The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

1.2.5 PATCH NOTES !

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The bounty quest rework is a shame. Having it count only your kills kind of benefited solo players a bit. As usual, it was shifted to be all about zerging.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• MeowGinger
    MeowGinger
    ✭✭✭
    Surinen wrote: »
    please, let me repeat my request:
    can anyone on the NA server be so kind and check character creation for Altmer black hair. I wonder if the lack of it has been fixed or its still missing after 3 months.

It is still missing, Justiciar Surinen.
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MeowGinger wrote: »
    All you templars who quit the game because you couldn't biting-jabs-facetank 100% of content: please return. Your demands have been met.

Any reason you're picking on templars...?

Just personal experience - something I noted a while ago. When I first made it to the VR zones the people I saw having the most trouble were Templars who seemed to be used to facetanking everything with biting-jabs spam. They would try and fail over and over and never change tactics.

This doesn't mean they were the only ones having those "problems" of course but they were the only ones I ever saw. I've never seen a DK or a NB have trouble in VR zones. A few sorcs (surprisingly perhaps) and a LOT of templars.

Based on my own experience, I've seen sorcs, NBs, and templars all having difficulty with VR content, and I have seen all four classes facetaking (or trying to), sometimes succeeding.

I would like to point out that while I can't speak for facetaking attempts, templars got a bit shafted in terms of non-health regen. The only templar magicka regen ability doesn't even cover the cost of that ability. I'm not sure how DPS output matches now, but until a recent patch that buffed the damage of several abilities, they were the weakest in terms of DPS output.

I, too, have facetanked... when playing with one hand and using the other to eat a sandwich

Like I said.. it was just my experience. I was sitting at a wayshrine in early VR one day eating some lunch (speaking of sammiches) being entertained, endlessly, by poor Templars attempting to facetank 2 of those lightning bugs.

I saw one Templar there have 15 goes. He tried the same thing 15 times in a row (yes I counted). Biting jabs. Nothing else. He was not alone as a face-tanking biting-jabs Templar but he was the most memorable. ("He" had a male toon in any case). In that scenario it was only Templars having problems. Of course there were Templars that disposed of them easily as well. It was busy back then.

Those Templars could now return to the game and succeed through to VR12.

• Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anastasia wrote: »
    I just went in for a stroll with my VR8 NB. I facetanked mobs of 3 I would sometimes have a little trouble with before. Just walked in with DW-flurry equipped and spammed it.

I stood in the archer circles and facetanked mobs. No problems. I didn't block or dodge. I once broke a stun out of habit. Oops.

Using my bow I just used left mouse. No abilities. Nothing got near me. You can complete VR content with a bow and nothing in your ability bar now. Awesome!

The only problem I had was groups with healers. They're still as powerful with their healing. By problem I mean I had to actually look at the screen.

All you templars who quit the game because you couldn't biting-jabs-facetank 100% of content: please return. Your demands have been met.

No problems. I didn't block or dodge. I once broke a stun out of habit. Oops.

Oh, well thats good for continuity then. Now those that purposely avoid using block, dodge and interrupt will have easy, smooth gameplay times on their way to V+11-12...yup.

And when the flocks of sub 100 IQs with motoric disorders finally arrive at v12 they`ll demand to have a successful pvp and trial experience ("we just wanna have fun", "we paid for that") as well. Back paddling, while left-clicking and keyboard turning only, of course.

I can see the upcoming threads already, nerf this and that, nerf everything.

I wish gaming wouldve never gone mainstream, this is so pathetic. Speaking as a grown up with fulltime job, family and lots of real life responsibilities, don`t bother blaming yours for your inability to use brain, mouse and keyboard, thanks.

Best regards
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on July 7, 2014 5:26PM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wrlifeboil wrote: »
    Phantax wrote: »
    Veteran Rank Changes

Phase 1 of our Veteran gameplay changes begins with this patch, the first in a series of changes we'll be making to improve the post-50 experience overall. We've lowered the difficulty of the second and third alliance zones to bring them more in lines with zones from 1-50. You'll be able to continue soloing through them more easily than before, though they'll still be challenging. We have much more information about Veteran System changes on the way, so make sure to watch our site for updates.

???

OK and HOW have you lowered the difficulty?? Talk about vague and uninformative ! ! !

Only VR1-VR3? Like I said yesterday, with ZOS, read what they say then subtract 50% and that's what they'll deliver.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1079548/#Comment_1079548

I guess in this case we needed to subtract 70% since only three of ten vet ranks were affected by the patch.

The alliance you picked is your first alliance zone. The second and third alliance are the second and third alliance zones. They nerfed the mobs in all VR zones not just 1-3.
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guppet wrote: »
    Veteran Rank Changes

Phase 1 of our Veteran gameplay changes begins with this patch, the first in a series of changes we'll be making to improve the post-50 experience overall. We've lowered the difficulty of the second and third alliance zones to bring them more in lines with zones from 1-50. You'll be able to continue soloing through them more easily than before, though they'll still be challenging. We have much more information about Veteran System changes on the way, so make sure to watch our site for updates.

???

OK and HOW have you lowered the difficulty?? Talk about vague and uninformative ! ! !

Only VR1-VR3? Like I said yesterday, with ZOS, read what they say then subtract 50% and that's what they'll deliver.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1079548/#Comment_1079548

I guess in this case we needed to subtract 70% since only three of ten vet ranks were affected by the patch.

The alliance you picked is your first alliance zone. The second and third alliance are the second and third alliance zones. They nerfed the mobs in all VR zones not just 1-3.

Technically not 'all' VR zones. Craglorn hasn't been touched !
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veteran Rank Changes

???

One guy said it does, but who knows.
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please, let me repeat my request:
    can anyone on the NA server be so kind and check character creation for Altmer black hair. I wonder if the lack of it has been fixed or its still missing after 3 months.

No one has done it, due to it being utterly irrelavent compared to all the other issues people are having. It must be in the bottom 10% of issues that need resolving right now. Broken quests PVP lag and frame rates, these are important issues, not black hair at character select.
  • KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jimm_ay wrote: »
    oh and lets hope if the reduced vr difficulty that they did not reduce xp given..:(..eaiser to kill but you have to kill 4 times as much.

Are you even at VR? You level from quest turn ins, not monster kills.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I need someone to check on a blade of grass in Reapers March it did not look correct... I think it was slightly out of color sinc !!! PLEASE FIX :)
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KariTR wrote: »
    Jimm_ay wrote: »
    oh and lets hope if the reduced vr difficulty that they did not reduce xp given..:(..eaiser to kill but you have to kill 4 times as much.

Are you even at VR? You level from quest turn ins, not monster kills.
    Although not much, monster you killed does give a bit exp, around 100 each.
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crislevin wrote: »

One guy said it does, but who knows.
    It does not include Veteran Dungeons or Craglorn. Hope this helps!

:/
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veteran Rank Changes

???

Thanks for clearing that up.
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    crislevin wrote: »
    sorry, no black hair color available for Altmer.
    It is still missing, Justiciar Surinen.
    I thank you both, I thank you for lending me your precious time. may the Auri-El purge your cares and fill your gradients with divine spark.

/
    on a side note: how can you good people expect ZOS to fix major bugs when the missing hair colour for Altmer is well, still missing
    /

• Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    No one has done it, due to it being utterly irrelavent compared to all the other issues people are having. It must be in the bottom 10% of issues that need resolving right now. Broken quests PVP lag and frame rates, these are important issues, not black hair at character select.
    I'm definately not tech savvy when it comes to games, but how long does it take to put one missing colour to the palette in character creation? more than 10 minutes?

it is not irrelevant: I have been playing black haired Altmer for 11. black haired Altmer are currently in the game. black haired Altmer were showed on promotional materials. the way I see it is: false advertising and inability to correct the smallest of mistakes.

and, yes, it needs to be resolved right now. 3 months waiting for one missing colour? it is ridiculous.
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm definately not tech savvy when it comes to games, but how long does it take to put one missing colour to the palette in character creation? more than 10 minutes?

it is not irrelevant: I have been playing black haired Altmer for 11. black haired Altmer are currently in the game. black haired Altmer were showed on promotional materials. the way I see it is: false advertising and inability to correct the smallest of mistakes.

and, yes, it needs to be resolved right now. 3 months waiting for one missing colour? it is ridiculous.

Hate to be THAT guy, but your freaking hair color is so low on the priority list of broken stuff in this game...just stop. Guppet is correct. You are making yourself look foolish. They need to fix FPS issues, resolve broken quests so people can progress and balance Stamina/Medium/Heavy armor builds.
    Edited by Jaxom on July 7, 2014 5:55PM
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does not include Veteran Dungeons or Craglorn. Hope this helps!

:/

Give it a few months
    Edited by Ojustaboo on July 7, 2014 6:02PM
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Jaxom wrote: »
    Hate to be THAT guy, but your freaking hair color is so low on the priority list of broken stuff in this game...just stop. Guppet is correct. You are making yourself look foolish. They need to fix FPS issues, resolve broken quests so people can progress and balance Stamina/Medium/Heavy armor builds.
    it is fine with me. you can be whatever guy you wish. I will never stop. I'm thankful for your deep insight on my behaviour but I must refuse following your advice.

maybe it is just me, but I do not think that such 'trivial' thing as missing black hair colour (in character creation) would halt ZOS glorious team in the pursuits of the cure for all these bugs mentioned by you.

Is it really so much demanding from their tech team that they cannot do it in between fixing 'this' and 'that'?

• Isyldra
    Isyldra
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG fix the FPS issues! Cyrodiil is UNPLAYABLE for many people. I have been logging in for a few minutes a day for 2 weeks now. Cyrodiil is what I like to do with my time in the game and I can't do it. This is not beta, it's live and we pay for this game. Either fix it or offer us some type of compensation for not being able to play for this long.
    Proud member of Alacrity
    Proud member of The Psijic Order
    Twitter: @Isyldra
    Twitch: twitch.tv/isyldra
    There's a special place in hell reserved for people who leave the worms and take the flower.
  • ruzlb16_ESO
    ruzlb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I approve of the VR nerf, tbh.

The way we all flocked over to Craglorn for Anom grinding made it perfectly clear that the difficulty vs reward balance of the regular VR zones was way out of whack. While I'd have preferred to see the reward aspect getting buffed rather than the difficulty going down (massive increase in quest and VR mob kill xp rewards so you only need to do the Almanac quests to get a Vet rank), making VR properly grind-able by reducing the DPS check of fights is acceptable in turning Vet content ranks into a stepping-stone to endgame.

Just the amount of time required to kill 3 2k+ health mobs made fights dull, and the desultory xp reward made it seem like a total waste. If I spend 3 minutes killing that group, I get 0.1% of a level. Great. I could get spend that time on an anomaly and get 10-20 times as much xp in the same space of time, along with shiny purplez.

Vet content basically doubled mob HP and damage reduced xp rewards compared to 1-50. A reasonable reduction in mob toughness and damage, combined with a future reasonable boost to xp and gold reward would go a long way to keeping people interested post-50.
  • Dayv
    Dayv
    ✭✭✭✭

If you're doing it correctly, yes it should take considerably more than 10 minutes. Whilst it might seem long-winded, in a properly-run software project every change, no matter how minor should be documented, logged, checked in to source control and very importantly reviewed and tested (thoroughly) including updating test scripts. Whilst it is tempting to take shortcuts with this sort of thing, you only end up making more work in the long run. I have serious doubts about ZOS's quality system because of the number of bugs that get introduced with patches and it appears the devs do take shortcuts. The number of things missing from patch notes would also indicate that. The blame doesn't necessarily lie with the devs, it could also be due to unreasonable demands from management for quick fixes.
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is fine with me. you can be whatever guy you wish. I will never stop. I'm thankful for your deep insight on my behaviour but I must refuse following your advice.

maybe it is just me, but I do not think that such 'trivial' thing as missing black hair colour (in character creation) would halt ZOS glorious team in the pursuits of the cure for all these bugs mentioned by you.

Is it really so much demanding from their tech team that they cannot do it in between fixing 'this' and 'that'?

Actually I agree with you.

otherwise it would always be at the very bottom of any list, hence never ever get fixed.

I doubt its something that needs hours of tracking down either.
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I approve of the VR nerf, tbh.

The way we all flocked over to Craglorn for Anom grinding made it perfectly clear that the difficulty vs reward balance of the regular VR zones was way out of whack.

I suspect the difficulty had almost nothing to do with the vast majority doing that.

Many many people played 1 - 50 and don't want to do the other two factions on their main.

Getting to vet 12 any other way so that they are good for PvP or the 12 man stuff is more likely the reason they took the quick root..
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FPS monster got me finally... took much longer than with 1.2.4 tho. Memory leak ftl.
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭
    dcincali wrote: »
    Kangas wrote: »
    The reason their patch wording sounds vague and unconfident about fixes every time is twofold. 1. There is always some corner case issue that will still be broken for someone or all. 2. They get. Rap from players when their wording is more solid and some issue is found.

When I have no idea whats going on, I too use vague wording.. When I am confident in my findings, I will go into detail. It has nothing to do with the rap from other players. We just call them out on it.

"When I have no idea whats going on, I too use vague wording.. When I am confident in my findings, I will go into detail."

Interesting! I guess real soon we should finally see 'detail' from them since they must be close to figuring it out eh?
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭

I suppose we have different priorities. Having Black hair is tops your list. Got it.
    I'd rather have a playable game but tomato tomato. To each his own.
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Dayv wrote: »
    If you're doing it correctly, yes it should take considerably more than 10 minutes. Whilst it might seem long-winded, in a properly-run software project every change, no matter how minor should be documented, logged, checked in to source control and very importantly reviewed and tested (thoroughly) including updating test scripts. Whilst it is tempting to take shortcuts with this sort of thing, you only end up making more work in the long run. I have serious doubts about ZOS's quality system because of the number of bugs that get introduced with patches and it appears the devs do take shortcuts. The number of things missing from patch notes would also indicate that. The blame doesn't necessarily lie with the devs, it could also be due to unreasonable demands from management for quick fixes.
    then max 1 hour? one missing hair colour in the character creation. personally I fail to see the risk of its implementation. well, I think that 3 months are more than enough to fix such minor bug. items were added to barrels, gear colours have been 'adjusted'.
    It is not only me who wants it, there is plenty of people who played black haired Altmer for a decade. what makes it worse, there are black haired Altmer in the game (look my signature, there isa link). there were in the promotional materials. even in such old TES game as daggerfall.
    to me it is ridiculous. 3 months of waiting with leveling character because of this. to me, it is great importance, great missing piece of customisation, link between me and my character.
    Ojustaboo wrote: »
    Actually I agree with you.

otherwise it would always be at the very bottom of any list, hence never ever get fixed.

I doubt its something that needs hours of tracking down either.
    I'm glad to hear it. I fully understand that for some people it may look at least 'weird', that is my zeal for this fix, but for me it is 11 years of playing with one and the same character. plus as you have said, technically wise, I cannot imagine where is the problem.

I suppose we have different priorities. Having Black hair is tops your list. Got it.
    I'd rather have a playable game but tomato tomato. To each his own.
    but I fully agree with you that lags and fps drops should be fixed as soon as possible. I simple see not reason to ignore missing black hair. It cannot be a rocket science.

Edited by Surinen on July 7, 2014 6:35PM
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Basic research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing."

"Once the rockets are up who cares where they come down that's not my department,"

Wernher von Braun.
  • Razour
    Razour
    ✭✭✭
    Derp Derp Derpity Derp...
    http://youtu.be/jXusyuq4NBU

No blocking, dodging, mainly light attacks.

Well done ZOS - sure to save some subs this one. :(
    Edited by Razour on July 7, 2014 7:01PM
    ╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
    αӡѻυг
    ╠══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣
    Bosmer Nightblade
    Clothier 50 | Wood Worker 50 | Black Smith 50 | Provisioner 50 | Alchemist 50 | Enchanter 50
    ^^^ Now Recruiting ^^^
    ╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• Dayv
    Dayv
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Surinen‌, I really can't tell you whether it can be fixed in an hour. I don't know much about the architecture. No one person will know how every bit of the software hangs together, so someone may have to open the code up and find the bit that handles hair colour amongst thousands upon thousands of lines of code. That could take time. Changing the bit that does the colour selector in the character creation may not actually change how it is displayed in game, so that bit of code may have to be changed too. You may fail to see any risks in making a quick change, I'd guess it's low-risk, but if you keep ignoring the possibility of side-effects from low-risk changes you'll get nasty side-effects. I'm not saying they shouldn't change it but time spent on cosmetic issues is time taken away from gameplay issues.