The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

~+~ How are Anomalies not nerfed yet? ~+~

• sagitter
    sagitter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 suggestion? Killing solo ppl of same vt rank or higher in cyrodiil give the same amount xp of anomalies or a bit less, grouping the xp would be divided. More incentive to have fun and pvp in cyrodiil.
  • TB1234
    TB1234
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I want even more disadvantages because I didn't rush to the level cap.

I feel like 5% of the players are plying a different game by getting everything before it gets nerfed. Max level, rare motifs, epic recipes...then the rest of us come along and struggle even more.

The worst part of that feeling? Knowing that the content that is coming out is continually angled towards the top 5%, to keep them happy and keep them playing. Granted, we all will someday be there and it will be all fixed (nerfed), but we will forever have the stories of much harder or easier or monetarily lucrative it was.

As a generalized rule, the people who power through a game are usually the first to get bored, bail and go on to the next game to repeat the procedure. The rest of us that will still be paying subs while they are away, temporary or for good, should get a fair share of bug fix/patch/new content as well, right?

@ZOS_GinaBruno Not one for posting negatively, really I'm not, but seriously… could you fix things like the missing/hidden achievement bug before you release the dye system for which it will be based on? Or at least before you push out more VR-12 content?

They have their toys, lets fix some of the basic stuff that affects ALL OF US… thanks.

The 90% or so odd people who care more for experiencing the whole game than power leveling through it would really like to get back to tracking our progress.

PS… LOVE the game!

I'm tired of fighting for eso.... Let them destroy the game so we can all move on
    Edited by TB1234 on June 5, 2014 5:55PM
  • TwoClips
    TwoClips
    ✭✭
    I wish I knew this before. I would have taken full advantage of this for vet level.
    I will be stuck in vet 5 permanently after patch 1.2 hits.
    Edited by TwoClips on June 5, 2014 11:23PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Not one for posting negatively, really I'm not, but seriously… could you fix things like the missing/hidden achievement bug before you release the dye system for which it will be based on? Or at least before you push out more VR-12 content?

At the risk of slightly derailing this thread, the achievement issue is scheduled to be fixed on Monday as well.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on June 5, 2014 6:02PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Beesting
    Beesting
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just realized that every V12 will prob want to roll an alt one day and then taste the bitter nerf dust.

So in the end it doesn't matter, i love the wisdom Zenimax gives me,

Still cant login though due to 301 error.
    Beesting, Bosmer Magica DK, AD EU, crafter
    Slager, Dunmer Magica DK, DC EU, pvp
    Farmer, Dunmer Magica DK, AD EU, trials build

Every major patch looks like the end of the world but somehow i just cannot stop playing.
  • Cimos
    Cimos
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I want even more disadvantages because I didn't rush to the level cap.

I feel like 5% of the players are plying a different game by getting everything before it gets nerfed. Max level, rare motifs, epic recipes...then the rest of us come along and struggle even more.

The worst part of that feeling? Knowing that the content that is coming out is continually angled towards the top 5%, to keep them happy and keep them playing. Granted, we all will someday be there and it will be all fixed (nerfed), but we will forever have the stories of much harder or easier or monetarily lucrative it was.

As a generalized rule, the people who power through a game are usually the first to get bored, bail and go on to the next game to repeat the procedure. The rest of us that will still be paying subs while they are away, temporary or for good, should get a fair share of bug fix/patch/new content as well, right?

They have their toys, lets fix some of the basic stuff that affects ALL OF US… thanks.

The 90% or so odd people who care more for experiencing the whole game than power leveling through it would really like to get back to tracking our progress.

PS… LOVE the game!

Update 2 really has no content save a VR version of an existing Dungeon. Update 2 is all bug fixed and class balances. They are doing what you want.
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭

At the risk of slightly derailing this thread, the achievement issue is scheduled to be fixed on Monday as well.

LOVE YA!
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cimos wrote: »
    Update 2 really has no content save a VR version of an existing Dungeon. Update 2 is all bug fixed and class balances. They are doing what you want.

Sparky, you have no idea what I want. Flying cars for starters… RL… not in game, that would be silly.

My point was to suggest they fix/add the generic things we have been pushing for since last fall before adding more and more new stuff for a small portion of the paying player base.

For example: Better menu/search systems for Guild stores and Banks and Backpack Inventory, sort materials by profession… See potion and food recipes and traits researched from drop down menu's AWAY from the crafting tables… things like that. Stuff that affects a LARGER amount of people.

Not the PvP mercs, caltrops, NB buff, DK nerf, Sorc… love my sorc… type stuff. Totally necessary, I am sure, and glad they are trying to level things out.

Everyone uses a backpack and a bank… not everyone is V12 and Raids, not even close… Get my point? :)
    Edited by Stonesthrow on June 5, 2014 6:25PM
  • GreasedLizard
    GreasedLizard
    ✭✭✭
    Emperor wrote: »
    Interesting arguments guys. Keep it up because I'm still not convinced this should be left in the game.

To those that think there is no difference between V1 and V12....
    There is a HUGE difference. The armor has more defence, the weapons have more damage, the potions are more effective, the list goes on and on. Look up the numbers if you don't believe me.

Lol, no experience at all. Potions cap at v5. Armor/Spell defense caps so low that people wear v1 crap ll the time. No skill points.

raising the soft-caps is THE ONLY BENEFIT

I rolled in Crag at v4 and at v11 now I feel very close to the same power level ... seriously

Just finished up Silver -> Gold. I tell you, the skill points and quest reward gear that has good traits (for crafting exp) is invaluable. They skip all of that and are far behind.

The speed at lv in Cadwell is painful, one level for a full clear of a zone. And the levels feel like jack all. For those wanting to experience the story-line, great! i liked it, and the need to be super stategic about fights or you die.

Inc!! loads of v12 noobs ....

True, but anyone can level crafting up in a day now through deconstruct.

i leveled 3 crafting skills in 2 days by running V1 Public inis ^^ (the one in Ebon with the wolfes) .... and there you get leather that gives you way more upgrade mats ^^

That without any traits is meaningless. People don't want v12 non-sets or crap sturdy/exp/well fitted, which is all you will have.
    Edited by GreasedLizard on June 5, 2014 6:28PM
  • infraction2008b16_ESO
    infraction2008b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think what they should do instead of nerfing xp/rewards is balance the boss that spawns harshly for an uber large group (i.e. make it requiire 20+ men and difficult to take down).
  • Tosalius
    Tosalius
    ✭✭
    Thanks for your feedback on this, everyone. We are making some adjustments to this that you'll see in our next patch on Monday.

Time to get to VR12 this weekend...

• andreas.rudroffb16_ESO

That without any traits is meaningless. People don't want v12 non-sets or crap sturdy/exp/well fitted, which is all you will have.

the same you get from anomalies, pink crap up to V11 (just good to deconstruct)

the socalled "new setitems" dropping in green up to V11 are a waste of time

• ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 - 2 days of grinding? Still too long.
  • elblobbob14_ESO
    elblobbob14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

While we got you here, I shamelessly used the anomalies to powerlevel VR9-12, after mind-numbingly going through all the quests in the other 2 factions. Yes, some were interesting and some I enjoyed, some were just carbon copies of the same quest in the other factions, and some I clicked through just to finish, but finish them I did, and I have to tell you (if in fact you are actually reading this), I was never more disappointed then to complete Caldwell's Gold, expecting something extra-special, only to get a lame blue necklace and a half-ass pat on the back from dear old Caldwell. He could have at least showed a little bit more enthusiasm. What a letdown.

• Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    that spawns harshly for an uber large group (i.e. make it requiire 20+ men and difficult to take down).
    Define 'a large group'.

Does that mean if there's a group with a large amount of people together that the boss spawns with a lot more health?

Or is it proximity of total number of players?

If you define by the first, people will still get VP and items even if they don't group...
  • Cimos
    Cimos
    ✭✭✭

Sparky, you have no idea what I want. Flying cars for starters… RL… not in game, that would be silly.

My point was to suggest they fix/add the generic things we have been pushing for since last fall before adding more and more new stuff for a small portion of the paying player base.

For example: Better menu/search systems for Guild stores and Banks and Backpack Inventory, sort materials by profession… See potion and food recipes and traits researched from drop down menu's AWAY from the crafting tables… things like that. Stuff that affects a LARGER amount of people.

Not the PvP mercs, caltrops, NB buff, DK nerf, Sorc… love my sorc… type stuff. Totally necessary, I am sure, and glad they are trying to level things out.

Everyone uses a backpack and a bank… not everyone is V12 and Raids, not even close… Get my point? :)

Yeah I got you now. Although inventory management and guild store searching is not a bug. It's just game design. For most people it is not game-breaking either.

I personally have no problem with inventory / bank management. As long as I can craft stuff without removing mats from my bank, it works fine for me. No need to organize mats, because I can see them all from the crafting station.

As for the guild store search functions, yeah they suck, but then again maybe they designed it like that? The reason behind the Guild Stores (as opposed to an all-faction AH) is to make it harder for Bot Farmers to sell their stuff. Perhaps the difficulty of finding things in the guild store is supporting this strategy as well? They want people to find materials organically, not just buy everything from AH.

I am not saying I agree with the strategy, I would rather have a WoW-esque AH. But I can see why they did it.

But I would expect them to fix bugs before they decide to change unpopular game design.
  • Aoifesan
    Aoifesan
    ✭✭✭

Well no. Not exacting. They promised night blade improvements. Yet the improvements are amounting to a nerf and a couple more bug fixes. And unless Refreshing path is healing for 3-4 times its current amount of 35, it won't be worth slotting on the bar for heals either.
  • Bloodsip
    Bloodsip
    ✭✭
    Great something else that will be nerfed before I get a chance at it.................
    I am lvl V1 and not even seen a purple drop.
  • XanadoX
    XanadoX
    ✭✭
    Thanks for your feedback on this, everyone. We are making some adjustments to this that you'll see in our next patch on Monday.

Yes, give them a boost. Grinding is no fun, vr is no fun nor inmersive.

It seems the fun is when you reach vr12, so let us be vr12 asap.
    Isn't the fun at vr12? Then the fun should be in PVP, so let us be vr12 asap.

Or where is the fun?
    Using exploits or bugs to lvl faster than the others?

If you are gonna touch the anomalies, you should rollback all the items and xp if it was a bug. Or ban the players if it was an exploit.

• Drasn
    Drasn
    ✭✭✭✭
    XanadoX wrote: »

If you are gonna touch the anomalies, you should rollback all the items and xp if it was a bug. Or ban the players if it was an exploit.

They'll most likely just make anomalies worthless to do... ever. Then all of us that have already reaped the benefits get to watch even more people complain about the boring as hell time sink known as veteran content.
  • NerfEverything
    NerfEverything
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything that you can bot from VR1-12 in one day and make over 100k doing it is clearly broken. They should have been hotfixed like the Kaldara dungeon was. Another huge mistake on Zen's part.
  • XanadoX
    XanadoX
    ✭✭

They'll most likely just make anomalies worthless to do... ever. Then all of us that have already reaped the benefits get to watch even more people complain about the boring as hell time sink known as veteran content.

I agree.

And then you get many non legit vr12 and many non legit crafters. Because anomalies have destroyed blacksmithing, clothing and woodworking. It has taken me 2 months to get lvl 42 woodworker and with anomalies it's just a couple of days. If I would know that...
    Edited by XanadoX on June 5, 2014 8:15PM
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I got you now. Although inventory management and guild store searching is not a bug. It's just game design. For most people it is not game-breaking either.

I personally have no problem with inventory / bank management. As long as I can craft stuff without removing mats from my bank, it works fine for me. No need to organize mats, because I can see them all from the crafting station.

As for the guild store search functions, yeah they suck, but then again maybe they designed it like that? The reason behind the Guild Stores (as opposed to an all-faction AH) is to make it harder for Bot Farmers to sell their stuff. Perhaps the difficulty of finding things in the guild store is supporting this strategy as well? They want people to find materials organically, not just buy everything from AH.

I am not saying I agree with the strategy, I would rather have a WoW-esque AH. But I can see why they did it.

But I would expect them to fix bugs before they decide to change unpopular game design.

Didn't say any of that was a bug… I said add/fix.

Except the Great Achievement Houdini Act of 2014… that's a bug.

And don't really care about an AH, just want to be able to search for a VR4 headpiece and not have to select "50" and see and sort through12 levels of crap that I have to highlight each one to find out wether it's VR4 or not. I want to select "recipe" and see every recipe for sale or in stock. I want to click an arrow and sort by Alpha instead of Gold Value… not asking for the moon.

And why don't I know what recipes I know when I'm killing a gator in the Fens? Why do I need to find a town and stare into the fire to remember? :persevere:

Bah, they will address all of this in time I am sure. I just want to help prioritize a little… so do we need another VR12 loot fest they will nerf by the time most people get to see it or some basic functionality improvements across the board? Just saying… :)
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree.

And then you get many non legit vr12 and many non legit crafters. Because anomalies have destroyed blacksmithing, clothing and woodworking. It has taken me 2 months to get lvl 42 woodworker and with anomalies it's just a couple of days. If I would know that...

Explain legit? I had over 40 in all three before I hit vr10 on my first character and that was in week two, obviously long before craglorn. All I did was deconstruct all quest rewards and mob drops.

Tell the truth, you think everyone who does things faster than you is a big mean cheater don't you?
  • norrisnick
    norrisnick
    ✭✭✭

Or where is the fun?

The fun is in the game. 17 days played on one character. Level 42. Having lots of fun.

Of course the game is going to be boring if you don't actually play it and just skip everything. I mean, what did you expect?
  • Drasn
    Drasn
    ✭✭✭✭
    norrisnick wrote: »

Or where is the fun?

The fun is in the game. 17 days played on one character. Level 42. Having lots of fun.

Of course the game is going to be boring if you don't actually play it and just skip everything. I mean, what did you expect?

Because everyone has fun the exact same way...
  • iaintoff
    iaintoff
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not usually one to ask for nerfs, but this is kind of ridiculous.

People can grind 2 anomolies at once with a group of ~12 people and get ~1.5-2 MILLION experience per hour. People are going from V1 to V12 in 1-2 days. This is absurd. On top of that epic (purple) items are flooding the market for veteran ranks. I don't think this really needs to be adjusted though because if the anomolies are nerfed there won't be so many people grinding them which will mean less epic items will flood the market.

I understand that people complained about the quest grind and that they wanted a different way to level, but that doesn't mean give us a way to get all 12 veteran rank levels in 1-2 days! There is absolutely no "wow factor" for people that are V12 anymore. V12 used to mean that you saw everything ESO has to offer. V12 used to mean that you had a lot of experience with the game and were most likely a skilled player. V12 used to mean you were a nerd. Now V12 just means you spent 1-2 days grinding anomalies.

I'm not saying nerf anomalies so hard that they are pointless to do or grind for the people that want to level that way, but nerf it enough to bring it down to a normal level compared to all the other ways of leveling (dungeons, quests, and PvP).

Discuss.

EDIT:
    There is a HUGE difference. The armor has more defence, the weapons have more damage, the potions are more effective, the list goes on and on. Look up the numbers if you don't believe me.

What is it with these people
    I mean it's really easy you don't speak for we you speak for you
    So, if you don't want to farm anomalies then don't, leave the people alone who do.
    Now is that a hard concept to grasp

• Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    iaintoff wrote: »
    I'm not usually one to ask for nerfs, but this is kind of ridiculous.

People can grind 2 anomolies at once with a group of ~12 people and get ~1.5-2 MILLION experience per hour. People are going from V1 to V12 in 1-2 days. This is absurd. On top of that epic (purple) items are flooding the market for veteran ranks. I don't think this really needs to be adjusted though because if the anomolies are nerfed there won't be so many people grinding them which will mean less epic items will flood the market.

I understand that people complained about the quest grind and that they wanted a different way to level, but that doesn't mean give us a way to get all 12 veteran rank levels in 1-2 days! There is absolutely no "wow factor" for people that are V12 anymore. V12 used to mean that you saw everything ESO has to offer. V12 used to mean that you had a lot of experience with the game and were most likely a skilled player. V12 used to mean you were a nerd. Now V12 just means you spent 1-2 days grinding anomalies.

I'm not saying nerf anomalies so hard that they are pointless to do or grind for the people that want to level that way, but nerf it enough to bring it down to a normal level compared to all the other ways of leveling (dungeons, quests, and PvP).

Discuss.

EDIT:

What is it with these people
    I mean it's really easy you don't speak for we you speak for you
    So, if you don't want to farm anomalies then don't, leave the people alone who do.
    Now is that a hard concept to grasp

Yes it is a hard concept to accept when anomalies drop wayyy too many blues and purples for time invested.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭
    After you have 1 vr12 most people do NOT want to do it all again.... Leave the anoms alone, EVERYONE has access to them at vr1. STOP WHINING!!
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It a little too late, Craglorn is just a grid exp zone, all your V1-V10 zones are empty, as players always take the easy option and its a little too late to even bother fixing this. Its already done.