Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Your CPU for those with and without FPS issues

someuser
someuser
✭✭✭✭
If you choose to respond, please also include your OS, GPU as well as the total amount of RAM.

If you want to get fancy, please also include your GPU driver number.
Edited by someuser on 7 July 2014 22:38
To make ESO look and feel like a PC MMO check out the following:

PhinixUI addon-powered interface for ESO

Your CPU for those with and without FPS issues 415 votes

I run an Intel i5 and have no fps issues
14%
Srugzalrophez_ESOBolshkoboyashi_ESORaidenz258b14a_ESOers101284b14_ESODirtySmeegs33HadriaDayelTabkeyKarlosTheGrouchWodwojdroebuckb16_ESOTalgus07ESOoliver.wikstenb16_ESOObservantCaziccchin256b16_ESOValen_ByteSoothy 59 votes
I run an Intel i7 and have no fps issues
24%
MaddjujuOpioidSoonerMagicEEindytims_ESOEzarethKikazaruItsMeTootimothywnugent_ESOAnrikRedlagJerrikotheyanceydrzycki_ESOThe_Guilty_PartyNorthernFuryLlywDiviniuskarmamuleEthonaGhostnight013 100 votes
I run an AMD processor and have no fps issues
9%
VeeroDevolusbosmern_ESOsungodapollo976_ESOSweetroll-BanditLawfulEviljimshrum3b14_ESOLeeshagribsLariraLauradanausuraAsgarothstefan.gustavsonb16_ESOgdorsettub17_ESOLariahHundingPotenzaRinaldoGandolphitajniackriverdragon72 39 votes
I run an Intel i5 and HAVE fps issues
15%
EJRose83Obscurezward887_ESOTeargrantsKevinmonWolfsspinneMorvulTankqulleonowakb16_ESOtylarthb16_ESONeizirlightboy.joseb16_ESOjames_vestbergb16_ESOcluelesstordr86b16_ESOfrankuguzzb16_ESOarnaldomoraleseb17_ESOb92303008rwb17_ESOAnath_Qjelliedsoup 66 votes
I run an Intel i7 and HAVE fps issues
22%
JusticiarEmperorshanersimms_ESOPrainxLrdRahvinMujuroAltDeLeetEivarTheLawderuddb14_ESOnukeyooThatNeonZebraAgainSystemiKBloodGoddessOrangeTheCatshiva7663traigusb14_ESO2ArmigedonZyffyrzulikab14_ESO 94 votes
I run an AMD processor and HAVE fps issues
13%
cozmon3c_ESOpotato404michael21IagoCreslian7ben_ESO5SaetOmegaSevenMoeCoastieJaxomRylanasqushy7CadurynCrowzerTehMagnusgemmill1b16_ESOIggybotbigos81eb17_ESODan_Fazzyub17_ESOfedericofc1988rwb17_ESO 57 votes
  • Cyanhide
    Cyanhide
    ✭✭✭
    I'm running

AMD Vishera FX-9590
    20 gig RAM
    GTX 780
    Latest Nvidia driver
    Windows 7 64 bit.

Also run the game on macbook pro retina on high no lag.

Oh and Europe.
    Edited by Cyanhide on 7 July 2014 22:41
  • someuser
    someuser
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm running windows 7 64bit, with a GTX770, and 4gb of RAM. I'm also using the Nvidia 337.88 driver

EDIT:
    I should also note my AMD chip is a 965BE.
    Edited by someuser on 7 July 2014 22:42
    To make ESO look and feel like a PC MMO check out the following:

PhinixUI addon-powered interface for ESO
  • drkeys143
    drkeys143
    ✭✭✭
    i5 2500K Quad
    GTX 680 GPU
    16gig RAM
    Win 8.1
    No FPS issues
    Edited by drkeys143 on 7 July 2014 22:44
  • psychoman88ub17_ESO
    Win 7 64bit, AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, Radeon 7950 3GB , 8 GB Ram
    Edited by psychoman88ub17_ESO on 8 July 2014 00:12
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2500k,

I don't have FPS issues, but the FPS could be higher. I am talking of 50 in the open world and about 25-30 in towns and crowded places. Ultra Full HD 100 view distance
  • sevcik.miroslaveb17_ESO
    System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
    Processor: i3-3210 @3,2GHz
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Graphic card: MSI GTX660 4GB RAM(as per DXdiag)

I had no issues running ESO with patch 1.2.2
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can already tell it's not a CPU problem.

Most rumors point to specific GPU's, but even that is questionable since another thread recommended Nvidia users update their driver to the new beta version, and people were still reporting problems.

There is a bug somewhere in the patch, possibly with the new lighting settings, which is obviously complicated or it would have been fixed by now.
    Edited by SFBryan18 on 7 July 2014 22:49
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game needs optimization, its recommended CPU is nowhere near enough for it.

Its not cpu, gpu, or harddrive, its the codes that need more optimization. They should focus on that.
  • Istyar
    Istyar
    ✭✭✭
    My laptop:

I5 3337U - 2.8Ghz
    4Gb RAM DDR3 1600Mhz
    Nvidia GT 730M - 128bits/725 MHz- 2G DDR3/2000 MHz
    HD 1TB Samsung 7200 RPM

Running game on max settings (Water and Shadows at medium) with 50FPS+ (crowded areas like trading cities i'm getting 30FPS+)
    Istyar ~ Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion - Savior of Nirn - Hero of Tamriel

Istyar, the old sorcerer from Summerset Isles, Master of the Old Ways of the Psjiic Order and Grand Master of the Illusion and Mysticism Divison of Aldmeri Dominion Army.

Check the UESP and learn more about TES universe: https://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Istyar wrote: »
    My laptop:

I5 3337U - 2.8Ghz
    4Gb RAM DDR3 1600Mhz
    HD 1TB Samsung 7200 RPM

Running game on max settings (Water and Shadows at medium) with 50FPS+ (crowded areas like trading cities i'm getting 30FPS+)

You should turn them up to high if you're getting 50fps on medium. No one can really see a difference in fps after 30, but high shadows make a big difference for small objects like grass.

I have an Nvidia 560m and run everything on high. I get between 20-25 fps and the game looks great without any input lag. I don't get why people are so obsessed with fps since the eye can't really detect that many frames going by (unless they were playing in 3D).
    Edited by SFBryan18 on 7 July 2014 22:57
  • MADshadowman
    MADshadowman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Win7 Home Premium 64bit
    GeForce GT 630M (Laptop)
    8 GB RAM
    Intel Core i5 - 2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2.50GHz

Since the FPS issue appeared i play on lowest settings, with drops down to 1.5 frames.
    Edited by MADshadowman on 7 July 2014 22:58
  • MADshadowman
    MADshadowman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SFBryan18 wrote: »
    You should turn them up to high if you're getting 50fps on medium. No one can really see a difference in fps after 30, but high shadows make a big difference for small objects like grass.

I have an Nvidia 560m and run everything on high. I get between 20-25 fps and the game looks great without any input lag. I don't get why people are so obsessed with fps since the eye can't really detect that many frames going by (unless they were playing in 3D).

That is not true, your eyes don't have a specific frame rate they can capture. at 24-25 frames animations begin to look smooth, but your eyes are capable of capturing way way more frames. probably way over a hundred. more frames make the animations look smoother and the input gets more responsive.

I'd say for a good gaming experience you wouldn't need more than 60 fps, but some people swear they can see the difference between 60 frames and 90-100 frames.

• Cyanhide
    Cyanhide
    ✭✭✭
    SFBryan18 wrote: »
    Istyar wrote: »
    My laptop:

I5 3337U - 2.8Ghz
    4Gb RAM DDR3 1600Mhz
    HD 1TB Samsung 7200 RPM

Even though I hate the endless discussions about FPS boosting, this statement isn't 100% correct;

It is correct the human eye can't see the difference between 30 or 60 fps. However this is only the case if its a steady 30 or 60. Like say with a movie; In games however you do notice the difference. ( because you can never have an exact fps )

I used to have a bad pc and I'd run games around 30 fps and I didn't care, heck 24 was good for me. But now I play at around 50'ish and I do feel/see the difference.
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run:
    I7 4770k 3.5ghz
    16gb DDR3
    Radeon R9 290x
    Win 8.1

I get a steady 59fps with everything on ultra and draw distance maxed out, but in cyrodiil my fps has dropped as low as 8fps that I can remember.
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh, I prefer quality over smoothness.
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intel core i7 - 4700MQ CPU @ 2.4GHz, 2.4GHz
    12 GB RAM
    Win 8.1 64 bit
    Nvidia Geforce GT 740
    Directx11 (although currently only using directx9 and it works pretty well. Particle effects don't seem to render as well. I should change that back.)

I run on high most of the time.

Only had major FPS issues once for maybe 20-30 seconds. playtime: 64 hrs. PvE only, really. And at the time I was running in XP compatability mode.

I did run it up in the Oculus Rift, on medium settings, and it ran actually really well with no FPS issues.
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I-7 4770K 3.5 Ghz cpu; ATI Radeon 7870 gpu; 16g ram

Also there was no option for have issues- don't care anymore-I quit
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eivar wrote: »
    I run:
    I7 4770k 3.5ghz
    16gb DDR3
    Radeon R9 290x
    Win 8.1

I get a steady 59fps with everything on ultra and draw distance maxed out, but in cyrodiil my fps has dropped as low as 8fps that I can remember.

We have similar rigs...your gpu is better and I'm on WIN764 bit but ident. cpu's and I have exactly the same performance as you're reporting
    Edited by LrdRahvin on 7 July 2014 23:15
  • Seroczynski
    Seroczynski
    ✭✭✭
    i7 2700K
    16 GB RAM
    Windows 7 SP1 x64
    MSI N660 Ti PE (GeForce 337.88)
    “To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.” ― Homer J. Simpson
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My FPS drops a tiny bit when it rains, but not below 45. Also for some reason, killing a Wisp Mother after this last patch drops FPS to 10 FPS for about 15 seconds, after which it goes back to normal.
  • zyr1987
    zyr1987
    I should note that I'm still only about level 11 and in the AD and perhaps haven't reached a location where FPS issues would occur (though I do occasionally flash backwards a couple yards)

AMD A10 6700
    8GB RAM
    Windows 8.1 Update1 X64
    AMD Radeon HD 8670D (4224 GB VRAM, using my base RAM)

High graphics settings as far as I know
    Edited by zyr1987 on 7 July 2014 23:30
  • Pristia
    Pristia
    ✭✭
    I am playing on a laptop:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    i7-2670QM (2.2 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz
    8 GB RAM
    2GB AMD Radeon HD 7690M GDDR5 (running Leshcat labs drivers)

I play on high, with shadows off getting about 40-50 fps open world and 20-30 in town.
    Edited by Pristia on 7 July 2014 23:32
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

Albert Einstein
  • Falmer
    Falmer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I notice most people don't put their VRAM on their GPUs. I would say that is most likely the culprit that so many people are overlooking.
  • Nicky_W
    Nicky_W
    ✭✭✭
    i7 2600k
    AMD HD6970 2GB
    8GB RAM

Average 40-50+ FPS in PVE and genreal PVP. (Playing on high/ultra)

As soon as I get near a big battle/fort FPS plummets to 8-12 , has been as low as 3.
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Falmer wrote: »
    I notice most people don't put their VRAM on their GPUs. I would say that is most likely the culprit that so many people are overlooking.

Doesn't the Nvidia control panel do this for you?
  • thorntk421
    thorntk421
    ✭✭✭
    AMD FX 8320 8 core processor
    8 GB RAM(DDR3)
    Windows 7 Pro
    Gforce GTX760 (2GB 256-Bit GDDR5)

Run all options at max and have no FPS issues. Getting around 40-45 fps on average.

A week ago I was a getting a small drop in FPS and some lag. Then I noticed my system was getting hotter since it's summer and I have no AC in my apt. Cranked my liquid cooler up to medium setting and guess what? No more FPS issues or lag!
    Check those temps.
    Edited by thorntk421 on 7 July 2014 23:56
  • FrozenAnimal
    FrozenAnimal
    ✭✭✭✭
    System: Windows 7 64-bit
    Processor: i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30 GHz ~ 3.60 GHz
    Memory: 4 GB RAM
    Graphic card: Palit NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Jetstream 4GB RAM
    (GeForce 340.43 Driver Beta)

100 fps ~ 2 fps (Europe Server)
    Edited by FrozenAnimal on 7 July 2014 23:33
    Vollmond Rudel - Deutschsprachige Werwolfgilde, Plattform: PC/Mac
    Unsere Mitglieder riechen nach nasser Hund, unsere gejagten Widersacher nach Urin.
    Anfragen an: @FroziAnimal [Ingame] oder @FrozenAnimal [Forum]
    Saerydoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    i7-4770k
    780ti
    32GB DDR3-1600

No FPS issues
  • psychoman88ub17_ESO

How do i check this?
  • zyr1987
    zyr1987

How do i check this?

I would suggest try Googling your GPU?