The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Exhausted--Can't Do Boss Battles...

RatsnevE
RatsnevE
✭✭✭
I give up. These boss battles are just to rough and difficult for me. First it was multiple targets to take out for the ring needed to get the Amulet of Kings with. Now it is Mannimarco who spawns minions and doesn't give me a break. Might not be so bad if one had real PCs to help but the NPC's help only goes so far. I'm not having any fun at all trying to get these bosses.

I'm wondering if the bosses only get harder and harder throughout the rest of the PvE game? Anyone know?

BTW, how do I even break out of this quest? There is no abandon option. Am I stuck in it now until I finish it?

I love the game otherwise and have reached level 40 even but these boss battles in the main story just ruin the game for me with their difficulty.
Edited by RatsnevE on May 26, 2014 4:00AM
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bosses only get harder.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Zepheric
    Zepheric
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah they get harder....
    Sanguine's Tester
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was fighting a quest boss earlier and took a couple of screenshots. They might answer your question.

8gg20bdh9es5.jpg

cb0h3xjd41w4.jpg

Edited by Ulvich on May 26, 2014 4:06AM
    B.jpg 36.3K
    A.jpg 36.3K
    Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often - BETA Group: 85 b 9
  • Corew
    Corew
    ✭✭✭
    Mannimarco is about as nasty as it gets, you can just teleport out and go back when you feel like, you'll have to redo part of the quest if you do.
  • kasain
    kasain
    ✭✭✭
    Did it naked as a sor. Mostly healed the npcs and only small dot on him til 20%. Then hard nuke. Npcs only stop if. They run out of hp.
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got a question related to this: when can you go into vet content? Do you have to beat both ball and mannimarco?
  • RatsnevE
    RatsnevE
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I better do that now. Shame these battles aren't side quests one could skip so the main story line could continue to flow uninterrupted. I know everyone has gone through these battles and I'm just pretty damn poor at it.

All the battles and puzzle in this quest leading up to Mannimarco were no problem. I enjoyed the challenges leading up to this. I'll try to appeal to Zenimax to ease off some more on the difficulty. I'm pretty certain they are in a quandary on how to balance ESO for the casual gamer up through the die-hards who get upset if any battle is to easy.

A great solution would be to eliminate the main quest solo-only restriction and use that elsewhere in some other contest where no hard is done if you skip them.
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same question since no one answered me: Do I have to beat both mannimarco and bal to get to vet content?
  • RatsnevE
    RatsnevE
    ✭✭✭
    Ulvich wrote: »
    I was fighting a quest boss earlier and took a couple of screenshots. They might answer your question.
    8gg20bdh9es5.jpg
    cb0h3xjd41w4.jpg
    Yeah, these one-hit kills I have seen plenty of--they just kill me until I get lucky or finally figure out good battle strategy to avoid them. It still goes beyond challenging. The whole problem is that the boss battle strengths don't fit into any battles leading up to them. They live in a different game where if you are leveled with them or a half-dozen levels above them means nothing imo.

Shame on Zenimax as far as I'm concerned. And shame on the die-hard beta testers for driving up these difficulties.
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do I have to beat both bal and mannimarco to unlock vet? I am trying to find exactly when vet content is available, but can't find anything through searches
  • RatsnevE
    RatsnevE
    ✭✭✭
    Do I have to beat both bal and mannimarco to unlock vet? I am trying to find exactly when vet content is available, but can't find anything through searches
    From what I learned talking to a Zen agent on the phone yesterday about this one cannot leave their entry area until they reach level 50 when they become a veteran 1 level. Unfortunately I didn't ask about the status of finishing the main story line but strongly suspect it must be completed too and is probably what provides the means of leaving into the next of the two remaining areas.
    Edited by RatsnevE on May 26, 2014 4:45AM
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭

The Molag Bal fight unlocks the VR content. You have to beat him before you can continue. As for Mannimarco... I honestly don't remember fighting him. The last I saw of him he was laying on a table and then vanished.
    Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often - BETA Group: 85 b 9
  • Leesha
    Leesha
    ✭✭✭

You have to complete the main story line to unlock vet content.
  • Dodece
    Dodece
    ✭✭✭
    While I appreciate your frustration. The reality is you can, and frankly must get better at playing the game. You simply can't expect other players to carry you across the finish line. Everyone of us was where you are at some point playing the game, and we had to tough it out, and figure out what it was we were doing wrong.

I just spent a couple hours tutoring a fellow player in game on the ins and outs of character building. His was the worst botched build I have ever seen. Literally he had made it all the way to Veteran content on just storm calling, light armor, and destruction staff. How he did that I can't honestly fathom. Anyway if he had it in him to pull it off with that horrid build. Rest assured you can get there. All you need to do is figure out a couple mechanics like rolling, blocking, and using the right potions.
  • williambbechtoldub17_ESO
    Mannimarco is the toughest boss. Sinmur can be a long fight (without the shards), but it isn't really that hard...it just takes a while.

Yes you need to beat both to move to Vet content. You do NOT need to be level 50 to go to Vet content. I went at level 47 on my NB.

Edited by williambbechtoldub17_ESO on May 26, 2014 4:56AM
  • RatsnevE
    RatsnevE
    ✭✭✭
    I need to seriously stockpile buffs. I haven't really needed them till now where I finally can see their benefit. I also want to point out the great difficulty staying healed and strong with potions has been. I had over thirty that worked health, magicka, and stamina in each potion BUT THE DAMN COOL Down time gives me plenty of time to die and I do. How many times have I seen my health or stamina rebound only to see it hacked away in the next 5 seconds with 25 seconds remaining before I can sip again or sip on ANYTHING for that matter?

I've only been making the all-in-one health/magicka/stamina potions and the invisibility potions. The foods and drinks you can easily pick up as drops but I've been ignoring their use. I think that has got to change rsn. But you can only have one effect working at a time. So in my case I need to eat or drink something that increases my Stamina 222+ points for 35 minutes. I think that is the highest I've seen.

It also appears I should be working medium armor, bow, and dual wielding skills for my Khajiit NB. Lots to do in the next 10 levels before I hit 50 in Reaper's March and some of the half-dozen quest areas/dungeons I've missed in earlier regions of the Aldmeri Dominion.
    Edited by RatsnevE on May 26, 2014 5:04AM
  • Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    Mannimarco is I think the last of the toughest ones. Everything else is cake.
    Another thing to consider is getting a few levels and then coming back. You can alway teleport to a guild member if you can't beat an instance. Mannimarco will be quite tough at level 40 if you are not the right build to defeat him.

I think Molag Bal is an insanely easy fight compared to Mannimarco. I honestly though he would transform into a "real" version that was challenging, but he didn't. Very easy fight for my NB. I didn't need a single heal potion and really didn't need to use any powers. Light bow attacks kill him pretty quickly.
  • Zarkaz
    Zarkaz
    ✭✭
    Well he is Mannimarco he is a [snip] legend, Legend! I beated him in whites back in a day. AoE minions, kill Marco, easy as it sounds.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on May 26, 2014 5:52PM
  • TRIP233
    TRIP233
    ✭✭✭
    Got a question related to this: when can you go into vet content? Do you have to beat both ball and mannimarco?

Yes. But now that Craglorn is out, I think you will be able to go there if you pick up the quest that leads there.
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of these really difficult boss fights have some sort of trick to them that you need to find. Like the Daedra harvestor with it's infinite supply of health - until you shoot it in the balls.
    Molag Ball has a fatal flaw - he can't self-heal so you only need to keep nibbling away at him. As long as you keep distance and avoid his massive damage, you will take him down eventually. His adds die to their own bolts if you block them (they reflect).
    I would say Manimarco is harder, really.

When you get to vet level, even the trash mobs can one-shot you so there's something to look forward to. :)
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • aeroch
    aeroch
    ✭✭✭
    Only sorta kinda on topic but I'd love to see a difficulty slider as well as a solo/group option for the current solo-only quests. It's not very MMO-like but it would satisfy most of the complaints I've seen. Probably too late at this point but it could be cool in the future
  • RatsnevE
    RatsnevE
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing to consider is getting a few levels and then coming back. You can alway teleport to a guild member if you can't beat an instance. Mannimarco will be quite tough at level 40 if you are not the right build to defeat him.
    Sorry but would you elaborate on this 'guild member' method please? I know I can use wayshrines for some gold to get out. I don't belong to any guilds. One of my real handicaps is that I'm playing all of this solo... I haven't joined with any group. So some dungeons have been out of the question--one per map. The others can be interesting experiences and may take more then one pass to get through if I miss a skyshard or miss a boss respawn or in the case of today two bosses respawning were broken.
    Edited by RatsnevE on May 26, 2014 5:16AM
  • RatsnevE
    RatsnevE
    ✭✭✭
    aeroch wrote: »
    Only sorta kinda on topic but I'd love to see a difficulty slider as well as a solo/group option for the current solo-only quests. It's not very MMO-like but it would satisfy most of the complaints I've seen. Probably too late at this point but it could be cool in the future

It's right on topic as far as I'm concerned especially since Zenimax removed the feedback/suggestions forum we once had. They welcome all of our inputs/thoughts.

These would be really neat options! Unfortunately I think it gets difficult mixing it up in PvE and die-hard gamers would raise a stink. On the other hand I think too that Zenimax placing the toughest bosses with exceptionally powerful skills in the main story line when there is so much much more going on all over the place is pretty mean-spirited of the MMO genre. Why not make the main story line something EVERYONE can get through along the lines of 'bosses' being properly leveled and then put your tough diabolical boss creations in side quests/dungeons that you and I might skip but someone loving this sort of impossible conflict would get special achievements for.

But like you I'm not holding my breath. I figure since I've done it before (gotten through terrible conflicts) eventually I will get that damn Amulet of Kings and just move on to whatever the next brick wall to break through somehow comes along.
    Edited by RatsnevE on May 26, 2014 7:10AM
  • frankuguzzb16_ESO
    RatsnevE wrote: »
    Sorry but would you elaborate on this 'guild member' method please? I know I can use wayshrines for some gold to get out. I don't belong to any guilds. One of my real handicaps is that I'm playing all of this solo... I haven't joined with any group. So some dungeons have been out of the question--one per map. The others can be interesting experiences and may take more then one pass to get through if I miss a skyshard or miss a boss respawn or in the case of today two bosses respawning were broken.
    Well, this is an MMO!
    You can always travel for free to your friends (or guildmates) and usually it's used to leave instances like that.

• kasain
    kasain
    ✭✭✭
    He is a jome. Never used food I. This game. Naked with a few potions. Most playe4s problem is they try to zerg a fight like this. This is a paced fight. Don't try to zerg it and get mad.

The npcs will literailly kill him for you if you heal him and you just kill the adds.
  • RatsnevE
    RatsnevE
    ✭✭✭
    RatsnevE wrote: »
    Well, this is an MMO!
    You can always travel for free to your friends (or guildmates) and usually it's used to leave instances like that.
    I hear you then but of note this is only the second MMO I've ever played and I'm playing it solo with no friends or guilds so far. The other MMO was Guild Wars 2, which I really loved except there is no love for PvP areas or PKing. If any MMOer hasn't played GW2 I really recommend it. It is way to early to tell if I will really love ESO--so far not so good. I haven't solicited any friends nor joined any group successfully. This could change since there is a dungeon on every map that I've been skipping to date.
    Edited by RatsnevE on May 26, 2014 7:20AM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molag bal was very easy for me as a nightblade - i could 2-3 shot his adds, and i got a huge heal everytime i put a mark on one and killed it, so i had virtually unlimited source of self-healing.
    Edited by Sharee on May 26, 2014 7:23AM
  • RatsnevE
    RatsnevE
    ✭✭✭
    Zenimax Technical Support has proven itself exceptional in every way I can measure. I received an email reply back from my request that linked this thread. All it promises is assurance that our ideas do get read and considered in a timely fashion whether implemented ever or not and that I am grateful for after putting in $90 so far to a game that periodically troubles me greatly.

Thank you.
    Edited by RatsnevE on May 26, 2014 7:30AM