The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Remove Former Emporer Perks/Buffs?

Enkil
Enkil
✭✭✭✭✭
Edited by Enkil on July 24, 2014 11:36AM

Remove Former Emporer Perks/Buffs? 292 votes

Yes
68%
Tega_BaphometTintinabulaGrunimTalcyndlDleatherusThe_Drexillpitdemon_ESOrophez_ESOindytims_ESOfastolfv_ESORana1014GilvothWarrioroftheWind_ESOKaytlinEvanduschimneyswift_ESORaedershanersimms_ESOdracobains_ESO 201 votes
No
28%
VuronAttorneyatlawlpotato404icengr_ESONekOnOkOEatitapplekevlarto_ESOSynozeerliquid_wolfk1llorbek1lledArtisnerevarine1138SurragardDiviniusIllumousAntirobNaw_SunrestLonePirateCinnamon_Spiderreagen_lionel 82 votes
Other.. (see comments)
3%
frankuguzzb16_ESOThatRedguardGuyDraxysNox_AeternasiledreToRelaxPhinix1ThevampirenightFluffiestOne 9 votes
  • Kego
    Kego
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    No.
    The Buffs are so low, they make as good as no impact to the Game.
    If someone thinks he has to trade Emprer. Well I pity them, if they don't know what else to do with there time.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.. (see comments)
    I vote to make the Emperor and Former Emperor buffs only work in Cyrodiil.
  • couchkyle25_ESO
    couchkyle25_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, Emperor's should be totally reset once Zeni makes sure it cannot happen again. Yes this is unfair to those ppl who rightfully earned it, but frankly we have too many Former Emperors running around now imo.
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    How do you define rightfully earning it? Just because any givin campaign isn't as busy as wabba at some points in the day means they didn't deserve it? I know of guys that fought for 13hrs straight on the last keep to get it as well. Most of them didn't sleep for days/weeks to get to the top of the leaderboard as well.. If you want to blame anyone blame yourself for not going there to defend! srsly!
  • couchkyle25_ESO
    couchkyle25_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    How do you define rightfully earning it? Just because any givin campaign isn't as busy as wabba at some points in the day means they didn't deserve it? I know of guys that fought for 13hrs straight on the last keep to get it as well. Most of them didn't sleep for days/weeks to get to the top of the leaderboard as well.. If you want to blame anyone blame yourself for not going there to defend! srsly!

When at any point did I mention only Wabba is "earning" it? Anyone who fights their ass off to get Emperor earned it, regardless of the Campaign they are on. If you got your Emperorship via "Trading" (which is the point of this) then you didn't really earn crap.
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Well whats been worked for has been worked for.. I vote if they want to remove the emp buffs they should delete everyones gear sets as well! =p
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Actually I was just reading another article regarding some upcoming changes to the imperial city and it was suggested to set a sort of time limit so you cant lose emperorship to have an opportunity to experience the imperial city a bit.. I totally support that idea but it also cant be too long or cyrodiil would be dead quiet until closing time.
  • Kalann_Pander
    Kalann_Pander
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No.

The title is "Emperor", not "General", which infers both civilian and military rule.
    As such, using diplomacy should be a viable way of gaining it.

It's not like the benefits are groundbraking anyway, but they're enough to keep people gunning for it. This participates in keeping Cyrodill busy.

You guys are just sour and envious because you haven't got it yet, so you want to spurn people who used their brains. Instead of "shooting down", try "aiming up". If you want it so badly, just do what it takes to get there.

This is a case of L2P, only it doesn't involve tactics, but long-term strategy.
    That should involve some measure of reward, and the "former emperor" bonuses do just that - provide a reasonable reward, which while desirable, is in no manner necessary for high performance.

The whole "emperor-ship" game reminds me of Game of Thrones.
    People both conspire and fight it out on the battlefield to sit their butt on the throne.

I find that quite fitting, and in fact, wouldn't want it any other way.

And before someone asks : No, I haven't been emperor. Yet.
    But when I get to it, I'll certainly practice what I preach - even if that means hiring a few knives from the other side to keep the competition in check >:)
    Edited by Kalann_Pander on August 16, 2014 6:12AM
    Opinions are like buttholes : Everybody has one, and they usually stink.

3 things to reduce stamina/magicka imbalance :
    - Use magicka to block abilities costing magicka, instead of stamina.
    - Add % damage reduction to heavy armor.
    - Add block penetration to 2H.
  • Evandus
    Evandus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If the rewards are undesirable or insignificant as people (who obviously don't want to lose it) have stated, then why are entire guilds playing the emperor trading game?

If the emperor trading isn't affecting anyone else, then why are there so many threads complaining about it?

• Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The rewards are clearly perceived to be significant. Although ZOS clearly designed the former emp buffs to be minor compared to the current emp buff, they underestimated that MMO players will do anything -- even exploit and engage in anti-competitive behavior -- just to secure a minor permanent buff.

Also, whether the buff is significant from a PVP gameplay perspective is irrelevant. The issue is that it is causing exploitive and anti-competitive behavior, regardless of whether it is significant from a gameplay perspective.
    Edited by Aeratus on July 24, 2014 1:55PM
  • liquid_wolf
    liquid_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    The Former Emperor Buffs provide little advantage in actual Cyrodiil PvP.

No former emperor could withstand the onslaught of four or five people trying to bring him down, or getting caught in siege and aoe.

I've watched entire teams of former emperors do no better than a group of lower level pvpers.

Ultimately this is a case of The Haves vs The Have Nots, and unlike a french revolution, the Haves really don't have anything.
    Edited by liquid_wolf on July 24, 2014 2:00PM
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, ZOS should review (if the data for it is stored - most likely not) the growth and circumstances of their road to emperorship to determine foul play. Otherwise they should just fix it and move on.
  • frankuguzzb16_ESO
    Other.. (see comments)
    Reset them evry 90 days.
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The Former Emperor Buffs provide little advantage in actual Cyrodiil PvP.

No former emperor could withstand the onslaught of four or five people trying to bring him down, getting caught in siege and aoe.
    As mentioned, it is irrelevant that it provides little actual advantage in pvp.

The issue is that it is creating a perverse incentive for players to engage in emperor farming.
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Obvious cheating is obvious. Letting someone win is called boosting, and it's cheating.
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    The buffs for former Emperor aren't game breaking. They're fairly minor but it gives the person some bragging rights. If your argument is that due to some glitch or flaw in the past that's now been fixed someone got Emperor that shouldn't have and so they should be stripped of the perks it's not worth taking it from everyone (including those who earned it) because a few people exploited.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    lol as all these emperor flippers rushing to defend a broken reward.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    They should reset former emperor buffs with the new campaign set ups.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Although desirable it really doesn't give you much. Getting rid of it would rightfully *** a huge portion of the pvp community that has worked very hard to get it, even if they haven't "yet". Have some respect for other people and at least think for a second that maybe everyones circumstances are NOT what your having visions of. Also if you'd like it then go get it like other have!
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Once you lose emperorship you should be rewarded with the tittle and achievement pts. No more buffs.
  • ZOS_UlyssesW
    ZOS_UlyssesW
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, all. We've moved this thread from the General Discussion - English section to the Alliance War section. Thanks!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • SBR_QuorTek
    SBR_QuorTek
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Remove the former emperor passives due to players would be having a slight advantage that only a select few of the people emperor trading get.

But let them keep the title for former emperor, would only seem sort of fair for that part, but still, the other way around will or can seriously disrupt gameplay.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Exploiters aside, being an emperor requires a lot of playtime and is kind of an achievement. I'm glad there are those passive buffs even though I will never be the emperor. It makes it fun. Although I would also like having a special buff for my guild if the emperor is part of it.
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yep. It encourages Emperor trading. Almost every Former Emperor i come across on AB EU i have never once seen as Emperor. I've also noticed that the trains all have the buff which is a clear sign to me that they got it the cheap way on a dead campaign.

There should be buffs for the Emperor and that's it. Once you lose Emperor you lose your buffs. Regain Emperor you get them back. No former buffs, no Emperor trading.

Having a former Emperor title is completely fine, but with no passives attached to it.
  • pitdemon_ESO
    pitdemon_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Orchish wrote: »
    Yep. It encourages Emperor trading. Almost every Former Emperor i come across on AB EU i have never once seen as Emperor. I've also noticed that the trains all have the buff which is a clear sign to me that they got it the cheap way on a dead campaign.

There should be buffs for the Emperor and that's it. Once you lose Emperor you lose your buffs. Regain Emperor you get them back. No former buffs, no Emperor trading.

Having a former Emperor title is completely fine, but with no passives attached to it.

I support this idea, or making former emperor buffs apply ONLY to the last emperor, not the 500 before him
    The Grixxitt of Melek - Alfar Nightblade
    Grixx of the Reach - Crafter/Reachwitch/Sorceror

Must...downvote...stupidity... (clicks sidebar furiously)
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.. (see comments)
    Orchish wrote: »

I support this idea, or making former emperor buffs apply ONLY to the last emperor, not the 500 before him

Dunno , maybe last a month? Or a week?

Now mind you , i understand that there are tons who exploit this, but there were some who actually deserved it im sure.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Krinaman
    Krinaman
    ✭✭✭
    No
    The problem is while some traded for it some really worked for it.

IMO - the perks should be earnable through normal PvP so everybody can get them. It's not like the emperor got it on her/his own. I would make it like a normal skill line that opens at a certain alliance war level. Getting emp gives you all of them at once.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Emperor farmers have destroyed this title and the little passives you get. To the point where I see anyone with Former Emperor and I just roll my eyes and think they farmed for it. Hell I saw someone running around Cyrodiil the other day with a former emperor title and he/she had to be no higher than like rank 13 or some crap... it's just a dead meaningless title now... get rid of it.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    There are several reasons why this needs to happen.

1) Internal sabotage by ones own alliance by placing unmanned sieges so that a keep falls.

2) Deliberately allowing the alliance to lose the inner circle so that a new emperor can be crowned.

3) Greater focus on AP farming for former emperor buffs rather than defending alliance objectives. People would rather sit on a good AP farm to move up the leader board rather than go defend a keep or scroll.

4) Guilds are selling former emperor. Source - see any extraneous eso forums

5) On some servers all 3 alliances are in collusion to trade emperor, making the whole 3 alliance war for cyrodiil a farce.

6) Former emperor buffs actually undermine Full emperor status. Emperors are expected to abdicate so that others can get the buff. If they don't they are made a pariah, disparaged, and excluded. So not only does it ruin the faction war, it actually ruins the role of Emperor altogether because one cannot enjoy Emperor without incurring the wrath of every Former emp farmer on the server.
    .....How fair is it to reward a player at the top of the leader boards with a system that does nothing but make his own alliance hate him for enjoying?
    Edited by Armitas on July 24, 2014 4:54PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    This emperor trading system also creates a lot of problems lorewise. Imagine the history book for this era that we might find in the next solo elderscrolls release. It might look something like this....

_________________________The History of Tamriel Volume IV ________________________

... And with the fall of the Reman dynasty the reign of the Ephemeral Emperors began....
    In the year 2E 582 Emperor A begot Emperor B
    Emperor B begot Emperor C
    Emperor C begot Emperor D
    Emperor D begot Emperor E
    Emperor E begot Emperor F
    Emperor F begot Emperor G
    Emperor G begot Emperor H
    Emperor H begot Emperor I
    Emperor I begot Emperor J
    Emperor J begot Emperor K
    Emperor K begot Emperor L
    Emperor L begot Emperor M
    Emperor M begot Emperor N
    Emperor N begot Emperor O
    Emperor O begot Emperor P
    Emperor P begot Emperor Q
    Emperor Q begot Emperor R
    Emperor R begot Emperor S
    Emperor S begot Emperor T
    Emperor T begot Emperor U
    Emperor U begot Emperor V
    Emperor V begot Emperor W
    Emperor W begot Emperor X
    Emperor X begot Emperor Y
    Emperor Y begot Emperor Z

....And thus they reigned for the first day of that year. On the second day.......
    Edited by Armitas on July 24, 2014 4:17PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK