The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

SILVER SHARDS BROKEN - Dealing 2k+ damage per hit on VAMPIRES

psufan5
psufan5
✭✭✭✭
This needs to be hotfixed TONIGHT. You cannot be a vampire in PVP currently. You will die in 1 hit to anyone using silvershards. This patch completely broke the ability, and it is hitting for its max damage nearly 100% of the time, instead of 5%.

Werewolves are unaffected. They are also immune to the crowd control aspect of the shards (they are not taking a knee).

Surgical Incision
Former Emperor
USPS4
  • Jade_Knightblazerb14_ESO
    Finally Silver Shards does damage to vamp, no more spitballs.
  • psufan5
    psufan5
    ✭✭✭✭

yea because they should be 1 hit anytime they PVP. Right.

Surgical Incision
    Former Emperor
    USPS4
  • Fiercy
    Fiercy
    ✭✭
    Relax Bro you loved to Own as a vamp? Learn to die as a vamp;)
  • Jade_Knightblazerb14_ESO
    Don't blame Van Hellsing.... he is now working with the Fighters Guild and improved the Silver Bolt design.
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What? My pea shooter works in PvP now?
    In all seriousness that's a lot of damage if that's the case. Haven't been in Cyrodiil tonight yet but will have to check it out.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    psufan5 wrote: »
    This needs to be hotfixed TONIGHT. You cannot be a vampire in PVP currently. You will die in 1 hit to anyone using silvershards. This patch completely broke the ability, and it is hitting for its max damage nearly 100% of the time, instead of 5%.
    Sweet, vampire hunting time!

Now, if some of the NPC's in PVE zones starting using Silver Shards, we would not have every second player a vampire!
    Edited by Natjur on June 25, 2014 3:25AM
  • Zenzu
    Zenzu
    ✭✭
    Fiercy wrote: »

Quoted for truth.
  • RedMiniStapler
    RedMiniStapler
    ✭✭✭
    Whoa! Was it dipped in garlic butter for extra damage against vampires or something? Remind me to keep my fragile vamp away from cyrodiil.
  • SinfulSoul
    SinfulSoul
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, i can confirm that. I used the skill for [snip] and giggles and killed 4 people back to back by 1 shotting them using Silver Shards.

This needs to be fixed asap, along with the HORRIBLE fps that's plaguing Cyrodiil now. So many people in zone chat complaining about the single digits fps while in Cyrodiil since the patch.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on June 25, 2014 3:26PM
  • Morbus2
    Morbus2
    ✭✭✭
    Please fix asap. NO ONE should be one-shotted like that regardless of skill tree, class or race. It's just ridiculous.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was it always reflect-able. Watch a DK kill a few players who shot him with Silver Shards and it reflected back and one shot-ed the vampire player who fired it. Hard to tell with the lag if it was reflected or he fires silver shards back after they shot him with it.
    Edited by Natjur on June 25, 2014 4:35AM
  • Takanami
    Takanami
    ✭✭✭
    Vampire skillline sucks in every way now anyways. Its like deliberately giving yourself a disadvantage. And Zeni wont fix it, they couldn't care less
  • maczcoobb16_ESO
    Takanami wrote: »
    Vampire skillline sucks in every way now anyways. Its like deliberately giving yourself a disadvantage. And Zeni wont fix it, they couldn't care less

could you elaborate on why they suck?
    since the last patch ( not the 1.2.3 ) the cooldown reduction of different stages actually works and persists through death and zoning. the damage mitigation <50% works, faster sneaking now always works which is great.
    i don't see how it got any worse, actually i think the skill line got a lot better since they fixed the passives.
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    Sweet, vampire hunting time!

Now, if some of the NPC's in PVE zones starting using Silver Shards, we would not have every second player a vampire!

All my builds have some sort of FG skills used, those instance dungeons must have some sort of undead or daedra. Even dealing that extra damage or some extra protection, it is worth it for the whole group.

Whole group succeeds in clearing dungeon faster = everyone wins, including you!
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yea because they should be 1 hit anytime they PVP. Right.
    Correct.
  • Ardeni
    Ardeni
    ✭✭
    Fiercy wrote: »

Own as a vamp? Currently the only benefits for being one are the sneak speed and the magicka & stamina regen bonuses. All the other abilities are useless in pvp, mayhaps with the exception of batswarm for some players. Personally I don't even use that. I have no problem with this, though, since I'd prefer the vampire & werewolf stuff be mainly cosmetic anyways.
  • Firestar1992
    Firestar1992
    ✭✭
    And this is part of the reason I don't care to be a vampire. That and I hear that once you reach higher veteran levels, the amount of fire they chuck at you increases exponentially. Most of my friends who were vampires quickly cured themselves after reaching that point.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you guys celebrating live in an alternate timeline or do you even play the game?

Vampire`s got nerfed into the ground 6 weeks ago, in consequense the number of vampires in pvp has reduced drastically, even moreso with the introduction of the craglorn trials (fire damage). Prolly 95% of affected players got cured already, all skills including passives got nerfed by an incredible amount. It is very rare to encounter vampires in pvp, the perks just don`t justify the vulnerability to omnipresent fire damage anymore in most cases.

And now you feel it is justified to oneshot other players, just because you heard vampires ruled pvp on release, about 4 major patches ago, when circumstances were completely different?

Wow...
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on June 25, 2014 9:46AM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Always great to throw around random percentages without any way to back up your claims.

Vampires are not rare in PvP at all. They are in fact quite common. They also aren't 'nerfed into the ground'.

Source: VR12 NB vampire healer
  • SBR_QuorTek
    SBR_QuorTek
    ✭✭✭
    so if 6 people is using silvershards... at once it mean there is a 30% chance or close to that you would get hit by the big hit...

Believe have mentioned it before, if you decide to play as a vampire you end getting served as one, since the fighters guild is now working as intended... remember to add in you will take 9% more damage as well from all other skills.

IT COULD be though that the proc is broken so it hit max everytime... well maybe vampires gotta taste for a little while what it mean by being killed instantly for once, I remember when vamp skills was broken and they just caused problems to everyone not being one.

Suggesting is to keep playing untill they fix it.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takanami wrote: »

could you elaborate on why they suck?

Uh... Because they're hungry?

Sorry, it had to be done! XD
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Always great to throw around random percentages without any way to back up your claims.

Vampires are not rare in PvP at all. They are in fact quite common. They also aren't 'nerfed into the ground'.

Source: VR12 NB vampire healer

I know I`m asking for a lot these days in the internet, but would please take a look at my sentence again. There is a little word before the percentage that very obviously indicates, that I don`t claim to have exact numbers.

And nope, competetive players stopped using vampire latest with the introduction of craglorn. Theres a lot of v12 scrubs around, tho, who might didn`t get the message.

Regards

Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Marru
    Marru
    ✭✭
    well maybe vampires gotta taste for a little while what it mean by being killed instantly for once, I remember when vamp skills was broken and they just caused problems to everyone not being one.

So you were instantly killed by a vampires few patches ago? With what? Drain, Bats or maybe mists form? Maybe you were standing in a bat swarm and looking for a vampire?

I can only imagine what would be your reaction if someone had instant kill skill against you.

Marru - v12 sorc, r21
    Blood-Queen Marru - v14 nb, r19
    Marek II Wielki - v6 dk, r11

Dawnbreaker/Thornblade EU.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And nope, competetive players stopped using vampire latest with the introduction of craglorn. Theres a lot of v12 scrubs around, tho, who might didn`t get the message.
    Maybe the PvE people quit using vampire, but in PvP vampires are still quite common and quite successful.

For example, this scrub worked himself into the leaderboard top 10 on EU EP Bloodthorn after vampires got 'nerfed into the ground'.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on June 25, 2014 10:42AM
  • phtony06b14_ESO
    phtony06b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Someone post a video; I need a laugh.
  • Neferath
    Neferath
    ✭✭✭
    Well iam still downloading and wasn't able to have a look on that on my self by now but i assume this is connected to the fighters guild "fix" that makes every single FG ability effect affecting vampires now aswell.

It would be nice if someone who skilled the FG passive that makes your skills work against werewolfs too could check if they are affected aswell in that case.
  • Morbus2
    Morbus2
    ✭✭✭
    Unbelievable. It's always the same rubbish with ZoS. They are incapable of releasing a patch without breaking something new.

It's always the same old 'one step forward, two steps back' with these people.
  • psufan5
    psufan5
    ✭✭✭✭
    so if 6 people is using silvershards... at once it mean there is a 30% chance or close to that you would get hit by the big hit...

Believe have mentioned it before, if you decide to play as a vampire you end getting served as one, since the fighters guild is now working as intended... remember to add in you will take 9% more damage as well from all other skills.

IT COULD be though that the proc is broken so it hit max everytime... well maybe vampires gotta taste for a little while what it mean by being killed instantly for once, I remember when vamp skills was broken and they just caused problems to everyone not being one.

Suggesting is to keep playing untill they fix it.

What? Silvershards should have a 5% chance to do ANY more damage than what it does physically. Currently, its hitting for 2900 on any vampire, every single time. Not to mention, this morph hits 2 additional targets. If they happen to be vampires, you kill all 3 in one cast.

5% of the time you should be able to do massive damage to undead, not 100% of the time. Its right in the description and worked this way up until it was broken in this patch.

This BS about being killed instantly? Can you tell me which power a vampire has that kills anyone instantly? Being a vampire is like being on crutches in PVP, not an advantage. The only bonus to being one is the passive stealth speed, thats it.

Surgical Incision
    Former Emperor
    USPS4
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Being a vampire is like being on crutches in PVP, not an advantage. The only bonus to being one is the passive stealth speed, thats it.
    And better regeneration, damage mitigation at low health, Mist Form.

The crutches you mention don't come from being a vampire, they come from being a bad player.

Edited by Lava_Croft on June 25, 2014 11:50AM
  • Neferath
    Neferath
    ✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Being a vampire is like being on crutches in PVP, not an advantage. The only bonus to being one is the passive stealth speed, thats it.
    And better regeneration, damage mitigation at low health, Mist Form.

The crutches you mention don't come from being a vampire, they come from being a bad player.

Mist Form was nerfed ages ago and the passives you've mentioned (except of faster sneak) didn't work at all till this patch. Well and we've yet to see if they are working now as intended regardless of ZOS saying that they are fixed this time.

Edited by Neferath on June 25, 2014 11:55AM