The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Public Dungeons in Other Alliance Zones

Nestor
Nestor
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
All 3 of my characters are still PvEing and finishing up the MQ (yes I putter around). So, I am not VR Rank and the rest of the zones are not unlocked to me.

Last night I figured out how to zoom my map out to "national view" and "world view" (it's a right click on the map in case your wondering) and noticed something strange, at least to me. I could travel to Group Dungeons in other Alliance zones, like my AD character could go to Wayrest or a PD in the Ebonheart Pact. It also seems to be that with more lower level Group dungeons completed, I could travel to more Group Dungeons in other Alliance Zones.

I did not actually try to travel, as I was not sure what would happen or if I could get back, but could I go to one of those dungeons, the walk out and be in another Alliance without completing Coldharbor and the MQ?
Edited by Nestor on August 8, 2014 5:27PM
Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can do all group dungeons that is open for your tier of lvl.

if you try to walk out of the dungeon in another faction, you will be ported back to your own faction
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh, good to know about traveling back, thank you.

However, both of the characters I noticed this on are level 45 and 46. One has done the lower level Group Dungeons, the other has not. One can only go to Wayrest and whatever the low level dungeon in the EP is, but the other can go to other public dungeons. I think you also have to have completed the dungeon at the lower levels to have travel access to the higher level ones.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do I mark this as answered?

• traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I remember right, you have to do the dungeon in your faction and then it unlocks the other 2. (For the group dungeons like Fungal Grotto and banished cells). They may have changed this. You have to premake a group for the other 2, because you can't hang around outside them until you unlock the zonse they are in in VR.. and peopel tend not to hang around outside them at VR.

The public dungeons, unlock as you unlock zones (and scale with the zone you are in, so they are 3 different levels depending on your alliance) Crow's Woods is like 8, VR1 and VR6 depending on what faction you are.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Group Dungeons are unlocked either after you complete the one in your own faction territory at that level, or if you talk to the Undaunted in the tavern in the main city of each zone. You can travel to and complete any dungeon you have unlocked by talking to Undaunted, regardless of whether you have completed the equivalent on your own alliance, or whether you have done the lower level ones in the other alliances.

Public Dungeons can only be accessed when their parent zone is unlocked.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get the group dungeons on the map when you join the Undaunted.

You can go and teleport to them as soon as you join (i believe the earliest is around level 3ish), but i recommend you wait a bit longer before actually attempting to clear one of them.
    :)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my characters has not joined the Undaunted, so there must be two mechanisms for getting the map markers.

• smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    One of my characters has not joined the Undaunted, so there must be two mechanisms for getting the map markers.

you don't have to join the undaunted afaik, though I am not sure why you wouldn't want to. You get a skill line that levels up as you do the 4man dungeons.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because I rarely do the 4 man dungeons.

• Dovakin87
    Dovakin87
    Soul Shriven
    I've completed fungal grotto and spoke to the undaunted dude and still there are no travel points to the other 2 factions dungeons in their starter areas? I'm lvl 11 btw
  • Athas24
    Athas24
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every tier there are 3 dungeons to complete. To find them all simply talk to the 2-3 undaunted in that tier's main city. They will open them all on the map for you. Then port to them and bam! you can rock them out. :)
    ...OverTwerked & Underpaid.
    Rajaat04 in game @Athas24 on forums
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dovakin87 wrote: »
    I've completed fungal grotto and spoke to the undaunted dude and still there are no travel points to the other 2 factions dungeons in their starter areas? I'm lvl 11 btw

On the PC, if you Right Click on the Map to go up one level to the "Continent Level" then you can see the Group Dungeons in the other Alliances. Click on the marker for the Dungeon and your sent. Not sure how you get that view on the Consoles.

• bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    U have t paid much attention to the Undaunted guy did you?
    Yes after doin your own alliance dungeon u can do the other 2 of the same lvl in the 2 other factions, usually if u have a decent group its custom to do em all in a row
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)