Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Staff animation(add book to another hand)

Exstazik
Exstazik
✭✭✭✭
CUY93zV.jpg
pZBb2Qb.jpg
In most staff animation the character use only 1 hand .
My 2 cent:add book.
*NOTE.Staff still 2h weapon,book-only visual effect

w0gLFRg.jpg
Edited by Exstazik on 15 February 2015 11:50

Staff animation(add book to another hand) 47 votes

It's terrible idea
46% 22 votes
It's a good offer
36% 17 votes
Hard to answer
17% 8 votes
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea.

I would like to see different styles for each type of staff. Don't know why they look exactly the same, it's kinda lame.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How would they block?
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love the drawing, its really gorgeous! But i think I prefer the staff without book anyway.
    Could be nice if they add another magical weapon, like wand + book. Or just book, like the arcanist in FFXIV.
  • jpatek0501ub17_ESO
    jpatek0501ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    How would they block?

Hold Staff up with a small force field to lighten the blow.
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elloa wrote: »
    I love the drawing, its really gorgeous! But i think I prefer the staff without book anyway.
    Could be nice if they add another magical weapon, like wand + book. Or just book, like the arcanist in FFXIV.
    I already have some thoughts about it.If ZOS want to make 2h staff=1h staff+book/orb than bow should be bow/arrow to prevent differences

How would they block?
    Well....45 degree with staff in one hand and magick rune(shield) from the book....i have also good question:How 2h users block ,magick fireball? :D

Bo6EovT.jpg

Edited by Exstazik on 14 February 2015 12:30
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    EDIT.Double post Sorry
    Edited by Exstazik on 14 February 2015 12:20
  • ArcanusMagus
    ArcanusMagus
    ✭✭✭
    How would they block-cast?

Fixed that for ya.
    Arcanus Magus
    Chrysamere Pact
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to have a book as a weapon all of it's own.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    How would they block?
    n4Xzkyo.jpg

• Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    It would be nice to have a book as a weapon all of it's own.

Or a rolled-up newspaper ;)
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My character dont need to read spells. Its smart enough to memorize all dem spells. No book pliss. ;)
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone played Diablo 3
    diablo_3_wizard_by_doneplay-d5rzudt.jpg
    Tal Rasha set
    And rhis is how it looks in game.
    talsfemalewiz.png
    Edited by AshySamurai on 14 February 2015 13:36
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    My character dont need to read spells. Its smart enough to memorize all dem spells. No book pliss. ;)

yFKNihg.jpg

:p

• xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Exstazik wrote: »

yFKNihg.jpg

:p

hahahahaha :D you really screenshotted me that day? i have no gear on my DC chars anymore. I was just chatting :D

I gave you an awesome for that :D
    Edited by xMovingTarget on 14 February 2015 13:46
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    add another example
  • folklore
    folklore
    ✭✭
    I think it's a terrible idea -- HOWEVER... Adding tomes/wands into the game would be excellent. Torches toooooo. ;D
    DERPCHU@TWITCH
    POCKY | SORCERER | VR5 | ALDMERI
    FOLKLORE | NIGHTBLADE | VR5 | EBONHEART
    COOKIE | TEMPLAR | ?? | EBONHEART
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!
    Already picturing new book-throwing skill line. IN YOUR FACE! Do want!

However... the (normal) book will look a lot more like a rolled up last weeks newspaper.
    And of course, various fancy-looking book covers will be available in the Clown Store shortly.
  • Liedeke
    Liedeke
    ✭✭✭
    I would have worded it differently, like maybe just a no instead of saying it is a terrible idea. ;p

But this is a TES game. You may learn spells from a book, but you do not need a book to cast a it. For me it would feel out of place tbh.
    Edited by Liedeke on 15 February 2015 11:59
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wouldn't make sense, since people would argue that you would be given more slots to remember how to use spells.
  • prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭
    book is not rly eso type of thing, however, i would love to see all skills(class skills etc) being channeled through equipped weapon instead of mysteriously 'losing' weapon for the spell and the it magickally comes back.