The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Vampire spawns - When?

Uberkull
Uberkull
✭✭✭✭✭
The Google results on when Vampires spawn is dated back to 2014. I don't want another player bite, so I'm trying to figure out some details.

Here is what I understand:
For Vampires:
1) When hunting for Bloodfiends, we are looking for level 37-42 areas, like The Rift in EP.
2) It needs to be nighttime in game which only lasts 1.5 hours.
3) The sky should have nighttime stars, not be dusk or dawn.

Question is, do these Blooffiends spawn every night, only on some crazy moon phases, when?
▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • MikeB
    MikeB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have a small chance to spawn every night, other than a full moon, and are guaranteed to spawn during the new moon phase (no moon in the sky). I got my bite last night on the NA Xbox1 megaserver AD. I saw 2 different groups of Bloodfiends, one group of 2 and another group of 3 in Reapers March right before the sun came up, or during the "twilight" time of night/morning. Dont spend your time camping at the places people have marked on maps when you google. The two places I saw the BF's last night are not shown on any of the maps I saw when I googled.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moon phases do not matter.
    If you are really desperate, I could scam you for 20K. Uh. Bite you, of course.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much every night. Also, if you have access to the Vet zones, you can also find them in Bangkorai and Reaper's March.

The Moot Councillor
  • MikeB
    MikeB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »

This is the problem, everyone has different information and no one knows for sure about anything when it comes to the conditions for bloodfiends spawning. There's hardly any two "guides" that will have the same information about how/when they spawn and the locations as to where they spawn. All I know is there most guides did say they are guaranteed to spawn on a new moon and werewolves during a full moon. Can you show any proof they are not reliant on the moon phases?
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ?
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Pretty much every night. Also, if you have access to the Vet zones, you can also find them in Bangkorai and Reaper's March.
    What's this mean? So because the Bloodfiends in these areas are VR level, any of them will transmit the Vampire bite?

At anytime?
    Edited by Uberkull on 8 July 2015 21:47
    ▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    uberkull wrote: »
    ?
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    What's this mean? So because the Bloodfiends in these areas are VR level, any of them will transmit the Vampire bite?

At anytime?
    The relevant vampire spawns appear only in The Rift, Reaper's March and Bangkorai. What AlnilamE means is that you can go to one of the other two zones if you are at the right VR in order to avoid the camping of the ones in your level 43 zone.
    MikeB wrote: »
    This is the problem, everyone has different information and no one knows for sure about anything when it comes to the conditions for bloodfiends spawning. There's hardly any two "guides" that will have the same information about how/when they spawn and the locations as to where they spawn. All I know is there most guides did say they are guaranteed to spawn on a new moon and werewolves during a full moon. Can you show any proof they are not reliant on the moon phases?
    I can't show proof, but I know from personal experience that they will not always spawn on a New Moon, as I've checked the spawn points, and that they will spawn during other moon phases (including Full) because I've seen them there then.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MikeB wrote: »

No, I can not. Strictly logically they even could be reliant, but the fact is I run into a group of bloodfiends when it was neither new moon nor full moon.
    Edited by JamilaRaj on 9 July 2015 11:33
  • Mighty_oakk
    Mighty_oakk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easiest way to do it imo:

Wait until the appropriate moon.

Goto the appropriate veteran zone.

Goto ww / vamp spawn location.

Both times I did it only took 5 minutes. As opposed to 50 players camping regular zone the ww / vamps were waiting for me in the vet zone.
  • RadicalSpirit
    RadicalSpirit
    ✭✭✭

This.