Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Akavir Racial Motif - Anybody wants this too?

Aeradon
Aeradon
✭✭✭✭✭
I can't stop thinking of purposely travelling to Cloud Ruler Temple just to grab their armours and swords. It looks too cool to not have.

I can't be the only one who wants to wield this.

Bladessword.png
Blades_armor.jpg
Edited by Aeradon on May 26, 2014 3:09PM
People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like the Akaviri style, not just because of the sword, the armour itself wasn't bad looking.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like the Akaviri style, not just because of the sword, the armour itself wasn't bad looking.

Ah! I know I can't be the only one! The previous title Blades armour kicks arse.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

• hightoriab16_ESO
    Would be good, although I would prefer if It came with an expansion that lets you explore part of the Akaviri homeland
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be good, although I would prefer if It came with an expansion that lets you explore part of the Akaviri homeland

That sir, will be awesome.

• Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see Akaviri gear styles in game.
    I've put in /feedback forms about this before.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    I would love to see Akaviri gear styles in game.
    I've put in /feedback forms about this before.

Woots! Do you think it will be applied any time soon though. With all this rage going on.. :(

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We Can only keep asking.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We Can only keep asking.

One can only hope.

• Locke_ESO
    Locke_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it has expansion content written all over it although of course you can get the PvP armour in the Akaviri style I believe.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah it has expansion content written all over it although of course you can get the PvP armour in the Akaviri style I believe.

Cool, something to look forward to.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love this, as well as an akaviri themed adventure zone. Perhaps an akaviri fort in ruins with undead, or living akaviri in a secluded mountain valley who have managed to maintain a hold without word of a retreat back across the sea? The motif could drop there.

• Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BBSooner wrote: »
    I would love this, as well as an akaviri themed adventure zone. Perhaps an akaviri fort in ruins with undead, or living akaviri in a secluded mountain valley who have managed to maintain a hold without word of a retreat back across the sea? The motif could drop there.

Actually I kept wondering, why aren't motifs drop restricted to zones dominated by specific races? When first I heard about earning motifs, I was like, ok cool, maybe if I deconstructed more armours of that specific motif it would drop at 0.005%. Or I will find it when I raid other races' crafting stations. Or it might be through some quests given by some known blacksmiths like the Skyforge faction or a mysterious Khajiit caravan.

But no, it's just some random books that people read before they go to bed. So not worth collecting that they could leave it with the cookbooks in the cabinet. A fashion guide that one would keep in the dresser? I don't even know why a king would keep lock picks next to their bed; Or vampires that keep garlic next to their bed.

The only lore fitting ones are those backpacks the merchants left behind after some caravan raid.

• skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    The covenant pvp armor looks like Akiviri gear so I'd say this would be pretty easy to implement, and yes, I'd love it. The more armor types the better!
    QQing is a full time job
  • fiachsidhe
    fiachsidhe
    ✭✭✭
    I want a REAL dunmer motif first. (bonemold and chitin) Then yeah akaviri would be cool too.
    Don't have an intelligent argument? Just LOL a post!

Dire Crow - Ebonheart Pact - Dunmer Nightblade
  • eduardo_goncalveseb17_ESO
    Not a great fan of Eastern designs.. Katanas were not swords ment to fight metal armors.. they were too fragile.. and their design reflects that.
  • gurluasb16_ESO
    gurluasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want Dwemer first.
  • Noobie
    Noobie
    ✭✭
    After all the bugs are fixed , and class balance have settled a bit sure. Right now ZoS needs to worry about saving their game then a new set of gear.
  • Bookwyrm
    Bookwyrm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Liking some of the ideas here: Akaviri, yes; Bonemold/chitin, YES; Dwemer, yes!

Obviously bug fixes and class balance > fashion, but that doesn't mean we can't fantasize about future options. :D
    Don't talk to me! I'm a shrub. - Frozen Man
    Bookwyrm - The Thread Killer
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a great fan of Eastern designs.. Katanas were not swords ment to fight metal armors.. they were too fragile.. and their design reflects that.

I beg to differ. Every weapon has it's strengths an weaknesses.

Katanas are made through folding and welding steels of different carbon content, with the lowest forming the core blade and highest forming the outer layers. The folding process would also even out the carbon content and remove any impurities, forming a strong alloy by playing with carbon, iron, and nickel ratio. The weaker inner core also provides the hollow factor that strengthen's the blade's toughness despite it's looks. This also allows the blade to be slightly flexible and less likely to shatter/break upon high impact.

The appearance doesn't mean its lighter though, the metallurgy and composition actually grants katana weight that is the similar to a european *** sword.

It's still a sword, nonetheless, and swords are generally not meant for armour penetration in reality. You have pole arms and axes for that matter. Pitchfork works well too. Given the evenly distributed weight and length of the sword, I could hardly imagine anyone with the strength to tear apart a metal armour with a sword. Axes have a better weight distribution meant for generating momentum based on weight rather than strength, it would be smarter to use an axe.

It's a game, really. In reality people pierce heavy armours with pole arms, dismount after being disarmed, remove their heavy armour for mobility, retaining chain or leather armour, take out their back up swords. The time for a person to swing that axe probably gets them a few vital slashes by a sword/dagger wielder. And when your life is at stake, nobody would be dumb enough to engage a heavy armorer with a sword.

For reference twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?205127-Weapon-Difference/page2&p=3979951#post3979951

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aeradon wrote: »

Yes, But he had a valid point, Katana's are not made to fight metal armour.

In fact Samurai's generally tried to take sword strike on the exposed iron surface on the back, rather than on the blade itself. Because the blade while stronger and beautiful was fragile agaiinst metal on metal clashes. Remember the Japanese used leather and Lacquer armours (others as well but not metal) because metal was a rare resource in Japan.

Also Katanas were about two-thirds the weight of their european counterparts, and no more effective. Tests have shown that a Katana and a European sword did about that same dameage.

However they look nice in a game, and the Akaviri armour was nice too, and I want them.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on May 26, 2014 11:19AM
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeradon wrote: »

Yes, But @Aeradon had a valid point, Katana's are not made to fight metal armour.

In fact Samurai's generally tried to take sword strike on the exposed iron surface on the back, rather than on the blade itself. Because the blade while stronger and beautiful was fragile agaiinst metal on metal clashes. Remember the Japanese used leather and Lacquer armours (others as well but not metal) because metal was a rare resource in Japan.

Also Katanas were about two-thirds the weight of their european counterparts, and no more effective. Tests have shown that a Katana and a European sword did about that same dameage.

However they look nice in a game, and the Akaviri armour was nice too, and I want them.

+1 Insightful.

The Samurais only had metal armours popularised after establishing trade with Europe in the 16th century. The armours, however, was made to protect against bullets rather than blades.

Regardless, the Khajiit needs his shiny.

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bump, because I still want it.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Akaviri Dragonguard should still be around in this era (according to lore they guarded the Ruby Throne during the Interregnum), and they would of course be wearing the Blades-style armour and swords from Oblivion/Skyrim.
  • Zarkaz
    Zarkaz
    ✭✭
    Oh yeah! Do eeeet
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump, because I still want it.

LOL. I wanna bump it so bad but I can't :( Thanks! Let's get this Akaviri suggestion into their ears!
    Edited by Aeradon on May 26, 2014 2:56PM

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, I'm hoping that the first major expansion (or the second - I'm not greedy) is Akavir, and introduces some of the Akaviri races as a new faction. The regions of Akavir would work just like the regions of the Daggerfall Covenant, Aldmeri Dominion, and Ebonheart Pact for the Akaviri faction, and would be a veteran level zone for characters of other factions.

But we can get a motif before then hopefully...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ur-Quan wrote: »
    Yup, I'm hoping that the first major expansion (or the second - I'm not greedy) is Akavir, and introduces some of the Akaviri races as a new faction. The regions of Akavir would work just like the regions of the Daggerfall Covenant, Aldmeri Dominion, and Ebonheart Pact for the Akaviri faction, and would be a veteran level zone for characters of other factions.

But we can get a motif before then hopefully...

Their reign has ended in the era, but that's one lore I wouldn't mind ZOS breaking. (: