The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

1.2.5 PATCH NOTES !

• Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »
    Phantax wrote: »
    Denaia wrote: »
    Veteran Rank Changes

Phase 1 of our Veteran gameplay changes begins with this patch, the first in a series of changes we'll be making to improve the post-50 experience overall. We've lowered the difficulty of the second and third alliance zones to bring them more in lines with zones from 1-50. You'll be able to continue soloing through them more easily than before, though they'll still be challenging. We have much more information about Veteran System changes on the way, so make sure to watch our site for updates.

???

OK and HOW have you lowered the difficulty?? Talk about vague and uninformative ! ! !

Monsters have 3 and only 3 things which make them "challenging":
    - the amount & frequency of damage they deal to you
    - the amount of health they have
    - any special abilities (immunity to CC, or other special things)

Since I doubt they actually went through every monster and changed their special abilities (3rd point), then obviously they messed with the first 2: damage output and health, in some combination.

This is obvious, but apparently, not to everyone.

Doesn't have to of been the mobs that were nerfed, they may have buffed VR players while in VR zones !

@ZOS_GinaBruno any chance of telling us what you guys actually did?

Yes, absolutely. Monsters will hit for less damage, and will have less health overall across the Veteran zones.

Does this include worldbosses? Public dungeons? Delves? Dolmens? Are the veteran dungeons affected? is Craglorn affected? Questions questions

It does include World Bosses, Public Dungeons, and Delves. It does not include Veteran Dungeons or Craglorn. Hope this helps!

At least now a lot of the nah-sayers can't complain about group VR being ruined. Actually sounds like Zeni got something right. (still waiting for feedback from the NA server as to 'IF' its all good though !

;)

I don't think anyone actually cared about Craglorn or the dungeons, its the quest´s that matter for people ;)

Well I did anyway...lol I'd hoped they would do as they have. Ease up the solo stuff but still keep Craglorn hardcore. (but that's just what I wanted) Hopefully the majority of people will be happy now. (assuming its bug free and works as intended)

;)
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • MonkeyAssassin24
    MonkeyAssassin24
    ✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    ZoS and their affinity for the vague and uninformitive. /sigh
    Patchnotes wrote:
    Silent Village: Fixed an issue where the bears associated with this quest would not follow you after they were bound.

My problem is that I couldn't get the bloody things to aggro on me at all, couldn't bind them without "weakening" them and they'd just stand there looking vacant and doing nowt.

Same. They don't work before they are bound. Who even knows how / if they were also bugged after being bound... :(

I mentioned it earlier as well, the reason you could not target them is because someone had already tried to use the binding stone on them and bugged the mob out (I tried to do this quest after the last server reset). I just logged on and did this quest and it is now working as intended :D
    On second thought, let's not go to the forums. 'Tis a silly place.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just said the marginally fixed cyrodill lag as an attempt to prevent further sub drops. They are hoping their lies buy them more time. They fail to realize that their gamers have brains. Only thing that matters is if it is fixed or not marginal fixes means nothing.

I am curious about these so called visual effect fixes as this would impact the fps issue more. But being so vague my guess is it's more bs. A definitive fix would say we found x was severely reducing fps so we did x to correct the issue.

In summary sounds like zeni wet more paper towels and started throwing them at the wall again hoping one would stick.

oh, but they kept that lighting, i mean, that lighting was god mode for them. they need that lighting or its lights out for zenimax.

sheesh, gimee a break. this fps problem in cryodiil is very serious, very very serious! because if it is not fixed soon i fear for the survival of eso. i mean that sincerely.
  • Dayel
    Dayel
    ✭✭✭
    And in Throw Away the Key the medicine is now there too.
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wording there tells me they've done exactly nothing about the FPS issue which they identified in other areas as a memory leak.

This is a kiss of death for PvP. What a shame. I had an absolute blast in PvP in this game. I can't see it recovering the numbers from here. :(

This is false, it was never identified as a memory leak, and it absolutely could not be a memory leak, because the only way to clear a memory leak is to restart the client, but you could reset your FPS with a simple character logout/login, which does not restart the client. So, that ruled out memory leak 2 weeks ago.

This is false. It was identified as a memory leak in a thread by ZOS reps.

Perhaps they were wrong but that's what we were told. They identified (paraphrasing) "a memory leak and a handful of issues" that were causing the FPS problems.

Found the post for you

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1067453/#Comment_1067453
    We're continuing to work on the issue causing FPS drops and general game unresponsiveness. We've identified a handful of issues with ability PFX, and a potential memory leak cause. We have fixes we're working on for all of them now. The details some of you have provided have helped. Thank you.

We apologize for the frustration this issue has caused. We want you to know we're still here, and still working on it. We know that an update of "We're still working on it" with very few new details is disappointing, but that is what we can offer right now. We'll continue to provide you updates.
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just let a rogue hit me with a whirlwind. imo it looks like they halved their damage
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are the new patch notes for v1.2.5 ....

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/117919/patch-notes-v1-2-5#latest

Erm... yeah... discuss !

:/

meh

• Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've lowered the difficulty of the second and third alliance zones to bring them more in lines with zones from 1-50.

What does this actually mean? So they lowered the difficulty of VR 2 and VR 3 zones? I am just more confused now than before :D

They don't mean silver and gold huh, as those are more zones in total.

er... I would say everything that's VR except Craglorn and maybe Dungeons. The key word being alliance, as in the 2nd alliance zones and the 3rd alliance zones...
    Edited by Tannakaobi on July 7, 2014 3:06PM
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is false. It was identified as a memory leak in a thread by ZOS reps.

Perhaps they were wrong but that's what we were told. They identified (paraphrasing) "a memory leak and a handful of issues" that were causing the FPS problems.

Shh, this guy clearly fancies himself the arbiter of these forums. He clearly knows more than the ZoS representatives and the numerous players reporting the memory leak.

Yet, 1.2.5 contains no "memory leak" fix. Hmmm.....

Which would imply that they didn't fix it even though they've confirmed it as a problem. Hmmmm

• dream.beyond.orangeb14_ESO
    excuses excuses, this is what BETA is for, not 3 months after release. Especially if they are breaking things with patches and making it WORSE. I'm tired of seeing new content I can't play because everyone is grinding to VR12. Every V6-10 zone is EMPTY
  • Malpherian
    Malpherian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they nerfed the mobs, well... it's an easy fix. maybe they'll fix the rewards next update.
  • dream.beyond.orangeb14_ESO
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Please visit http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-411-notes for a perfect example of how to release patch notes. Notice the DETAIL. People will figure all this out in game anyway, but its nice to have the developers give us all the info up front. Like LoL or not, they have amazing patch notes.

Quick parallel would be:

Instead of "Monsters will hit for less damage, and will have less health overall across the Veteran zones."

You say, "Monsters health changed from 2654 -> 1983 and basic attacks from 9999 -> 107"

Please!
    Edited by dream.beyond.orangeb14_ESO on July 7, 2014 3:08PM
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Denaia wrote: »
    Veteran Rank Changes

Phase 1 of our Veteran gameplay changes begins with this patch, the first in a series of changes we'll be making to improve the post-50 experience overall. We've lowered the difficulty of the second and third alliance zones to bring them more in lines with zones from 1-50. You'll be able to continue soloing through them more easily than before, though they'll still be challenging. We have much more information about Veteran System changes on the way, so make sure to watch our site for updates.

???

OK and HOW have you lowered the difficulty?? Talk about vague and uninformative ! ! !

Monsters have 3 and only 3 things which make them "challenging":
    - the amount & frequency of damage they deal to you
    - the amount of health they have
    - any special abilities (immunity to CC, or other special things)

Since I doubt they actually went through every monster and changed their special abilities (3rd point), then obviously they messed with the first 2: damage output and health, in some combination.

This is obvious, but apparently, not to everyone.

Doesn't have to of been the mobs that were nerfed, they may have buffed VR players while in VR zones !

@ZOS_GinaBruno any chance of telling us what you guys actually did?

Yes, absolutely. Monsters will hit for less damage, and will have less health overall across the Veteran zones.

Does this include worldbosses? Public dungeons? Delves? Dolmens? Are the veteran dungeons affected? is Craglorn affected? Questions questions

It does include World Bosses, Public Dungeons, and Delves. It does not include Veteran Dungeons or Craglorn. Hope this helps!

At least now a lot of the nah-sayers can't complain about group VR being ruined. Actually sounds like Zeni got something right. (still waiting for feedback from the NA server as to 'IF' its all good though !

;)

I don't think anyone actually cared about Craglorn or the dungeons, its the quest´s that matter for people ;)

Well I did anyway...lol I'd hoped they would do as they have. Ease up the solo stuff but still keep Craglorn hardcore. (but that's just what I wanted) Hopefully the majority of people will be happy now. (assuming its bug free and works as intended)

;)

Ya it is hard for them to find a perfect way. I must admit that for me dungeons and also Craglorn don't matter much, I just lack the time for these "group activities" ;)

The whole "finding of others" could need some serious tweaks I guess. That brings me back to the old questionnaire that we could fill out once, where has it gone :(
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    Killing stuff in Alik'r, there is definitely a difference

That's where I first truly started having trouble with invisible mobs killing me out of the blue (only got worse as I proceeded to Bangkorai). Did you have that problem, and is it gone now?

Never had that issue, and I don't now. I do know that 3 mobs are no longer a death sentence for me.
  • Comrade604
    Comrade604
    Soul Shriven
    Anyone else experiencing graphical problems with textures or lighting since the patch this morning? I spoke to others on the server who mentioned graphics problems, but no one on here has...

**Update** please disregard this, it was a coincidence - I had corrupt game files due to a Windoze crash while the game was running this morning and a game repair fixed this issue for me.
    Edited by Comrade604 on July 7, 2014 5:11PM
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannakaobi wrote: »
    We've lowered the difficulty of the second and third alliance zones to bring them more in lines with zones from 1-50.

What does this actually mean? So they lowered the difficulty of VR 2 and VR 3 zones? I am just more confused now than before :D

er... I would say everything that's VR except Craglorn and maybe Dungeons. The key word being alliance, as in the 2nd alliance zones and the third alliance zones...

They have lowered the difficulty for VR zones 1-5 and VR zones 6-10. (basically ALL the areas in the 'other' two alliances)
    All the Cadwell's Journal Quest Areas

;)
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannakaobi wrote: »

er... I would say everything that's VR except Craglorn and maybe Dungeons. The key word being alliance, as in the 2nd alliance zones and the third alliance zones...

They have lowered the difficulty for VR zones 1-5 and VR zones 6-10. (basically ALL the areas in the 'other' two alliances)
    All the Cadwell's Journal Quest Areas

;)

that's what I just said!
  • EinionYrth
    EinionYrth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just let a rogue hit me with a whirlwind. imo it looks like they halved their damage
    If so that's rather a heavy nerf hammer, I was kind of hoping for a rather lighter nerf bat.
  • bugulu
    bugulu
    ✭✭✭
    We're continuing to work on the issue causing FPS drops and general game unresponsiveness. We've identified a handful of issues with ability PFX, and a potential memory leak cause. We have fixes we're working on for all of them now. The details some of you have provided have helped. Thank you.

We apologize for the frustration this issue has caused. We want you to know we're still here, and still working on it. We know that an update of "We're still working on it" with very few new details is disappointing, but that is what we can offer right now. We'll continue to provide you updates.

Why do people think that there is a memory leak and that this post confirms it?
    It said a potential memory leak cause. Potential. I'll repeat again POTENTIAL.
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    excuses excuses, this is what BETA is for, not 3 months after release. Especially if they are breaking things with patches and making it WORSE. I'm tired of seeing new content I can't play because everyone is grinding to VR12. Every V6-10 zone is EMPTY

An MMO is a living entity, it takes time to adjust and balance things. BETA is fine, but opening the doors to the masses produces a whole new set of issues. Its an on-going process, I'm just glad they are doing something about it !

:)
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    If so that's rather a heavy nerf hammer, I was kind of hoping for a rather lighter nerf bat.

It was more than I expected. The forums are going to go ballistic tonight I think
    Edited by born2beagator on July 7, 2014 3:13PM
  • bugulu
    bugulu
    ✭✭✭
    So anyone playing on the NA servers that have tested out Cyrodiil, is it better now?

These are the two fixes that hopefully fixes it.

Fixed an issue where some visual effects and abilities were reducing your game’s performance.
    Fixed an issue where some self-targeted ability effects were sticking around permanently.
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guppet wrote: »
    Remember to try using heavy armour to test. its possible (I hope) that they got rid of the 90% armour and spell penetration, but you would not see that in light armour. I canne test as im in EU, so no patch yet :(

That's how i would adjust the difficulty, leave their damage and health alone but reduce their penetration. This would make armour mean something again.
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bugulu wrote: »
    So anyone playing on the NA servers that have tested out Cyrodiil, is it better now?

Fixed an issue where some visual effects and abilities were reducing your game’s performance.
    Fixed an issue where some self-targeted ability effects were sticking around permanently

Yeah, be nice to get some feedback on the FPS.
    And if anybody could give us some figures (%) on the damage and health changes to the mobs !

• Chuggernaut
    Chuggernaut
    ✭✭✭
    Here are the new patch notes for v1.2.5 ....

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/117919/patch-notes-v1-2-5#latest

Erm... yeah... discuss !

No werewolf updates?
    My comrades have returned. I erect the spine of gratitude. You are a hero today. - Bura-Natoo
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bugulu wrote: »

Fixed an issue where some self-targeted ability effects were sticking around permanently.

I didn't have any problems before hand but my guild mates said it was better.
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was more than I expected. The forums are going to go ballistic tonight I think

If that is true I expect that they will now work on increasing boss fight and what not. Hopefully that is what is meant by -

'the first in a series of changes we'll be making to improve the post-50 experience overall.'

to give a better overall balance.
  • MonkeyAssassin24
    MonkeyAssassin24
    ✭✭✭
    My first encounter with a large enemy group in Cyrodiil...5 fps. I even lowered my video settings before entering just in case.

Looks like it's alt city again for another week...
    On second thought, let's not go to the forums. 'Tis a silly place.
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else been having an issue where you can't harvest nodes? You click in it and just end up standing there doing nothing

I just had 3 consecutive galatite nodes not work
    Edited by born2beagator on July 7, 2014 3:17PM
  • Chuggernaut
    Chuggernaut
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else been having an issue where you can't harvest nodes? You click in it and just end up standing there doing nothing

I just had 3 consecutive galatite nodes not work

Yeah, happens a lot with Dwarven Ore for me, entered multiple tickets in game.
    My comrades have returned. I erect the spine of gratitude. You are a hero today. - Bura-Natoo