The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Compatibility tool for Update 3

Garkin
Garkin
✭✭✭
Many addons won't be updated at the time when server is available, so you might find useful this tool (install it as any other addon):
CompatibilityTool for Update 3

This tool emulates four removed/changed functions in Update 3, so addons should work even if they are not updated yet.
However tool isn't almighty, if some addon uses removed/changed functions before this tool is loaded you will still get an UI error and you will have to wait until that addon is properly updated for the latest patch.

Fixed functions:
* GetBagInfo(bagId)
* GetItemArmorType(itemLink)
* GetItemWeaponType(itemLink)
* GetShortAllianceName(alliance)

Thanks to @Merlight for new and corrected code.
Edited by Garkin on August 6, 2014 3:04PM
Garkin / EU / CSF guild
My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
My folder with updated/modified addons: DROPBOX
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't like links to external sites, tool is attached here:
    Edited by Garkin on August 6, 2014 3:01PM
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
  • MeowGinger
    MeowGinger
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you!
  • GnatB
    GnatB
    ✭✭✭✭
    *sigh*

Apparently whomever works on the API at ZoS hasn't ever heard of deprecating functions. Seriously, would it have been that hard for them to use the old functions that simply call the new ones for an update or two?
    Achievements Suck
  • Seerah
    Seerah
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not certain why they can't just use one function for both item link and bag/slot ids. All you'd have to do is check to see what was passed into it.
    Author & Moderator at ESOUI
    My Addons
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    This tool doesn't fix the ["@Accountname"] issue does it?

If it doesn't it will still require any saved variables that still contain [""] for account name to be changed to ["@Accountname"]
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /respect
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    This tool doesn't fix the ["@Accountname"] issue does it?

If it doesn't it will still require any saved variables that still contain [""] for account name to be changed to ["@Accountname"]
    No, this tool does not fix your saved variables. In my case it is not necessary as I was using Display Name Fix addon.
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
  • BrierTOG
    BrierTOG
    ✭✭✭
    still it helped with some of the older addons that didn't seem to work anymore after the patch, which are now working again.
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seerah wrote: »
    I'm not certain why they can't just use one function for both item link and bag/slot ids. All you'd have to do is check to see what was passed into it.

My guess is they use some automatic C++ => Lua bindings generator, which is limited to 1:1 mapping, no overloads.
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • ShadowscaleSithis
    ShadowscaleSithis
    ✭✭✭
    Is this on the minion app?

NVM Found it -- would not show up when tried searching for it
    Edited by ShadowscaleSithis on August 7, 2014 6:26PM
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, @Garkin‌ : thanks so much for this. My husband and I use the advanced autoloot aadd-on to minimize trips to the bank while questing, and it hasn't worked since the update. I downloaded your tool today and gave it a test, and it seems to have done the trick. Hooray!!!

It also removed the UI errors from Vicster's Inventory Insight, but doesn't make the add-on functional (just FYI, not asking for a fix).

Thanks a ton for still being here, and working on these updates!! You're my hero, and I'd like to buy you an ale!
    Edited by sylviermoone on August 8, 2014 4:28PM
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    <...snip...>

It also removed the UI errors from Vicster's Inventory Insight, but doesn't make the add-on functional (just FYI, not asking for a fix).

<...snip...>
    Manavortex made an update for Inventory Insight:
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info681-VicstersInventoryInsight-Fix.html
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garkin wrote: »
    <...snip...>

<...snip...>
    Manavortex made an update for Inventory Insight:
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info681-VicstersInventoryInsight-Fix.html

Well, slap my ass and call me Sally! You have made my era!!!
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone