The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Relog, they just pushed a hotfix for fps

Xsorus
Xsorus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
at 2:40 am eastern time.
  • f.bartalinib16_ESO
    f.bartalinib16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    does it work for you?
    Edited by f.bartalinib16_ESO on July 8, 2014 6:58AM
    Aldmeri Dominion: Ipnosy- Vt.12 DK - Guild: The Oscure Brotherhood - EU server
    Options
  • Leovolao
    Leovolao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not really.... down to 20 fps in a 4v4 fight!
    I actually rushed in to try this "fix".... should have known better. *** you ZoS!
    tea pot

"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?"
    Options
  • Renuo
    Renuo
    ✭✭✭
    Leovolao wrote: »
    I actually rushed in to try this "fix".... should have known better. *** you ZoS!

20 is fine and playable (not ideal I know).

I'm at work and can't test for sure, but anyone getting smashed by the 10FPS or less kind of lag yet? Especially the one that doesn't go away until you relog...
    Dark Renuo - Nightblade - Daggerfall Thornblade
    Nightblade PVP - https://www.youtube.com/user/renuoz
    Options
  • Leovolao
    Leovolao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Renuo wrote: »

I'm at work and can't test for sure, but anyone getting smashed by the 10FPS or less kind of lag yet? Especially the one that doesn't go away until you relog...

20 fps in a 4v4 man... no siege and no excessive healing spells.
    tea pot

"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?"
    Options
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Renuo wrote: »

I'd be thrilled with steady 20fps, before I was getting about 3fps.
    Options
  • ZOS_MichelleA
    ZOS_MichelleA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, all! We have indeed pushed a hotfix to both megaservers. If you would be so kind, could anyone here let us know how the game plays for you, post-hotfix? :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Morticielle
    Morticielle
    ✭✭✭
    In the end FailiMax will fix this problem in a way, that EVERY player in PvP has always 5 fps. So nobody can argue that he's got a disadvantage. ;)

@Zenimax: If you choose to do so, please contact me about license fees, because I have an international patent pending for this revulotionary technique. :stuck_out_tongue:
    Lady Morticielle d'Aragòn |VR12| Sorcerer | PvP Rank 21 (Major Grade I) | EU-Megaserver | AD

Subscription cancelled due to the following facts:

- Zenimax implements more bugs from patch to patch
    - Zenimax does not care about the increasing instability of the game. People have more and more crashes Fix of memory bug decreased number of crashes considerably
    - Zenimax has still not fully fixed the fps drops they (!) implemented with patch1.2.3
    - Zenimax does nothing to fix the massive ability lags in PvP
    - Zenimax gives more attention to unnecassary 'content' like dyes for armors than fixing issues
    - In patchnotes Zenimax lies about bugs allegedly fixed
    - Zenimax has no plan as to how balance population in Cyrodiil campaigns
    - Support is ineffective and does not even speak in a way one can linguistically understand

Options
  • Morticielle
    Morticielle
    ✭✭✭
    (f..king double post)

P.S.: Now I go to Cyrodiil and will report about it later.
    Edited by Morticielle on July 8, 2014 8:20AM
    Lady Morticielle d'Aragòn |VR12| Sorcerer | PvP Rank 21 (Major Grade I) | EU-Megaserver | AD

Subscription cancelled due to the following facts:

- Zenimax implements more bugs from patch to patch
    - Zenimax does not care about the increasing instability of the game. People have more and more crashes Fix of memory bug decreased number of crashes considerably
    - Zenimax has still not fully fixed the fps drops they (!) implemented with patch1.2.3
    - Zenimax does nothing to fix the massive ability lags in PvP
    - Zenimax gives more attention to unnecassary 'content' like dyes for armors than fixing issues
    - In patchnotes Zenimax lies about bugs allegedly fixed
    - Zenimax has no plan as to how balance population in Cyrodiil campaigns
    - Support is ineffective and does not even speak in a way one can linguistically understand

Options
  • CheesyDaedra
    CheesyDaedra
    ✭✭✭
    What does it modify? @ZOS_MichelleA‌ , is it just some other particles or a fix to the binaries for the GPU going idle and such?
    Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fishstick, it's a very delicate state of mind.
    Options
  • arnaldomoraleseb17_ESO
    Guys please can you stop to trolling and only say if the problem was fixed or not?
    Debon Templar VR14 Thorn Blade (EU)
    Gaunnes DK VR14 Haderus (EU)
    Options
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect for me and Auriels Bow EU, according to mapchat. Whatever it was, you found it finally.

Won`t drop below 30 fps inside keep zergfights now, dropped to 5 fps before hotfix!
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on July 8, 2014 8:29AM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
    Options
  • MoeCoastie
    MoeCoastie
    ✭✭✭
    works great for me! Literally night and day...so much so that Im asking myself if it ran this smoothly prior to everything getting jacked up.
    Options
  • tino.antoninieb17_ESO
    Yes, question is simple is now good for you as it was before 1.2.3 ?
    Options
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huge improvements in overall performance. The latency between client and server is improved 10x over.

-I can actually use abilities when close to death.
    -I'm able to weapon swap again.
    -Frames are significantly better in smaller scale fights.
    -Frames in large scale fights now do not drop below 20, which is a massive improvement but still not as good as it was pre -1.2.3

**-GPU usage is still dropping significantly in large fights however.
    Edited by Perphection on July 8, 2014 8:50AM
    Options
  • Renuo
    Renuo
    ✭✭✭
    Happy to hear so far hopefully when I get on tonight will be able to run without a hitch :)
    Dark Renuo - Nightblade - Daggerfall Thornblade
    Nightblade PVP - https://www.youtube.com/user/renuoz
    Options
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is the hotfix part of 1.2.5 ? or is it something else ?
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
    Options
  • ZOS_MichelleA
    ZOS_MichelleA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    is the hotfix part of 1.2.5 ? or is it something else ?
    It is a separate update.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, all! We have indeed pushed a hotfix to both megaservers. If you would be so kind, could anyone here let us know how the game plays for you, post-hotfix? :)

Not getting the fps I should given my comp's specs but lag in rendering/loading is completely gone and cyrodiil is no longer a slideshow. Game is quite playable again.
    Edited by LrdRahvin on July 8, 2014 9:08AM
    Options
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    haven't managed to do thorough testing but preliminary impression is that it is significantly better. Will test better later tonight/tomorrow.
    Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was able to play normally in multiple types of PvP settings. Keep sieges, defenses, ganks, small group, large group.

I played for 2 hours without having my FPS lock up. I had down moments (around 10, but ive seen that in the past when running high graphics settings) its playable, not a slideshow.

I consider this "fps bug" fixed.

But I gotta know, was I right? I find it funny how it got fixed the moment I made those posts directed to Jessica about what I believed it to be. My GPU is no longer kicking into idle, FPS returns to normal after it drops a bit.
    Edited by Rylana on July 8, 2014 9:20AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
    Options
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Played for 30mins including a 30 v 20 outside a keep with 5-6 siege weapons firing and the game played really smooth. In fact I'm tempted to say this was my best experience since launch because not only did my fps never drop low enough for me to notice but weapon swaps and abilities weren't delayed either.

So far so good I just need to see how things are in a large scale battle during primetime.
    Options
  • SeltzerDuke
    SeltzerDuke
    ✭✭✭
    So far, after an hour-plus of the epic Chal defense on Dawnbreaker, my fps have been pretty steady, dipping a bit but nowhere near the single-digit horror show of recent weeks. I have been getting a couple of lock-ups/unknown error disconnects, but that was always a pvp issue. :P There seems to be a bit of stuttering, with health bars (both friendly and enemy) kind of jumping around erratically rather than the usual refill/dropping rates you see, but it's not a big issue.
    Options
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I must say that, after annoying the living hell out of AD by burning their siege, firing down their FCs and such the EP who saw me stealthing around they didn't even attack me, probably laughing their asses off thinking, "That's what that f-ing feline *** is always doing to us."

Despite there apparently being a big EP vs AD fight going on nearby, and occasionally getting ganked by 25 or so AD at once, I didn't notice a problem whatsoever.

Notably, I have a powerful PC and video card, and have been at minimal settings, but that didn't prevent me from dropping to 1/4 FPS in large keep battles!

We shall see how the campaign reacts when more people awaken and start to retake all the AD's gains of the (from my POV) evening, but...

initial results are very positive!
    Options
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Had a chance to test PVP in Wabbajack after installing the hotfix update.

The performance now seems to be better than it has been during the past couple months.

- Prior to live server, on PTS I was getting 30-35fps in cyrodiil (low to medium settings) @1920x1080, with no frame rate drops, 40-50 fps in delves.

- On live prior to patch 1.2.3, frame rate was ~25-35fps in cyrodiil (lowest settings except medium texture and medium subsampling) @1600x900, with occasional drops down to 10-12fps near large keep battles on high pop campaigns. Around 40-50fps in pve delves. (these are on lowest settings but higher subsampling)

- Following patch 1.2.3 my frame rate was similar except it would frequently drop in even smaller pvp battles down to 1 or 2fps, even at 1280x720, lowest possible settings, and with audio turned off. Also experienced drops down to 2-4 fps in Craglorn. Occasionally when the frame rate was as high as 20fps, the game felt very unresponsive compared to previous

- After this latest hotfix, I'm able to play with audio sound effects turned on, AA enabled @ 1280x720, medium textures, medium subsampling, and my frame rate ranges from 22-40fps in cyrodiil. Only a couple times near extremely large battles with many enemy players did my frame rate drop down around 8-12fps. There seemed to be some improvement to server latency, as the game felt much more responsive at 20fps for example, compared to 20fps yesterday.

In case it's helpful, here are my pc specs:
    i7-820qm (laptop)
    1GB AMD 5830 Mobility
    16GB RAM
    game installed on dual Intel X-18M SSDs in Raid0
    win7 64
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on July 8, 2014 12:07PM
    Options
  • Vez
    Vez
    ✭✭✭

I was able to test pre and post hotfix in the same large battle and there's an obvious and definite improvement. It's better. And mostly playable but I'm still dropping as low as 18 FPS in large keep battles from time to time (up from 5 FPS pre-hotfix but down from 30+ pre-1.2.3).
    Edited by Vez on July 8, 2014 12:38PM
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So far, after an hour-plus of the epic Chal defense on Dawnbreaker, my fps have been pretty steady, dipping a bit but nowhere near the single-digit horror show of recent weeks. I have been getting a couple of lock-ups/unknown error disconnects, but that was always a pvp issue. :P There seems to be a bit of stuttering, with health bars (both friendly and enemy) kind of jumping around erratically rather than the usual refill/dropping rates you see, but it's not a big issue.

I was at the chalamo as well. No significant lag for me and I believe there would have been other wise.

Update: Yep no lag at all tonight. Good work ZOS.
    Edited by Armitas on July 9, 2014 10:29AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the FPS come back once you have exited combat - that's the 100 million dollar question that if I get the right answer - I may resub.
    PvP Lead Officer for Einherjar

Member of Einherjar and associated guilds since 2001

A multi Gaming community of players.
    Options
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bitaken wrote: »
    Do the FPS come back once you have exited combat - that's the 100 million dollar question that if I get the right answer - I may resub.

In my case, I didn't need to relog.
    Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    bitaken wrote: »

Ill go to Roeback on my lunch break hopefully or BRK. They are 2 keeps I havent been able to mantain 5+ FPS at any point in the last few weeks. Not sure why either, but I just stopped going to them.
    Options
  • SilentThunder
    SilentThunder
    ✭✭
    I was seeing fps dropping down around 15 at times mostly staying around 20. The biggest improvement fps recover when activity drops without having to relog. Overall its ok not as good as it could be but def playable.
    Saving you or sending you since 2001
    "The light is strong and man is weak and the world walks in-between" R. Trower
    Options