The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Maintaining a guild

Elder_Thorn
So, i don't even know where to put this.

I want to maintain an active playerbase in a 500/500 trading guild.
so i scroll down on the guild roster, check the last login date for players and notice, that it shows players as offline longer than the guild actually exists. We decided to write mails 48h before hand of a kick out of the guild, to check if the player is active or not. What happened is, that players responded to me, that they are active - with an INGAME mail. I go back to the guild roster and it says that this player, who just wrote me an ingame mail is offline for more than 2 weeks.

How do other people maintain their trading guilds? How am i supposed to know what player is active in my guild?
  • felixgamingx1
    felixgamingx1
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't
  • OrangeTheCat
    OrangeTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also run a trade-only guild and had a very similar issue. I wanted to kick out the people who, according to the guild UI, have been inactive for a month or more... only to discover that indicator is incorrect. Filed a /bug for it and I encourage you to do the same.

Since my guild is stable at around 490-500 people I am pretty sure people who are less than level 10 or so truly have left the game. I've been tempted to kick them.
  • Elder_Thorn
    I also run a trade-only guild and had a very similar issue. I wanted to kick out the people who, according to the guild UI, have been inactive for a month or more... only to discover that indicator is incorrect. Filed a /bug for it and I encourage you to do the same.

Since my guild is stable at around 490-500 people I am pretty sure people who are less than level 10 or so truly have left the game. I've been tempted to kick them.

aye, will do.
    Yeah on one hand kicking those might be a good bet, on the other hand people might always start a twink and log out at level 8 or 12 and be offline for a few days.
  • kaosodin
    kaosodin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Booo that sucks. I hope they do correct that issue