at home in a wardrobe."

To be fair, she's carrying more than I am with all the gear for our feast. But carried belongings become infinitely heavier when they belong to someone else. I'm about to reply with something brilliant, but Tevin chooses just that moment to pop his head out of the brush ahead.

"The table's still there!" he says with a grin. "A bit weathered, maybe, but pretty much right where we left it."

"Really?" Shevalla's brows raise. "They'll take my molybdenum, but a whole darn table is still there, just lying out in the open." She rolls her eyes. "I will never understand thieves."

We emerge into the clearing, and as promised, the table is still there, as random as ever. I'm pleased to see it, though slightly more pleased to put that blasted sack down.

"You know, I never actually thought we'd get to do this," says Tevin, unpacking the goblets.

"I never thought we'd survive the night," I laugh. "It was a memorable one, that's for sure."

Shevalla looks pensive. "I always knew we'd come back." She gives a wry smile. "It's just taken a few more years than we said it would."

Some hours later, the wine was flowing, and we were still laughing, and talking, and reliving some of our fondest memories from our time traveling together, all those many years ago.

"Do you remember how Tevin used to carry that big old longbow around with him, even though it took him five hours to even get an arrow off?" I say.

Shevalla laughs. "And then even when he did, he couldn't hit anything to save his life." She turns to him with a rueful smile. "You were a terrible shot."

"Oh, you'd be amazed now," he says. "I've been practicing drawing and shooting that bow for the last seven years. I'm like lightning."

Shevalla just laughs again. "Oh, I'm sure you are."

"No, really!" Tevin says. "From across the clearing, I could land an arrow in the campfire faster than you could draw a breath."

"Twenty gold says you can't," I say, taking another bite of cheese.

We watch him make a big production of limbering up, and getting himself settled across the clearing. Shevalla and I exchange tolerant glances. I am feeling that my gold is rather safe.

As it turns out, I was mistaken. Tevin fired that bow faster than I've ever seen anyone move in my lifetime.

But for what it's worth, he is still a truly, completely, terrible shot.
    Edited by Abrielle on August 12, 2014 4:06PM
  • Sord
    Sord
    ✭✭✭
    Ok kids tonight I am going to tell you the story of the two thieves who thought they were going to get away.

Five years ago we had several complaints of burglars that started in the first week of the Last Seed. It was the first time in over 10 years that we had a theft occur in our town. So the next day the Mayor of the town had a town gathering where he alerted everyone to what was going on and to have everyone be on alert. He thought this would prevent the burglars from continuing on their spree and have them move on.

Two days later after the mayor talked to everyone there was another burglary occurred on the outskirts of the town. They had stolen the Valern's family savings of 2000 plus gold which they kept in their wine cellar. So the mayor called in a favor and got Jaxx the tracker from the neighboring town to help out.
    Jaxx arrived four days later, but during that time we had 3 new burglaries happen, they managed to steal another families savings of 800 plus gold, several well aged wheels of specialty cheese and surprisingly, some furniture. At this point we figure there had to be at least 2 of them to carry of a table and some chairs. Jaxx went off immediately because these thieves must of thought of us as easy pickings. At the same time the mayor put together a small hunting squad together so when Jaxx finds them we could send the hunting party to shoot them down and recover what was stolen.

Jaxx searched all day and night and had found their hiding location about 3 leagues from town. Jaxx said they covered their tracks pretty well and that there was two of them. He had overheard them talking how they intend to leave in the next couple days after they manage to steal the tax money since everyone just paid their taxes. The town had over 15,000 gold in the towns fund. We sent the hunting party out and put two guards on the town money.

The hunting party went to where Jaxx said these thieves were camping but the thieves had already left so they camouflaged themselves in the area and awaited their return. During the night the two thieves came back to town and killed the two guards and stole the town money! The hunting party heard them returning, the thieves sat down for one last meal only to have the hunting party, who positioned themselves on top of the rocky outcrop above the camp, shoot them down just before eating.

In the first volley one of the arrows went right in one of the thieves ears. The other thief stood up with a chunk of cheese still in hand while the hunting party took aim again and got an arrow in each of his eyes.

Remember kids stealing isn't worth it! You will get caught or killed.
    www.fateslegacy.com Share your build or find a build here at Fate's Legacy!
    -This is your life and its ending one moment at a time-
  • NerevarIndoril
    NerevarIndoril
    Soul Shriven
    Journal of Rolnes Ralone

3rd Turdas of Second Seed

No Longer do I fear death, no longer will the nightmares of Vaermina haunt my dreams. No longer will I become prey when my eyes shut…they never again will close. No longer will thirst nor hunger hinder me…they laughed at us once, scorned we were. It is time for the Ralone family to be rightfully feared, to be respected the way we ought to be respected.

1st Fredas of Mid Year

For my Lord Molag Bal do I spill blood, for he has bestowed the greatest gift onto Halyn and I. My brother is having a hard time accepting his gift, he hungers for Blood but it still makes him uneasy feasting among the weak. He loves me, I know this for sure. Why else would he run away with me?

2nd Sundas of Mid Year

Today was a mighty feast, we intercepted a caravan of priests attempting to head to the main land. How dare they try and bring the word of Stendarr to the empire of Dunmer.

We did however let a boy go, he has witnessed true power and with time will see the glorious path set before him.

We have lingered for too long, it is time we move on, mayhap towards Auridon. Ahh yes, even after speaking the province my tongue flickers in excitement.

1st Turdas of Suns Height

Halyn himself has given himself fully to our Lord. He spends much time in meditation these days, says he and the Lord Molag Bal speak…Is this so? Does he love us so? Halyn says there is a way to travel to his Daedric realm ColdHarbor. What it takes my Lord, it will be done.

2nd Morndas of Heartfire

The time is upon us, Halyn is finishing the ritual preparations. Last night we raided the Vulkhel Guard yesterday for the last bit of resources needed…it was a rather sloppy tour of the city. However this is the last day we spend on Nirn at this strange encampment, never understood why the Altmer love cheese so. However by the time the Fighters guild can even respond we will be standing beside our Father, our Lord and our Saviour. For you Molag Bal we give everything.
  • Mercoradin
    Mercoradin
    Soul Shriven
    The Lament of the Unfinished Supper

Twas a hard earned day out in the Rift In search of buried treasure.

The spring time weather brings the flowers in bloom as we settle to a meal.

A rough shod table and two old chairs our tired old bodies do use to rest a spell before the evening meal.

Our supplies are low, no meat was had … just cheese and a few sour grapes.

The broken crate and staved in barrel are good and dry, tonight we will not shiver in the cool spring air.

Me mate Kragore and I meself have spent a dozen moons along this lake in search of buried treasure.

The map I won in a game o dice has become a naught but a curse to me!

Oh why did a leave my sweet Suzette, to find my fame and fortune.

The moldy piece of faded cloth says to search beside a white bark tree with wooden carts so near.

But who was I to know that many a birch do grow like weeds along the northern shore.

And many a traveler waylaid along this lake done run and left their carts to save their sorry skins.

But Kragore and I we look and dig and look and dig in search of buried treasure.

The rocks beside our camp tonight do block a little wind.

Our campfire gives a cheery glow … but perhaps that is not good.

What noise was that Baldarick? Hissed Kragore in me ear his eyes a wide with fright.

Perhaps another soul out in the wilderness of Rift in search of buried treasure.

When all at once a massive flight of arrows rained out of the darkness from above.

Those rocks that shelter us from the wind do shelter a different foe.

Our campfire now a beacon of death as the arrows fly true in search of living fleshy treasure.

Cheese in hand Kragore arises to fight and falls unto the ground both eyeballs pierced the cheese does tumble

And I meself not a step did take before me brain was punctured, the grape I held fell to the dust to feed the starving ants.

Twas a hard earned death out in the Rift in search of buried treasure.

So ends the Lament of the Unfinished Supper
    Mercoradin
  • Daknar
    Daknar
    Soul Shriven
    Juggling Skeletons

First it was balls...then it was clubs...and finally: flaming arrows. It was probably a bad idea, but what do you do when you're undead, but join a circus!

Tamriel already had enough soldiers in Molag Bal's army and Ted and Jack didn't really enjoy eating humans. As a matter of fact, they'd rather make humans laugh and what better way than to join the circus.

But what could skeletons do at a circus? They considered elephant taming, tightrope walking, and being shot out of a cannon...but all of these would end in disaster. All hope was lost, until they came across a magical tome: Juggling For Dummies. That was it, they were going to become jugglers!

They started with the simple things, but juggling balls weren't easy to come by, so they used what was handy: skulls and bones mostly. Ted and Jack's practicing agitated their friends mainly because they insisted on juggling the undead's bones. But the constant harassment from the other undead, laughing at their dreams, spurred them on to try harder.

After a few months, they got pretty good with skulls and bones so they decided to audition with the traveling circus. Unfortunately the humans shrieked in terror and ran away. Ted and Jack were heartbroken and their dreams were crushed. But giving up their dream was too much to bear, they needed something less dead to juggle.

Human campsites would be a good place to start. However, the humans always fled in fright and left their belongings. It was at one such campsite that the humans left their dinner. It turns out, cheese and grapes are awesome juggling items. After Ted and Jack got pretty good at juggling cheese and grapes, Ted thought they should go with something more daring. Looking through the remains of the human camp, they found a quiver of arrows and some candles.

Jack wasn't too sure about this, but Ted insisted, and he lit the arrows on fire and tossed one to Jack. It turns out, they were pretty good at juggling flaming arrows too! All went well until Ted decided to get fancy and jumped on the table, then lost his balance! Of course the arrow he just released went straight through Jack's eye and Jack's arrow, which was already in the air, went through Teds' skull.

Lying on the ground, looking forlornly at the sky through his good eye socket and surrounded by their failed juggling attempts, Jack said, "I guess the circus is out....maybe we should try our hands at gold farming."
  • MrDrSir
    MrDrSir
    Soul Shriven
    The following is what is left of the journal of the young Sorceress Falsi Dralor, much of it has been damaged over time:

Loredas. 3rd of Hearthfire

Like many things, it looks like my father was wrong about Orcs. Lorak proved to be worth the hefty price he called for, apart from his strength and prowess with a blade, he has a keen eye for traps and a rudimentary understanding of magical enchantments. I danger to say that I may not have succeeded in reaching the depths of the ruins if not for him. And like some many other things, it looks likes I was right about Uli'enduer, there is definitively strong residing in these ruins. It's construction is odd, it is similar to that of the ancient Chimer but also reminiscent of the Ayleids.

Morndas, 5th of Hearthfire

Lorak continues to prove his worth to me. Upon investigation of the tombs near the bottom of the west wing of Uli'enduer, I must have set off a [Unreadable] with my wound, I will take this time more closely investigating the architecture here.

Tirdas, 6th of Hearthfire

I can barely contain my excitement. With Lorak's help, we continued to make our way through the ruins. As we got deeper, there was an unnatural coolness to the air, Lorak had to be convinced to continue on deeper. And there it was, in the hands of long lost corpse: it was leather bound with strange, possibly daedric characters written across the spine. The tome looks more ancient than any people of Nirn. The bones of the corpse that held the tome also interests me, while they almost fall to dust at my touch they also show interesting scratches resembling teeth marks. Could he have died to cannibalism? Either way, I have what I came for. We will be making our way out as soon as possible.

Middas, 7th of Hearthfire

Fresh air. One of life's small pleasure that most ignore everyday. I can now walk normally without much aid and for now we've returned to our camp a few hours outside of Uli'enduer.

Turdas, 8th of Hearthfire
    [Page Missing]

Fredas, 9th of Hearthfire

Amazing. [Unreadable] my suspicions but the tome seems to be written in an older tongue of the Bosmer. To imagine that they had ever built such large underground palaces, no one would've guessed. If so, this will be an amazing. Lorak has been bothering me with more of his suspicions. He doesn't like the book, he says that his ancestors have visited him in his dreams to warn him about my tome. Perhaps, when this is all over, I will tell him about my feelings.

Loredas, 10th of Hearthfire

Annoying. I can't believe I've fallen in love with such a man. Four times. FOUR TIMES last night he awoke and ran into the woods to chase imaginary men. He claims to hear footsteps, I keep trying to tell him we are too far out to worry about bandits or highwaymen.
This discussion has been closed.