The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Steam ESO Cash Shop up:

Amsel_McKay
Amsel_McKay
✭✭✭✭✭
Buy The Elder Scrolls Online - Palomino Horse $14.99

Buy The Elder Scrolls Online - $29.99

Buy The Elder Scrolls Online - Imperial Edition Upgrade $19.99

"Purchase the Imperial Edition on Steam and receive a special pet, the Whiterun Wolfhound."

Anyone at Zenimax able to tell me what the next item is going to be on Steam that I cant get on my version? I mean I better buy the steam version if they keep adding unique items that I cant get!
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No offense, but there are already a gazillion of threads about this.

For the record, I do understand your frustration and feel it is unfair.
    Edited by Csub on July 17, 2014 9:12PM
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm you can buy those things on the main website right now..all except the terrible special pet.

Options
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what is next? $12 for the next 10 levels? Zone A and B $4.99?
    Options
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you re-buy the game on steam, the key is for a new account only and can not be used to 'upgrade' your current account, so no dog for current accounts.

Now if they allowed you to merge them, and get 30 days free time and a dog... then I would get it for the hell of it, but currently, you just can't use it
    Options
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I just got back from vacation.. but am I missing something? The only unique thing to steam is the pet as an incentive for people to buy it there. All the "cash shop" stuff is available in their regular store and has been available for quite some time now.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
    Options
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Other vanity pets can be obtained on steam through steam card achievements"
    Options
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Another spit in the face for us who have the other PC version who also can't get a key to convert it to Steam!

Goodness me Zenimax, you disappoint a lot of people!
    Edited by Maotti on July 17, 2014 9:19PM
    PC EU
    Options
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭

Ah, well that would suck (assuming it were true, and I haven't been able to find a place where that's stated) :/
    Edited by Lalai on July 17, 2014 9:51PM
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
    Options
  • Gecko
    Gecko
    ✭✭

Is that actually there or did you make that up? I will check when I get home, but if that is there, and you cannot transfer, I will be pretty freaking upset. Even more than I am about not being able to get a dog.

Edit for clarification on my dog stance: The dog irks me, but I could get over it. If there were ongoing things I have no access to, that would mean I just cancel and move on.
    Edited by Gecko on July 17, 2014 9:25PM
    Options
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is not on the steam page. This is a lie and is trying incite flames.
    Options
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Elder Scrolls Online > English > Topic Details Topic: ESO Steam FAQ by ZOS_AlanG on steam
    Options
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd buy that for a dollar!!
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
    Options
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess the good thing is we dont get the new bugs:

There are a few known issues that can occur when bringing up the Steam Overlay. Our team is currently investigating these.

Bringing up the Steam overlay during the during the opening cinematic of The Elder Scrolls Online causes the game to skip it.

Bringing up the Steam overlay after starting to use an emote causes the player character to stop performing the action of the emote.

Bringing up the Steam overlay while the player character is crouching [CTRL] in ESO causes the player character to stand up.

Switching back and forth between The Elder Scrolls Online and Steam while the character is in motion can cause some characters to get stuck in that motion. If this occurs players will need to close the overlay and interrupt the character with a new command in order to stop the character from running forward.
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Elder Scrolls Online > English > Topic Details Topic: ESO Steam FAQ by ZOS_AlanG on steam

Are we looking at the same post?

Are there Steam achievements or badges for ESO?
    There are currently no Steam achievements or badges for ESO.

Options
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, I found a thing that confirmed there will be steam trading cards for ESO, but it didn't say anything about pets. Without some sort of a direct link, I'm not really inclined to believe the quote.

I don't frequent the steam forums, and I wasn't able to find a "The Elder Scrolls Online" listed under the games there yet, for their forums. So the pathway listed did not work to direct me to that FAQ page. I did look through the ESO support FAQ, and information I could find for steam. Additional pets beyond the one for purchase were not mentioned.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
    Options
  • Delith
    Delith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lalai:

ESO_Steam_imperial-edition-with-special-pet.jpg?t=1405631803
    Edited by Delith on July 17, 2014 9:54PM
    Options
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delith wrote: »
    Lalai:

ESO_Steam_imperial-edition-with-special-pet.jpg?t=1405631803

Yeah, I'm talking about other than the dog. The OP said that pets were going to be offered with the trading card collections. Meaning more than just one vanity pet. That's why I said "beyond the one for purchase were not mentioned" at the end of the post.
    Edited by Lalai on July 17, 2014 9:56PM
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People are so nutty. They whine about the player base and people cancelling subs, and then they whine about the effort made to bring in more players.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • someuser
    someuser
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know, @zos, I've paid almost 100 UDS and been here since early release... I don't really care about the stupid dog, but it just seems really disrespectful to give new stream sub'er something we won't have access to.

-10pts
    To make ESO look and feel like a PC MMO check out the following:

PhinixUI addon-powered interface for ESO
    Options
  • dbishop
    dbishop
    ✭✭✭
    I really wouldn't mind a pet dog, cat or fox to follow me. I missed out on the robot due to a poor choice and wouldn't mind that either.

-10internets ZOS
    Options
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puppygate is going to drown out Quakecon.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

Options
  • Dusty5
    Dusty5
    ✭✭✭
    well more proof that ESO is in the bargain bin.
    Options
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy The Elder Scrolls Online - Palomino Horse $14.99

Buy The Elder Scrolls Online - $29.99

Buy The Elder Scrolls Online - Imperial Edition Upgrade $19.99

"Purchase the Imperial Edition on Steam and receive a special pet, the Whiterun Wolfhound."

Anyone at Zenimax able to tell me what the next item is going to be on Steam that I cant get on my version? I mean I better buy the steam version if they keep adding unique items that I cant get!

Here comes the ***. To be followed by a freemium paywall. You wont be seeing any more guilds Az expansions or sobstantial content with out being a Dlc. I called it weeks ago with sleepy giant taking the helm on one of Zos divisions
    Options
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doesn't matter much to me. As long as they don't go F2P or start putting P2W items in the cash shop, I'm ok with it.
    Options
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i,m trying to care
    nope.. i can't
    Options
  • Shiroro
    Shiroro
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty bad mismanagement of this thing by Zenimax. You don't do something like this unless the populations are completely separate (like Diablo 3 vanity items.)
    Options
  • mrappb14_ESO
    They need to have a way to integrate buying through Steam with existing accounts. I bet some people would be willing to drop a few dollars to have ESO through the Steam overlay and get the dog. I just hope it would be at a discounted price.
    Options
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have already bought the Steam Imperial edition and sent a support ticket to have my account merged. It's not about the dog. I want my Steam account to be what I play ESO with.
    Options
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are so nutty. They whine about the player base and people cancelling subs, and then they whine about the effort made to bring in more players.
    I think the idea is to keep existing ones and build on that. Not create a revolving door where friends and guilds are constantly dropping out.
    Options
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to have a way to integrate buying through Steam with existing accounts. I bet some people would be willing to drop a few dollars to have ESO through the Steam overlay and get the dog. I just hope it would be at a discounted price.
    The Dog is linked to the new account from steam and no current way to merge accounts.

Options