The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO I cheated on you and I'm sorry.

Laura
Laura
✭✭✭✭✭
Its partly your fault though!

I tried Wildstar and it is a well polished game with tons of things to do. You have housing, multiple different ways to pve, cool dungeons.

However its just more of the same, its a clunky UI, eye gouging flashy effects, over use of the telegraph system, extremely cartoonish, cheeky silly humor, and etc. These are all taste oriented and is why I can't stand the game and came back to ESO.

However... at its core Wildstar is a better, more polished, and full experience.

ZoS I love your game or I wouldn't be here, I believe in what you are doing but some serious things need to happen here.

Craglorn is a bust. I'm sorry but it is - the raids aren't fun or challenging at all, no bosses have multiple phases, there are no real surprises.

We need collectibles and things that casual players can do to keep them selves in the game grouping is great i'm ALL about grouping. but sometimes you just want to be left alone and do some solo stuff on the side that still makes you feel like you are benefiting your character.

Mounts for reputation, pets for reputation, gear and etc. there are lots of carrots here for you to use. Some tried and true methods should be used and wont make the game "wowish" trust me that is the LAST thing I want.

Reputation grinds are in games because they work and they keep people invested. As it is now I can log out and come back two weeks later and feel like I have missed absolutely nothing! THAT needs to change.

I really believe in what you are doing ZoS but lets get some things in the game that really keep people invested - the stick is great but you are seriously lacking the carrots.

Make some new skill lines that are extremely difficult (or time consuming) to get and difficult to rank up! (necromancy anyone?)

Maybe an entirely cosmetic skill line (bard) that is just good for playing new songs or flashy parlor tricks in taverns (a bards guild with a heavy grind)

I think you should seriously get on the ball with fixing that collectible thing in the achievements, maybe have droppable pets off mobs to farm or things of that nature.

Also - what is the most popular thing in Wildstar right now? Housing... I think an anniversary or two might be a liiiiitle too long for you to put housing in an elder scrolls game.

I'm here for the long haul but my sub alone isn't going to pay for the game.

I don't know how you are going to get back all the people that lost patience and walked away - but something big will need to happen.

PS. Thank you for allowing everyone to test now. Better late than never I guess but a lot of your lost subs are from bugs that could have been prevented with a higher pool of testers.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    o:) ****!
    Edited by ZiRM on June 6, 2014 8:36PM
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Darastix
    Darastix
    ✭✭✭
    Laura wrote: »

I don't know how you are going to get back all the people that lost patience and walked away - but something big will need to happen. VERY SOON

fixed that for ya
  • Noswell
    Noswell
    ✭✭✭
    Can I have your stuff in Wildstar?
  • Solid
    Solid
    ✭✭
    Good post, pretty much sums up how most of us feel.
  • JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate reputation.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We forgive you @Laura.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • jkbennettb14a_ESO
    jkbennettb14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    As it is now I can log out and come back two weeks later and feel like I have missed absolutely nothing!

Actually you missed much nerfage and a seemingly endless supply of tears in the last two weeks. Welcome back ;)
    On Class Balance
    The real dilemma is that; Powdered doughnuts are overpowdered, the chocolate doughnuts are too chocolaty, and the coconut crunch doughnuts have more coconut than all other doughnuts. This is OUTRAGEOUSLY unfair to other doughnuts!

So from now on, all you special snowflakes get is nasty plain doughnuts...enjoy!
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every word. Even the parts that had never occurred to me before; I agree with every word.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • GrimCyclone
    GrimCyclone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how the betas are nicer to people with "girl" names. I wouldn't be surprised if they send them private messages asking for pics.
  • kasain
    kasain
    ✭✭✭
    No NO, he ran away. he missed the vetren bug where the enemies became 500% stronger for a few days. He stayed away from that. So you can grind WS, as you wouldn't ever been able to struve a 3000 knife throw.

ESO bring that nerf back
    Edited by kasain on June 6, 2014 9:47PM
  • Gern_Verkheart
    Gern_Verkheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    They need to fix the buggy class skills, and balance the classes better before they create new content. And that needs to happen two weeks ago, not this "rolling out fixes slowly" crap that they are doing.
    Edited by Gern_Verkheart on June 6, 2014 9:48PM
  • InspectorGanja
    InspectorGanja
    ✭✭✭
    How about Archage ?
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't
  • seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you cheated on ESO with a cartoon game like Wildstar, doesn't that technically make you a you-know-what?
    Edited by seaef on June 6, 2014 9:57PM
    "The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
  • Asawasa
    Asawasa
    ✭✭✭
    Solid wrote: »
    Good post, pretty much sums up how most of us feel.

nope i dont think its even close to what most people think about this game. laura mentioned rep grind which i'm sure is one of the few times someone has said hey lets have a reputation grind. or we need more pets rawr!

housing? really housing is the big thing? i know some people love the idea of designing their ehome or making a place to store your knick knacks but that just isn't enough to justify investing real time in a WoW in space game.
  • AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    I'd try a free MMO, but most that I have seen have the same cartoony graphics as WOW(barf) so couldn't play them without my eyes bleeding. I've played Age of Conan who graphics were amazing at the time, getting dated now. Any free MMO's out there that have somewhat realistic graphics?
  • plamillusionub17_ESO
    I play both, although eso is still my main game. Wildstar may be more feature complete but that's not saying a whole lot when the features are a copy +paste. Still, it's a fun game I just like eso more, personal preference and all that. :smiley:
  • Reykice
    Reykice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree... most people are leaving after VR 12 because well.. they have nothing left to do.

Raids are easy and boring due to simplistic mechanics, gear is the same one as before with a very small bump that is even smaller due to overcharging that many don`t bother with it...

• Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its partly your fault though!

I tried Wildstar and it is a well polished game with tons of things to do. You have housing, multiple different ways to pve, cool dungeons.

However its just more of the same, its a clunky UI, eye gouging flashy effects, over use of the telegraph system, extremely cartoonish, cheeky silly humor, and etc. These are all taste oriented and is why I can't stand the game and came back to ESO.

However... at its core Wildstar is a better, more polished, and full experience.

ZoS I love your game or I wouldn't be here, I believe in what you are doing but some serious things need to happen here.

Craglorn is a bust. I'm sorry but it is - the raids aren't fun or challenging at all, no bosses have multiple phases, there are no real surprises.

We need collectibles and things that casual players can do to keep them selves in the game grouping is great i'm ALL about grouping. but sometimes you just want to be left alone and do some solo stuff on the side that still makes you feel like you are benefiting your character.

Mounts for reputation, pets for reputation, gear and etc. there are lots of carrots here for you to use. Some tried and true methods should be used and wont make the game "wowish" trust me that is the LAST thing I want.

Reputation grinds are in games because they work and they keep people invested. As it is now I can log out and come back two weeks later and feel like I have missed absolutely nothing! THAT needs to change.

I really believe in what you are doing ZoS but lets get some things in the game that really keep people invested - the stick is great but you are seriously lacking the carrots.

Make some new skill lines that are extremely difficult (or time consuming) to get and difficult to rank up! (necromancy anyone?)

Maybe an entirely cosmetic skill line (bard) that is just good for playing new songs or flashy parlor tricks in taverns (a bards guild with a heavy grind)

I think you should seriously get on the ball with fixing that collectible thing in the achievements, maybe have droppable pets off mobs to farm or things of that nature.

Also - what is the most popular thing in Wildstar right now? Housing... I think an anniversary or two might be a liiiiitle too long for you to put housing in an elder scrolls game.

I'm here for the long haul but my sub alone isn't going to pay for the game.

I don't know how you are going to get back all the people that lost patience and walked away - but something big will need to happen.

PS. Thank you for allowing everyone to test now. Better late than never I guess but a lot of your lost subs are from bugs that could have been prevented with a higher pool of testers.

sounds like your fling was giving good Bj's might wanna reconsider long term relationship
  • Justiciar
    Justiciar
    ✭✭✭
    I hate to jump on the bandwagon but what I came to realize is that I really want smaller group PvP than cyrodiil. I love cyrodiil but being able to quickly jump into the action of a battleground is much needed. So much running, then you find someone to fight and his 20 buddies appear from over the hill.
    Conquest, Victory, Profit
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree... most people are leaving after VR 12 because well.. they have nothing left to do.

Wait. Are these (mostly) the same people that group with other like-minded individuals and (fully exercising their right to play the game how they want to play it), RUSH to VR12?

Just asking...

Because I'm almost VR3 and I'm not just hitting the Caldwell's Quests - I'm doing all I come across. Why? Gives me something to do and I'm enjoying the experience of new content (gasp!). Also, I'm not 12 years old and I don't demand instant satisfaction of being max level cap because I know it's not the destination - it's the journey.

[Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
    THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
    Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
    Pst/email for info/invites.
  • Sidney
    Sidney
    ✭✭✭✭
    When come back, bring pie.
    >.<_____/
    If you want me to read a post aimed at me, please put @Sidney.
    Please give us tail armor and dyeable tail ribbons.
    Click Here -->Support Dyeable Tail Ribbons<---
    All your mats r belong to Khajiit.
    Click Here -->Support Tail Armor<---
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instanced housing to store goodies, like we could in Skyrim ....

... that would be cool.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Endolith
    Endolith
    ✭✭✭
    Wildstar just looks terrible. But no one ever went broke underestimating the consumer population.
  • Mephos
    Mephos
    ✭✭✭
    maybe I´m to used to the minimal UI of ESO or other games where I tuned it down, but wildstar just gives me a total overdose of information .. speach bubbles everywhere, trillions of things to click, icons, nameplate, hp plates.. horrible UI .. the world actually looks good but is hiddn between dozen of effects and UI things. don´t get it, maybe I´m to old.

but on the other side its perfect 100% playable and the skills react within milliseconds to your input, instead of ESO which feels like I press a button, a information goes to a PC in the zenimax headquater where a old granny presses the input for me..

man.. both together.. the style of ESO with the technic and professionel programming from NCsoft.. what a dream, will never happen..

now we wait until EU servers are actually in EU (hopefully input will then get better) and hopefully someone at ZENI realise how rusty the game is atm.
  • WilliamTee
    WilliamTee
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah... in fairness, it's worrying when i'm struggling to find things to do in a game so young.

Mostly i just check my mails, guilds stores... and see how many days til my next set of research finishes... Then I pootle about on an alt for a bit before logging out.

Too soon.
  • Zaann
    Zaann
    ✭✭
    Wait. Are these (mostly) the same people that group with other like-minded individuals and (fully exercising their right to play the game how they want to play it), RUSH to VR12?

Just asking...

Because I'm almost VR3 and I'm not just hitting the Caldwell's Quests - I'm doing all I come across. Why? Gives me something to do and I'm enjoying the experience of new content (gasp!). Also, I'm not 12 years old and I don't demand instant satisfaction of being max level cap because I know it's not the destination - it's the journey.

... huzzah!
  • Zaann
    Zaann
    ✭✭
    GreySix wrote: »
    Instanced housing to store goodies, like we could in Skyrim ....

... that would be cool.

I remember having all my cool junk laid out on display ... (sigh) good times that.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back from Cartoon Star.
  • kaosodin
    kaosodin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wildstar looks cute, I would totaly play.......if I wasnt playing eso. Ive been playing daoc for like 13 years.....I can say im sticking with eso
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    RedTalon wrote: »
    Welcome back from Cartoon Star.

Thats what it really should be called. I have no desire to play that game just because of its art style