Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

PVP Banners and Finishers Coming?

Horrum
Horrum
✭✭✭
I just had a look at the ESO Plus Membership page and noticed the screenshots. One shows a guy finishing another on the floor (execution style) in front of a keep and another shows a guild (same tabards etc) with banners in the ranks. o.O

Can anyone explain? I love both ideas and hope they are implemented eventually. Or is this unscrupulous marketing?
  • Kalman
    Kalman
    ✭✭✭✭
    You mean these:
    ESOPLUSApproved_First-Revenge01_RAW_lrg.png

ESOPLUSApproved_GuildSizeReached(RAW)_lrg.png

That looks like art. That really shouldn't be under screenshots. I doubt that will ever be something in game.
  • Horrum
    Horrum
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah precisely. And you are right, it does look more like art than screenshots lol. Oh well :smile:
  • Vil
    Vil
    ✭✭✭
    This would be a good way taking advantage of ESO's rating.
    Yes to finishers!
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tbh finishers would only be possible to do in pve. cyrodiil wiht finishers would be a nightmare, and we know it would come out bugged to the *** haha. I like the banners though xD
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aco5712 wrote: »
    tbh finishers would only be possible to do in pve. cyrodiil wiht finishers would be a nightmare, and we know it would come out bugged to the *** haha. I like the banners though xD

Finisher animations would work just fine if implemented properly. Just set it to trigger an animation when a target is at a specific health threshold and give it a percentage chance of happening. Hell it could be made into a passive or only apply to specific abilities(such as executes). We already have loose finishers when a weapon enchant procs at the right time and the target gets turned into ash, frozen in place and then shatters, or their skin boils, etc.
    Edited by LtCrunch on 26 March 2015 11:11
    NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

• Divad Zarn
    Divad Zarn
    ✭✭✭
    thats awesome :3 cant wait for 2.1.0 patch it will be most surprising patch for sure!
  • Horrum
    Horrum
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah finishers could also be optional. When a players is killed a prompt could appear to perform a finishing move. That way you yourself can decide when to do it and it would be purely RP/cosmetic. When you are in a battle with 20 people it probably would be a bad idea, but for 1v1? Hell yeah

Banners are easy enough to implement I guess.