Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Weapons and Armor Loot - A Suggestion

ThePonzzz
ThePonzzz
✭✭✭✭✭
The new drops in crates, sacks, and other containers seem to be the topic of debate since the patch. From the patch notes, it sounded like players would have been in full control to pick these new items up from specific areas. But having them in standard containers seems to be the issue.

Why not make a new container node that is just for weapons and armor? That way people who want it can get it. There are plenty of weapon racks and armor stands around the game as it is. Those seem like the logical move here.

Even if the various containers aren't padded to prevent better drops, it will always feel like that with the current setup.
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    They could make some chance that items you pick up are green blue and purple for at least a deconstruct chance for upgrade material
    Its cool to see an object and pick it up but for now not much of imterest
  • cigarsmoker
    cigarsmoker
    ✭✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »
    The new drops in crates, sacks, and other containers seem to be the topic of debate since the patch. From the patch notes, it sounded like players would have been in full control to pick these new items up from specific areas. But having them in standard containers seems to be the issue.

Why not make a new container node that is just for weapons and armor? That way people who want it can get it. There are plenty of weapon racks and armor stands around the game as it is. Those seem like the logical move here.

Even if the various containers aren't padded to prevent better drops, it will always feel like that with the current setup.

Do you mean like the Weapon Racks and Armor Stands of Oblivion? I thought I saw at least the armor stand out there already.

What I think they should do is allow you do deconstruct these 'trash' items for one basic material. JUST one, no improvement mats just a piece of cloth or leather or ingot. OR let them be sold for 1 Septim only, carrying around a ton of them would do you no real good but if you happen to pick one up then you get a gold for it.
    "900 years of Time and Space and I've never met anyone who was unimportant" - The 9th incarnation of The Doctor
  • cigarsmoker
    cigarsmoker
    ✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    There can be only 1 suggestion: remove this crap completely!

That's a fail in regards to The Elder Scrolls, interactable world items have been a staple of the game for a LONG time. I'm guessing you're coming from an MMO background and not an TES background, so I can understand you wanting only useful things in the game: saleable, or deconstructable, or actually useable.

But consider this: I played through Oblivion with the silver sword I happened to get at level 4 for about 8 or nine levels until I happend to find a glass longsword. Sure the system was different, meaning those weapons were still viable through those levels, but that's the feel TES players are looking for. A world where we found a sword out and about and can keep it for as long as it's useful.
    "900 years of Time and Space and I've never met anyone who was unimportant" - The 9th incarnation of The Doctor
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »

Do you mean like the Weapon Racks and Armor Stands of Oblivion? I thought I saw at least the armor stand out there already.

What I think they should do is allow you do deconstruct these 'trash' items for one basic material. JUST one, no improvement mats just a piece of cloth or leather or ingot. OR let them be sold for 1 Septim only, carrying around a ton of them would do you no real good but if you happen to pick one up then you get a gold for it.

Sort of. Let me show you.

hsqqhh.png

This is one spot where you can loot armor now. This to me, is fine. I know exactly what I'm getting.

110d349.png

This weapon rack would be a great "weapon node" to loot, but it's just scenery right now.

300bpc2.png

And here is the problem. Finding it in a container that previously held specific items is creating an inventory mess.
  • Cepeza
    Cepeza
    ✭✭✭
    I fully agree with ThePonzzz. Weapon and armor stands filled with crap items is totally ok, but who the hell expects a worn off orc cuirass in a bedside locker. This is just stupid.
  • Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think its hilarious that people cant just run into homes, inns, and banks and mass auto loot everything then zone in and out again. Well I guess they could but their inventory wouldn't last very long. Meh small sacrifices for the better of the game. I don't auto loot anyways so this doesn't bother me I look over the loot and pick out what I want or I just hit R to take it all its not that bad. This change also provides me with trash whites I can breakdown and learn traits from.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xnemesis wrote: »
    This change also provides me with trash whites I can breakdown and learn traits from.

No. They are not traited.

• richiestyles
    Xnemesis wrote: »
    I think its hilarious that people cant just run into homes, inns, and banks and mass auto loot everything then zone in and out again. Well I guess they could but their inventory wouldn't last very long. Meh small sacrifices for the better of the game. I don't auto loot anyways so this doesn't bother me I look over the loot and pick out what I want or I just hit R to take it all its not that bad. This change also provides me with trash whites I can breakdown and learn traits from.

Personally there are two problems with this.

1. I suck with a keyboard and mouse there for am using a controller and am forced to auto loot. Took me for ever to get it right. And
    2. I have picked up alot of that crap and I never found anything with a traits.

If they do have traits you have my vote...:-)

• ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing so far for me has had traits. I don't even auto loot, it's just frustrating to lose the contents I expected in a desk, nightstand, etc. I mean, I guess it's better than flint?
  • Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    well then that's lame I could have sworn they said they would have traits that could be learned and that was pretty much it....that's disheartening