The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cheating Epidemic!

Vis
Vis
✭✭✭✭✭
You're losing us ZOS. The cheating has become so rampant and blatant there are whole guilds dedicated to it.

I can put up with bugs, crashes, class imbalances, lack of content, and poor customer service...

But not this cheating.

The fact that it grows ever more obvious everyday (today a DC dog speed hacked with the scroll despite our reporting him for the same exploit earlier) is only further proof you are not doing what it takes to discourage and stop cheaters.

I am worn out trying to be the good guy who follows your dam rules when you show us no love.

I am taking a short break to decide what I want to do with what is left of this "game."
Edited by Vis on July 4, 2014 4:14AM
v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
v14 DK Costs
v14 NB 'Vis
v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The turn around time for ESO to 'ban' cheaters is too long, so they get away with it.
    They had GM's in game for a little while banning bots. Why can't there be someone full time looking into theses cheats.

The biggest problem is movement is client side and will cause too much lag/load if they move it back server side. So those movement cheats will never get close until they rework the whole system. This is just one of many reasons why the PVP side of this game is failing. No one wants to work hard in PVP is there are hundreads of cheaters.
    Edited by Natjur on July 4, 2014 4:21AM
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    The turn around time for ESO to 'ban' cheaters is too long, so they get away with it.
    They had GM's in game for a little while banning bots. Why can't there be someone full time looking into theses cheats.

The biggest problem is movement is client side and will cause too much lag/load if they move it back server side. So those movement cheats will never get close until they rework the whole system. This is just one of many reasons why the PVP side of this game is failing. No one wants to work hard in PVP is there are hundreads of cheaters.

I made a thread about this earlier. I have yet to see a single reported cheater get banned. I just see them day after day after using the same cheats as ZOS ignores our reports.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason you're seeing more and more hackers, is because ZoS isn't doing anything about it. As Vis said, i saw the same hackers in PvP today that i reported a week ago. Several of us reported them, and nothing is being done. At the risk of somehow violating the rules on here, all of the hackers I've encountered were DC players.

Considering PvP is the only real "endgame" we have, it's very frustrating.
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheaters also pay for their subs.
    Zeni doesn't know how to prevent this without making lag even worse.
    Those two things combined, makes them do nothing. Basically, they've had their fingers crossed, hoping that the amount of cancelled subs due to this "feature" will be less than the number of subs that cheat.
  • AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, that is VERY concerning and I guess haven't seen it as I haven't Pvp'd yet. I got think though that if zenimax is provided sufficient proof of a cheater, that they will do something, though banning may not be the answer. Fixing parts of the game to prevent exploiting and being able to cheat would I hope be the long term solution. Now that they have a firmer handle on the bots, chances are they are looking into these cases asong as they are properly reported to be able to be traced, and hoping for a fix the next day isn't reasonable. The bot battle showed us it's not always easy.

Just keep reporting, and hopefully it improves, if not, there are some other good games.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter what competitive online game you play you will find those who's end game is to find & use whatever exploit they can. Every patch or update gives them a new challenge. They have their own 'societies' where they post their successes and accumulate their kudos.
    Should Zenimax deprive them of their 'endgame'?
    If you think they should, then keep reporting them. When enough evidence is compiled they will be banned.
    You may even see a few of them posting on these forums about being banned for no reason.
    The ones that get caught though are usually the lazy, stupid or unlucky ones. Its the ones that don't get caught that should worry you.
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the only way they can beat AD. ;)
  • Garetth
    Garetth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slash8915 wrote: »
    The reason you're seeing more and more hackers, is because ZoS isn't doing anything about it. As Vis said, i saw the same hackers in PvP today that i reported a week ago. Several of us reported them, and nothing is being done. At the risk of somehow violating the rules on here, all of the hackers I've encountered were DC players.

Considering PvP is the only real "endgame" we have, it's very frustrating.

Zenimax has PROVEN that they can't find their azz with both hands. What more needs to be said?
  • 1ne2woBe
    1ne2woBe
    ✭✭✭
    ... What does DC mean?

Thank you.
  • Loco_Mofo
    Loco_Mofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • 1ne2woBe
    1ne2woBe
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you @Loco_Mofo
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted a thread about hackers I saw, and the admins deleted it. It seems most of the threads talking about players that are hacking either get closed or deleted. Even those that mention NO names.
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted a thread about hackers I saw, and the admins deleted it. It seems most of the threads talking about players that are hacking either get closed or deleted. Even those that mention NO names.

If you posted details that someone could use to figure out how to cheat then they might remove it (or move it) to internal forums for investigation.

Or pets.

Take your pick.
    Edited by Soloeus on July 4, 2014 7:38AM

Within; Without.
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, apparently some of these hackers have been confronted by other players. Their response was, "ZoS wouldn't dare ban me."

So take that as you will.
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a speed hack? Oh lol, trust me dc is not the only factions cheating. Every faction does.
  • mattgbrowneub17_ESO
    Well, apparently some of these hackers have been confronted by other players. Their response was, "ZoS wouldn't dare ban me."

So take that as you will.

Wow thats what their made-up response was?

Wonka facing you so hard right now....
  • kitchenguy65_ESO
    kitchenguy65_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If it makes you feel any better, banning is done in waves. So there's still a chance they will get banned in the next wave. Then again, Zeni is prob worried about sweeping up legitimate players in these bans like they did with the first few waves, and possibly decided not banning legit players>banning the cheaters? I hope this is not the case.
  • ZOS_RobinsonE
    ZOS_RobinsonE
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

We are working hard to cleanse the game of any type of cheating, hacking or botting.

First, the best way to report a cheat, a hack or a bot is to report them directly in-game. Try to provide as much detail as possible. (Is it a speed hack, a bot, in what area, at what time did you notice it ..etc)

Note that this is not an automatic ban feature, when a report is sent, we will investigate and make sure that the reported player is effectively cheating, hacking or is a bot. This investigation is necessary to protect real legitimate players who may have been reported by mistake or maliciously.

In the case of cheating, we also have to make sure that the reported player is really a cheater, imagine a quest where you have a very large movement speed bonus for 10 seconds. A player who has not done this quest may think that he is looking at a speed hacker when he is only looking at a normal player doing quests and enjoying Tamriel as well.

This process can take time and it explains why a report can seem to have no effect on the "reporter"'s point of view, but these reports are really important to us and are looked at with a very special care.

We can assure you that we take cheating and hacking very seriously, our methodology to catch them and get them out of Tamriel improves day by day and we will do our best to make The Elder Scrolls Online the very best gaming experience possible.

We thank you for giving us feedback on the forums, and we wish you great adventures in Tamriel !
    Edited by ZOS_RobinsonE on July 4, 2014 2:48PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

We are working hard to cleanse the game of any type of cheating, hacking or botting.

First, the best way to report a cheat, a hack or a bot is to report them directly in-game. Try to provide as much detail as possible. (Is it a speed hack, a bot, in what area, at what time did you notice it ..etc)

How would we report the speed hack gatherers we can't see? They are smart enough to teleport into scenery to collect nodes and all we experience is a disappearing node or a phantom collecting noises.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

How would we report the speed hack gatherers we can't see? They are smart enough to teleport into scenery to collect nodes and all we experience is a disappearing node or a phantom collecting noises.

You report normally and just mention that a node disappeared without you seeing anyone in the area. The GMs can look through game logs and find the player. Of course, if the "speed hack gatherer" is actually a phasing issue, don't expect much.
    ----
    Murray?
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vis wrote: »
    You're losing us ZOS. The cheating has become so rampant and blatant there are whole guilds dedicated to it.

I can put up with bugs, crashes, class imbalances, lack of content, and poor customer service...

But not this cheating.

The fact that it grows ever more obvious everyday (today a DC dog speed hacked with the scroll despite our reporting him for the same exploit earlier) is only further proof you are not doing what it takes to discourage and stop cheaters.

I am worn out trying to be the good guy who follows your dam rules when you show us no love.

I am taking a short break to decide what I want to do with what is left of this "game."

Wow! Had no idea this was happening to this degree. If there are entire guilds doing this maybe that's what's causing fps issue?
    I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ..bcoz the fps/lag issues were never there (@ least not like it is now) b4 in beta test or in early access.
    Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on July 4, 2014 1:47PM
  • Mortosk
    Mortosk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Razzak wrote: »
    Cheaters also pay for their subs.
    Zeni doesn't know how to prevent this without making lag even worse.
    Those two things combined, makes them do nothing. Basically, they've had their fingers crossed, hoping that the amount of cancelled subs due to this "feature" will be less than the number of subs that cheat.

Seriously?

They aren't going to allow cheaters to keep their accounts. Paying or not.

"Now I stand, the lion before the lambs and they do not fear. They can not fear." --Arthas Menethil (aka, The Lich King)
  • boogie95
    boogie95
    ✭✭✭
    can someone explain to me how the hack would we know if someone was cheating
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    pvp was ruined in this game from day one by exploiters and cheaters. imo pvp problems are the majority of complaints regarding eso, they should have shelved cyrod until they further tested it and closed as many of the loopholes that have driven off so many players, who then go on to trash the rest of the pve game nonstop
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

This happened to me. Went after a chest and guy just *slid* in and took it. When I say slid, think of a surfer zooming in. It was that fast. I was dumbfounded (normally I'm just dumb, lol!). then he zoomed out as quickly as he came in.

I've also had someone who was totally invisible-I've used invisibilty potions and know how they work-presume it to be a person as the chest opened itself and then disappeared. Must have been totally hillarious from the other guy's perspective tho. Kinda freaked me out - logged off, stopped drinking and went 2 bed. Lol!
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

Note that this is not an automatic ban feature, when a report is sent, we will investigate and make sure that the reported player is effectively cheating, hacking or is a bot. This investigation is necessary to protect real legitimate players who may have been reported by mistake or maliciously.

In the case of cheating, we also have to make sure that the reported player is really a cheater, imagine a quest where you have a very large movement speed bonus for 10 seconds. A player who has not done this quest may think that he is looking at a speed hacker when he is only looking at a normal player doing quests and enjoying Tamriel as well.

This process can take time and it explains why a report can seem to have no effect on the "reporter"'s point of view, but these reports are really important to us and are looked at with a very special care.

We can assure you that we take cheating and hacking very seriously, our methodology to catch them and get them out of Tamriel improve day by day and we will do our best to make The Elder Scrolls Online the very best gaming experience possible.

We thank you for giving us feedback on the forums, and we wish you great adventures in Tamriel !

Nothing calms me down more than reassurances. I am going to trust ZOS is trying to improve on removing cheaters.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    boogie95 wrote: »
    can someone explain to me how the hack would we know if someone was cheating

Some are more subtle and those guys will usually get away with it. Others are more blatant like:

Them running more than two times faster than a horse at full gallop
    Being immune to all damage
    And one shotting you with a low damage melee attack
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In three months I've seen 2 speed hackers, one is a current AD Emperor. Other than that ZOS has did a pretty fricken amazing job at handling this type thing. Look at other new games like Wildstar. Bots and hacks have taken over that game.
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »
    In three months I've seen 2 speed hackers, one is a current AD Emperor. Other than that ZOS has did a pretty fricken amazing job at handling this type thing. Look at other new games like Wildstar. Bots and hacks have taken over that game.

You have been luckier than most then. On AB yesterday I saw 4 different speed hackers. The scroll just happens to be the one who broke the camel's back. Granted all 4 are members of the same DC guild who I cannot name on the forums due to the shaming policy.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux