The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Templar Update

• JLB
    JLB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Radiant Aura nerfed, gets exactly the same buff as Green Dragon Blood "secondary effect". Really?
    Rune Focus duration: 12s; out of aura buff duration: 8s
    Spiked Armour : 20s
    For exactly the same buffs.
    Bravo balance. Still same mistakes over and over.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^
    This duration differences are freaking me out. Both skills have almost same cost but one of them does greatly higher job with primary and secondary effects while other one does not.

And mending passive is also nerfed to the ground.
    What happened to your claim about "not nerfing anyone but buffing weak skills"
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, as someone else noted, removing Blinding Flashes removes the only AoE CC the Templar has (Javelin and Shards only CC one person). Is it worth giving up our only AoE CC for a channeled skill? Especially if, given ZOS' previous track record of designing skills for Templars, it is likely to have a 2-second channel.

This was my post from a month ago. Sad to say I called it (in fact it is a 3-second channel).

The great buff to Templars does make some skills more useful, and gives some much-needed help for the Dawn's Wrath line.

What they didn't tell us was that at the same time, our only AoE CC will get removed, our execute will be a channel, our healing passive will be nerfed, and stamina builds will be crippled by the restoring aura nerf (one PTS tester is posting that Restoring Aura's active doesn't even affect the caster anymore).
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Player testers have now confirmed that the active form of Restoring Aura does not affect the caster. So you go from 80% more stamina regen in 1.5 to 0% in 1.6.

Goodbye stamina Templars; you had a good run.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GTech_1 wrote: »
    While you may not like his comments he has a very good point.

The posts to which you were replying contained hard FACTS, numbers to support their view that this nerf is terrible, whereas you simply said the posters didn't know what they were talkingabout because they weren't looking at the *big picture*.

YOU provided no FACTS to rebut theirs, that's what @JLB was observing in his own way.

This specific skill currently is a KEY to playing some types of Templar, if there is indeed something in 1.6 that counters this nerf-to-the-ground how about posting some FACTS to back up your assertion that those posts are fundamentally flawed (which is the clearly inference of what you said).

[Moderator Note: Removed moderated quote]
    Edited by ZOS_EveP on January 29, 2015 11:54AM
  • XiLxBULLETx
    Why are we nerfing restoring aura? Its literally the only thing keeping me alive in the middle of huge aoe spam... Another question. Where are the devs in this thread, literally no coherent response to valid questions by good players.
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Player testers have now confirmed that the active form of Restoring Aura does not affect the caster. So you go from 80% more stamina regen in 1.5 to 0% in 1.6.

I can't replicate this behavior. I'm getting 30% more stam/health regen on myself on activation.
    Slot\Regen Stats  Magicka    Health    Stamina
    Unslotted          1319       319        514
    Slotted            1450       350        565
    Activated          1450       414        668

Gear: Warlock with Oblivion's Foe and Warlock again with Seducer. One hand and Shield picked up in the wild.

Abilities: Used the basic ability and then the extended range morph.

Buffs: Illuminate, which wouldn't go away.

Group sizes: none and 2. Other templars with resto staves also couldn't reproduce the issue.
    Edited by glak on January 30, 2015 8:18PM
  • Skalfee
    Skalfee
    •Puncturing Strikes’ overall damage to all targets will be increased by 10%.

Now my most powerful skill is even more deadly... Woop woop.

The masked woman will find you.
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    In 1.6, Rune Focus & its morphs refresh the 8 second buffs every time you run through it.
  • JLB
    JLB
    ✭✭✭✭
    In 1.6, Spiked Armor gives the same defensive bonuses as Rune Focus, for 20 seconds, without having to stand in a small area to benefit.
    Sorry to be a bit bitter, but they made out Rune Focus less unique (because it was the only defensive skill that gave Spell Resistance, now DKs have it too) despite the 8s duration outside the small aura.
    Can at least have our mobility with the buffs improved devs?
    Come on, you gave DKs a huge boost on spell resistance for 20s, you might aswell give Templars full mobility for the whole duration of Rune Focus?
    Edited by JLB on February 1, 2015 6:25AM
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glak wrote: »

I can't replicate this behavior. I'm getting 30% more stam/health regen on myself on activation.

Gear: Warlock with Oblivion's Foe and Warlock again with Seducer. One hand and Shield picked up in the wild.

Group sizes: none and 2. Other templars with resto staves also couldn't reproduce the issue.

Hmmm... interesting. Could the soft cap still be in place? That's the only thing I can think is the difference...
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    glak wrote: »

Hmmm... interesting. Could the soft cap still be in place? That's the only thing I can think is the difference...
    Or terrain but would have to test that theory. I was in Rawl'kha, not on a dock.

I used my character sheet while out of combat. Will test in combat.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will test it tonight myself too...
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tested it and it seemed to be working on me, the caster too. However...

It is now down to a 20% increase in stamina and health when activated (the tooltip says 20%, IIRC).

Another nerf?
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • JLB
    JLB
    ✭✭✭✭
    It didn't work for me, 0% buff on activation.
    But even if it worked it would be equally horrible. Think of it as a GDB without the healing part.
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    I tested it and it seemed to be working on me, the caster too. However...

It is now down to a 20% increase in stamina and health when activated (the tooltip says 20%, IIRC).

Another nerf?

Agreed, you already had 10% from having the ability on your bar.. Are people nearby getting 20% or 30% increased regent of stamina and health? Does it stack or replace the same type of buff?
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Syndy wrote: »
    Dark Flare decreased cast time and more damage...

Also some Nova love! It's a good day.

Thanks! <3

Edit: Templars need some sort of resource management option other than a minimal decrease in spell cost... If you play your templar as rdps/support, you are forced to use a Healing staff to even go through 2 rotations of abilities.

Edit 2: I don't think Templars should do as much dps as Night Blades or Sorcs, or be able to take a beating like Dragon Knights (which do to much dmg combined with their survivability).

IMO buffing dmg is not the way to go, giving Templars a way to replenish magicka would help the class more than any dmg buff. Templars can do some insane burst healing so they don't need to be able to do insane damage due to that.

um speak for yourself i'd like some dps options here its basically a paladin in all respect it should deal dmg heal dmg and take damage dont force the stereotype role of glass healer on us
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JLB wrote: »
    Radiant Aura nerfed, gets exactly the same buff as Green Dragon Blood "secondary effect". Really?

one has a passive buff always active, how can you discount that and think you have relevant input on balance? I am unhappy to loose radient aura myself but its obvious with the cap removal it would be insane op and at least repentance is very good.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Jessica and Devs,

I do appreciate the changes to the Templar class. So I do not want to sound ungrateful. I thought the update would fix things as the goal was more balance. I see that the most glaring problem has not been addressed which is a most of the other posts talk about, resource management and Magicka most of all. Simply put a few breath of life’s and I am out of magicka. I have every armor glyph (seven) with Magicka, Seducer 5 piece, Warlock 5 piece with all light armor and passives and crit Weapons and above soft capped Magicka regen. The Dungeon difficulty combined with PUG groups and ppls overwhelming desire to DPS in the red leaves me to heal myself and be the last person to wipe. So I stopped healing and rarely do pledges unless someone helps off heal to keep us going while I regen and suck tri-pots like it’s the last blugoss in Tamriel. Even with these nice changes Templar DPS will still not be competitive and most groups will only take a Templar over another DPS class if there is no choice and I consistently run out of Magicka DPSing as well… better but by no means good. I use my destruction staff and have it maxed as well as most of the weapons and do better in the stamina weapon usage so that is the way I play now. Not because I want to but because I have to. I guess if I want to keep playing this game effectively I will have to continue to do this. I will continue to use my one Templar ability that does not really suck… blazing shield. But I will certainly be using my Radiant Destruction. I guess I don’t need to keep healing (or DPS) if everything is dead. Weee!

AD VR14 Templar
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    Hi Jessica and Devs,

I do appreciate the changes to the Templar class. So I do not want to sound ungrateful. I thought the update would fix things as the goal was more balance. I see that the most glaring problem has not been addressed which is a most of the other posts talk about, resource management and Magicka most of all. Simply put a few breath of life’s and I am out of magicka. I have every armor glyph (seven) with Magicka, Seducer 5 piece, Warlock 5 piece with all light armor and passives and crit Weapons and above soft capped Magicka regen. The Dungeon difficulty combined with PUG groups and ppls overwhelming desire to DPS in the red leaves me to heal myself and be the last person to wipe. So I stopped healing and rarely do pledges unless someone helps off heal to keep us going while I regen and suck tri-pots like it’s the last blugoss in Tamriel. Even with these nice changes Templar DPS will still not be competitive and most groups will only take a Templar over another DPS class if there is no choice and I consistently run out of Magicka DPSing as well… better but by no means good. I use my destruction staff and have it maxed as well as most of the weapons and do better in the stamina weapon usage so that is the way I play now. Not because I want to but because I have to. I guess if I want to keep playing this game effectively I will have to continue to do this. I will continue to use my one Templar ability that does not really suck… blazing shield. But I will certainly be using my Radiant Destruction. I guess I don’t need to keep healing (or DPS) if everything is dead. Weee!

AD VR14 Templar

I have a remedy for what ails you my friend :wink: Come see me in-game when you get a chance
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never felt lacking mana as a templar healer. Thing is, I think that restoration aura nerf was not necessary and it's yer to be seen if stamina builds are competitive bow since our stamina sustain it's going to be a disaster...
    Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • Neryaz
    Neryaz
    ✭✭
    The radiant aka Death ray on Templars need to get nerfed ASAP.! pretty annoying when it does 25-30k in one go.
    DK VR 16 Phixus Azura/Trueflame

Templar VR 16 Trygor Azura/Trueflame.
  • eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's good as it is thank you, this was already nerfed from the original (Wich was a DeathRay) Now it's just a proper nuker :) And not the best inGame!
    Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • jopeymonster
    jopeymonster
    ✭✭✭
    Neryaz wrote: »
    The radiant aka Death ray on Templars need to get nerfed ASAP.! pretty annoying when it does 25-30k in one go.

Stop asking for nerfs that are unjustified. The "one go" is because it's channeled. Dude, if you let someone channel 30k damage to you without reacting, you deserve to die. Since you need to l2p, here are some tips to combat RD since you can't seem to figure it out on your own:

1. Bash
    2. Interrupt
    3. Shield

There are 3 counters that every class has. Figure out which works best for you and do it. Next, here are a list of suspected bugs that are currently affecting RD. If any aspect of your complaint is affect by one of these bugs, then you need to sit down about nerf and just wait for a fix.

Suspected bugs:
    - LOS issue: Cannot LOS, RD (goes through walls). This was found and stomped on PTS between 1.6.1 and 1.6.2, but somehow still made it to Live.
    - Execute initiating early: Execute initiates at 50%, should be 30%. Again, another bug that was found on PTS and per the patch notes on PTS, execute for this skill was put into line with Reverse Slash. Unfortunately, this one also made it into Live. (CONFIRMED BY GINA)
    - Nirnhoned bugged: Applies up to 100% spell penetration. Yea, that alone will make an magicka based execute seem incredibly OP.

So please, stop asking for nerfs. Asking for fixes as is proper. Then when things are equal, you can QQ about whatever next thing kills you.
    #nerfkeyboards
  • Rhakon
    Rhakon
    ✭✭✭
    Please change Puncturing Strikes, this skill grants CC immunity to all mobs or players in PvP, it is broken.
    My solution: remove the cc from it and let us run while channeling this skill.

Combine Backlash with a root like Talons from DK for one target would make this skill finally useful and it would compensate the loss from the CC of Puncturing Strikes.

PLEASE remove the global CD from Toppling charge, make this skill working like Critical Rush or Shield Charge.

Solar Flare and Sunfire could use some speedup in the bolt animation they are so terribly slow, cast time(for Flare) plus this long way to the target makes them to easy to counter. And it feels like slow motion sometimes.

My idea for Healing Ritual would be that the heal will go to all players in range(10m radius)at the beginning of the cast, so it does not matter if they ran out of the skills range.

greets
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhakon wrote: »
    Please change Puncturing Strikes, this skill grants CC immunity to all mobs or players in PvP, it is broken.
    My solution: remove the cc from it and let us run while channeling this skill.

Combine Backlash with a root like Talons from DK for one target would make this skill finally useful and it would compensate the loss from the CC of Puncturing Strikes.

PLEASE remove the global CD from Toppling charge, make this skill working like Critical Rush or Shield Charge.

Solar Flare and Sunfire could use some speedup in the bolt animation they are so terribly slow, cast time(for Flare) plus this long way to the target makes them to easy to counter. And it feels like slow motion sometimes.

My idea for Healing Ritual would be that the heal will go to all players in range(10m radius)at the beginning of the cast, so it does not matter if they ran out of the skills range.

greets

I dont think anybody is reading this anyway, we could really need some serious buffs but the Templars are the first thing people cry about. Our community is small and thats why we are doomed as supporters forever.
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mumyo wrote: »
    I dont think anybody is reading this anyway, we could really need some serious buffs but the Templars are the first thing people cry about. Our community is small and thats why we are doomed as supporters forever.

lol...try being a sorc ;)
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there :smile:

By any chance a dev reading this topic, I have couple words to say.

Please reconsider about restoring aura and breath of life. They are weak atm.

For example, in 1.5, you could heal yourself around 700-800 with BoL in a hybrid heavy armor build, which was roughly 1/4 of your max health. Even much more if you synergise with focused healing and mending passives when conditions were met.
    Now, the ratio is around 1/6. 3k heal for 20k health with similar build and CP points included. Passives don't add much to that number. Plus, we have now smaller amount of raw magicka pool compared to 1.5, and this means you are going oom much more faster if you don't invest into it. Which hybrid builds can not do that much. You should either go full magicka or full stamina to be competitive and I think it feels wrong. What happened to your motto "play with your own way" right?

Anyways it belongs to another topic.

Aura is even worse. That 20% active buff isn't worth anything considering its overall high magicka cost and it can be nullified with any potion use. They don't stack. Yeah... You guys just added a new dead skill to the templar arsenal. Why even bother using this skill anymore where you can just pop a potion and get exactly the same effect? Lol even tri-stat pots have better effect than this skill and they last longer. It's stupid right? You get the point. Please re-think about it.
    At least make it stack with potions or increase that active buff to 40%+10% passive bonus. I accept that the old version of it would be OP in 1.6, so im ok for a fair nerf like half of that old numbers. But sending it to oblivion? No.
    Just make it fair for all.

Love ya!

Oh hey, there is more. I dont want to say same things again and again so I'll just add a qucik quote which I 100% agree.
    JLB wrote: »
    Edited by Soris on March 19, 2015 7:17AM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let me just check current Templar pvp balance:
    Jabs - now grants enemy CC immunity for free, so everyone ignore this skill. And not just that - change to passive direction attack, that means that for rooting templar impossible to use jabs.
    Auroa Javelin - increasing range damage is not working.
    Charge - everyone know about it as "pain in the ass", nothing to add.
    Blazing Spear - stun 1 target for 2 sec and granting CC immunity. When 30 men zerg attack this mean nothing to compare with sorc's streak.
    Sun Shield - to say seriously has only 1 morph. Radiant Ward should be changed to sorc version of shield.
    Reflective Light - sometimes don't deal damage to damage shields.
    Eclipse - broken and not usable in pvp coz mechanic anyway.
    Radiant Destruction - currently may cause unbreakable CC bug for templar.
    Practiced Incantation and co. - nerf from 0.5 sec affect to 1 sec.
    Honor the Dead - only 1 from 100 templars will use it, mana return still not stacking.
    Healing Ritual - c'mon just remove this skill, nothing will save it.
    Restoring Aura - not apply on caster but caster has 10% mana regen: u-s-e-l-e-s-s.
    Restoring Focus - addiion 8% heal from 15% previously. Now rune focus has 1 usable morph just like Sun Shield.
    ----
    Should i say in summary that in compare with overpowered sorcs half of templar skills are not usable or broken in pvp?
    Edited by Cinbri on March 21, 2015 2:19PM