Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v1.2.0

• bluntobjnub18_ESO
    "We know Sorcs can pull 1200, we know NB's can do 1k, Templars are maybe where things should be?"

250-300 DPS?
  • timedilation
    timedilation
    ✭✭✭
    I'm almost certain that my very important question will be ignored, but it is one that I must ask.

When is this patch going to be deployed? Will it be out before the next subscription fee is due?

I have already subbed again once, and I feel that that was a complete mistake with how terrible Cyrodiil has been since the last patch. If you plan on keeping a majority of your already dwindling population you need to get this patch out before you make people pay again.

Remember what happened when patch 1.1 went live? They scrambled to fix loads of game-breaking bugs.

Let 'em test it out properly please, thanks.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if ZoS actually goes through all our comments, but the hircine's vernier (savior set) that got nerfed last patch, should be unnerfed. I moved on from the set, but others might want to use it and changing it from 25% regen bonus to 10% made it pretty much useless. I think before it raised my regen about six or seven points, after it raised it one (maybe two). Pretty sad for a unique five piece set bonus (when you can get three piece sets that raise it 14 points). (Even if it is a group bonus - it's still weak).
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Oberon
    Oberon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    • Storm Calling
    • Bolt Escape: After you use this ability, using it again within 4 seconds will cost 50% more.
    And nary a mention of fixing the universally hated "you cannot mount while in combat" game mechanic that very seriously impacts healers in Cyrodiil.

Please get rid of this despised mechanic and let everyone mount while in combat. It takes time. If they get hit they are stunned. There is no reason for this horrid design concept to remain in the game.

If the ZOS developers do not realize that healers must run on foot for 5-10 minutes after a combat has long since concluded, they either never play healers or are utterly clueless as to the reality of healing in Cyrodiil.

Please. Get. Rid. Of. This. Outdated. Primitive. Unnecessary. Mechanic.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why first person only for the fov? Third person players need it too, and a camera zoom distance slider please.... It is way too tightly in since the nerf to max zoom distance. Any chance we can see this addressed for 1.2 as well with the first person love coming in? @Zos_GinaBruno
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on June 4, 2014 12:52AM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course I'd like to see more, who wouldn't, but I understand that not everything can be addressed at once. To that end I'm happy with what's up so far.

That being said, There's no word again on Honor the Dead in the Templar, Restoring Light skill line. It seems it's been very well documented that this skill isn't working, or at least isn't working as precisely intended, yet it doesn't seem to be getting any attention. Hopefully we'll hear something official soon on it one way or another.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • kedz54
    kedz54
    ✭✭✭
    Verzwei wrote: »
    kedz54 wrote: »
    My God some of you are just never happy. Jfc

Well, I mean, I know they have to balance existing content while fixing current problems, but it's discouraging to see another Dark Talons 'nerf' when the skill is currently busted on live.

The first nerf increased the magicka cost. Okay, fine, the tooltip cost for the spell went up. People can deal. Problem is that not only did the stated cost go up, casting the ability actually costs twice the tooltip amount.

It literally takes 45% of my DK's Magicka bar to cast Dark Talons now, when it should only cost a little over 20%. I see no mention of this being fixed, but they're reducing the effectiveness of the skill again, so hey there's that.

And poor NBs. They've been reporting since launch that Leeching Strikes was busted and only returning 2.4% health per hit instead of the tooltip-stated 4%. Two months later ZOS is... reducing the tooltip to state that the 'bugged' amount is now correct? Really?

While I agree that it sucks and they're really fixing stuff incredibly slow I'm still remaining patient. This is from someone that has almost zero patience anymore. I really do wish, however, they'd release more hotfixes.

Dunmer Sorcerer
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Zos_GinaBruno, in lieu of a camera zoom distance slider for 1.2 if we don't get one can you see if this is approved or not with the team like the original fov mod program was? http://www.gamemodi.net/ has esolauncher that provides a max camera zoom changer.

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm almost certain that my very important question will be ignored, but it is one that I must ask.

When is this patch going to be deployed? Will it be out before the next subscription fee is due?

I have already subbed again once, and I feel that that was a complete mistake with how terrible Cyrodiil has been since the last patch. If you plan on keeping a majority of your already dwindling population you need to get this patch out before you make people pay again.

Remember what happened when patch 1.1 went live? They scrambled to fix loads of game-breaking bugs.

If they continue at this pace, where it took well over a week to remove broken Mercenary's from PvP (which should have taken less than 1-day), the games population will be non-existent. The game already feels like a ghost town.

I 100% agree though, they've messed up with every patch so far. Every patch brings more bugs to the table than it fixed. The problem that they are facing now though is this. They are not gaining players, they are only losing players. So time frames are more important than ever.
  • skinnynakedboy
    skinnynakedboy
    Soul Shriven
    all starting to look good apart from "BOW" this needs a huge buff less utility more dps! its a 2hander that has a 1hander base value on it... logic behind that i do not see.please look at improving the dps from bow and taking away some utility
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Igneous Shield (Obsidian Shield morph): This ability now increases the healing you deal to allies for 5 seconds instead of increasing your shield value.

I dont get that? The healing I (as a DK) deal to others? With a restoration staff or what?
    And btw, if you do such significant changes to skills REFUND US THE ALREADY SPENT POINTS!
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, big buffs to sorcerer, nb, and templars, more dk nerfs.... DK are going to be bottom of the totem pole now. Glad my nb is vr10 almost... DK now has a worse version of everyone's spells, with no class mobility and melee range damage on par with everyone else who can do it from range :(. Shame, I really like the dk but they're going to be substantially worse than everyone else as of 1.1.3 and 1.2.

And people are still demanding more nerfs! I love the changes they're making to the other three classrs and sorcerer pet commands are long overdue plus mobile dark deal and pet stealth... Templars life tap jabs will rick plus searing light dmg buffed is a huge deal of with the miss debuff. Nb is seeing some more utility buffs etc and already can deal great dps (dot specs) in trials and bar none in pvp burst. I'm a longtime dk but have played all classes @ vet rank and have a decked nb on live too.

Lynch mob complaining has now gutted DKs.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on June 4, 2014 1:22AM

✭✭✭✭✭
    And still, no real love has been given to the Nightblade class, and nothing major done to DKs or Sorcs.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And still, no real love has been given to the Nightblade class, and nothing major done to DKs or Sorcs.

Between 1.1.3 and 1.2 what more do you want ? Nb has aamazing utility and equal dps, has good ranged dps options, and more group utility with veil, better healing capabilities, etc. than a dk can hope for. Sorcs got a big buff with long overdue pet commands and mobile dark deal. Templars had strong skills already and saw substantial improvements now too. Between 1.1 series nerfs and 1.2 nerfs, dk is in much worse shape than the other 2 "underpowered" (which never really were bad) classes had been.

Only further thing nb needs is bug fixes like Dark cloak breaking on dots. As I said I'm glad my nb is just about capped now :p.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on June 4, 2014 1:28AM

Soul Shriven
    No endless fury fix for sorcs >.< I desperately need that to start returning magicka again. ZOS PLEASE! PLEEEEASE
  • Rammi
    Rammi
    ✭✭✭
    •Siphoning

•Siphoning Strikes: This ability now restores slightly less resources, and will no longer desync your resource bars upon use.

Sigh........

WHen i read this i went WTF, They nerfed Nightblades! Im *** confused!

The Champion System should have rewarded Champion Points based off of achievements and feats earned through excelling at end game content not grinding your life away vs mobs in order to stay competitive. This system is uncreative and is a great example of extremely lazy system design. Yes, you should be embarrassed
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why first person only for the fov? Third person players need it too, and a camera zoom distance slider please.... It is way too tightly in since the nerf to max zoom distance. Any chance we can see this addressed for 1.2 as well with the first person love coming in? @Zos_GinaBruno

You don't need a FOV slider in third person.. your field of view is already huge....

And zooming the camera out any further all you'll see is trees.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they continue at this pace, where it took well over a week to remove broken Mercenary's from PvP (which should have taken less than 1-day), the games population will be non-existent. The game already feels like a ghost town.

I 100% agree though, they've messed up with every patch so far. Every patch brings more bugs to the table than it fixed. The problem that they are facing now though is this. They are not gaining players, they are only losing players. So time frames are more important than ever.

You have no idea how this system works, do you?

Pulling it out in a day probably would have broken something else.
  • j.frank.nicholsb14_ESO
    Hey more nerfs to DK. I freaking quit.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »

You don't need a FOV slider in third person.. your field of view is already huge....

Funny, because my character takes up 1/6 of my screen width already and is so close in I can hardly see anything ;). Our field of view is not "huge" by any stretch and the zoom distance is very small, I can't see a boss monster's head if I'm in melee range even. It's fine if you have an opinion but we need an FOV and max zoom distance adjustment JUST for third-person as much as first person ever needed FOV. In my opinion then if you think third-person doesn't need it then first-person doesn't either... time to campaign for first-person not to get it then eh?
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on June 4, 2014 1:53AM

✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

I thought 1.2 was supposed to be the big nightblade patch, that adjusted all our abilities so that we are actually on par on with others.

It looks more like the templar patch to be fair.

Did I miss a patch or some dev post that either of these happened? :

- All the fixes / buffs got pushed back yet again
    - They've already happened

Honestly I've had zero desire to play and it takes you guys forever to get a patch out to us. The dev tracker being almost unreadable only compounds the issue. So I haven't been around much.

I understand these are only PTS notes, but I fully expected A LOT more to the Nightblade section that is currently there...
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all starting to look good apart from "BOW" this needs a huge buff less utility more dps! its a 2hander that has a 1hander base value on it... logic behind that i do not see.please look at improving the dps from bow and taking away some utility

I quite like my utility.

And if by "utility" you mean "crappy aoe" and "ranged interrupt", if you're suggesting they remove that interrupt I'll be forced to sock whack you.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Huggernaut wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

I thought 1.2 was supposed to be the big nightblade patch, that adjusted all our abilities so that we are actually on par on with others.

Honestly I've had zero desire to play and it takes you guys forever to get a patch out to us. The dev tracker being almost unreadable only compounds the issue. So I haven't been around much.

I understand these are only PTS notes, but I fully expected A LOT more to the Nightblade section that is currently there...

We (as Night Blades) already are better off than everyone else now if you look outside the cookie-cutter "SPAM CONCEALED BLADE" spec :). Look into DOT specs, thank me later, you can out-dps dk and sorcs in trials already. These extra changes/buffs will only help round out NB even further.

✭✭✭
    I don't really care about the DK nerfs. *reads the notes again* Wait, was that even really a nerf? Six of the eight changes look good to me and I don't think us DKs are in need of as many buffs as the other classes.

What I really want is the VR trash mobs to get nerfed so veteran content is finally fun.
    What do you call a Wood Elf who doesn't lie or cheat or steal?
    A dead Wood Elf.
  • Jade_Knightblazerb14_ESO

Funny, because my character takes up 1/6 of my screen width already and is so close in I can hardly see anything ;). Our field of view is not "huge" by any stretch and the zoom distance is very small, I can't see a boss monster's head if I'm in melee range even. It's fine if you have an opinion but we need an FOV and max zoom distance adjustment JUST for third-person as much as first person ever needed FOV. In my opinion then if you think third-person doesn't need it then first-person doesn't either... time to campaign for first-person not to get it then eh?

3rd person doesn't currently make people ill... can't say the same for fpv.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I second the concerns in regard to heavy/medium armor types and stamina based builds.

In regard to heavy armor:

Increase the bonus given by juggernaut and rapid mending from .5/1% to 1/2% per piece of armor.

In regard to Stamina:

Change the source pool for CC Break to Magicka (strong will, and all that).

Increase the weapons skill cost reductions 50-100% for all passives that offer a reduced costs to abilities.

A couple of additional thoughts:

One hand and shield bash abilities were nerfed a little too heavily. A modest 20% increase in current damage would better match the stamina expended.

Change Power Slam to instead do an AoE forward arc stun.

Nice to see some templar buffs, but some further improvements would be helpful:

1. It may be time to revisit the original restoring spirit passive ability, perhaps in a reduced form.
    2. An increased radius on Rune Focus would assist templars that choose to tank.
    3. Consider removing the collar restriction on honor the dead, where no magicka will be restored if target health is over 50% after the heal.
    4. Consider a buff to sun shield; the ability is of less use in VR where it will be used up at an accelerated rate due to the amount of damage output by VR mobs. Consider a total damage shield increase, or reduction in cost.

Re: stamina/magicka for cc break, we should have a toggle that lets us use EITHER stamina or magicka at our choice, for CC breaking. Not just one or the other forced on us. Good post. Regarding point #4 I would say it should have a higher duration moreso than either of those tweaks, it's already a very strong shield if used as intended (hitting an enemy or two with it while popping it for defense).

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

3rd person doesn't currently make people ill... can't say the same for fpv.

It does, actually. I have a relative that plays with me and she gets motion sick due to the low zoom distance in ESO. Other games she's played haven't caused that but she's so close in on the character that the motion bugs the hell out of her. Personally it's a gameplay annoyance but saying it doesn't affect others is a silly blanket statement with no substance.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on June 4, 2014 2:29AM

✭✭✭✭
    People put 49 points in to health, than all their armor has magika bonus's, and cry about how their weapon abilities are useless. Go figure..
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huggernaut wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

We (as Night Blades) already are better off than everyone else now if you look outside the cookie-cutter "SPAM CONCEALED BLADE" spec :). Look into DOT specs, thank me later, you can out-dps dk and sorcs in trials already. These extra changes/buffs will only help round out NB even further.

I thought I was the only one who understood this. Seriously, I'm tired of people complaining about NB's because they roll with the cookie builds.

I'm currently DW/BOW/2H and I put money on the line that I can keep my DPS even with anyone out there. Especially with the buff to pots, it's become insane.

Power Extraction/Whirlwind/Rune.... Not to mention using abilities from SD.

My DoT spec is pretty damn sick too. Melting bosses.
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • TwoClips
    TwoClips
    ✭✭
    First off I could care less about PVP.
    Stop nerfing abilities based off people whining after dying in PVP.
    If you want class balance make code that impacts players when they enter PVP.
    I'm sick of having to change play style after every patch.
    I am strictly PVE and questing in veteran areas. I get an ability layout that starts to work and I can finally kill mobs without getting my butt kicked. Then some stupid PVP class balance change happens and I'm back at square one.
    Yes I'm upset after reading these stupid notes. I really hope the changes are scrutinized before implemented.
    I have submitted feedback but it seems this game only listens to groups of lemmings and not individuals.
    Before all you PVP, Elitist, fan boy and forum lawyers attack me just be aware I could care less what you think.

This discussion has been closed.