The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Seriously, what is wrong with the more or bigger issues introduced than resolved situation?

b92303008rwb17_ESO
b92303008rwb17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't want to troll or anything, I mean it. I just never saw any mmo that introduced more or bigger issues than resolved with a patch like ESO did here. It's like ZOS saying to the players "guess how I can mess this game up today". Really, it looks like a suicide with ZOS *** things up like this.

Since no one from ZOS has commented on this, maybe someone has insight on this? From a technical point or whatever? I swear I do not mean to troll. Just the way that ZOS gets themselves into a mess really makes me confused.
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember the WoW patch that introduced a bug where warriors could use execute at any %, and properly wrecked pvp before the servers were brought down for patch.

And the LotRO bug where the 90% damage reduction shield from captains would tick down 0 seconds remaining but not disappear. A patch later introduced a bug that all RK hots would do the exact same thing, so you could stack 20+ indefinite hots on yourself.

OOO and the FFXI one where the Samurai 2hour didnt consume TP so they could spam weapon skills indefinitely .. and the patch that made the monk 2hour last indefinitely.

Edit: FFXI had a few great ones, ninja tanks loved how if you casted utsu: ichi during the cast of another NIN skill, it would interrupt the cast and insta-cast both skills.

All requiring emergency patching. But yea, ZOS is the only devs that have done this ... totally.
    Edited by BBSooner on June 26, 2014 4:29PM
    Options
  • Dayv
    Dayv
    ✭✭✭✭
    They haven't commented to admit to a catastrophic failure, but they did post thishttp://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/114325/patch-v1-2-3-known-issues#latest
    Options
  • b92303008rwb17_ESO
    b92303008rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dayv wrote: »
    They haven't commented to admit to a catastrophic failure, but they did post thishttp://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/114325/patch-v1-2-3-known-issues#latest
    And yet they never commented on why, three months and one major update after launch, a patch introduced so many unexpected issues as the list suggested. With this question never addressed or answered, I can't help but think that Update 3 will be another disaster.
    Options
  • drogon1
    drogon1
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP, your post really is useless without specifying what you're unhappy about. It only communicates displeasure, and nothing else. It falls under the troll category as it is right now.
    Options
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    And yet they never commented on why, three months and one major update after launch, a patch introduced so many unexpected issues as the list suggested. With this question never addressed or answered, I can't help but think that Update 3 will be another disaster.

Perhaps it would've been perfect if they had 2000 or so players stress testing the PTS at all times and giving good bug reports, or if there were just more people there in general, giving good bug reports. That's why they opened it up to everyone in the first place, but my guess is that not that many more people are logging on to it, hence bugs showing becoming apparent only after the update.

This is also extremely common in MMOs, particularly for the first couple big patches.
    Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade

Options
  • Omnevolus
    Omnevolus
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mean to be presumptuous (don't you hate when people say stuff like that, then go ahead and do it? Oh well), but maybe you really haven't played many MMO's, or at least not for very long, perhaps? I mean, sure, most MMO's content updates/patches/hot fixes/expansions don't literally introduce "more" problems than they purportedly fix, but I can't honestly say I've ever experienced an update that didn't introduce at least one additional problem. MMO's are very complex games, little changes here and there can affect all sorts of unforeseen things in completely unexpected ways, and this is true for the most seasoned MMO developers.

But, this is by absolutely no means even close to the first time I've seen an update that seems to cause more problems than it purportedly resolves (surely a bit of an exaggeration). In fact, it's actually quite common, especially with large content updates and/or deep "fixes."

I'm beginning to form the opinion that the label of "over-reactor" is too kind to many, many ESO players. ZOS has already overcome many huge issues since launch (each supposedly as apocalyptic as they were apocryphal), and will surely get past this one. But do you guys give them credit for that? No, you just seem to look around/wait for the next thing to be unnecessarily bitter and vocal about, instead.

Smh.
    Edited by Omnevolus on June 26, 2014 4:30PM
    Options
  • Enderus
    Enderus
    ✭✭
    I suspect it has something to do with how the game was designed to streamline as much code as possible, to keep the flow of information from clients to server as efficient as possible. Which may in turn mean that tweaking one thing in the code might end up affecting half a dozen other things.

This is purely speculation on my part, but it's just an impression I've had, based on some of the bits and pieces I've heard about how they designed the engine, and how some of the mechanics work in the game.
    Options
  • Xozah
    Xozah
    ✭✭✭
    the biggest difference between eso and all other mmos i played (more than 10);

The others adds patches with content that brings a long a few bugs.

Eso adds patches with bug fixes that brings a long a few bugs.

Feels like they replace 1 bug with another sometimes...
    Edited by Xozah on June 26, 2014 4:46PM
    Options
  • Dayv
    Dayv
    ✭✭✭✭
    They havete 3n't commented to admit to a catastrophic failure, but they did post thishttp://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/114325/patch-v1-2-3-known-issues#latest

If they fail to make serious improvements to their quality control update 3 is certain to be a disaster.
    Edited by Dayv on June 26, 2014 5:35PM
    Options
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, what is wrong with the more or bigger issues introduced than resolved situation?

Speaking of confused. This thread title is a hot mess.

Hyphens, or maybe quotations, are your friend.
    Edited by daneyulebub17_ESO on June 26, 2014 5:17PM
    This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Please print this email and keep it for your records.
    Options
  • Cybrdroyd
    Cybrdroyd
    ✭✭✭
    Eh, I've seen some major fkups with mmo patches in my day, lol. This is not the first, and certainly won't be the last. MMOs are big complicated things. Stuff happens.
    The road leads ever onward...

Options
  • Robocles
    Robocles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BBSooner wrote: »
    I remember the WoW patch that introduced a bug where warriors could use execute at any %, and properly wrecked pvp before the servers were brought down for patch.

And the LotRO bug where the 90% damage reduction shield from captains would tick down 0 seconds remaining but not disappear. A patch later introduced a bug that all RK hots would do the exact same thing, so you could stack 20+ indefinite hots on yourself.

OOO and the FFXI one where the Samurai 2hour didnt consume TP so they could spam weapon skills indefinitely .. and the patch that made the monk 2hour last indefinitely.

Edit: FFXI had a few great ones, ninja tanks loved how if you casted utsu: ichi during the cast of another NIN skill, it would interrupt the cast and insta-cast both skills.

All requiring emergency patching. But yea, ZOS is the only devs that have done this ... totally.

I remember those, too. And, yes, they required emergency patching. They didn't let them sit for weeks, though. Therein lies the difference.
    Options
  • Omnevolus
    Omnevolus
    ✭✭✭
    And the peanut gallery predictably ignores salient points presumably to placate to their platitudinous pretensions, yet again.

So I'm a fan of alliteration. I'm not proud.
    Edited by Omnevolus on June 26, 2014 5:24PM
    Options
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robocles wrote: »
    BBSooner wrote: »

I remember those, too. And, yes, they required emergency patching. They didn't let them sit for weeks, though. Therein lies the difference.

Edit: I'm in error, today was the maintenance(as far as I know) as opposed to additional patching
    Edited by BBSooner on June 26, 2014 6:00PM
    Options