The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

~+~ How are Anomalies not nerfed yet? ~+~

Emperor
Emperor
✭✭✭✭
I'm not usually one to ask for nerfs, but this is kind of ridiculous.

People can grind 2 anomolies at once with a group of ~12 people and get ~1.5-2 MILLION experience per hour. People are going from V1 to V12 in 1-2 days. This is absurd. On top of that epic (purple) items are flooding the market for veteran ranks. I don't think this really needs to be adjusted though because if the anomolies are nerfed there won't be so many people grinding them which will mean less epic items will flood the market.

I understand that people complained about the quest grind and that they wanted a different way to level, but that doesn't mean give us a way to get all 12 veteran rank levels in 1-2 days! There is absolutely no "wow factor" for people that are V12 anymore. V12 used to mean that you saw everything ESO has to offer. V12 used to mean that you had a lot of experience with the game and were most likely a skilled player. V12 used to mean you were a nerd. Now V12 just means you spent 1-2 days grinding anomalies.

I'm not saying nerf anomalies so hard that they are pointless to do or grind for the people that want to level that way, but nerf it enough to bring it down to a normal level compared to all the other ways of leveling (dungeons, quests, and PvP).

Discuss.

EDIT:
To those that think there is no difference between V1 and V12....
There is a HUGE difference. The armor has more defence, the weapons have more damage, the potions are more effective, the list goes on and on. Look up the numbers if you don't believe me.

EDIT 2:
Thank you for nerfing this Zenimax. It is still better than any other experience rate in the game, but I think it is fair because grinding should be more experience/hr than anything else.
If you like small group PvP (2-4 players) and solo PvP check out my video ;)https://youtube.com/watch?v=jechGImtFio

SPOILER: The first 40 seconds of the video contains a scene from the final Molag Bal boss fight!

• gurluasb16_ESO
    gurluasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, leveling is painfully slow elsewhere.
    Anomalies seem to be the answer to those who want to do endgame stuff immediately and not quest. And I think it should be an option for them.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On top of that, it drops an insane amount of blues/purples.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • andreas.rudroffb16_ESO
    and what is the difference between V1 and V12 ?

the "grinders" just get a "virtual level" (V1 mobs still woop their ass)
    no skillpoints (in fact they are missing out on skillpoints)
    no fun (just stupid grind)
    no benefit (the "loot" of the anomalies ist USELESS in the V12 area), just some gold and some upgrade mats)
    they aquire no battle experiance = they have to L2P at V12

in fact .... they just waste time
    Edited by andreas.rudroffb16_ESO on June 5, 2014 2:33PM
  • cf398ub17_ESO
    cf398ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    i am not getting any xp from those dam things
    thank god for balamath!!!
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I want even more disadvantages because I didn't rush to the level cap.

I feel like 5% of the players are plying a different game by getting everything before it gets nerfed. Max level, rare motifs, epic recipes...then the rest of us come along and struggle even more.
  • Tosalius
    Tosalius
    ✭✭
    I agree with this post, but I'm taking advantage of it because the quest grind sucks for me and I can't get groups for dungeons because I'm a Stamina build NB :(

At first I resisted this grind as it wasn't in the "spirit of the game" to me, but I caved in. I've gone from VR2 to VR4 faster then I went from 40 to 41!!!
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, nobody seems to know with accuracy why some folks get millions of exp and some get a measly hundred or so. I've heard DPs theories, grouping theories, first hit, last hit, most hits, etc. None have born out in testing with my guildies and me. Some folks get broken exp. Some don't. But fortunately the blues and purples are there for all.
  • Devlinne
    Devlinne
    ✭✭✭
    Me personally. i feel anomalies are there as an option. There are those who love to immerse, enjoy the story line etc etc. AND there are those who want to cut thru the PVE stuff, so they can go pvp.
    So those that love the story and exploring stuff...can go explore and umm read the stories.
    Those that don't, can grind up so they can do something which THEY find enjoyable.

So which way is right? I'm not gonna be the one to tell anyone that their way is "wrong"
    Are you?
    Devlinne: VR12 NB
    Demonos: VR12 Sorc
    Devin Flames: VR12 DK
    Hellzanger: VR12 Templar

Thats right. ALL CLASSES.
  • Seroczynski
    Seroczynski
    ✭✭✭
    Make them drop less loot, but keep the grind option, please. I am almost VR1 with my alt, and have zero interesting in going through the massive quest grinding again.
    “To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.” ― Homer J. Simpson
  • Dayv
    Dayv
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've no interest in doing it, but I really don't care if other people do.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    no benefit (the "loot" of the anomalies ist USELESS in the V12 area), just some gold and some upgrade mats)

'Just' gold and upgrade mats? Oh yeah cause who needs gold and upgrade mats?
    Edited by Erock25 on June 5, 2014 2:40PM
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • smokes
    smokes
    ✭✭✭
    if they fix the VR1-10 content, i wont mind if they nerf the anomalies.

at the moment, it's the only way i'll ever make VR12. it's like a lifeline, but yet one that makes me feel a little dirty.

i still think they should roll back the veteran ranks to VR2 and make other faction quest areas give 0xp. the skyshards and loot should be reward enough, but even the loot from those quests is meagre in comparison to the time and effort involved.

i liked the suggestion i read today, to add optional difficulty levels to those zones and scale the loot accordingly. i.e. greens for easy, blues for medium, purples for hard. although i have concerns over exploiting that, like doing the quest on easy then setting it to hard before handing in the quest.

either way, i'm very confused by the direction zenimax are taking, i guess they have their reasons, i just wish i knew what they were!
  • Kwas
    Kwas
    ✭✭
    No need to nerf it... Buffing other stuff is the way to go ...

Questing whole area, cutting through dozens of supercharged trash mobs to get one level ... Thanks but no thanks. Quest xp sucks. Quest rewards suck. Trash mob xp suck.

"Normal" Crag mobs are around 2.4k hp mark, "normal" vr1 mobs sit around 2k. Crag ones seem to hit a bit lighter too, being 10 levels above vr1's.

Also, I don't really want help other Alliances, exact same ones I've been fighting last week...

I'm already missing on skyshards, quest skill points, achievements, group dungeon skill points etc...

And last thing - 1.5-2m xp is pretty tricky to get with the number of people currently farming it, and no clear indication of "what to do to get the xp"
  • smercgames_ESO
    smercgames_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    There are alot of benefits to getting to VR 12. Are you going to waste all your legendary mats on a VR 1 sword or a VR 12? The gear/enchants for VR 12 are better than VR 1. The potions for VR 12 are better than VR 1. So yeah you don't get skill points or stat points but to say it doesn't make a difference is dumb. It's like saying someone level 40 with a few more skyshards and the battle buff is the same as a VR 1. Hell no they aren't.
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VR10 never meant anything. People worked out how to exploit their way to VR10 pre-launch and we had VR10s 2 days later launch. This is more of the same and, to be honest, if I want to make an alt for PVP only it has to be VR12 to be competitive most likely - I want a shortcut for that alt myself (and I'm doing all content on my main).
    Edited by ferzalrwb17_ESO on June 5, 2014 3:08PM
  • andreas.rudroffb16_ESO
    Erock25 wrote: »

you get easily more gold and mats from running public dungeons :)

• WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Obviously the intent was not for these Anomalies to be exploited like this as they make all the other Craglorn content obsolete (and have killed thev1-v10 areas). But for whatever reason Zeni is allowing them to stay. Yes the real fix needs to be made in the V1-V10 grind. Not to necessarily make it easier but at least more exciting.

My problem is not that players can go from V1-V12 in a couple days (under 2 hours per VR level) but that the drops are completely destroying crafting and making all gear useless. 2 hours yields roughly 100 items of which roughly 40% are blues and purples.

They real should fix the Anomalies.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Really? People I know who did Anomalies v6-12 report that they got something like 300+ blues and 200+ purples over that time. I'm vr6 and do every single public dungeon and have about 5 purples total that have dropped since I started VR leveling. Unless that rate significantly increases, I do not see how public dungeons give more.
    Edited by Erock25 on June 5, 2014 3:16PM
  • andreas.rudroffb16_ESO
    My problem is not that players can go from V1-V12 in a couple days (under 2 hours per VR level) but that the drops are completely destroying crafting and making all gear useless. 2 hours yields roughly 100 items of which roughly 40% are blues and purples.

none of that drops you would like to use at V12, i assure you (and not only because they stop at V11)

the faster people go to V12, the more people need V12 crafted sets ^^

• Emperor
    Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting arguments guys. Keep it up because I'm still not convinced this should be left in the game.

To those that think there is no difference between V1 and V12....
    There is a HUGE difference. The armor has more defence, the weapons have more damage, the potions are more effective, the list goes on and on. Look up the numbers if you don't believe me.
    If you like small group PvP (2-4 players) and solo PvP check out my video ;)https://youtube.com/watch?v=jechGImtFio

SPOILER: The first 40 seconds of the video contains a scene from the final Molag Bal boss fight!

• kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really? People I know who did Anomalies v6-12 report that they got something like 300+ blues and 200+ purples over that time. I'm vr6 and do every single public dungeon and have about 5 purples total that have dropped since I started VR leveling. Unless that rate significantly increases, I do not see how public dungeons give more.

I think you would get a lot more if you ran public dungeons exclusively from VR6-VR12.

I am actually really surprised they are not on a longer timer or have them positioned in a way people can't run three at a time.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because they realized not everyone liked the quest grind so they had to add a highway to VR12.
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

none of that drops you would like to use at V12, i assure you (and not only because they stop at V11)

True, but anyone can level crafting up in a day now through deconstruct.
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    They arent nerfed because they are awesome.
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obviously the intent was not for these Anomalies to be exploited like this as they make all the other Craglorn content obsolete (and have killed thev1-v10 areas). But for whatever reason Zeni is allowing them to stay.

I think it's extremely obvious that anomalies are intended to be used this way, and that it's not an exploit.

Kardala was considered an exploit ---> patched out within 2 days
    Anomalies are not considered an exploit ---> still going strong 2 weeks later
    Edited by McDoogs on June 5, 2014 3:25PM
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kitsinni wrote: »

I think you would get a lot more if you ran public dungeons exclusively from VR6-VR12.

I am actually really surprised they are not on a longer timer or have them positioned in a way people can't run three at a time.

Interesting. So vr6+ starts giving more purples? Good to know. What is the timer for allowing you to get boss loot again and what do you mean by being able to run three at a time?
  • Emperor
    Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    kitsinni wrote: »

You wouldn't get close to amount of purples from dungeons as you do anomolies. Purples for anomolies drop about 50% of the time.

• andreas.rudroffb16_ESO

True, but anyone can level crafting up in a day now through deconstruct.

i leveled 3 crafting skills in 2 days by running V1 Public inis ^^ (the one in Ebon with the wolfes) .... and there you get leather that gives you way more upgrade mats ^^

Edited by andreas.rudroffb16_ESO on June 5, 2014 3:45PM
  • Mission
    Mission
    ✭✭✭
    They should just buff xp from questing. And bring anomaly xp down some to balance them so that leveling isn't dredgingly slow, but keeps leveling balanced between the different sources of leveling.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for your feedback on this, everyone. We are making some adjustments to this that you'll see in our next patch on Monday.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post