The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v1.2.0

• Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    limeli8 wrote: »
    Bolt Escape: After you use this ability, using it again within 4 seconds will cost 50% more.

So is it 300 then next one 450 and next one still 450 or 300-450-675? Cause if its the 1st one i'd still say its a bit much but its acceptable but if its the 2nd one then might as well remove ability all together or rename it into "bolt waste magica and still die 5 feet away"
    Its a mix of both as the 4 second timer is based on the first cast.

So 3 casts under 4 seconds then its 300-450-675
    So 3 casts just over 4 seconds then its 300-450-450

Edited by Natjur on June 3, 2014 10:02PM
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elgarr wrote: »
    Oh hello..they actually let ya create a Vr9 character on here with gear and everything..

Thank god.

No copy/paste option then?
    Since you can't copy/paste to transfer across the NA and EU servers, I don't think there's a mechanism for that. PTS is basically like Live, different server only with a newer patch they need feedback on and templates.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Galilelo
    Galilelo
    1 vet dungeon? (and we already have this dungeon in normal mode) Really? This is the big add-on for 1.2? Oh my. Cannot wait for 1.3. A least we can pickup useless sword now.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers.
    Voltaire
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, no real reason to either, since they give you a pretty hefty amount of gold and everything, along with some gear and 150 skill points.

• bluntobjnub18_ESO
    I second the concerns in regard to heavy/medium armor types and stamina based builds.

In regard to heavy armor:

Increase the bonus given by juggernaut and rapid mending from .5/1% to 1/2% per piece of armor.

In regard to Stamina:

Change the source pool for CC Break to Magicka (strong will, and all that).

Increase the weapons skill cost reductions 50-100% for all passives that offer a reduced costs to abilities.

A couple of additional thoughts:

One hand and shield bash abilities were nerfed a little too heavily. A modest 20% increase in current damage would better match the stamina expended.

Change Power Slam to instead do an AoE forward arc stun.

Nice to see some templar buffs, but some further improvements would be helpful:

1. It may be time to revisit the original restoring spirit passive ability, perhaps in a reduced form.
    2. An increased radius on Rune Focus would assist templars that choose to tank.
    3. Consider removing the collar restriction on honor the dead, where no magicka will be restored if target health is over 50% after the heal.
    4. Consider a buff to sun shield; the ability is of less use in VR where it will be used up at an accelerated rate due to the amount of damage output by VR mobs. Consider a total damage shield increase, or reduction in cost.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incapacitate + Flawless Dawnbreaker and good gear = NB's easily breaking 1k on crit with Heavy Attack on Bow by the way.

I can do it on my DK almost right now... having another damage increase like that from Incapacitate would allow me to do that easily. God help us if they ever Make Haste effect Bows

• Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    •Siphoning

•Siphoning Strikes: This ability now restores slightly less resources, and will no longer desync your resource bars upon use.

Sigh........
  • Carnagan
    Carnagan
    ✭✭✭
    Improved Interior Lighting
    • They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so take a look at these images of our new window projections:
    konxyyh3i5ke.jpg
    3fbyq1e59w0d.jpg

Dat lighting...
    "You dream of the Moon and a man who is less than a man."
    Proud explorer of Tamriel since 1996
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm almost certain that my very important question will be ignored, but it is one that I must ask.

When is this patch going to be deployed? Will it be out before the next subscription fee is due?

I have already subbed again once, and I feel that that was a complete mistake with how terrible Cyrodiil has been since the last patch. If you plan on keeping a majority of your already dwindling population you need to get this patch out before you make people pay again.
    Edited by Perphection on June 3, 2014 10:21PM
  • CoUsT
    CoUsT
    ✭✭✭
    Still no change for my bugged quest in Reaper's March (missing NPC - Kali). I sent you at least 2 /bug and still not fixed. :( What's wrong? Can you just add her to the correct place? She disappeared after starting quest with her before finishing other quest <- and this quest is now unfinishable.
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    So this is the nightblade balance we have been waiting for? Two useless skills (one of which is mechanically useless) buffed and only thing that makes nightblades ok being nerfed? Please say that is just a rough push before you buff the hell out of everything.... and the dragonknight ability that hits harder out of stealth than surprise attack got a buff.....
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tamanous wrote: »
    Hey more nerfs to DK. I freaking quit.

Do you honestly think that DK is balanced against content and other classes right now? You are investing too much emotion into your character and ignoring all the many issues many other players are going through using other classes.

It is about the betterment of the game ... not your own feelings whilst ignoring larger, global game issues.
    No werewolf fixes yet either. I cry :(

Other than that, looks good.

I can't imagine they could put full investment into skill line and class balancing right now due to this also being a content patch. I firmly believe that a more extensive balance patch could likely shift the balance too far and create too many bugs at once. It's nice seeing smaller changes nearly every path and thus allowing time to judge the changes live.

I see one dungeon and a load of fixes.

Not much of a content patch.

Fix werewolves.
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm almost certain that my very important question will be ignored, but it is one that I must ask.

When is this patch going to be deployed? Will it be out before the next subscription fee is due?

I have already subbed again once, and I feel that that was a complete mistake with how terrible Cyrodiil has been since the last patch. If you plan on keeping a majority of your already dwindling population you need to get this patch out before you make people pay again.

So let me get this straight...

People on the forums complain that patches get released untested.
    Same people complain that patches go through testing before getting released...

Hmm...
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭

Uh, there are four buffs for DKs in that list and two nerfs. Somehow that equals a net nerf in your mind?

What you could do if you're concerned, is go to the PTS, test it, and provide feedback. That would be much more productive than publicly crying about it before you rage quit.
    Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade

• ItsRejectz
    ItsRejectz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think BE nerf is excessive..should of been +25% and no longer immune to snare/roots
    Xbox EU - GT: o69 Woody 69o

VR16 Sorc: Vlad V Impaler
    VR16 Sorc: Yes it's Woody
    VR16 NB: Prince of Wallachia
    VR16 Templar: Sir Lancelot the Brave
    VR16 DK: I'm Better Than You

• Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh, there are four buffs for DKs in that list and two nerfs. Somehow that equals a net nerf in your mind?

What you could do if you're concerned, is go to the PTS, test it, and provide feedback. That would be much more productive than publicly crying about it before you rage quit.

Considering Im a tank, and they buffed dps skills I dont use, but nerfed the tanking skills I do (for the third patch in a row it now seems) its a huge nerf. Unless of course you are a light armor staff user then its a buff Im sure.
  • DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    Really excited for FOV, when is the patch going to be applied?
  • Verzwei
    Verzwei
    Dark Talons on live is currently costing twice of the tooltip's stated magicka cost. Is that going to be addressed?

Additionally, are altered skills going to be refunded? Some pretty major changes here. Example:
    Igneous Shield (Obsidian Shield morph): This ability now increases the healing you deal to allies for 5 seconds instead of increasing your shield value.

Igneous Shield went from being useful for every playstyle and role (especially tanks) to utterly useless for everyone but healers. Please don't make us pay to respec to the other morph of it.

Frankly, that particular change doesn't even make sense. There are absolutely no abilities in the DK kit that heal allies and only a handful that allow the DK to heal him/herself.
    Edited by Verzwei on June 3, 2014 11:00PM
  • bluntobjnub18_ESO
    "Unless of course you are a light armor staff user then its a buff Im sure"

There are DKs that are not light armor staff users??? You could knock me over with a feather!
    Edited by bluntobjnub18_ESO on June 3, 2014 10:53PM
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its really annoying that they nerf nightblades because of stick users but still no weapon bufffs... and then less resource return...
  • Kingslayer
    Kingslayer
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible changes just seeing these as potential patch notes makes me wonder about the decision makes who design things this way ^^^^
  • kedz54
    kedz54
    ✭✭✭
    My God some of you are just never happy. Jfc
    Dunmer Sorcerer
  • Verzwei
    Verzwei
    kedz54 wrote: »
    My God some of you are just never happy. Jfc

Well, I mean, I know they have to balance existing content while fixing current problems, but it's discouraging to see another Dark Talons 'nerf' when the skill is currently busted on live.

The first nerf increased the magicka cost. Okay, fine, the tooltip cost for the spell went up. People can deal. Problem is that not only did the stated cost go up, casting the ability actually costs twice the tooltip amount.

It literally takes 45% of my DK's Magicka bar to cast Dark Talons now, when it should only cost a little over 20%. I see no mention of this being fixed, but they're reducing the effectiveness of the skill again, so hey there's that.

And poor NBs. They've been reporting since launch that Leeching Strikes was busted and only returning 2.4% health per hit instead of the tooltip-stated 4%. Two months later ZOS is... reducing the tooltip to state that the 'bugged' amount is now correct? Really?
  • cicondab16_ESO
    cicondab16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    1) pls buff every stamina skill in 2h and dw, they are underpower compared with magika skill and you risk to die for using stamina

i suggest 2 way to fix it:

-stamina skill must do more damage than magika (cause you risk to die for use stamina damage skill)

-use 1 new and different resource for dodge-roll/block/bash/sprint/cc-break (in this way we will got magika, stamina and utility resource)

2) molthen whip nerf got no sense, it increase your skill damage only 4-10

3) burning talon nerf got no sense, it do low damage and the dot duration is only 4 sec

4) the NB balance planned is not sufficent, if you buff/fix weapon damage from 2h and dw you will open the way of new builds and maybe NB can work better than now and finally will become balanced

5) the nerf of bolting escape (sorcerer) isn't sufficent you need to increase the duration from 4 to 6 sec or increase the cost of next cast to 100%

6) medium armor passive need 1 little rework for work better like the light armor passive:

ligth armor- increase magika regen, spell crit chance, spell penetration, spell resist, decrease cost of magika skill

medium armor- increase crit chance, stamina regen, utility for sneak, decrease stamina cost of dodge roll (maybe add reduce cost of stamina skill too), increase attack speed (useless cause of the light attack cancel animation)

we at least miss some armor penetration on medium armor passive line, maybe put it in the useless "increase attack speed" passive

7) we need the "guild tag" on pvp (of course pve too) leaderboard and under pg name. It is the main resource for every competitive guilds than want recruit other peoples and get some appreciation
    Edited by cicondab16_ESO on June 4, 2014 11:31AM
  • WhiteyC
    WhiteyC
    Fix the *** Nightblade.
  • Asherrion
    Asherrion
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Thanks for the notes! However currently with only a slight increase on Refreshing Path's healing I don't believe it to be at all worthwhile when you consider a NB healer is healing primarily off of Weapon Damage(Source, I am a NB healer). It will have to be a Substantial buff to even make people want to use it for Healing, Heck, if you wanted you could give Funnel Health and Sap Essence a Stronger spell power or higher target component (for heals not damage) so it is better for a trials running Nightblade who didn't want to be restricted to a Resto Staff Skill line.

the other question I have, with path visible to allies do they get the move speed bonus?

Another concern I have is the lack of changes for Stamina Builds. Flurry-Rapid Strikes-Blinding Flurry animation is too long to use it to DPS. The ability is great on paper but due to Light Attack weaving I don't think you will even begin to convince end game Trial runners into using it (assuming you can convince them to put away their staff and robes for some leather and swords to start with).

the last thing is that I see a lot of changes to classes and some nerfs as well. Currently after the most recent patch I feel DK's are in an (almost) respectable spot. however due to the ulti gain nerf it is no longer as good for sustained damage because even with chugging potions they have a mana problem. It also killed a tanks(any class) ability to throw down Ultimates, they already had a reduced ulti count, this makes the role relatively stale and quite boring. I am curious, what numbers are the numbers YOU guys want to see? We know Sorcs can pull 1200, we know NB's can do 1k, Templars are maybe where things should be? With the massive nerf to DK's you upset a lot of people. I think it would go a long way for some justification when you make big changes, a large nerf like the one handed to DK's coupled with the ulti gain nerf felt like overkill and really should have been PTS'd first.

Anyways, thanks for the notes, I really love the game but it just feels like ZOS is missing the mark on some things, but I have faith in you guys. This is just the start for a company on a new MMO coupled with a bit of inexperience.

Looking forward to future patches
    Asherrion
    Edited by Asherrion on June 3, 2014 11:28PM
  • red_wolf_sb14a_ESO
    Where is some actually fun veteran level content, rather than this nail biting doable yet completely not fun stuff we have today. There is literally nothing fun to do once you hit VR1 much less the later veteran levels, the mobs while they can be killed just are not fun to take on. So any fixes or content for the non-power gamer anytime soon?
  • Ghenra
    Ghenra
    ✭✭✭
    And the Imperial City?

And the lag?
    Edited by Ghenra on June 3, 2014 11:34PM
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -stamina skill must do more damage than magika (cause you risk to die for use stamina damage skill)

Okay, bows now use magicka.

Because there's no risk to die with bows unless you're an idiot and back into adds.

You have no idea how stupid the quoted suggestion sounds.
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swear they have a bunch of monkeys running balancing. That or all the devs run light armor staff builds. ZOS successfully created a game with no trinity, all they had to do was nerf tanks to uselessness.
This discussion has been closed.