The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Which POV do you prefer?

TheSojourner
TheSojourner
✭✭✭
Now that the FOV slider is a thing, which view do you prefer?
Edited by TheSojourner on August 2, 2014 5:21PM

Which POV do you prefer? 178 votes

First Person
23%
theyanceyPsychobunniotis67jessejardinb14_ESOKaizerscribHungerCityLayenemzdkazzSantieClawsgurluasb16_ESOpoodlemasterb16_ESONebthet78jamie.goddenrwb17_ESOglitchmaster999Celenarotxfeinbergsub17_ESOadriant1978Moonscythetheroyalestpythonnub18_ESO 41 votes
Third Person
76%
ZOS_EdLynchUdyrfrykteTerminusr3gnr8r_ESOSilver_Queencjwilke_ESOindytims_ESOKikazaruGilvothKaytlinh1roshim4_ESObgoldbeck21_ESOGalenTeargrantssupergendob14a_ESOnerevarine1138BelegnoleNewBlacksmurfcalamityAortick 137 votes
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Person
    I just feel like it's me in there in first person.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Third Person
    In the usual TES games i play only in first person , but in ESO that would be too much a problem , so i will probably always play in third peson in this one.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use first person in towns, third person when wandering outside towns and fighting.

I prefer first person, but practically require third person for battle.
  • Falmer
    Falmer
    ✭✭✭✭
    First Person
    ESO works very well in first person, which I greatly prefer for this kind of game. Third person works well enough in Mass Effect or Assassins Creed, but for the kind of combat in ESO and other TES games, First Person is the best (for me).
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Third Person
    Always third person in every RPG. I hate first person rpgs and avoid them like the plague. If there is something that messes up immersion in a RPG it is first person. I played TES in third person since Morrowind even if the Bethesda guys were very determined of doing a *** poor job of it even in Skyrim. Thank Sheo for third person mods. :) And thank ZOS for actually doing the third person properly in this one.
    Edited by PBpsy on August 2, 2014 6:39PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • siledre
    siledre
    ✭✭✭
    Third Person
    when I first started ESO I'd play in first person but a game glitch caused freezing in battle and going into third person fixed it, so I just play third person in this game now, plus the added I can see what's happening all around me is crucial, especially in pvp.
  • ExiledKhallisi
    ExiledKhallisi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Third Person
    Usually reverse cowgi.........I meant third person
    >>>>>>>>(DC)Guild Master of Biestas 250+ Active Members<<<<<<<<
    ||||||Vr14 Sorc: Darkened Soul vr14 Templar: Tiffaney||||||
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
  • TheSojourner
    TheSojourner
    ✭✭✭
    First Person
    PBpsy wrote: »
    Always third person in every RPG. I hate first person rpgs and avoid them like the plague. If there is something that messes up immersion in a RPG it is first person. I played TES in third person since Morrowind even if the Bethesda guys were very determined of doing a *** poor job of it even in Skyrim. Thank Sheo for third person mods. :) And thank ZOS for actually doing the third person properly in this one.
    How would looking through your characters eyes mess up immersion? How does hovering over your character's back make you immersed? This game feels hooooooorible in third person.

• Sabin1269
    Sabin1269
    ✭✭✭
    Third Person
    I love the first person, it help to immerse yourself in the game a little but more but I found it really hard when fighting mobs or enemies with really graphic attacks. For some reason my attacks either seem like they are really delayed or they really are. I would rather third person because you can see the heavy attacks from the mobs.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Person
    First person, but in combat, they don't give you all the information that is needed. In third person it is obvious when you are stunned, for example.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • pitdemon_ESO
    pitdemon_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I use the Immersion addon that swaps from 1st person while adventuring and 3rd person while in combat. Works very well
    The Grixxitt of Melek - Alfar Nightblade
    Grixx of the Reach - Crafter/Reachwitch/Sorceror

Must...downvote...stupidity... (clicks sidebar furiously)
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Third Person
    The Bible says "Thou shalt not play in First Person."

Within; Without.
  • stabbykitteh
    stabbykitteh
    ✭✭✭✭
    First person for wandering and third person for fighting.
  • Kreetar
    Kreetar
    ✭✭✭
    First Person
    this just proves my stupidity, but I didn't know I could be in any different perspective than first person. there was so much visual stimulation that I wasn't used to, that I didn't bother to use the guide to figure out basic things. I can now only play in first person, haha. :p
    dip me in the blood of mortals and throw me to the Dremora

• Layenem
    Layenem
    ✭✭✭✭
    First Person
    lol I meant to click third person... anyone who knows me I don't do first person! Not even in real life!!!
  • bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Person
    First person all day.
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Third Person
    I would have fun playing in either, but I like to watch the character like I would watch a movie. I prefer first person in shooters because third person shooters allow players to see around corners while camping.
  • david271749
    david271749
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the Immersion addon that swaps from 1st person while adventuring and 3rd person while in combat. Works very well

@pitdemon_ESO
    That's cool. Have a link? Does it work well in pvp?
    Edited by david271749 on August 3, 2014 12:45AM
  • Armianlee
    Armianlee
    ✭✭✭
    I use first person when I am just exploring, but third in battle. Especially with more than one mob. I am just not as efficient taking down more than one if I cannot see them charging attacks behind me.
    Basic circle of complaints on ESO Forums:
    1) Users: Fix game/class/bug
    2) Zenimax Online: Brings servers down and fixes issues and deploys patches.
    3) Users: OMG SERVERS ARE DOWN!!!!!
    4) Zenimax Online: Brings servers back up!
    5) See 1)

VR10 Sword and Board Templar (Heavy Armour), Ebonheart Pact
    LVL 25 Sorcerer, Daggerfall Covenant
    LVL 28 DK, Ebonheart Pact
    LVL 15 Nightblade, Altmari Dominion
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First TES game I ever played in Third Person. Have to with the combat.

I do go First Person inside buildings in towns.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st person for my female character & 3rd person for my male character (because I like looking at his backside! :D )
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• Auralia
    Auralia
    ✭✭✭
    Third Person
    In single player ES I always play 1st person, in MMO's I always play 3rd person.
  • gurluasb16_ESO
    gurluasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    First Person
    I use First Person. I always used First Person in all of Bethesda's games, from Morrowind to Fallout 3.

Sometimes I go out in Third person to look at my armor because it's pretty. But generally I stick to first person.
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Third Person
    I started off playing in first person, but then found that first person is impractical because you need to see your whole character in order to get the best understanding of what is happening.
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Person
    My Vampire Witch solos + dungeons for fun. That's 8 - 10 man groups. She does ones 2 - 6 above her level 'cause otherwise it's a face roll.

First person always. I can tell you how to do that BTW.
  • zdkazz
    zdkazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    First Person
    firsr person even in pvp(played mortal for years)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hunARs_sD_E
    (heres some mortal)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwoB0rxpc3s
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Person
    I prefer a first person POV in games, but I play ESO mostly in third person. In the start all I used was first person, but eventually I just gave up.
    [DC/NA]
  • GrimMauKin
    GrimMauKin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Third Person
    I've always played third person (in Skyrim too); I like to see the whole of my character and I think that you also get a better overview of the battlefield.
    I am one of The Great Mediocracy, those whose role in life is to provide the baseline by which The Few deem themselves Great.
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Third Person
    Third person. I like to see my character and as much of my surroundings as possible.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Third Person
    I love that they put in a good first person system, but I cant play using it. I -have- to have the extra awareness that 3rd person gives.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank