Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Future of ESO Panel"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article The Future of ESO Panel. We hope to see you either in the livestream or in person at QuakeCon! What topic has you most excited?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Quintal
    Quintal
    ✭✭✭
    Well...this QuakeCon is gonna be very interesting!
    ''Subscription fee means that we will offer players the game we set out to make, and the one that fans want to play. Going with any other model meant that we would have to make sacrifices and changes we weren't willing to make.''
    -Matt Firor
    Nick Konkle no longer part of ZOS
    Maria Aliprando no longer part of ZOS
    Paul Sage no longer part of ZOS
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm eagerly anticipating the Justice System and the Champion System :)
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    I have a fancy signature.
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • _subjectnamehere_
    _subjectnamehere_
    ✭✭✭
    Someone please ask him if they are going to encourage people NOT to grind in Craglorn and play the content instead! I don't care how they do it, but they MUST do it! They totally screwed up that zone!
  • mr.scottkenyonub17_ESO
    I'm a long ways to Craglorn, unlike the players who beat the game within the first three days. Just... no appreciation for the game... no wonder people got bored of it, because they beat it so fast!
  • Brandoid
    Brandoid
    ✭✭✭
    Really want to know what they will do with the Imperial City.
    Brandoid - Templar - Ebonheart Pack
  • Ghenra
    Ghenra
    ✭✭✭
    What is the champion system?
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going just for you guys :)
  • Rana1014
    Rana1014
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article The Future of ESO Panel. We hope to see you either in the livestream or in person at QuakeCon! What topic has you most excited?

I'd like to read it if I could actually click on something on your guys website without it asking for my birth date over and over.. I can't access the article because it won't stop asking me.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am more interested in the spell crafting and the champion and justice system. I hope going to be in a update soon.
  • Imperator_Clydus
    Imperator_Clydus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally some news on the Imperial City!

I'm aware of the Justice system, but what is the Champion system? Is this a new feature? I wonder if this is another clue suggesting some sort of Arena system. Perhaps it's just a morality system that ties into the Justice system.

This should be interesting to watch at the very least.
    The First Daggerfall Emperor of Tamriel on Bloodthorn and Guild Leader of Shehai
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited to hear for the changes to Cyrodiil/Imperial City and Champion Content. Let's hope they're meaningful, and numerous!
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Nivzruo_ESO
    Nivzruo_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rana1014 wrote: »

I'd like to read it if I could actually click on something on your guys website without it asking for my birth date over and over.. I can't access the article because it won't stop asking me.
    I had this problem using firefox, tried chrome and it worked fine.
    Nelgyntc- V14 NB
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghenra wrote: »

I believe - though not entirely certain yet - it will replace Veteran Ranks.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Sehjiroub17_ESO
    Sehjiroub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Seriously, they couldn't pick a better time to do their panel? like maybe Saturday or Sunday? Who the hell is gonna be able to be there at 5 PM Friday?
  • mr.scottkenyonub17_ESO
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    Ghenra wrote: »

I believe - though not entirely certain yet - it will replace Veteran Ranks.

Oh Booooy! Here comes the Artillery!
  • Maximis_ESO
    Maximis_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a long ways to Craglorn, unlike the players who beat the game within the first three days. Just... no appreciation for the game... no wonder people got bored of it, because they beat it so fast!

This is not the reason they got bored and left so fast..... VR zones were a drag and sucked.... they are making improvements because everyone quit at VR 1-3.... or a large majority of people.
  • Maximis_ESO
    Maximis_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm aware of the Justice system, but what is the Champion system? Is this a new feature? I wonder if this is another clue suggesting some sort of Arena system. Perhaps it's just a morality system that ties into the Justice system.

If you listen closely the Champion system is an AA system similar to RIFT/DAOC system where they could increase passives like base stats, crit chance etc. Make the character advance and become stronger through gaining passives and not just equipment.
  • Maximis_ESO
    Maximis_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

If you listen closely the Champion system is an AA system similar to RIFT/DAOC system where they could increase passives like base stats, crit chance etc. Ma
    the character advance and become stronger through gaining passives and not just equipment.

By bad, not listen closely lol..... listening to paul sage on http://elderscrollsotr.mymiddleearth.com/2014/07/11/episode-118-update-3-w-paul-sage/ tons of new information right here in this.
  • Ghenra
    Ghenra
    ✭✭✭
    Oh! Champion System = more vertical progression.

GG

Pffffffff.........
    Edited by Ghenra on July 12, 2014 8:48AM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys! Now that you've seen the list of topics we'll be discussing, if you have a question that you'd like us to answer during the Q&A please post it here. Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Question: A lot of us are playing characters that we created on the very first day of Early Access. Certain build ideas we had at the time did not work out how we thought, resulting in racial passives that are all but useless for how we play our class. Is there any hope for these non-min/max'd characters that we may someday be able to purchase a race change? If not race change, perhaps a racial passive change?
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rana1014 wrote: »

Worked for me, but here you go

Find out who will be on next week’s QuakeCon panel, the topics they’ll cover, and where to watch.

QuakeCon is just a week away. We’re ready, are you? Even if you can’t join us in person, you can watch the full Future of ESO panel and Q&A session on the Bethesda twitch channel.

The panel begins at 5:00PM CDT on Friday, July 18th. Game Director Matt Firor will introduce the panel and be present for the Q&A. Here are our speakers, the topics you can expect them to cover, and the order in which they will present:

Lead Content Designer Rich Lambert – Veteran City of Ash dungeon, region three of Craglorn, dungeon replayability, and grouping improvements
    Lead PvP Designer Brian Wheeler – the Imperial City
    Lead Client Programmer Jesse McIntyre – facial animations
    Creative Director Paul Sage – the Champion System and the Justice System
    Lead Gameplay Designer Nick Konkle – Spellcrafting
    Art Director Jared Carr – combat responsiveness and new PvE content
    The Q&A session will follow immediately after the presentation, and all of our panelists will answer questions until we’re out of time. The panel is only part of the fun we have planned for the show, so check out our detailed QuakeCon article to make sure you don’t miss anything. See you at the show!

Discuss this on the official ESO forums.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a Templar, I hope I can put Champion Points into big gains in Magicka Recovery. Maybe I won't run out of resources in the middle of each fight or have to stand around waiting for my entire magicka bar to regen between trash pulls...
  • lancepro
    lancepro
    ✭✭
    For Lead PvP Designer Brian Wheeler – the Imperial City

Will The Imperial City be the only PVP area planned for the far future? Any chances for PVP areas out in the sea (Reference: Sea Battle Quest in Aldmeri Dominon)?
    Edited by lancepro on July 12, 2014 4:04PM
    Rocketship Builder, Pizza Expert
    "I swear by my life and my love of it."
    Beta Tested since 8/15/13
  • DeadByNow
    DeadByNow
    ✭✭✭
    Keeping dungeons Fun. Is there any plans to make rare parts or material that will be required to drop from bosses. It would be awesome if rare items dropped that were crafting materials. Then you would have to take the item to your trusted smith to have the item made or added to a weapon/armor.
  • Inzababa
    Inzababa
    ✭✭✭
    PvP content, what are the plans, what can we expect soon?

Will ZOS focus a bit more on PvP since the first 3 content patches have almost exclusively been on PvE? (apart from fixes and a few balance tweeks).

Minigames / Arena?

Guild vs Guild content?

What's this PvP dungeon we heard about some weeks ago?

Resistance is FUtilez
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value.

Resistance is FUtilez
  • Aortick
    Aortick
    ✭✭✭
    O I wish I could go to QuakeCon, but will definitely will be watching the Twitch Stream. Thanks for Streaming it.
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh oh I have a question!

Is either player housing or guild housing a thing you're working on?
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • Leijona
    Leijona
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q: When will we see some time sinks that are not related to fighting? Such as mini games, housing, music system (Lotro), horse races or stuff like that.
  • mr.scottkenyonub17_ESO
    Question: When will we expect to see updated models for the race designs? I know, when it comes to the biology of the races, that both Argonians and Kahjiit have digitgrade feet rather than plantigrade, the latter being present in the current designs, the result of Bethesda being under time restraints (or just being lazy).